Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 09-03-2021, 08:05 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default Totally lost a year

I was out to dinner with my family tonight to celebrate my DIL's birthday and we were talking that I was up next. I said I couldn't believe that I was going to be 54 this year and my sister started laughing and said that I was going to be 55. I was like no, I'm going to be 54. But after we did the math, then redid the math, it turns out I am going to be 55.

I feel like I lost a year of my life at dinner tonight. I don't even know when I started thinking I was a year younger, but it has been going on for a while now. I was convinced I knew my own age, but apparently I am losing my mind. The age doesn't bother me, much, but just knowing I forgot something so important about myself is a bit disconcerting.

Have you ever experienced something like this where you are sure about something in your life, only to find out that you're wrong?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2021, 08:09 PM
erica zane's Avatar
erica zane erica zane is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,156
Default

I never know how old I am until I figure out what year this is & do some math...I was a year off this year too, but I was skipping a year & thought I was a year older
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2021, 08:12 PM
Kiana's Avatar
Kiana Kiana is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 6,467
Default

__________________

OFFICIAL SUGARBABE BLOGGER FOR SWEET SHOPPE DESIGNS
ALSO CREATING FOR STUDIO FLERGS | CLEVER MONKEY GRAPHICS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Kiana's Avatar
Kiana Kiana is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 6,467
Default

I do have to count how many years DH and I have been together. The married years is easy because it's one year more than our daughter's age....but overall years I always have to do the math. lol
__________________

OFFICIAL SUGARBABE BLOGGER FOR SWEET SHOPPE DESIGNS
ALSO CREATING FOR STUDIO FLERGS | CLEVER MONKEY GRAPHICS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2021, 08:23 PM
kim21673's Avatar
kim21673 kim21673 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 5,901
Default

I always have to sit and think about how old I am! It sucks getting old!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2021, 09:01 PM
MamaBee's Avatar
MamaBee MamaBee is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 15,328
Default

I constantly say I'm 46... uhm, I am only 45. I also say last year was 2019... 2020 apparently doesn't count in my head, haha
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:11 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I constantly say I'm 46... uhm, I am only 45. I also say last year was 2019... 2020 apparently doesn't count in my head, haha
Considering what a crappy year it was, I think we should all leave it out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:11 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim21673 View Post
I always have to sit and think about how old I am! It sucks getting old!
Getting old sure isn't for the faint of heart.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:13 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I do have to count how many years DH and I have been together. The married years is easy because it's one year more than our daughter's age....but overall years I always have to do the math. lol
I have trouble remembering what day I got married and how old my husband would be now if he were still alive. I was thinking about it the other day and he would be 62. He would have hated that. I swear he had a breakdown when he turned 30 about how old he was. Our son just turned 30 last month and handled it a lot better. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:16 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
I never know how old I am until I figure out what year this is & do some math...I was a year off this year too, but I was skipping a year & thought I was a year older
Feels good to know other people do it too. Fifty five just seemed so much older than fifty four at dinner. But growing old is a privilege not everyone gets, so I will have to turn my attitude around and be thankful I am going to be 55.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:38 PM
weaselwatchr's Avatar
weaselwatchr weaselwatchr is offline
Sweet Tooth
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
I never know how old I am until I figure out what year this is & do some math...I was a year off this year too, but I was skipping a year & thought I was a year older
Omg same. And then I look around the room to act like I was distracted instead of just not knowing. Age is only a number right?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:54 PM
joelsgirl's Avatar
joelsgirl joelsgirl is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Davao City, Philippines
Posts: 18,654
Default

I think once you turn 40, it all kind of blurs together.

