Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-25-2015, 10:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Talk to me about scrapping December

So, I know it's July, but I'm currently scrapping December 2013. I feel like there are just too many pages. So tell me, what do you do.

I've tried to switch to a daily December type of format and I think I probably accomplished it in 2014. I just want to make sure I get all the memories, but cut down on how much time it takes to actually document them.

LIke, I always end up in the 60-70 pages range for December.

Last edited by nesser1981; 07-25-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:06 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

DD 2013 I did everything paper, and it actually took me until December 2014 to find the time to finish it all, NEVER AGAIN LOL. For DD 2014 I did it all digitally and printed out to put in a mini album Only thing was that I had to narrow down the photos used each day so I wasn't trying to squeeze too much into one page per day! Here's a few samples..

I sized them 6x8 to fit in one of the mini PL albums

Old 07-25-2015, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That looks great!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

thank you! it was definitely more fun this way than paper scrapping it all! LOL
Old 07-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've done my Holiday Faves for several years now. It's basically a top 10 list of my favorite things from the season. Last year I used a Studio Calico 6x8 mini binder and did most of my pages digital with a few paper accents. I'm not a big holiday scrapper normally so this seems to be a good balance between nothing and December Daily.

You can see more on my blog: (I'd share the images here but they're too large for the forum and I'm too lazy to resize them )
Holiday Faves 2014 1-5
Holiday Faves 2014 6-10
Old 07-28-2015, 09:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That looks fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I've done my Holiday Faves for several years now. It's basically a top 10 list of my favorite things from the season. Last year I used a Studio Calico 6x8 mini binder and did most of my pages digital with a few paper accents. I'm not a big holiday scrapper normally so this seems to be a good balance between nothing and December Daily.

You can see more on my blog: (I'd share the images here but they're too large for the forum and I'm too lazy to resize them )
Holiday Faves 2014 1-5
Holiday Faves 2014 6-10
Old 07-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
That looks fantastic!
Thanks!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do a December Daily-ish (which I call Countdown to Christmas since it's from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day) album that has one Christmaselated photo/topic per day.

This is separate from all my other regular and PL pages. If anything happens in December non-Christmaselated, I tack it onto the end of my regular/PL stuff. For actual Christmas celebrations, I do a couple of 2 page spreads (with templates!!) that is just one kit + some photos + a list of what everyone got. I hate scrapping actual Christmas, so unless someone got a really special gift that I want to scrap, the couple of 2 page spreads is all I do to document presents. These 2 page spreads also get tacked onto the end of the year stuff.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually end up with about 10 pages that I just scrap "normally" and put in our yearly book. I did learn a long time ago that I preferred taking less photos during the holidays (making sure they were more meaningful instead of the 100s of shots that were random) and thereby enjoying the holidays more instead of constantly holding a camera. It's easy now that I only have one teen at home I also decided that even if I had 100s of photos I really didn't have to scrap them all and just picked out a couple photos for each "event" and scrapped them with more journaling to capture the memories. However, we never did things like Elf on the Shelf or other daily holiday things so I never had photos from EVERY day in December.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've always wanted to do a December Daily, but it's our busiest time of year. Our school year finishes mid-Dec, and we go away camping early January (it's summer here then), and there's always just SO much going on that I rarely have time to scrap between mid Dec and Mid Jan. I love seeing everyone elses pages though.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I know how I'm going to cut some of the fat out when I scrap 2014, and for sure this year when Christmas rolls around.

We do a countdown to Christmas, and some sort of activity everyday, I've never done December Daily, but I have tried to cut it down to 1 layout a day, but I've been having a lot of overflow and a few days take 2 pages.

So the random stuff will go in project life pages.

Christmas Eve is going to be a 2 page spread I think. I was doing like 8-10 pages on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day I'm going to try and do a PL/big 2 page layout for Christmas Day events, breakfast, playing with toys, etc. I'll probably stick with doing 2 page layouts of each kid opening their gifts.

And then a big 2 page spread/pl style page for the events at my Inlaws. I think that will easily save me like 20 pages.