Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default I am so upset (my son's gravestone is all wrong)

I just got pictures sent to me by my husband's brother because the cemetery apparently placed his marker and granite bottom. It is supposed be jet black granite with large copper flecks throughout. We paid ALOT of money for the specialty granite over what the normal gray/black/white granite. Well there has been almost six months since it was ordered and I guess they cannot get the granite we ordered so they just used the regular old granite that every other marker there has.

To top it all off we were supposed to be notified as soon as it was placed and everyone else has seen it already and knew it was in but we were never told it was being placed.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's horrible You should definitely get a refund for the difference in stone if anything....or have them replace the granite when the proper one DOES come in.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I honestly do not know what upsets me more that they thought it was ok to just put some plain old granite that pretty much every other marker has when we ordered another one and not even talk to us about it or that they placed it and never even bothered to notify us that it was being placed. So pretty much every other person in my husband's family has seen it but neither me or my husband or our children even knew it was done. (his brother and his wife had a funeral service to attend in the same cemetery so they walked over there.)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry Jessica
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

First off--the top part looks gorgeous. That's just beautiful.

But about the granite--they better be ready! They deserve to be chewed out over this. Wow.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's pretty crappy of them. So sorry, Jessica.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

When he told me the granite was not black I was pretty upset but he said let me send you a picture. So he sent me the picture and I just started crying. I specifically told them I wanted to be told what day it was being placed so I could be there immediately after it was placed. And you would think they would call to let us know this issue has not been resolved and you know ASK if we want to wait for the granite we ordered or just place this one before just doing it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i'm so sorry jessica

Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's totally crappy... I'd be furious. On a side note, I do think the top part is beautiful
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry Jessica ((Hugs))
Old 04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I really love the bronze. Just really upset they thought it would be ok to just do it without letting us know anything.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry Jessica. That's so insensitive on the part of the cemetery.

The top stone is absolutely gorgeous though. What a beautiful design. Did you design it?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

No Heather the company that does the markers does the design. I would have liked to have designed it and asked if I could but was told no.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

and in case you are wondering in the upper left corner he is holding a mudpie. It is one of my favorite photos of him from when he was little. It is just so him and he had on his very favorite dinosaur shirt he wore it all the time. I really do like the bronze part. I just know the black with copper specks would display it so much more beautifully.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am jjust going to go to bed and try not to think about this tonight. I am defenitely calling in the morning to find out what the heck they were thinking.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jessica - I'm so sorry they did not fulfill your wishes. But I wanted to say the top is just magnificent! All those pictures are just amazing and what a tribute to Matthew - even though it's not exactly how you wanted it, you did a wonderful job with it. I hope they can switch the granite out or refund you the difference.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am defenitely happy with the bronze. I wanted to represent Matthew and what really mattered to him. He loved animals. The black lab next to him is "his dog". She was like his baby. He loved her very much. She passed away just a few weeks before my son and he had her nearly all his life (I think she was born when he was around 5ish). The other dog is our family dog Misty. He loved her as well. Everyday after getting off the bus he would come in put his backpack in his room and take her out to run all over the yard, play catch and try to hide so she could come look for him. The truck he is next to is the truck we are driving now which we had bought for him to drive when he got his license. He never got to drive it so we are planning on restoring it the way he talked about having it done slowly over time when he got it. We get a lot of compliments on the truck. The family photo was one of the most recent of all of us (I was actually not in that photo. My aunt photoshopped me in. Kinda makes my face seem a bit squished but it was really hard to find a photo of all five of us together in recent photos). The photo in the left is of him making mudpies when he was about 5 maybe. And the top middle photo is of him on the mother's day before last (so 2010). Aside from his graduation photo it is defenitely one of my favorites of him. Then the background photo symbolizes Matthew's love of nature, hunting, camping * fishing. In the middle there was actually a rainbow but it did not show up on the marker as well as we had hoped.

Last edited by jessica31876; 04-17-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Jessica - while the marker is not what you wanted (and you need to demand that it be made right!), it is still so beautiful! I cannot imagine losing my son - I have one a few months older than your Matthew. what a terrible thing for a Mom to have to go through.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry, Jessica. I really hope they are able to fix it to your liking. And, I really do love the design on the copper portion. So unique and such a beautiful way to remember your son's life.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to Damayanti Studio

I'm sorry Jessica for your disappointment. When you know what you want and what you are paid is difficult to accept anything Hugs!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I'm so sorry you're upset. It sounds like they are being terrible throughout this whole process. I wanted to tell you, though, that it is really beautiful
Old 04-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no Jessica...I'm so sorry-the bronze part does look fabulous though!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I'm so sorry Jessica. The bronze turned out beautiful!

