Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann
Default OLW 2013.....and 2014

It's almost the end of the year which means the beginning of a new year. Each year I try live by One Little Word. For 2013 my OLW was IMPROVE. Did I do it justice, I think so. Could I have done more, OF COURSE! Now looking forward I need to decide on my word for 2014. I still have time to decide but might as well start thinking about it now.

Here's my LO for 2013s OLW: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...mprove&cat=500

So did you have a word for 2013? Did you follow it, live it, etc? What will your word for 2014 be?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine last year was Capture. I think I did it justice but there was always room for more improvement. I wanted to learn more photography......I did and still am! I wanted to capture little moments with those I love and be more intentional on getting whatever little moments I can......I think I did way better than the year before with that. So I think OLW of 2013 was an overall success.

I don't know what this year (2014) will be. I will have to think on it. I am sure it will be something more business related since that is where a lot of my focus is right now. I am leaning towards something along the lines of efficient. I need to do tasks with a purpose and the most time efficient way possible. Need to cut my work flow to get things done faster. Not sure what word will cover that yet.........thinking on it.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:48 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My word for 2013 was Magnify. I did it . . . kind of. I could have done better.

My word for 2014 is Stillness. It's something I need to find more of in my life. And, there are things I can do to make space for it, so that's what I'm going to focus on this year.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Mine last year was Capture. I think I did it justice but there was always room for more improvement. I wanted to learn more photography......I did and still am! I wanted to capture little moments with those I love and be more intentional on getting whatever little moments I can......I think I did way better than the year before with that. So I think OLW of 2013 was an overall success.

I don't know what this year (2014) will be. I will have to think on it. I am sure it will be something more business related since that is where a lot of my focus is right now. I am leaning towards something along the lines of efficient. I need to do tasks with a purpose and the most time efficient way possible. Need to cut my work flow to get things done faster. Not sure what word will cover that yet.........thinking on it.
Tara my word for 2012 was Focus.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember if I did pick one in 2013, but later in the year, ENOUGH emerged as my OLW (as in "I am enough, I do enough... I can rest, I don't have to be 'more.'")

I'm all excited because I fell like I was given my OLW for this year just the other day. It's going to be PEACE. At first I was like. "Man, that sounds corny, so close to Christmas!" But it's totally my word. Peace in my heart, peace in my life, peace when I just want to yell at someone... this year, I'm seeking after peace.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

hmm... I had to search the threads to see what I said last year... haha!

I said my word for 2013 was "Complete"... yeah, totally didn't do that... I did get P365 for 2011 done yesterday... and a vacation album for this year done... but that is all I did for projects. I didn't complete any other goals I had around the house to do... so, nope, I failed.

I'm not sure what this year is going to be.. I had focus for 2011... and savor for 2010... I have to think on that... I want to see myself get my act together. I turn 40 in 2015... 2014 is my last year to "grow up"... get my body into shape, get my self organized, focus a stronger bond with my hubby, finish projects I start, etc... so not sure what word that would be...
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i had chosen Improve as my word this year as well … although i don't feel like i did anything with it LOL. it's going to be my word again for 2014. my word for 2012 was focus, 2011 was positivity …

i like improve bc i am really an "all or nothing" kind of person - and that word helps me remember that i don't have to do something perfectly or be the best, i can just do a little bit better each day

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 12-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Mine for 2012 was Commit and 2013 was Purpose..I've sort of lost my way with this year's word and may end up using it again next year although I kind of want to go with Courage. My life is in shambles at the moment and it seems like a good word to use.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I didn't have a OLW for 2013 but mine for 2014 will be PATIENCE!

Old 12-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine this year was expand. I wanted to expand upon all the good changes I had made the previous year. I think I have done a good job of expanding the good.

Not yet sure what I plan to do for 2014. Was thinking I needed to start thinking about that soon.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had challenge as my 2013 OLW. It ended up being different than I expected, but it worked.

I'm actually not feeling a word for 2014. I may not pick one nad let a word unfold.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My word for 2013 was Balance. I've made an effort to find Balance in my life this year, but I definitely could have done a better job. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good word - I just have to keep working on it.

I haven't chosen a word for 2014 yet. I really like ENOUGH, but I think I need something that will push me to my full potential. So maybe it's Potential? We shall see.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My word for 2013 was NURTURE. I took Ali's class and love how it keeps my word at the forefront of my mind. I think I did really good with it overall, save for April when I was supposed to nurture contentment and instead I did way too much online shopping....

