Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Now my baby girl needs some healing prayers

OMG! When is it going to end. I had the crazy stuff with my aunt a few weeks ago (the ER trip with the blood clots and now being in charge of her while she is in the extended care), dealing with her sister who's house was broken into and then she also side swiped a car in the parking lot, then my news with needing the biopsy and stuff...well guess what happened yesterday.

I took my kids to their dance rehearsal (they have a recital next week) and a teacher came down to the waiting room to take ALL of the kids (not just my kids class) upstairs to start rehearsal (lots of kids - younger and older). Well, minutes later someone came down and called my name and I thought "ut oh, did one of my kids get in trouble?" So they start walking me down the hall saying some words not indicating exactly what was going on then we get near the bathroom door and I see a bit of a crowd and then the lady that got me said Aubrey fell and hit her head on the floor. I asked how bad it was and then walked into the bathroom and just saw one teacher with lots of blood all over her shirt. My stomach sank. Then I got to my little girl and they had a towel held onto her forehead. They took it off to show me and I had to turn my head cause I couldn't hold the tears in. It looked awful.

So on the way to the ER I was thinking, there is NO WAY that could have been from a fall on the floor. Well, after we got to the ER and they did testing on her (for concussion and all, which she did good on, Thank God) she told us that a bigger boy pushed/bumped into her and her head got cut on the water fountain. The cut is about an 1 1/2 inches long in a straight line but very very deep. So they said that because it is on her face they wanted to use Dermabond instead of regular stitches so that there is less scaring. But since it was so deep they had to put a good 5 layers of it on. and a thick layer on top to seal it. They also said to buy Mederma for afterwards because there will still be some scarring. They gave me all kinds of instructions and then got to go home.

She is doing okay. She has pain now and then, reminds me how scared she was and how all she wanted was me and at times she comes crying, "I wish that boy had never bumped into me". I asked her more about it cause I have to fill out an incident report at the school. And one of the things she mentioned was "the boy said he was sorry". So she's not allowed to do much running around the next couple days (which means no rehearsal tomorrow) and she is so upset about that thinking she won't be able to get on stage next week although I told her not to worry that she will still get to dance.

Anyways a couple of the mothers called me asking if she was okay and told me they complained that only one teacher came down and took that many kids at once and that they should take the little ones up first and get them settled first, then get the others. I'll be complaining of the same thing when I go back to fill out that report.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The poor sweetheart!! I hope everything heals up well, and that things get a little less stressful for you soon!!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ahh poor Aubry, She will be up and back t herself before ya know it! Hugs hugs to Mommmy, that can be so scary
Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

Aww, poor sweetie! I hope she's healing smoothly and quickly! ((hugs)) to both of you!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh my goodness!! your poor baby girl!!!! i pray it heals up quickly and with minimal scarring. what are you gonna say/do to that boy who pushed her. contact the family...what a little shit.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

awwww, poor little sweetie!! I hope she heals up quickly and gets to dance on stage!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow! That is awful! I do hope and pray that she's ok.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hope it heals up quickly and stops hurting and she can dance at her recital. Did it sound like it was an accident or that the boy did it on purpose? My son has always been so much bigger then other kids and really clumsy and has more then once while playing on a playground ran into a smaller kid and knocked them over because of the size difference. (He is taller then me at only 11 years old and I am 5 ft 5) I really hope it was just an accident because that would be awful if he purposely pushed her down

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ya know, it's hard to say if it was deliberate or an accident. Aubrey said that the boy said he was sorry so maybe it was an accident. They have cameras up on the 2nd floor so they might be able to check out what happened. She won't be going tomorrow and the next rehearsal is Wednesday so I will talk to them more that day.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Oh My how scary for you both! Head wounds always bleed so much too. I hope she heals up quick and with zero scaring. Poor things...*HUGS*
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh poor pumpkin! I hope she heals soon!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

The poor sweetie!! Emma had a big gash on her forehead last summer. They used dermabond and we used the generic scar stuff and unless you look really closely...you can't even see it! I hope your babe doesn't scar too bad either!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
generic scar stuff
I didn't know they had any other stuff out there. I take it the Mederma is expensive?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

poor little sweety, hope everything heals up well

Proud to be creating for:

Old 05-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, poor thing. I hope it all heals well and that she isn't in too much pain. Also, that she isn't too totally bummed to miss out on the activities.

Accident or not, if I were the mom of the boy, I would have called to make sure she was ok. I hope that she does. And, makes her son personally tell your little one he is sorry.

And, big hugs to you. How scary.