Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-11-2018, 10:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question 2019 Project Life

What are everybody's plans? I wonder if there is anything new in the works from designers? I think I have at least 5 years completed. Every year has been a weekly layout with the exception of 2017 which I did by the month. I'd like to change things up for 2019 but not sure what to do.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Although I am behind in most year, I do still want to continue PL in 2019. I will most likely keep doing weekly pages. I have got to come up with a game plan to catch up though!!
Old 11-12-2018, 10:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have really struggled with PL this year. I am currently working on May.

I am thinking about continuing weekly PL next year but using the same kit for a month at a time OR switching to monthly.

I really do not enjoy the process of PL but I love the results. I just don't have the time to make the PL layouts the way I'd like to so I need to work on being okay with 'good enough' (or giving it up entirely).
Old 11-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had the stamina for these kinds of projects. I always start off with the best of intentions, but I’m so lacking in follow through.

Do you guys have a particular system so that you don’t fall behind? I’m really good at documenting through photos, but I am always forgetting to collect keepsakes and I’m awful at consisten journaling. Tips?!
Old 11-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you do PL, is all of your scrapping in the same PL style? or do you guys do your typical digi scrap style and then ensure you have a weekly PL layout?

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 11-12-2018, 03:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do both. There are often things happening in our lives that are indicative of the 'right now' or might be interesting to look back on later (how often the kids get their hair cut, what the grocery store looks like, etc.) that don't need an entire scrapbook layout. When I'm in a groove, I take enough daily pictures to fill up PL and enough important pictures to do several pages for each month.

My system is not particularly comprehensive: I have weekly folders on my hard drive where I dump the photos from the week. I have a subscription to a PL kit (not at this site) that I dump into these folders as well. I have Momento set up on my iPhone that automatically keeps a record of everything I post to FB and IG so I can bring up whatever has happened that I posted about then if I need a nudge or reminder about it now/when I'm journaling. I mostly use Momento to keep track of my Countdown to Christmas stories because those never get all scrapped in December but it's useful for other projects, too.

The only separate albums I make are for vacations and Countdown to Christmas. Otherwise everything I make is thrown into one big chronological album. I don't scrap chronologically but I print chronologically (softcover 8x8s from Shutterfly when they run their quarterly unlimited pages sales).

Last edited by LeeAndra; 11-12-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’ve been doing project life for years, and I’m still enjoying it, so I’ll be going strong into 2019. I always scrap my PL pages pocket style and I give myself the option of doing more than one 2-page spread for the week if I need more space. That said, I also regular scrap whatever events and memories that need their own layouts or that I just feel like doing. I print them all together, chronologically, in however many 12x12 books it takes!
I’ve changed up my style from year to year, using the same style templates, for example, but lately I just do whatever I feel like that week and it works. I make myself stay as current as possible, and I make myself journal right after placing my photos. Sometimes I wait for a better kit to come along before I kit the page out, but I usually get that part done fairly soon after photos and journaling.
And I just keep repeating, done is better than perfect!

Old 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

With my kids grown and not having much going on in my family except work I don't feel that PL is my thing.

Good luck to anyone that does PL and I think it is wonderful for you to document your children's growing up in such a great way.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've done a monthly 2pg layout spread this year & I think that's as good as I can get... I'm just too busy to devote weekly! I used the same kit/supplies this year & I'm loving how my album will turn out- not sure what I"ll do next year yet...
Old 11-12-2018, 07:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Still catching up with my 2016 and 2017 but I will still do PL 2019.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE Project Life. I used to struggle keeping up a few years ago. Then I took Ali Edwards class and it was an aha for me. Keeping it simple has saved me. I use the same pocket page protector every week, and then add in a 6x8 or 4x6 insert for the weeks with more going on, or special events. I still embellish a bit, but keep it super simple in terms of not having to think about it. I usually will make the 12x24 or double page templates ahead of time with the title cards, and then on Monday's I insert my pictures into the template for the previous week. If I have the time I will also do the journaling, but sometimes I have to come back to that. I have kept current for the last 3 years and LOVE the end result. I have to remind myself that it is the project as a whole, not each week that make it awesome! And if you can... take Ali's class.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

This is me too! I always say I'm going to do PL and start out with great ideas but never follow through. I really wish I could though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
I wish I had the stamina for these kinds of projects. I always start off with the best of intentions, but I’m so lacking in follow through.

Do you guys have a particular system so that you don’t fall behind? I’m really good at documenting through photos, but I am always forgetting to collect keepsakes and I’m awful at consisten journaling. Tips?!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know yet how I'm going to handle 2019. If I start a project or album, I make myself finish it. So I've got finished PL albums (with lots of tradtional pages mixed in) for 2013-2017. (Well...almost 2017. I have a few December PL pages and about 15 traditional pages left to finish.) But I've been in a scrapping slump most of this year. I feel like I'm falling farther and farther behind. I've made plans to catch up a bunch of times, but I'm just not motivated enough to follow through.

