Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life 2015 - Thoughts?

I know it's early but I've been thinking about my 2015 Project Life.

2015 will be my 3rd year. Just recently, I've started to feel like I'm running out of content or repeating things from the other years. I've considering not doing PL in 2015 for fear of too many repeats but that breaks my heart because I'm in love with the format. I can't imagine not documenting things the kids said, etc.

So, my point, what do you think the trends will be in 2015? I've never used any of the templates that incorporate squares. I'm trying to decide if I should use squares next year? I've always used a solid kraft background. I'm thinking of changing that up and using either a white background or going crazy with a pattern. I know it's all personal preference but what are your thoughts everybody?

Squares?
White background?
Trends?
How to keep if fresh after multiple years?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the templates with squares! Big ones for photos, medium for photos or journaling and little ones to house cute flairs and flowers.

Mine have nothing that repeats except a font. I use all kinds of templates, all different kits, maybe that's how I keep it from getting repetitious too easily??

When I got overwhelmed, I switched to monthly one year, only using inserts for busy months. Turned out I missed the weekly after a year and switched back.

I say if you love the format, make yourself happy, try new things, switch it up. The PL police won't come check your albums...
Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I agree... it's all about trying stuff out. Some of it gets dismissed eventually because it doesn't feel right after all, but some of it sticks.
I switched from weekly to daily in February, because I found that I leave too many things out- I stop it from being repetitive by including a lot of diary-like stuff. The PL is MY journal, and while some things may repeat itself during the year, how I feel about them constantly changes. I use an A4 template with 12 pockets, and I design every pocket separately... like a mini-layout. That way, every finished page looks totally unique, and I never know how the finished layout will look before everything is put together.
I switch the background every day, mostly using a different wood paper for every layout.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to be switching to white background next year! That will probably be my only big change. lol.

I do recommend switching up the templates weekly. That has made such a big difference for me this year. I rarely use design A anymore. It's fun!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for your thoughts ladies! I appreciate your comments!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going into year four, and like you, I can't imagine not doing it but at the same time I am running out of steam. I'm actually finally making the switch from paper to digital for 2015, and hoping that takes some of the stress out of it as well. I'm curious to see what ends up being super popular next year and enjoying the idea of being able to use any layout I want rather than always design A.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

2015 will be year 3 for me, too. I don't think it matters if things are repeated; how often are people going to read the albums back to back and notice? Plus, many of the things I've repeated will change eventually; this is a reminder that they haven't changed yet. As for templates, I love the squares! I use those more than A or the more standard PL templates. I change my background every week to match the kit or cards I'm using.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
. PI don't think it matters if things are repeated; how often are people going to read the albums back to back and notice?
That is wonderful point that I hadn't thought of!