Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Where did you get your Silhoette Cameo?

I am searching for the best deal, probably in a bundle... amazon, overstock.com... etc.. maybe ebay?
Of course every bundle has something different so it's really hard to tell what the best deal is. What tools do I really need to get? The spatula, hook, scraper.. are those necessary? I really want to upgrade to the design studio so I can import svg files, but I can just purchase that add on separately, so it doesn't have to come with the bundle... ugh, so many decisions!
Where did you get yours? Did you get an awesome deal? I'm wondering if I should wait until Black Friday (unless that'd only save me like $20 or whatever, because that wouldn't be worth waiting a couple months for it, kwim?) I want to snag a good deal and don't want to end up pulling my hair out later because I spotted a better deal after my purchase. Decisions, decisions.. lol

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got my Silhouette SD a few years ago with the Black Friday deal. I think it was a smaller bundle for about $199 (maybe less?) and it came with the carrier sheets, vinyl, and transfer paper. And the cheap little vector package.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

depends on what you want to do if the hook is necessary, but it can't hurt to have. I think the spatula is a necessity, the scraper not so much- I just use an old gift card to scrape my mat clean. I won my silhouette so I am not much help as to where to buy.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
I am searching for the best deal, probably in a bundle... amazon, overstock.com... etc.. maybe ebay?
Of course every bundle has something different so it's really hard to tell what the best deal is. What tools do I really need to get? The spatula, hook, scraper.. are those necessary? I really want to upgrade to the design studio so I can import svg files, but I can just purchase that add on separately, so it doesn't have to come with the bundle... ugh, so many decisions!
Where did you get yours? Did you get an awesome deal? I'm wondering if I should wait until Black Friday (unless that'd only save me like $20 or whatever, because that wouldn't be worth waiting a couple months for it, kwim?) I want to snag a good deal and don't want to end up pulling my hair out later because I spotted a better deal after my purchase. Decisions, decisions.. lol
Little late the the party!!! I have a portrait that I order through Silhouette during a promotion. It happened to have the double sided adhesive come with it, I've never used it!! I see a new promotion every week from some one or another and if I was buy now I'd wait for one that either included the stamping material or the sketch pens!!! I've not shopped for a machine from a 3rd party place so I don't know what kinds of deals they offer, I think the only place I'd be comfortable ordering one from would be Amazon - but that just me and my personal preferences!!

I have the spatula and use it every time I cut!! I buy cricut mats from Michael's or JoAnn's when they are on sale - way cheaper then the silhouette mats plus you get two!! I use and old debit (a gift card would work too) instead of buying the scraper and if I have something little that needs poked out I just use the point end of my spatula - it's worked great so far!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Oh and I wanted to add that I bought mine last Feb and every promotion I have seen since then (through Silhouette) no mater the "specialty" bundle that is offered the prices have always been the same!! $129 for the portrait and $269 for the Cameo. So not sure how much "lower" Silhouette will go.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I shopped all over for mine, and because of shipping (to Canada) the best deal for me was to just buy it at Micheals when they had it on sale. I got it (just the machine, no extras) for $269. :P But it was still worth it!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There are two bundles I'm looking at on Amazon. They are both a great deal but they come with different things so I'm having a hard time deciding. First one and second one.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
Little late the the party!!! I have a portrait that I order through Silhouette during a promotion. It happened to have the double sided adhesive come with it, I've never used it!! I see a new promotion every week from some one or another and if I was buy now I'd wait for one that either included the stamping material or the sketch pens!!! I've not shopped for a machine from a 3rd party place so I don't know what kinds of deals they offer, I think the only place I'd be comfortable ordering one from would be Amazon - but that just me and my personal preferences!!

I have the spatula and use it every time I cut!! I buy cricut mats from Michael's or JoAnn's when they are on sale - way cheaper then the silhouette mats plus you get two!! I use and old debit (a gift card would work too) instead of buying the scraper and if I have something little that needs poked out I just use the point end of my spatula - it's worked great so far!!
These tips about the tools are great, thank you!!