Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default Need help with Board book Please..

Hello
I got my chipboard book in the mail and am ready to cut out my layouts and get started. I am very excited but realized that I dont know how to make the hole for the key ring hole on the layouts. Do I need a special tool or technique or do I just cut a whole that size in the layout? Is there a tutorial on the actual making of the project anywhere on the net?

Thank you in advance!
Angela
Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Did you buy a Sweet Keepsakes project from here? I think we are all packing them with the tutorial. But basically, after I adhered the layout to one side of the chipboard, then I took a hole punch and cut the hole. My holepunch didn't work well, but if you have a cropodile then you'll be set. The holepunch might work well for you but my holepunch wasn't sharp and just created ragged edges. I cleaned those up with a round file that I had. Hope that helps!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Hi Julie,
Yes I bought it from here. It did not come with instructions. I bought my premade templates from here too and am ready to print and glue but I noticed that one set back and am stalled. I thought about using a hole punch but the front and back covers have a larger metal piece that is nice and the layout would cover it. Thanks for replying!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

it should be a jpg in your album file...

I'll PM you one if you don't see it

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-12-2008, 11:18 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I just asked the other designers if someone knows since I haven't done anything with the chipboard that has a metal piece on it. Hopefully they will see it today and pop into this thread.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I just checked my keyplate album and it lifts up a bit so you can probably just trim around it very carefully. Once you put the ring and ribbons and stuff on nobody is going to see it anyways. I think chipboard is pretty forgiving

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

You both have been a great help! Thank you so much! I bet the instructions are with the kit, Lol. I didnt even think about that! (duh!). This really is my first time doing anything this creative and I am really excited so I have a lot to learn. Thank you for the help! ) I love this store and cant wait to do more.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Hi there!

Can you tell me which digital album you bought? I want to make sure it has instructions in the zip. I can send you the instructions now if you need them.

If you bought the bracket, luggage tag or keyplate chipboard, Basic Grey does have a grommet attached the jump ring hole. I have looked on several hybrid scrapping boards and there are several methods of cutting around this method. None of them are "perfect" and will require a little sanding and maybe some inking. This is what I do:

I have a Making Memories tool set and in it there is a large "poker". First I print out my page and cut it out with a craft knife. Then, I put adhesive on the page that I just printed. I attach it to the chipboard and then I take the "poker" and poke holes around the jump ring. Then I take my craft knife and lightly drag it around the circle and the piece of paper comes right off. I think a needle would work just as well as the poker, so don't go out and buy it just for that.

After the paper is remove, I use my little sanding block and ink pad to cover any jaggy edges.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if you need those instructions!

Susan
Old 04-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Great tips Susan, thanks.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

i used my tool set too(from Making Memories). . . .their are three sizes of holes you can punch and the middle size worked perfect for my chipboard album.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to HeatherStokes Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherStokes

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
PERFECT - I am so glad you asked this...I was just coming here with the very same question....GREAT tips ladies...would you beleive I used the point of the scissors...blech, not so nie...lol
I will need to get some "tools".....and tips on the sanding and inking as I am TOTALLY new to paper, or hybrid? I am strictly digi so far, but I just may be a convert now I am having so much fun with it.

My Blog * My Flickr * My Kaboodle
Nikon D40

Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another great tool besides the crop-o-dile is a Japanese Screw Punch. They have different size heads you can change out depending on the size whole you want. Just remember they are sharp and you will need a cutting mat under them!