Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default NSBR: Jamberry - anyone tried it?

I just saw the Jamberry book for nail designs. I guess that they are stickers you put over your nails instead of painting them or getting mani/pedi. Has anybody ever tried them?
Old 10-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know tons of people who are super into them. I went to a party for them and they applied a sample. A corner peeled up the next day and I just pulled it off, so I wasn't all that impressed and certainly didn't want to spend $15 to buy a set to try again. I'm not all that into doing my nails though.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a friend who swears by them. Says they last 14 days with the right application and her nails are gorgeous! I think learning how to properly apply them is important. I bought one sheet I'm going to try. (One sheet of $15 is supposed to do 2 manicures and 1 pedicure....) I'm still waiting for my order though...so I'll have to give you a report later!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any nails as I bite mine all down so I never paint mine but other people who I know and have pretty nails use them and they really like them. I know they come in all sorts of cool designs that would be really difficult to do with traditional nail polish. I think they would give you lots of opportunities for different looks.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i've just barely ordered some, but haven't tried them yet. i'll let ya know how it goes!!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i love them! i'm a nail biter too so they last me about 7 days...10 if i'm reeeeally good. i have a few friends who can get them to last 2+ weeks. my first pedicure lasted 4 weeks until i peeled them off (which you're not supposed to do).

right application is key though!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for your input ladies! Great to hear your thoughts!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I'm a big fan too - however I was disappointed the first time I applied them. You need to do a few tries to get the swing of it. Now I can do a full set on my hands in about 30 mins. I'm addicted! They last me 10-12 days, I usually change them out because my nails grow fast, not because they are peeling off.

I post lots of my nails on Instagram if you want to see them, my username over there is similar, it's meejay33.

Find a good application video when yours come in! I prefer the 'baggie method' - that is what has worked best for me. I also broke down and got the heater - made it so much easier!

Have fun with them!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meejay View Post
I'm a big fan too - however I was disappointed the first time I applied them. You need to do a few tries to get the swing of it. Now I can do a full set on my hands in about 30 mins. I'm addicted! They last me 10-12 days, I usually change them out because my nails grow fast, not because they are peeling off.

I post lots of my nails on Instagram if you want to see them, my username over there is similar, it's meejay33.

Find a good application video when yours come in! I prefer the 'baggie method' - that is what has worked best for me. I also broke down and got the heater - made it so much easier!

Have fun with them!
Have you tried the 'rice bag' method? (Or maybe that's what you meant by the baggie method). I was looking at that one tonight.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Have you tried the 'rice bag' method? (Or maybe that's what you meant by the baggie method). I was looking at that one tonight.
Yep! And that is much better than trying to use a hair dryer. I also use a plastic "baggie" and hold it over the nails and pull down while applying the heat and it helps smooth out the wrinkles and gets a good seal on the tips.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meejay View Post
Yep! And that is much better than trying to use a hair dryer. I also use a plastic "baggie" and hold it over the nails and pull down while applying the heat and it helps smooth out the wrinkles and gets a good seal on the tips.
Awesome tip! I'm waiting for my first order! Hoping to find some me time this week, so I can figure it out!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's the 'baggie' video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAPUuyEF6s. This one looks doable!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Here's the 'baggie' video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAPUuyEF6s. This one looks doable!
That's the one!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been stalking my mailbox....no Jamberry yet!
Old 11-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So, I just got a sample to try this week thanks to Melissa Mosloski. (she sent me enough for a full mani & pedi! How sweet was that!?)

I like the look a lot, but I DEFINITELY need more practice with the application. I don't feel like I got a good seal, and I've got some bubbles at the tips. I'm afraid mine aren't going to even last a week.

Kristi, thanks for posting the video of the baggie method. I think I'd like to get some more and try it again with that method!

Jaime, your posts give me hope! LOL I'm glad to know it was awkward for you at first, too. I like the designs enough that I don't want to give up just yet (plus, hubby gave me the go-ahead to order what I want... awesome right??). Thinking I need that mini heater cause the blow dryer was uber awkward.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences!
Old 11-29-2014, 04:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Jamberry so much that I'm signing up next month to be a consultant. Practice makes perfect with application. I promise! I was the same way and my nails look a lot better than they did at the beginning.

I'd also heard some of the bubbles can come from filing/trimming before the wraps cool down? The mini heater and baggie method help me though. The mini heater was waaaay better than the blow dryer in regards to awkwardness lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oooh! Good tip about waiting til they are completely cooled. I didn't do that, so I'm sure that's what caused the bubbles. I also saw a good tip on Pinterest for how to cut down the wraps that are too big for your finger. I think that'll help me, too. Some of them were definitely too big, and I know that caused some issues.

So, all in all, it wasn't bad for a first experience, but I'm looking forward to trying again!
Old 11-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Get the heater! It's a game changer for sure.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ok so I have to update my Jamberry experience.

I tried again yesterday using the cool application & baggie method. AND I used their mini heater as opposed to my blow dryer.

SO SO SO much easier.

They aren't completely perfect (I've got a tiny bubble on my thumbnail, and I got a little too close to my cuticle on another finger). Overall though, they look about a thousand times better than my first attempt.

I very well may become an addict. I've got several sheets to choose from (I took advantage of their buy 3, get 1 special over Black Friday when they also sent out an exclusive design... so 5 sheets total), but I already want MORE. LOL
Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I very well may become an addict. I've got several sheets to choose from (I took advantage of their buy 3, get 1 special over Black Friday when they also sent out an exclusive design... so 5 sheets total), but I already want MORE. LOL
that's GREAT news!!

i'm a total addict too! in fact, i just had an order come in today lol! i picked up the top coat to see if it'd help when they start lifting on the sides. i tried one nail and so far, so good.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh LMK how that goes, Britanee! I've got one nail this time that I applied just a LITTLE too close to the edge, so it's lifting just the slightest little bit. The others are mostly good though, so I figure if that comes off, I'll just do an accent nail. LOL

I already want to try again to see if I can do them better next time. LOL But I'm cheap enough that I'll be leaving these on for at least 10 days before I do another design!

What I REALLY want to do is design a set with some of my papers! How cool would that be to get to wear my papers on my nails!?!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Oh LMK how that goes, Britanee! I've got one nail this time that I applied just a LITTLE too close to the edge, so it's lifting just the slightest little bit. The others are mostly good though, so I figure if that comes off, I'll just do an accent nail. LOL

I already want to try again to see if I can do them better next time. LOL But I'm cheap enough that I'll be leaving these on for at least 10 days before I do another design!

What I REALLY want to do is design a set with some of my papers! How cool would that be to get to wear my papers on my nails!?!
oh yeah - some of your 'artsy' papers!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I ordered some last month, but I cannot wear them at work so I am waiting for my Christmas break to try them out. I got some for my nieces for Christmas, too.