Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-10-2023, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Five

It's been awhile since I did the question prompts. I was MIA for a bit while I dealt with our family loss, moved and my whole life changed. I took an early retirement and now am a happy homebody. So that's what has been happening with me...

So, if you all don't mind, want to do the weekly questions again??? I find it really helps us to get to know each other and I see so many new faces here since last year. Here goes...

1. Fave tv show or movie lately?
  2. Have any tips to save money at the grocery store?
  3. What's a good thing that happened this week?
  4. What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now?
  5. What is your favorite loungewear?

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-10-2023 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fave tv show or movie lately?
The Last of Us (I'm crushing on Pedro Pascal)

Have any tips to save money at the grocery store?
I buy meat on sale, divide it up into 2 servings (for me and hubs) and freeze it. That way there is no waste, especially with chicken b/c it seems like there is always a 3 or 5 pack which is too little or too much for us in one sitting. I also buy store brands a lot more now b/c I found out that many are brand names but the store puts their label on it. That surprised me. Kirkland coffee at Costco is actually Starbucks.

What's a good thing that happened this week?
I found a purse online that was cheap, lightweight and just perfect for the summer. It's also big enough to put the camera in.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now?
It's our first winter here in Kamloops, BC interior. It is colder but much drier than we are used to and we get snow a lot more often out here. This week it is averaging about 20-25 at night and getting up to mid 40's by mid day. Our backyard is still frozen ice but the front that gets more sun is bare ground now. Not spring-like yet but lots of blue sky and not much wind.

What is your favorite loungwear?
Mine is stretchy jeans and a sweater or sweats and sweatshirt. I'm all about the comfort.

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-10-2023 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2023, 12:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sorry about the loss but glad you get to be a homebody now.

Fave tv show or movie lately? Been mostly binging old shows

Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? Don't eat?! rofl kidding

What's a good thing that happened this week? The weekend!

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? Just got dumped with 6 inches of snow. Cold and more snow expected through the weekend.

What is your favorite loungewear? Jogging pants or comfy men's sport shorts with t-shirts

Old 03-11-2023, 12:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love your new siggy Rae!!!!

Old 03-11-2023, 01:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thx Kiana, I had fun creating my new siggy. I don't think we'll get another dump of that much snow now. We're finally down to just 1/2-1" at a time these last few weeks. I loved the snow this winter but am definitely ready for spring.
Old 03-11-2023, 02:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Glad to see you & have you asking questions again!

Jeopardy, always, haha. I just finished Ginny & Georgia and I'm excited that Survivor is back on (even though I am already behind)

Meal plan, I put my kids to work prepping veggies with me the day after grocery day (so they're all ready when I go to make dinner & I don't have a reason to avoid making the meal), and I portion out and freeze extras (chopped onion, Tbsps of tomato paste, broths or sauces)

We had a delayed flight coming back from vacation, but we (barely) made it to our gate & I got home in time for my bunco night!

It was super windy today, but for the past few days, it's been warming up (in the 30s) & the roads are clear. Our snow pile along our driveway is still about 5 feet high though.

What is your favorite loungewear?
Sweatpants, t-shirt & a zip-up fleece.
Old 03-11-2023, 09:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the questions!! Thanks for starting it back up again!

Hmm... I've been binging a lot of YouTube lately - Getting into the Bright Side's Bankrupt and Abandoned videos.

Menu plan is what I've been doing - and a lot of pantry challenges - challenging myself to use the stuff in my pantry. I grew up in the country so I always have a stock pile even though now I see the grocery store from my house. haha

My son did great on his national latin exam... the stinker - I was on his case to study for it for weeks, but he didn't. So I was thinking this would be a good time for natural consequences to learn from - he gets only 3 wrong... that is like "gold status." The average student gets 10 wrong.

Snow... snow... and more snow. I'm over it.

I wear yoga pants and a tshirt most days... I don't have real loungewear. haha
Old 03-11-2023, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Fave tv show or movie lately? Currently catching up on all the Chicago shows (PD, Fire, Med)

Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? Really trying to meal plan around what's on sale, stocking up and freezing meat when it's on sale, and using what I have so we don't waste food.

What's a good thing that happened this week? My youngest son got a car - no more sharing!

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? We got dumped on with a lot of snow about a week ago, but we've had temps in the 40's all week, so it's been steadily melting. Another storm coming Monday night into Tuesday though.... *sigh*

What is your favorite loungewear? Flannel pants and a long sleeved shirt or sweatshirt

Old 03-11-2023, 02:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just finished up streaming the last have of the newest season of "You"- it was interesting that's for sure! lol I'm also watching Daisy Jones & the Six on Prime- I LOVED that book- and so far the series is living up to the hype- but like everything- I think the book was better so far!

Hmm, I have a large family to feed (when we have the hockey boys here most of the year- August thru usually middle of April- so buying in bulk for most things is the most cost effective for us. I try to also buy ahead- as in when things that we use are on sale, that's when I buy, not just when we need them. I'm also a coupon clipper & use rewards for $ off my total purchases too.

