Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks - November 3rd

Today, I am thankful for the men and women who keep this country safe, our American service people. I can't even put into words how much their service and sacrifices mean to all of us, but today I am thankful that I can put my gratitude into action.

A local radio station is having a campaign to collect 10,000 thank you letters to send to those overseas during the holidays and I was able to bring in 100 blank Thank You cards for my fellow employees to fill out. My goal is to get them all filled out today so I can get them to the radio station.

That means that today I am not only grateful for those who protect me through their military service, but for the opportunity to express my gratitude for something so huge in a small way that will hopefully brighten this holiday season for them. It has certainly brightened my day.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

today I am thankful for warm fuzzy sweaters to not only keep me warm but also provide comfort. Feeling a bit bruised today in more ways than one.

I am also thankful for paid sick days because I am home today with a sore face/jaw.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Last night I upgraded to Windows 11, only to discover that Microsoft did away with the option to see the folder preview images. (The reason why we name a jpeg "folder" for you Mac users.) This basically makes my work impossible, as you can imagine. I need to be able to see what's in each folder for my design work! Anyway, today I'm thankful that I can revert back to Windows 10!
Old 11-03-2021, 01:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for leopard print & orange fingernail polish.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Last night I upgraded to Windows 11, only to discover that Microsoft did away with the option to see the folder preview images. (The reason why we name a jpeg "folder" for you Mac users.) This basically makes my work impossible, as you can imagine. I need to be able to see what's in each folder for my design work! Anyway, today I'm thankful that I can revert back to Windows 10!
That's terrible! I don't want a folder without a preview! Glad you were able to go back to Windows 10.

Lorie, I love that you brought 100 empty thank you cards for your co-workers to fill out to thank the people that serve our country.

Today I'm thankful for a sunny and dry day (yesterday was pouring all day)
Old 11-03-2021, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for lunch dates with hubby. It is fun to go and have lunch just the two of us, chat about odds and ends, and just spend some one on one time together
Old 11-03-2021, 02:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Nat....oh no....so there's no work around to that yet? I'll have to look into this before I decide to switch!

Old 11-03-2021, 02:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful for the competent neurologist that works with my son and his epilepsy

Old 11-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Nat....oh no....so there's no work around to that yet? I'll have to look into this before I decide to switch!
Not that I could find in all my searching last night and this morning. I left feedback and reverted back to W10. I'm hoping that will be something they'll bring back in a later update. Otherwise, I didn't mind 11.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for Chocolate ice cream!

Old 11-03-2021, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful for my little parrot Coco. He makes a mess but he makes me smile when I'm feeling down.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lorie, that is just awesome!! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Today, I am thankful for the men and women who keep this country safe, our American service people. I can't even put into words how much their service and sacrifices mean to all of us, but today I am thankful that I can put my gratitude into action.

A local radio station is having a campaign to collect 10,000 thank you letters to send to those overseas during the holidays and I was able to bring in 100 blank Thank You cards for my fellow employees to fill out. My goal is to get them all filled out today so I can get them to the radio station.

That means that today I am not only grateful for those who protect me through their military service, but for the opportunity to express my gratitude for something so huge in a small way that will hopefully brighten this holiday season for them. It has certainly brightened my day.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I am grateful that our son (after staying home with the kiddos and doing home schooling for a year and a half) secured a job as a project manager for a large solar company in our county.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
today I am thankful for warm fuzzy sweaters to not only keep me warm but also provide comfort. Feeling a bit bruised today in more ways than one.

I am also thankful for paid sick days because I am home today with a sore face/jaw.
I hope tomorrow finds you feeling much better!
Old 11-03-2021, 07:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
UGH!! Yea that you are looking on the bright side of things!!
Old 11-03-2021, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful that Im such a good cook and that its time for comfort food season
Old 11-03-2021, 09:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I am choosing to be THANKFUL for this crazy November schedule. Thankfully with technology- I can keep all of our crazy schedules on track! No rest for the wicked!
Old 11-03-2021, 09:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to see the sunrise on the way home from taking my son to school - it was beautiful and we don't have an east facing window in our home so I don't normally get to see it!
Old 11-06-2021, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Late again, but I was thankful to have meet a new mom who had the same problem as us and we have share so much experience and advice during our conversation.