The one thing I know I'm not going to do is keep scrapping linearly, starting 2018 now then trying to finish all of this year before I go onto 2019. I've thought about scrapping 2018 and 2019 simultaneously, but I'll never manage that. I'm having enough trouble getting one year at a time scrapped! Do I skip 2018 and start fresh with 2019? Scrap 2018 since I've got it prepped and journaled but take 2019 off? Find a way to get them both done? I don't know. I've already simplified as much as I'm interested in. The hold up is organizing and choosing photos then sitting down and making myself get layouts done. It's not that the scrapping itself is too time consuming.

For now I'm not making any real decisions. I'm trying to get motivated to do a lot of scrapping between now and the end of the year. Then I'll see where I am and decide how to handle 2018 and 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I have really struggled with PL this year.

I really do not enjoy the process of PL but I love the results.
That's how I feel about it, too. I don't want to give it up because I love the final album, but the last few years I've been struggling with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
If you do PL, is all of your scrapping in the same PL style? or do you guys do your typical digi scrap style and then ensure you have a weekly PL layout?
I do traditional digi layouts for my favorite photos and stories or big milestones. I do a PL layout for everything else. Before starting PL, I had lots of random photos of things that I wanted to remember but didn't really need to devote a full page to. For example, the books the kids were reading, a picture one of them had drawn, and a cute sibling interaction that I'd only gotten a blurry photo of. Now I'd put all of those on a PL page and then do a traditional digi layout of a nice photo of DD raking leaves. If I had a bunch of raking photos that I liked, I might use the best 1 or 2 on the traditional page and then put a few others on the PL page.

Last edited by rach3975; 11-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to do PL 2019.
I'm pretty much caught up with 2018 and ready to start fresh.
I'm not doing it in pocket pages, but just regular scrapbook pages.
Can't wait to start again.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

One year (maybe it was 2016?) I started doing PL pages every week. I think I got through May or June and just didn't have the drive to continue. I really liked the LOs because, as others have said, it was a great way to document smaller, random, everyday memories.

I didn't think I'd attempt the project again, but PL might be a good thing for me to do in 2019 because our youngest graduates from high school this June, and I have a feeling our older son will be moving out. So, there will be lots of small things that I'll want to document.

Hmmm....
Old 11-13-2018, 11:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My PL 2016 Digital Album just popped up in my FB Memories!! Great motivation and inspiration to keep going!!

https://www.facebook.com/kristalund/...5309659&type=3
Old 11-13-2018, 12:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
My PL 2016 Digital Album just popped up in my FB Memories!! Great motivation and inspiration to keep going!!

https://www.facebook.com/kristalund/...5309659&type=3
Wow!!! That is AMAZING, Krista!!!
Old 11-13-2018, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Wow!!! That is AMAZING, Krista!!!
Thank you!
This thread has inspired me! I am working on getting my journaling in layouts! I am done with 6 weeks so far!!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love everybody's input on this. I started PL many years ago thinking that it would be in addition to my traditional layouts. But in all honesty, my traditional layouts are few and far between now. I miss them but PL is so important to me and my family that I have to stay current on it.

I have used some templates from Nettio as my title cards on all but a few years. I really feel like I should use a new template or something different in 2019.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am not committing to PL 2019 but I do want to journal more so I am committing to keeping a journal so I can document the year.

I know for me a weekly page would not work but I am thinking I might just do a monthly page.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Who are your go-to designers for pocket page templates?

I always get so inspired reading these threads... maybe THIS is the year?!

Last edited by karlimarie; 11-15-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I use the same ones from Traci R (and they are retired!)
But I think she has others in her store
Check out these too-
DSI
LJS
EZ
all have great templates
Old 11-18-2018, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I have used LJS pocket pages for many many years!

My title cards are super old - from Nettio. I need something new for this year!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions!

Maybe there’ll be some Black Froday sales and I can stock up!
Old 11-26-2018, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing project life for a long time and was always caught up until I had Teddy. I've been trying to catch up since the newborn days! Haha.

I'm going to continue with PL is 2019... although I haven't quite gotten 2016 or 2018 scrapped. I have four spreads to finish for 2017 and will be focusing on that in the next few weeks. I keep everything pretty organized so it isn't hard for me to pull up an old week and quickly scrapped it. And the finished projects are always worth the work!

I'm considering switching up my templates a little bit this year, but will probably stick to my simple style. I like most of the focus to be on the pictures!