My daughter is a freshman (grade 9) in highschool and she's one of 2 that made the varsity fastpitch softball team. She's pretty excited about that!

I'm in Eastern Washington state- we always have like a 2nd winter in feb/march. It snowed ALL day yesterday, but right now it's sunny with a few clouds and 35° with a high temperature forecasted right around 40°. The rest of the week looks snow/rain with highs in the upper 40's. Hopefully spring starts soon & our snow all melts! I'm ready for green & flowers!

I'm all about joggers or leggings & a sweatshirt. In the summer when it's warmer- it's usually athletic shorts or cropped leggings & a t shirt. I'm all about comfort at home too!
Old 03-11-2023, 03:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Fave tv show or movie lately? Never Have I Ever
Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? Goodness, I need these tips! It's been such a shock to our budget lately. The best I have done is occasionally shop at Aldi for some cheaper stuff.
What's a good thing that happened this week? I got to have a girls weekend in San Diego last weekend. It was awesome. We walked on the beach in Coronado, went to Joshua Tree NP, a winery, the safari park, and La Jolla Cove.
What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? Blizzarding. Again. 7" more inches of snow when it's already hard to see around the snow piles on the boulevard.
What is your favorite loungewear? joggers, hoodies, Bombas gripper slippers
Old 03-11-2023, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

*Fave tv show or movie lately? Madame Blanc (Now I want to move to a French village full of English expats.)
*Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? I hope someone has some good answers because I have none. That grocery store is killing me!
*What's a good thing that happened this week? This week, we finally bought a car for our 18 year old. The vehicle we bought him in August died last month, and it's been a juggling act to share cars. So even though we paid a ridiculous amount for the 13 year old car we bought him, I'm so thankful to have it.
*What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? So cold, makes me sad
*What is your favorite loungewear? shorts and a t-shirt
Old 03-11-2023, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for starting the fun thread Rae!!

1 Fave tv show or movie lately?
I don't have one in particular, but have been streaming some oldies but goodies like Alf and That 70's Show from the 1980's

2 Have any tips to save money at the grocery store?
We've been buying larger cuts (or larger packages) of meats at discounted prices and then separating them into smaller portions to freeze

3 What's a good thing that happened this week?
We had no plans on Thursday when we got six inches of snow so were able to stay inside and enjoy its beauty

4 What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now?
Cold and snowy! We got dumped on earlier this week and it's snowing again as I type this, supposed to snow through tomorrow AM, I'm ready for SPRING!

5 What is your favorite loungewear?
Stretchy botttoms, a T shirt and a sweatshirt
Old 03-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fave tv show or movie lately? I am a sucker for binging Criminal minds all day every day. Hubby and I are watching The Last of Us, Ghosts and Izombie right now

Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? meal planning helps, buying bulk, dont have boys in the house (3 boys (hubby is one) eat a lot)

What's a good thing that happened this week? It is the start of spring break here so yay for a week off of running around. We had lunch today with some friends from church.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? HOT! We hit 90 yesterday. Today we are in the 80s

What is your favorite loungewear? I don't wear loungewear usually. I get dressed as soon as I get up, makeup, teeth brushed, hair b4 I even get breakfast. I am usually in jeans and a tee though so semi comfy.
Old 03-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fave tv show or movie lately? I haven't been watching much but I'm looking forward to catching up on the new Mandalorian season and Ted Lasso 3
Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? I try to shop at Aldi as much as I can
What's a good thing that happened this week? We celebrated my mom's birthday last night and my dad got the slide projector out and we spent awhile watching slides from when I was a kid. It was amazing.
What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? We got a few inches of fresh snow overnight which is really pretty but will probably melt within a day or so. This seems to be a trend.
What is your favorite loungewear? yoga pants or sweats and a baggy sweatshirt.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fave tv show or movie lately? Not so much a tv show but I have been loving following the National Basketball League games (Australian/New Zealand Basketball) on free to air tv here in New Zealand. Helps when you support one of the two teams vying for the championship

Have any tips to save money at the grocery store? I look for reduced to clear produce and meat to base my meal planning on. As I also have to eat gluten free, I also try and buy naturally gluten free (also known as what is cheaper) rather than gluten free specialty products if I can

What's a good thing that happened this week? The fact I haven't been rejected from a job yet over three days after applying....I know that's a low bar but sometimes I can be rejected hours after applying

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods right now? Sunny and decently warm which is a nice change from the horrible weather earlier in summer

What is your favorite loungewear? Anything with leggings pretty much.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-20-2023, 10:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

First, so sorry for your loss. And Happy Retirement!

Don't have any current faves.... other than "Call the Midwife" while I quilt n crochet I have not been watching much TV.

Tell the kids to buy their own food??? LOL just kidding. Buy in bulk and not buy lots of snacks n junk.

I finished a major quilting project.

Chilly in the mornings and beautiful in the afternoons.

Well, I live in jeggings and leggings since I need to be comfy to get up n down off floor and crawl around with the littles.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow