Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Im so thrilled!

I resurrected my Craft Robo (the old one, with blue lid) from the dead!! Its been packed away for several years because I went to Mac and it wouldn't work anymore - and even before my Mac, I didn't use my cutter much at all as I didn't know anything digital and felt really limited because of my lack of knowledge on computer and digi stuff... so its like brand spankin new really!

Anywayyysss... I was kinda thinking of asking for a new cutter (the Cameo or the new smaller one), and DH said "are you sure your CR doesn't work with your mac?" ... so I researched tonight and found that it DOES now work with my mac AND with the Silhouette Design Studio software (which I like a lot!). Sooooo I dug it out and downloaded plugged it in and yup, it works just perfect like it was brand new and as if the software came with it!!

YAY!!! Im so happy my toy which never got used (probably 5 times!) can now come back to life!

Anyone else resurrect theirs from its dusty box???
Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ditched mine, it sat on my cabinet shelf for almost 2 years and eventually I chucked it out and sold my Cricut that was also unloved. Every now and then I regret it but not enough to make me buy another one
Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like Andrea, I got rid of my Cricut because I just didn't use it. I think I would use one of the newer cutters, but probably not it enough to justify buying one and having to find a place to store it.

I'm so glad that you got yours to work! Yay!!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I've never had a cutter and really haven't felt the need since I don't really do hybrid, but I am so excited for you that it works! Its like a whole new toy!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

that's why I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy a new one (the cameo) because I don't think I'll use it enough to make up for the cost of it. Would love the size of it though, cutting 12" x 10' would be great... but really how often would I need that. Im going to use my resurrected one to learn and if I find that I actually am using it a lot (I doubt it) then I'll buy the Cameo I suppose. But for little projects I think mine will be just fine.
I originally wanted it when I was doing paper cards/scrappin.... I had bright ideas back then, LOL!!

My mom has a cricut and loves it, but I don't like the idea of having to buy cartridges for it, which is how I ended up choosing the craft robo way back then (2005 I think it was! Whoa!!!) since it doesn't need those cartridges at all. Love that.

Andrea, Im surprised that you don't use a cutter, with all those gorgeous cards you make?!! So you do all your cutting by hand? Im impressed even more so now!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yup - I love my scissors I had a Robo when they were first invented and then bought the Cricut Expression when that came out too, but honestly I probably used them a handful of times and they just weren't me. What I do love and use all the time is my BigShot and the Spellbinders dies.

I have a friend who uses her Robo all the time though and loves the print and cut feature, we challenged each other last year sometime and I could resize, print and cut out the elements with my scissors much faster than she could resize, print and cut the same on her Robo

Glad you got it to work on your Mac though, yay for getting a new toy for free
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I occassionally use my Cricut to cut a box or a few letters for a project. My kids however, use it regularlly for school projects. So while it's not getting the design/crafty use I was hoping for it is getting use for something just as (probably more) important!