Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-31-2020, 09:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping a lot?

Who has been scrapping more than usual?

I'm still working (from home) so I haven't had any real time during the weekday, but having my weekends and evenings free of kid activities, I've scrapped 65 layouts in March!

I couldn't tell you the last time I scrapped 20 layouts in a month.

I also broke down and bought a new laptop, so I can scrap from the couch, that has helped a ton too.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Exact opposite - scrapping much less.

I still have to work through all of this (though from home) - which is all computer based - and now also supervise the kids doing school online. By the end of my working day the last thing I want to do is spend more time on the computer!

I'm finding I have more free time after work from not having to commute, kids activities being cancelled, etc but so far I haven't been very productive with it. Hopefully I'll get into a routine soon - especially if this goes on for six months which is what alot of people are saying here.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Exact opposite - scrapping much less.

I still have to work through all of this (though from home) - which is all computer based - and now also supervise the kids doing school online. By the end of my working day the last thing I want to do is spend more time on the computer!

I'm finding I have more free time after work from not having to commute, kids activities being cancelled, etc but so far I haven't been very productive with it. Hopefully I'll get into a routine soon - especially if this goes on for six months which is what alot of people are saying here.
I think since we’ve found a routine, that has helped with the kids being out of school and it still hasn’t been very nice outside, so I’ve been inside, a lot!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Overall, no. But, today I scrapped a lot. My new computer is super slow, but my additional RAM is being delivered tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll zip once I install it.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope. Not scrapping at all. First thought when they said no school (at first it was for 4 days) was that I'd get to scrap. I was thrilled. Then things got progressively worse and I couldn't do it. I can't focus on anything.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately, no. I was finally back to scrapping a lot in January and February, then...well, we all know what happened then. In early March life was still normal but I wasn't scrapping much because I was spending so much time reading the news at night. These days I'm not going to work, but I spend the entire day on schooling my kids and more cooking and cleaning since everyone is home. I used to be done with everything and able to scrap by 9 pm, but these days that's when I'm trying to squeeze in a few hours for my work, catching up on email, and following the news. By the time I'm done, it's hard to focus on scrapping much. Next week is our county's spring break, so I won't have to help my kids with schoolwork or post anything for my students. I can't wait! Hoping to get a lot of scrapping done.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I thought I would have more time now we're on lockdown, but actually turns out that I don't really. Busy with work still, and kids. I'm scrapping about the same.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope but I wish I were! I keep wondering what is all this free time people are talking about?! My kids want to be fed 80 bajillion times a day, more messes to pick up (or more time spend standing over my kids so they do it themselves) and lots more time spent in front of the computers trying to balance between both kids and their distance learning requirements. I also have a 3rd child home almost constantly too.... my hubby. LOL... I really really miss the quiet of school days. (buuutttt we're all safe, healthy and still have toilet paper so I'm not really complaining too loudly!)
Old 04-01-2020, 04:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I made 7 layouts plus three pocket pages. I had a couple of days where I was in a groove, but mostly I just felt stressed and overwhelmed and SO TIRED when I sat down to scrap. I'm teaching 2 online middle school classes, and trying to keep up with that while making sure my 2nd grader gets her full day of work done is EXHAUSTING and is stealing my mojo.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:37 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Much less scrapping time!! Keeping my 3 kids on track with (primary/elementary) schooling has been tough, plus feeding them all and managing a 3yo throughout the day without an overreliance on screen. In normal school holiday periods I can generally get a bit of scrapping time in after breakfast, but I feel busier and more stressed than ever, to be honest!