Early next year DH will be starting an overseas tour by himself (for a year)...seeing as I'll be single parenting 3 young kiddos, I've chosen to be BOLD.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

My little word for 2013 was "Do". I sort of followed it, not through scrapbooking, but definitely in my every day life. I think 2014 is going to be "Organize".
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think my 2014 word will be Present. I'm so bad about worrying about the future that I fail to enjoy today. Or being angry about the past and letting it cloud my today! :-(

Old 12-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine for this year was Healthy...healthier lifestyle, healthier choices, healthier image of myself & my mind (kwim?), healthier relationships (including spiritual), etc. i think i did a good job. i obviously could've done sooo much more but i'm pleased with my progress.

for 2014, i think i'm going with Positive...kind of a continuation of Healthy...positive choices, positive thoughts, positive lifestyle, positive friends, positive parenting, etc.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In 2013, my OLW was Capture. I wanted to be more intentional about capturing the smaller moments, not just the BIG events (like Birthdays and Christmas). I'd say I lived up to it because I took an average of 4 Instagram photos every day, scrapped more this year than any other, printed more albums, and journaled more. I'm happy with how much more I captured and want to continue living that word in 2014, even though it isn't my main focus for the year.

For 2014, my word is SHED. I want to SHED pounds, SHED my self-doubt, SHED my inhibitions, SHED my procrastination, SHED my anxiety. But my word may change when I have some time to really look at synonyms for that word-- I may find a similar word that I feel suits my energy better, but has that same vibe. But... that's my goal.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 12-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I picked Nurture for 2014. I want to nurture myself, my home, and my relationships. I've had some really horrible things happen over the last several years and I want to resemble who I was before because I don't like the me I am now.

Last edited by ricslady; 12-31-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never done it before but I decided to do it this year and my word is simple - ME. Time to pay attention to me. I have been through so much since 9-11-2001 and I feel like I've been on autopilot since then, and I had big a cancer scare just a couple weeks ago and on Christmas Eve found out that I'm okay for now. Now DD is much older and more self sufficient so I'm going to focus on a healthy me, a happy me, goals for me, and even fun for me.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I still have no idea what I want my 2014 word to be but I better decide on it quick lol
Old 12-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The last 2 years I picked Perspective. And I do think I've gotten much better at keeping things in perspective and looking at the big picture when little (or bigger) things go wrong.

This year, I know what I want to focus on, but can't quite come up with a word I want to use. "Truth" is about the closest I can figure out but it's too blah. I'm trying to get back to being true to myself, get back to being more comfortable in what I feel is important, being honest about my feelings, etc. Not letting what others want and do sway me in what I want or do.

I'll keep thinking.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

When I found out I was having baby #4 back in the fall of 2012, my whole mindset changed in preparing for this new arrival. 2013 became my DECLUTTER year. I have changed the way I see things that I thought I HAD to keep. change the way I buy new things coming in. Changed so many things that have helped me get my house to a better place that makes me not feel overwhelmed.

I hadn't really thought about OLW for 2013, but now looking back at my year, that's exactly what it was. There is still much to do but I am committed to continuing on because I see the change. the progress and the happiness this change has brought.

for 2014, my olw is LOVE. Love for my family. love for myself. love for my home. Doing things because I love myself. because i love my home. because I love my kids. seeing the positive in things and approaching things from that perspective.

I love my scrapbooks and my hobby has fallen to the back burner. So making time for this is also included in loving my family and myself. Everyone needs to make time for the things they love

I am READY for 2014.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

I am torn between TRY and PERSEVERE this year which will be the first year I am seriously trying the project. Hugs Crystal xx
Old 12-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I didn't really have a word in 2013 but I do want a word for 2014. I know I've said before, but I want to focus more on myself - improving, (continue) growing, confidence. I have those words along with others, but haven't quite settled down on one yet.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine was Family in 2013 and focusing on that word had changed my life.

I'm still undecided for 2014. I was thinking of some words that relate to socializing more with friends, but then I'm torn between that and Slow Down, Present (be more present) and Spiritual. I'll have to decide.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've done OLW the last few years but I think I may take a break this year because there isn't any word I'm really feeling is the right word for the time being. Thinking I may do something else this year, but not sure exactly what just yet.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I signed up for Ali's OLW class this year and decided to go with OPEN for my word. Being open to new ideas, open to being healthier, open to doing things differently, open to changing how I've done things in the past....
Old 01-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I had a word for 2013. For 2014 I have decided on ASPIRE for my OLW. I know that I might not be able to succeed at everything I want to do. But I can aspire to be better, eat healthier, read more, all the things I want to do. I think that aspiration is the start of real success.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I decided at the last minute to do the class because my OLW was telling me to. CREATE in 2014!