Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-07-2023, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How long have you been digi scrappin?

I've been digi scrapping since 2011. I was a paper scrapper and finally dipped my toe into digital. I had been holding out for at least a year and finally told my sister (who was a Creative Memories Rep) that I would give it a try. I knew I wasn't going to like it... ha!

Once I made my first page, I haven't looked back. I still have all my paper stuff and think someday I will do some hybrid things.

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? Was it love at first attempt? Did you previously paper scrap? Do you think you style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving?

Old 05-07-2023, 04:13 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I started traditional (CM) paper scrapping in 1999. But I had been scrapping for years before that without knowing that I was. I would clip newspaper articles and put them in the old style photo albums (you know with the photo corners).

I had been using Paint Shop Pro for other things since the mid-90's and happened upon a website about digital scrapping in late 2007. I tried it. I liked it. Been hooked ever since.

I have cleaned out a lot of my paper supplies but still have some. Just in the last 2 years I have moved stuff my mom had put in a magnetic photo album about her teaching career (she retired in 1986, passed away in 1996) to 12x12 CM albums and have included some digital layouts with those traditional ones.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started paper scrapping in high school. I "graduated" to digital in 2011 or so when Stampin' Up introduced Digital Scrapbook. I was a demonstrator/seller for them. I had to quit when I start selling my own digital supplies since it was a conflict.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I began digi-scrapping in 2006 when I had my son. I had been paper scrapping for about a decade before that when it was mostly just edged-scissors and stickers slapped on a page. lol
Old 05-07-2023, 06:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was a bit wanna be paper scrapper since middle/high school. Funky scissors, stickers and construction paper.

I officially started digi scrapping in July 2006, when our first was about 15 months old, she’s graduating high school in June and I’m so thankful that I found this hobby when she was so young, she has an entire lifetime of memories that have been recorded!
Old 05-07-2023, 10:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started “scrapbooking” in high school as I was really involved with the yearbook - I just didn’t know it was a form of scrapbooking- laying out photos, drawing templates so the publisher knew where to put the photos.

Then in 2001, I went to England for a short term assignment for work and had a need to put all the photos and memorabilia somewhere- my step dad leant me his new digital camera- it saved photos in 3.25 floppy disks!!! ��

I first tried digital in 2007- my mom hated the layout part of paper scrapbooking and I bought her a software program called memory mixer (I think it was). She gave it back to me asking that I figure out how to use it and then teach her. I was eh about their paper and elements in the program and wonder if there was something better… and that is how I found sweet shoppe.

I tried to do paper and digi… even had my own scrap for others business… until 2009 or so when I decided to switch to hybrid. Now I really only do hybrid for birthday invites and for kiddos learning. But at 16 - he doesn’t need the cute learning games anymore.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:35 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I started scrapbooking from November 2008. I am strictly a digital scrapper, though.
That time, my husband and I were just married for a year and we were living in Liverpool, UK and studying PhD in the university.

This beloved hobby of mine has helped me go through so many phases of life and 15 years later, I am still loving and enjoying it so much. And, even though I am not printing those pages as many as I want to, I know one day, these pages will be precious for my family to look back.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I paper scrapped growing up, 1st in Scrapbooks,and then in Creative Memory albums. When my youngest was born we got our 1st digital camera, and I quickly switched to digital scrapbooking- so 2006. I still have many regular photos that need to be scrapped. Some of them I will scan in to scrap digitally, but my current goal is to just make some slip in page albums to at least make these photos visible to the girls.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Never did paper.
Found digi in 2009 and haven't looked back

Old 05-11-2023, 07:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started paper scrapping when my oldest was 2-3 so like 2003-4 ish. Then I found digital scrapping in 2010 when I was trying to make a Disney photobook for my Dad on a Disney trip he took with us and the kids. Fell in love with it and got rid of most of my paper supplies! Due to crazy life changes and a broken computer, I stopped scrapping for several years but glad to be back at it again in the last year!
Old 05-13-2023, 03:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started documenting a trip to Australia way back in the late 90's then became a card maker and paper scrapbooker in early 2000's with Creative Memories. Did Web Design as a class at high school and then started digital scrapbooking around 2006ish and haven't looked back.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-13-2023, 06:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I started paper scrapping in 2007 when my oldest was born. I discovered digital scrapbooking somewhere 2008/2009 and was hooked.
Than in 2010 I learned to design myself and started designing templates only first and later that moved on to kit/collections
Old 05-13-2023, 11:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started "scrapbooking" when I was in high school -- I used construction paper and stickers! I didn't have time once I went off to college. I didn't really pick it back up until 1998, shortly after I was married, when I found out about acid free papers, stickers, etc. Then I was introduced to digital scrapbooking in 2005. I made my first digital page in April 2006. It was incredibly frustrating at first. My husband had Paint Shop Pro, and he taught me how to use it. After I got over the learning curve, I was hooked and have looked back to paper scrapping only a few times since then. I did quickly learn that Photoshop Elements was really what I needed to be using.