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 04-01-2020, 05:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel like I have more time on my hands, but less brain to focus on it, lol. Since we already home school, I haven't had to adjust to a new routine. The stress and anxiety have been a challenge, though, so while I have been able to get some pages made, I am struggling some days to find my mojo and to want to scrap.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Have to work 5 days a week, as usual. So i dont have the time to scrap more.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Pretty much the opposite. I am working from home so during the day my PC is off and I'm on the work laptop. Once I shut down, I'm finding it harder to turn on my PC than when I went to work and came home.
Hoping April passport can jump start my mojo

Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Pretty much the opposite. I am working from home so during the day my PC is off and I'm on the work laptop. Once I shut down, I'm finding it harder to turn on my PC than when I went to work and came home.
Hoping April passport can jump start my mojo
My situation as well. I find myself not wanting to be back on the computer. I am looking forward to seeing the April passport to find some motivation.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It has been stress relief for me I think, I’d done a lot before all this hit too. Although my wrist is killing me! ��
Old 04-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I saw a meme recently about goals during the quarantine. For people without children at home there was a long list of things like take up a hobby, learn a language, plant a garden, read more books, etc. For parents the only goal was to use the bathroom alone. That's not really the stage of parenting that a lot of us are at, but I've been so busy with the schooling, extra cooking and cleaning, and trying to get in a few hours of work that a goal like "finish all the must-do things before my bedtime" pretty much sums up my quarantine goals!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2020, 09:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A new laptop! How fun!!

I'm considered an 'essential' employee (still working on location and not at home), so not much has changed as far as my scrapping time during the week - however; not having anywhere to go on the weekends has helped! I think I scrapped 6 pages last Saturday / Sunday.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A lot less...it's hard to focus or be creative. Trying to find that new normal for the kids, trying to figure out if my job is really worth it (currently balancing a 50/50 split of time in/out of office) or if I should try to stay home with the kids to make sure they have what they need to succeed, trying to plan 3 meals a day instead of 1, trying to stay away from the people and the germs.
Hubby is currently on night shift, so even though he is home in the mornings, the kids are fending for themselves, at 10,11,13 you'd think that was ok, but they need structure.
I have been finding other ways to try and be creative though. We've done some acrylic painting tutorials, taken my big girl camera out, made new recipes, tried new workouts.
Hoping to find some scrappy mojo, as the "new" wears off and we find a groove.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am scrapping more, but I don't have kids at home. I think for me it is stress relief. I am working from home, but it is limited to checking and responding to emails and occasionally grading something a student turns in. Our district decided to do enrichment instead of full on school, so not everyone is doing the assignments and they don't have to. I can't imagine trying to work from home and school children at the same time (even though that is my work - to school children - haha.) My heart goes out to you guys!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Nope, but I'm hopeful!
Thought I'd do a lot of scrapping over spring break, but I spent spring break preparing to teach from home & packing in case we evacuated.

Thought I'd do a lot of scrapping after spring break, because I scheduled it into our "school at home" routine. But, ended up spending that week packing for our evacuation "just in case" AND preparing our house for movers since we found out my husband would leave with us if we left, so .
Now we're living in a hotel & dealing with jet lag.
Maybe next week??
Old 04-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Nope, but I'm hopeful!
Thought I'd do a lot of scrapping over spring break, but I spent spring break preparing to teach from home & packing in case we evacuated.

Thought I'd do a lot of scrapping after spring break, because I scheduled it into our "school at home" routine. But, ended up spending that week packing for our evacuation "just in case" AND preparing our house for movers since we found out my husband would leave with us if we left, so .
Maybe next week??
Where are you at now? How long will you be there? I can't imagine doing a move at this time. My sympathies.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been able to focus, get things started in different rooms of the house but move on to something else. The other day I had LR and PS open, just stared at them.

To pull myself out my COVID funk I painted the bathroom the other day so I can tick that off the 'to do' list. Just need to get my accessories but that of course will have to wait.

