Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Why can't I quit life and just scrap all the time??

I've had to really chisel down my CT's recently as I started school and now I only have two left I might even have to give up those two when I start next semester.

Why must I life? Why can't I just play?

Adulting is so not as fun as I was expecting as a kid

Old 07-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Agree whole heartedly
Old 07-23-2015, 03:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Old 07-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so with you! Hope you have a school break soon and can get some time for fun.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was finishing up my Associates Degree Cole was one. At the time he still didn't sleep all night, waking at least three times. I do not know how in the world I did it. I still had my CT's but, it was tough! I wish you the best of luck!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear you! I'm on summer break (work at a school) and I have not had a chance to scrap at all, really. I have been so busy with house projects. I keep telling myself that once school starts and everything is done (since I am really accomplishing a lot this summer!) that I will have more time. I think I'm kidding myself though. Yeah, adulting sucks.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ View Post
When I was finishing up my Associates Degree Cole was one. At the time he still didn't sleep all night, waking at least three times. I do not know how in the world I did it. I still had my CT's but, it was tough! I wish you the best of luck!
UGH yeah that sounds like me. I homeschool my boys during the day (though obviously not lately since we're on summer break) and Gemma doesn't sleep through night, even at 3, so it's a crazy whirlwind life over in my house, lolol! Lots of not doing homework due to major distractions during the day and tons of wishing I could do anything BUT homework after they go to bed because of how crazy they make me!

Old 07-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Quote:
UGH yeah that sounds like me. I homeschool my boys during the day (though obviously not lately since we're on summer break) and Gemma doesn't sleep through night, even at 3, so it's a crazy whirlwind life over in my house, lolol! Lots of not doing homework due to major distractions during the day and tons of wishing I could do anything BUT homework after they go to bed because of how crazy they make me!
That was me then too! When I finished I was so relieved that I haven't went for my Bachelor's lol! Cole still doesn't sleep all night? He is having his tonsils/adenoids removed plus tubes put in. I am hoping that helps him sleep better. He's six and still gets in my bed and sleep walks like crazy. It's a good thing I don't go to bed until around 2 am because, I have caught him trying to go outside in his sleep several times!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Cole still doesn't sleep all night? He is having his tonsils/adenoids removed plus tubes put in. I am hoping that helps him sleep better. He's six and still gets in my bed and sleep walks like crazy. It's a good thing I don't go to bed until around 2 am because, I have caught him trying to go outside in his sleep several times!
Lots of sympathy from me! One of my kids has a sleep disorder as part of his genetic disorder, and it took forever for him to sleep through the night. Both those surgeries were my son's turning points for sleep, so hopefully you'll have the same luck. Just before he turned 4 he had tubes put in his ears, and within a week he went from waking 3x a night to only once. At 5 he had his tonsils and adenoids removed, and that's when he finally started sleeping through the night. (His "night" still often ends around 4:30 or 5 am, but that "advanced sleep phase" is the part of the sleep disorder due to Smith-Magenis Syndrome.)
Old 07-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lots of sympathy from me! One of my kids has a sleep disorder as part of his genetic disorder, and it took forever for him to sleep through the night. Both those surgeries were my son's turning points for sleep, so hopefully you'll have the same luck. Just before he turned 4 he had tubes put in his ears, and within a week he went from waking 3x a night to only once. At 5 he had his tonsils and adenoids removed, and that's when he finally started sleeping through the night. (His "night" still often ends around 4:30 or 5 am, but that "advanced sleep phase" is the part of the sleep disorder due to Smith-Magenis Syndrome.)
I'm thrilled that helped your son. Everyone keeps telling me there will be no difference but, Cole needs sleep in order for him to be good in school. The days last year he didn't sleep well, which were most of them. Were the dasy he came home with bad colors! It seems when he doesn't sleep he gets more energy. Which results in him talking and not listening.