Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How long does it take you...

to assemble hybrid album?

After you have your pages printed and cut out, how long does the glueing, trimming, sanding part take you? Of course some albums have more pages than others, but just a guesstimate.

I'm feeling like it takes me FOREVER! LOL! But that could be the perfectionist in me!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It definitely is a time consuming part. I did a puzzle album once (can be seen here: http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfo...3&user_id=3566) that took me about 2 full weeks, but it was a LOT of work.

Other ones have been a lot less time consuming...I'd say 1 hour if I concentrated (though I never do, so it takes more like 2-3 hours, lol).
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

i'm the kind that doesn't like to linger too long on a project.. But right now i have an album waiting to be finished and it's been 2 weeks. Usually it takes me a whole day to design it on my software then another day to assemble it. I plan everything in advanced on my software, like where to put the real flowers/ribbons, and have a free space for it on my designs so when i assemble it, it wouldn't take too much time.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:28 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

On my recent heart album it took me about
printing- 10 minutes
cut out- 2 minutes (I don't get too precise because I'm going to sand off the extra white)
glueing- 20 minutes
trimming-sanding- 30 minutes (maybe less)
inking- 10 minutes
adding embellishment- 2 minutes

Now what took me a while was deciding which cute pics to put on the pages! LOL... that was about an hour!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

Oh Julie - I wish I could be as fast as you!

I didn't time my beach board book, but it took me 4 days to finish the book. I spent a good part of Day 1 (weekend) scanning the book to have a template, planning the colors, picking out the photos and starting the scrapping process (I didn't have a template for this). Day 2 (a work day), I printed pages, glued, sanded, inked and sealed the front side. Day 3 (another work day), I glued, sanded, inked, sealed the back side. Day 4 (work day) I assembled, added some real embellies and photographed. Whew!

I've got my arrow book (yes, the one I complained about a few weeks ago LOL!) almost completed. I have to redo one page because it got messed up (it ended up in a wet spot and...welll...you know...), but it's about done.

I'm beginning the planning stages for a bird book...this time I'm going to time myself to see how long it takes.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

totally depends on the shape & number of pages. My accordian & banner were both a breeze ... done in 2 hours TOPS. My Luggage tag too longer. I took breaks because my hand got sore cutting LOL. That one took a weekend.