Feeling really out of sorts the last few days as I awaited an announcement about school, it came yesterday. We are done until May 1st for now. Have been worrying myself sick now as I wait to see if I am laid off as I am not a teacher or if they will find a way to incorporate my role so I can remain working, obviously remotely. We have a virtual staff meeting at 2 pm today but I don't think there will be info about my position, just how they are going to roll out the online learning.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

65 LOs??? Wow!

I've actually been spending a lot less time scrapping, partly because teaching from home is taking up a huge amount of time and partly because I really just haven't had the motivation to do any scrapping. Starting to come out of my funk in this last week, as I've started to settle into more of a routine with school stuff.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

more but my hubby needs to buy me a new laptop because this one doesn't have a working USB so I can't get to my EHD stuff but since I just got back in to scrapping, I've just been making time to do it
Old 04-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm one of those that actually has a lot of free time... my only paid job is teaching a fitness class, which is currently shut down. My kids are older - 6th, 8th and 10th grade. They are all stellar students so they don't need my assistance. If they need help, they go to each other. I check in with them but that's about it. I'm very lucky!! Hubby is working from home but we have a finished area above the garage so I don't see him most of the day.

So, to answer the actual question - yes, I have been scrapping more. My first goal was to finish my 2018 album, and I did that. Now I'm working on A Week in the Life but keeping it very simple. I'm not one that wants to scrap everyday, though. I get tired of it. lol
Old 04-01-2020, 11:47 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I haven’t been scrapping since February and I’m missing it soooo much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2020, 12:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had more time, but this school work that is taking 9 hours of my day away from me that when we are all done, I'm finally able to get started on some of my daily chores started on top of working on dinner! Afterwards, I'm so mentally drained I can't think any more.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Nope, but I'm hopeful!

Maybe next week??
I have been thinking about you and wondering what you all are up to. Praying you all stay safe in this uncertain world!
Old 04-02-2020, 03:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm scrapping more. And for that, I'm grateful.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am scrapping a lot...allthough this week I haven't felt a lot like scrapping. Not feeling well (pms/hormonal) so I am sleeping a lot and watching shows when I am not sleeping. Just grateful it isn't like this every single month but this time it seems to be worse. I guess stresssing about covid-19 and my FIL in hospital isn't helping either.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Where are you at now? How long will you be there? I can't imagine doing a move at this time. My sympathies.
We're in a hotel (suite, thankfully!) about 10 min from my mom in NW IN. We don't know how long we'll be here... maybe til Jun/July when we move to our next base in Alaska! Or maybe til whenever my husband is told to report to work at his HQ in DC. ?? Just rolling with the punches
We've moved at least 6 times in the past 15 years & this one has definitely been the strangest
Old 04-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I have been thinking about you and wondering what you all are up to. Praying you all stay safe in this uncertain world!
Thank you so much! We're happy to be stateside, and we're happy to be together!! For a while, the authorized departure was just for family members, so glad it ended up extending to others & that my husband was one of those others!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been scrapping less. I don't feel like scrapping the good these days...
Old 04-02-2020, 10:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We're in a hotel (suite, thankfully!) about 10 min from my mom in NW IN. We don't know how long we'll be here... maybe til Jun/July when we move to our next base in Alaska! Or maybe til whenever my husband is told to report to work at his HQ in DC. ?? Just rolling with the punches
We've moved at least 6 times in the past 15 years & this one has definitely been the strangest
DC!? If you get there, after the virus of course, you'll have to get together with Cassie!!!!!

Alaska!! :O My former neighbors are currently pcsing to Alaska! While I'm happy for them, I'm nervous about them taking a 20-day RV Travel Vacation through the country to get to their next duty station! But Alaska. . . .northern lights!! So exciting. That's the fun thing about change of duty stations, new things to explore!

So glad you are stateside, safe and with (well kind of), near family!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Where in Alaska? I was stationed at Elemendorf for 3 years. Summer is the best time to PCS there, you'll get to ease into the winter.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I've been scrapping less. It's never quiet here now with everyone home...and I find I can't concentrate!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm glad to hear you're in the states & safe!
It definitely sounds like a quick move. I'm glad your husband is with you!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have kids at home, and have time to scrap...which I have been doing. But, I seem to be more distracted and get a lot less done.