I would definitely be contacting someone about why you weren't told it was being placed and why they didn't contact you about the granite. I'd always want a refund for the difference especially if you paid a different price for that granite.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Seriously... do they not realize how much something like this means to people?! I am so sorry.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry that it is wrong Jessica and they didn't even tell you it was a change before placing it. I know that this can be an incredibly touchy area for a family and you would think they would know this and discuss with you.

I agree with everyone else, the bronze is wonderful. I really get a sense of who he was by looking at it. What a wonderful message you have left for everyone who comes to visit his site.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aw, Jessica, I'm so sorry! I agree with the other ladies, though, the bronze did turn out wonderfully!! Did they think it'd be ok to make the switch since they are family and you might not say anything about it(I thought I remember you saying it was your Aunt you made the arrangements with? - I could be wrong) I still think you should get what you ordered though! For sure!! And it's definitely rude to not call you and tell you it's been placed - especially with how long you've been waiting! I certainly hope they weren't trying to just slip it by you until it was too late for you to do something about it - and I hope they will correct it and get you what you ordered ((hugs))
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

The top turned out very beautiful and is quite impressive. Quite a tribute to Matthew.

And I just can't believe they'd just go ahead and set the granite 1.)with the wrong granite, and 2.)without telling the family. That seems like something they'd do with EVERY family. I hope you can get to the bottom of all this soon.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

((HUGS)) I am so sorry they did the granite wrong and didn't let you know when it was placed. That is horrible. Good luck with your talks with them. I agree with the others........the bronze is gorgeous and really shows off your son. I love it!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry Jessica (((hugs)))
Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry, Jessica. I agree with everyone else - the bronze is amazing! I hope the company can give you and explanation about what they did and can make it right by you. *hugs*
Old 04-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I'm so sorry hon.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I hope they can correct the issue for you. I'm sure you have most likely been anxious for the piece to be done and placed and then to have it all go wrong is disheartening, for sure! I do agree that the top bronze piece is absolutely positively gorgeous, just so beautiful!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me. My husband had his surgery and it went well but they did not tell us that right away (took two hours to come talk to us for what was a 45 minute surgery!) So I was pretty worried at that point then I came home and had to call his brother and this happened. I was just kinda at my breaking point by then. I was tired. I was stressed. And this just pushed me over the edge. I emailed my aunt because she had surgery as well yesterday and told her how upsetting this was for me. She is handling it but I believe it is through another company not the company she works for which is doing the granite & bronze. However I have found that particular marker and granite online through another company for less then what I paid for it through her. They GUARANTEE everything to be done within 6-8 weeks of the order being approved by you so it is quite disappointing to have to wait nearly six months with this company and still not have what I ordered.

Last edited by jessica31876; 04-18-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry Jessica.

The bronze is just amazing. What a beautiful tribute.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I wonder if you can demand a refund sine they screwed it up and then just order it through the other company? So sorry this happened to you and that no one even bothered to ask you about it or tell you it was being put in. That is just RUDE!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry, Jessica, and I don't blame you for being upset. I wish I were close enough to come and give you a hug. You've been through so much here lately.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

it totally shocks me that the company, being in the field of work they are in, wouldn't have handled this better. I mean wouldn't anyone feel the same way as you, but especially people ordering grave stones?! shame on that company!!

it is beautiful, Jessica! I hope you get it all worked out so it is even more beautiful! lots of hugs!!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry, Jessica. That is just bad business.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry that it wasn't done correctly. The bronze photo part is gorgeous. But I agree with everyone else--you'd think that a company in this line of work would be a little more sensitive to the feelings of the families. I hope they make it right for you quickly!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm so, so sorry jessica ((((hugs)))) ... i can totally understand why you would be upset

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

That is so unfair. You would think companies dealing in this type of business would be more sensitive. I think it is bad business to just do what they did. I'm so sorry they did that. I would be calling and demanding an explaination. ((hugs))
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Banned

profile gallery

So very sorry, Jessica. I can't even imagine. I hope you're able to get your money back and then get what you really want. Sending you prayers.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My goodness Jessica, you have had another rough week and you certainly have every right to be upset. I'm wondering if it is time to go to someone over your aunt and voice your complaints. It seems to me that you have been patient long enough. The bronze is such a beautiful representation of your son and the love you have for him, it brought tears to my eyes, especially after I read your description of each section and what it meant. I hope your husband is doing better and I hope that you get some rest and time to get your feet under you. Hugs to you.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm so sorry they messed it up. i would be upset too! but the top part is absolutely gorgeous! ♥♥
Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry Jessica.