Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Talk to me about the Silhouette Cameo ...

I'm getting ready to invest into a cutting machine and would like to know who around here has experience with it, cutting their digital files? I'm thinking of getting the Silhouette Cameo, and I'm wondering: is it really that simple to have my digital scrapbooking elements (from Sweetshoppe) cut by the machine? Will it cut all types of embellies, even very light ones (e.g. white or light grey flowers, etc. that have little contrast to the background paper)? Will it cut all fonts on my computer, or does it only use certain fonts (like restricted to whatever comes with the software - seems like a stupid question, but I really want to make sure I'm getting the right machine for my cutting needs ...)?

Anyway, any thoughts on your experiences with Silhouettes (esp. Cameo) would be appreciated, and yes, I've seen Heather's and Mari's blog posts, of course!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the portrait and love it. It's pretty simple to cute almost anything out with it. You can use ANY font at all with it. It's super easy to use I find.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

yes, it really does cut any font you have installed on your computer... tho, the thinner more intricate ones might tear, but you can bold it and it will work nicely

yes, you can cut out any embellishments from the digital kits using the print and cut feature and as long as it's not pure white
Old 02-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have a Silhouette Cameo and simply love it!!!!!!!!!!! I know I have only just scratched the surface of what it can do but am so love it..... Love the trace and cut function that allows you to print and cut about any image!!!