Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-01-2020, 08:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life

I started using a Big Memory Keeper a few months ago for memory keeping (on top of digi-layouts) - I'm just not loving it. I am curious if Project Life is still a "thing"? I never hopped on that train, but am considering it ... thanks in advance for your input!
Old 11-01-2020, 08:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It is still a thing
I am way behind but every once in awhile I get motivated to get a year done. It is usually when there is a Shutterfly Unltd. Pages sale.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Still a thing. I do it every year, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. That being said, I am always on the lookout for a fresh style or approach to the project. I think we have a thread every year around this time about it, lol!

Old 11-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do PL too. Have done for the last 5 years and don’t see myself stopping until my kids are grown up and moved out, if at all then. We all love looking through them again and again.
Also with the memory of a gold fish, the albums help me remember what we did each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2020, 10:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's still going strong... my advice is keep it simple. I'm seriously behind - like 7 years behind, but I keep putzing at it. I seriously love looking at what was going on an ordinary day in our life.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yay - thank you ladies!! I was about 2 months behind doing my Happy Planner Memory Planner and spent many hours trying to catch up - but it wasn't fun, nor did I like the way it turned out. Time to try something different!!
Old 11-01-2020, 11:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I think we have a thread every year around this time about it, lol!
LOL!
Old 11-01-2020, 03:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Like everyone else said, it's still a thing. But I think it's more a thing in the digital/hybrid world than in the physical scrapping world these days; I get the impression that Becky Higgins has had to move to mostly releasing new product in her app because physical stores have cut back so much on scrapping product. (I could be wrong, but a year or so ago before I stopped paying attention that seemed to be where things were heading.) I'm working on my 7th year (2019). I'm still planning to do 2020, but I think for this year and next year I may do a more news and current events-focused PL since our family has so much less going on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2020, 04:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've never gotten into the PL trend completely, but I do a monthly recap in that format for my photos that really don't belong anywhere else. And did more weekly PL layouts March-June of this year with all the covid craziness to really try to document it.

The nice thing is there are no rules. So in the summer if I feel like we're super busy, but don't want to do individual layouts for photos, I use that format. The monthly recaps have been lifesavers for me.

And I just don't take enough photos from day to day anymore for something like that.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am actually only a week behind in my PL this year which is the teeniest-tiniest of COVID silver linings. With us spending 90% of our time at home, including working from home and schooling of home, there's not so much to take pictures of or scrap so I get my weeks done more quickly. I've also skipped a few weeks here & there where I just didn't take any photos that week.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Still a thing. I do it every year, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. That being said, I am always on the lookout for a fresh style or approach to the project. I think we have a thread every year around this time about it, lol!
Me too! I think I've started a few of those threads. I'm also on the lookout for a fresh approach as I've been doing this since 2012. I need something new but haven't found it yet. I started 2020 with a new approach but ditched it and went back to the tried and true.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm going to use Cindy's new mini album for my pages, because I love all the journal spots and the clean lines.

And when I feel the need for something more artsy and whimsical, I'll mix it up with the fun new stitched templates Ru has been making lately:

Hoping someone makes new calendar cards for 2021, because I always use those.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here are some I made for this year, with these templates:

Old 11-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gorgeous pages Ally! Sometimes I miss using all the embellishments as my PL pages have been very simple. Maybe I should consider this.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Here are some I made for this year, with these templates:

These are fantastic!!
Old 11-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks so much for sharing, Ally! I would not have considered the stitched templates, but after seeing your pages, I think I might just switch it up & get these for 2021!
Old 11-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think I'm going to use Cindy's new mini album for my pages, because I love all the journal spots and the clean lines.

I'm going to use Cindy's new mini-album templates for 2021, too. They have the perfect amount of space for words & pictures.

The last time I checked on PL, which was earlier this year, they weren't releasing new cards, but they are releasing new albums and page protectors.

For this year, I am using Cindy's Get It Scrapped series & not really doing individual pages, unless it's something significant that has a lot of photos. We just haven't gone anywhere or done much of anything this year that deserves its own page. I am, however, going to make a COVID mini album because I have a lot to say on the subject.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:03 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

It's still a thing. I was doing it on there app. But it's getting to be not really creative for me, plus a few other things. So I'm going back to using pse and kits. I've been doing it for 6 yrs now.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:06 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to use stitched templates for my 2021 pages too. Plus I plan on doing a few digi pages for the special events.