Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default 2020-2021 School year

What are your school's doing? How is it being handled? Does it seem to be going well? Are there lots of tears (both from you and your kids?) Does it seem well organized and you are being kept informed?

My oldest college has gone to all online. She only has 2 zoom meetings, the rest is all independent learning. We will see how this goes. None of my girls like online learning, they all would have preferred in person learning this year.

The school district decided on all online until the end of Oct when they will "reevaluate". The schedule looks weird, 3 classes M and R and 3 classes T and F. They are using weird terminology but not explaining it to us so we have no idea what any of it means. It currently looks like they do not have class on Wed. The information seems to keep changing, I dont' know if it's them reevaluating already and changing things up, or if it's just being worded weird each time messing it up. Noone is answering any questions we have, even when we were told to e-mail a specific person to submit our questions. Noone at the schools answer the phones, so we can't ask someone a question "in person".

My 8th grader has a small 30 min meeting with each teacher on the 1st official day of school. However, my High School students are scheduled to pick up material on their first official day of school.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it all and keep everyone's schedules figured out. Praying this year goes well for everyone, and for all you mama's out there!