Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default #2 in our mushy i love my husband/so series

So a few weeks ago I posted about our first kiss with our loves and so now I have another topic for us to talk about

This one will probably require some more thinking and us searching our brains

Tell us about the BEST date you went on
Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow. This one is tough. We don't really date. We moved in together before we started dating really and we always did things but more with a group of friends instead of just us. Now we have a date night maybe once every 2 years. I could tell you all sorts of BESTS but probably not a 'date'. Then again, maybe I think of a date differently than others. I'm thinking the two of us, going out with the intention of going on a date, alone.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Best date with the hubby or best date ever, cause they are not the same. lol
Old 05-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
Best date with the hubby or best date ever, cause they are not the same. lol
haha! whichever you prefer
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My husband was not a romantic person so our dates do not stick out in my mind as being super special. We did like to go dancing a lot, but that was more fun than special.

My best date ever was with my first fiance. We'd been dating maybe two weeks when valentine's day rolled around. I wasn't thinking much about it, way too early in the relationship for me, but he must have been because he planned a wonderful night. First off, he came bearing a dozen yellow roses, because I had said I liked them better than red when we were getting to know each other and took me to a fancy resturant that had the best food. After dinner we went to a symphony, which I thought I would hate, but was really lovely, and then we went back to his place where he had dessert and drinks waiting. He did all the serving, etc and just made me feel pampered. It was there sitting in front of the fire that we kissed for the first time, which was a big relief cause I was wondering what was taking him so dang long to plant one on me. I still smile when I think of it, even if he did turn out to be a cheating bum! lol
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Did a layout about it:

Bonus points if you recognize the kits I used
Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Lovely page. I think the kit is KCB's Lil Sailor.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

yep...might have some of the addon too but Im not sure on that.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

My hubby's not much of a plan-aheadomantic type guy, so this one really stands out in my mind.

He used to work at a "cowboy" YMCA. It's a YMCA that's rural and they do campouts, horse trails, hay rides, and it's on a huge lake. Anyway, one night, he took me out to the lake, where he had written really big in the sand, "I love you." Then he had a blanket and a nice picnic dinner and we sat on the highest bank and overlooked the moon on the lake. It was such a great night. Of course, he did this because he was in the doghouse BIG TIME, but maybe someday I'll forget that part.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's a great kit.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ive used it probably four or five times at least. I love it.

Another romantic/perfect date was my husband taking me to Disney the year I turned 25 I think? I keep thinking it was 2001 we went. It was just me and him and I had not been in years. He got me to ride a roller coaster for the first time and then kinda unleashed a monster because now I love them LOL. We saw the jamboree Bears and went up in that tree thing...swiss family robinson I think? Did Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion. I got pictures with some of my favorite characters. I wanted pooh and eeyore but did not get to see them. So that would be the second favorite and I dont have pictures of any of it now (lost to an old computer when it crashed)

I only have photos now dating back to 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
It's a great kit.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband is a romantic guy but our dates are usually pretty predictable. I'm not sure our best date ever really counts as a date because it was the trip where he proposed.

We drove all the way to Lake Tahoe from Oklahoma. We stopped in Vegas for a couple days for New Years and then headed to Tahoe where his aunt lives. In Tahoe, he took me to the top of the Heavenly ski resort and dropped on one knee and proposed right there. He'd already asked my dad's permission a couple of weeks earlier. We had looked at rings and I knew it was coming, but I had no idea why. He picked out my engagement ring and it was (still is) absolutely perfect. Of course, I said yes. It was a very memorable day.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, not a date but my 27th birthday --- Hubby woke me up and took me out to breakfast. After breakfast he dropped me off for a massage that he had arranged. He left while I was having my massage but I didn't think anything about it. After the massage he took me over to my grandma's house where my grandma and brothers were waiting with cake and ice cream that DH had picked up and taken over there. He had a little gift for me and I thought it was pretty sweet... but it didn't end there. He told me were were going out of town. He took me shopping out of town, he took me to dinner, bought me some pretty stuff (can't remember exactly what) and then we hung out at the bar of a different restaurant chatting for a while. When we got home I found a vase of roses and a 12x12 leather strap album which was BIG on my wish list at the time (funny, now I don't like the strap album style much but I liked it then). It was an awesomely perfect day. That was also the same night our first child was conceived.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't choose between two with my hubby so I will tell you both.......

The first one was in the dating stage where we were still getting to know each other. He took me to the zoo for the day. It was an awesome day with perfect weather. We ate and looked at animals and walked hand in hand the whole time. It really gave us a lot of time to just chat and get to know each other better. I loved it. It was followed by dinner out at a hole in the wall mexican place (very good). Honestly.......that date alone answered so many questions I had and gave me the information I needed to be fully committed to him. It was just a few weeks later he proposed!

The second date.......it was after we had been married 8 years. He knew one of my favorite places to eat was Cheesecake factory. At the time, there was not one in Oklahoma. So he planned a day trip to Frisco, TX. Totally surprised me. Woke me up and told me to get ready for a day with just him. He drove me 3 hours south without telling me where I was going. He had a small DVD player for me to watch Friends DVDs on the trip (he knows me so well!). We got there in time for lunch and ate at the Cheesecake factory. Then he took me shopping....he bought me some clothes, a purse and new perfume. Then we went BACK to cheesecake factory for dinner! (yes, at the time I was THAT addicted to the place!) Then we started headed home......there was still one more surprise that was in store.......he stopped at the Zales Outlet in Gainesville and bought me diamond earrings that I had been begging for. I honestly have worn them every day since. I never take them out. (it has been almost 6 years ago!) We drove home with me being spoiled rotten and feeling so special. Best day trip/date ever!

Now full disclosure.......my hubby normally doesn't do this. It was easy for me remember dates because they don't happen often around here! LOL
Old 05-19-2012, 08:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just asked my hubby this question and his answer... "I don't know - all our dates were, 'so you want to get dinner and go see a movie?" haha...

But I think it would have to be the night we got engaged... he really managed to pull if off without me realizing what was going on.

My mom just was told she had breast cancer and was going to have surgery to remove the lump... the weekend before surgery, Davie told me that he had a multi-level networking meeting in Milwaukee and asked if I would go along. I didn't want to go, but he "pleaded" with me to go... so on Friday night, nothing out of the ordinary, we drove down to Milwaukee after work and we get to a hotel downtown, he parks and turns to me and says, "ok, I lied - there is no meeting. I thought with all going on with your mom, you would like to have a relaxing weekend." I was shocked... he never did anything like that before... he booked us into a 4 star hotel, downtown, and we had 8:00 reservations at the 5 star restaurant. We were so out of our comfort zone... you know how you go the a restaurant and don't know what 95% of the food is on the very limited menu? I remember Davie was really nervous and also patting his heart.

We finally end dinner and walk around the hotel for a bit... go back to the room, where he got on one knee, pulled out the ring and managed to get out a "You want to..." before he broke down crying... (he would kill me knowing I just told the world that... ). Then we called his brother who lived in Milwaukee and they came over with a pizza... thank goodness, I was starving... haha