My scrapping style has evolved, just as the digital supplies have. I never used templates in the beginning because I am a very simple scrapper and a journaler and I like using large photos, and most templates back then were not quite accommodating to my style. Frankly, I never used templates on a regular basis (although I sure am good at collecting them - LOL!) until 2019, when I was a guest CT for a template designer.
Old 05-13-2023, 02:52 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I was a Creative Memories consultant back in the day... started Digital Scraping somewhere around 2004-2005. I find that I am far better with pixels than I am with scissors!
Old 05-19-2023, 09:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? 2007, but first gallery posting wasn't until 2008
Was it love at first attempt? Yes
Did you previously paper scrap? No
Do you think you style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving? It evolved for the first 3 years or so, but then has remained fairly constant. I'm capable of other styles, but definitely have a default
Old 05-20-2023, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? Since 2005
Was it love at first attempt? Yes!
Did you previously paper scrap? Yes, but not as much as I have done with digital
Do you think you style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving? Always evolving! My first pages were cringe-worthy!

Old 05-20-2023, 11:47 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

The first thing I scrapped was my Wedding and honeymoon (the first one...eeeekk) which was in 1999. That was traditional paper scrapping. I got rid of the hubby and the paper...lol! I have been digi scrapping since 2012! I lost use of my computer during the kids middle school andhigh school years so there was a big gap but I got my own laptop this Christmas and have jumped in with both feet!
Old 05-23-2023, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started in 2006 when I was searching for 'computer crafts' on the internet. I download a free version of Paint Shop Pro - I remember struggling when I first started - sitting at my desk in tears but determined to learn the software. I joined Digital Scrpabook Place and hung out there for many years. My style has 100% evolved ... as the industry has.

I was never really into paper scrapbooking, but was always trying to find something creative to do ... today, when I am not doing digital scrapbooking, I'm busy stamping and creating cards.
Old 05-23-2023, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love reading your answers to my post! Thank you!

It is great getting to know each of your better and how you discovered this amazing craft.

Old 05-23-2023, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started in 2006. I was never a paper scrapper, but it looks like fun. Messy, but fun.
Old 05-27-2023, 10:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? I started exclusively digital scrapping in 2012.

Was it love at first attempt? I had been introduced to digital scrapbooking in 2006, but there was too much going on in my life to make the switch. But, it definitely was love at first attempt!

Did you previously paper scrap? I started paper scrapping in 1994.

Do you think you style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving? I think my style is similar to where I started. Maybe it's a little more ornate. I would love to perfect simple scrapping, but haven't had much luck with it!
Old 05-28-2023, 08:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? IDK. I will have to look back but I think it was in 2010...my first LO in the SSD Gallery is from 2013.
Did you previously paper scrap? Yes, I taped ticket stubs, cards, etc in a paper album in High School. Paper scrapbook supplies were introduced in college. My dorm room mate and I scrapbooked together.
Do you think you style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving? My first digi los were simpler and flatter.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started traditional scrapbooking about twenty five years ago. I started digital scrapbooking about 14 years ago. I used to visit Daisy Trail a lot back in the day and had many layouts posted there.
Old 06-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? Since 2007, and I started designing and selling templates in 2011.
Did you previously paper scrap? Yes, I started paper scrapping after my oldest was born in 2001. It was so messy and such a hassle, especially by 2006, when I had 3 children getting into everything LOL! I was immediately hooked, and then when I discovered digital glitter.. oh, girl.. I became OBSESSED with digi!!
Do you think you style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving? Absolutely! Really, I think one's style would naturally evolve over the nearly two decades that this has been my hobby; especially with the way the industry, trends, and designers, evolve. In scrapping and designing both. I'll always be a traditional, paper-style digi scrapper, but I have come to love other styles and combine them all into what I do!
Old 06-04-2023, 02:30 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digital scrapbooking? I started in 2006 by making a hybrid birthday album for my father. I was hooked but skipped the paper as I am not a scissors and glue girl.
Was it love at first attempt? Yes and Yes.

Did you previously paper scrap? Nope, hate glue and scissors.

Do you think your style has evolved over the years and is it still evolving? Yes, A: because my skills have improved B: I use templates most of the time now because after I went back to work I don't have the headspace to do a sketch. Why work so hard when it is made for you.