My son, Max, was born on September 9, 2007, so his birthday is 09/08/07. But when we lived in Malaysia, where he was born, we wrote it 08/09/07, so I always think his birthday is September 9th. He gets so mad at me, lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2021, 12:59 AM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 3,037
Default

I always have to stop and count the years to remember how long we’ve been married...almost 24 years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2021, 09:16 AM
tanyiadeskins's Avatar
tanyiadeskins tanyiadeskins is online now
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 5,758
Default

On Thursday evening my husband ordered a big fancy pizza, some yummy dessert, drinks .... like he did it up. Im wondering why? well he had a horrible week and was celebrating that it was over finally and he had his long weekend ahead of him. I said, honey... you know it's Thursday, right? He legit thought it was Fri, I swear he almost cried.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2021, 09:27 AM
HavaDrPepper's Avatar
HavaDrPepper HavaDrPepper is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 152
Default

For some reason yesterday felt like a Saturday to me. But then with being retired every day feels like the weekend! The other day I was talking with someone and was talking about next year... 2021. For some reason I was still thinking it was 2020. Yikes!

I don't have a problem with my age since I was born in a "5" year.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-04-2021, 09:48 AM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,795
Default

I try not to think about it until I'm filling out medical form. Then I'm like, "Yikes!"
I'm sorry you lost a year, Lorie. I think we all feel that way with the pandemic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:10 AM
tanyiadeskins's Avatar
tanyiadeskins tanyiadeskins is online now
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 5,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
For some reason yesterday felt like a Saturday to me. But then with being retired every day feels like the weekend! The other day I was talking with someone and was talking about next year... 2021. For some reason I was still thinking it was 2020. Yikes!

I don't have a problem with my age since I was born in a "5" year.
I also was born on a 5 year... it definitely helps lol

You are right, since all my kids grew up and moved out and I do not work still ... chances are I am not sure of the date or day of the week.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:29 AM
tjscraps's Avatar
tjscraps tjscraps is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,886
Default

I was born late in a 9 year, so my age always ends in the same number as the current year - that’s truthfully the only way I remember lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:44 AM
norton94's Avatar
norton94 norton94 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,114
Default

Lorie that stinks... I totally agree the number isn't important, but that would throw me for a loop Deflating, like you said you missed a year. I think it's because 2020 was so awful and just doesn't count!!!

I have to calculate my age all the time - thankfully I'm 1970, so it's pretty easy to quickly math it. LOL

AND you are so right, not everyone gets the privilege to grow older (((HUGS)))
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-04-2021, 12:14 PM
Txcorey's Avatar
Txcorey Txcorey is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,848
Default

I constantly forget how old I am. It's kind of a running joke between me and my husband.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-04-2021, 12:30 PM
just_jo's Avatar
just_jo just_jo is offline
Sweet Tooth
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: The Deep South
Posts: 497
Default

I try not to think about my age - it's only a number, right? I usually start telling myself my age several months before it happens - guess I have to ease into it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2021, 04:56 PM
aussiegirl's Avatar
aussiegirl aussiegirl is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,174
Default

I never know how old I am either. I figure it out once a year near my birthday! I figure it's enough to keep how old all my girls are, I don't really care what my age is!

My bday was just last week, I had figured out my age, and when I got out the number candles, my oldest questioned me. So I had to figure it all out again! Turns out I was right!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2021, 05:47 PM
jaye's Avatar
jaye jaye is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,314
Default

I know how old I am only because of my son’s age, I was 30 when he was born and my dad was almost 30 when I came around. So we are 54, almost 24 and almost 84.

I have lost a year though as I still want to write 2020.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Dalis's Avatar
Dalis Dalis is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,603
Default

COVID YEAR DOESN'T COUNT!
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:26 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,669
Default

Yeah, I think most of us lost a year in 2020. We shouldn't have to count that one! I have trouble remembering my new age around a birthday, but then I get it. I have to do the math for my anniversary--I kept track until 20 years, then it all blurred together. (Give me a minute...23 years now.) What always throws me is my nephews' ages. I have to do the math every time, and I think they're years younger than they are (umm...9 and almost 11...no, 8 and almost 10). I don't know why I can't remember that!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:39 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
On Thursday evening my husband ordered a big fancy pizza, some yummy dessert, drinks .... like he did it up. Im wondering why? well he had a horrible week and was celebrating that it was over finally and he had his long weekend ahead of him. I said, honey... you know it's Thursday, right? He legit thought it was Fri, I swear he almost cried.
That is sad. I totally feel his pain and disappointment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:46 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I think once you turn 40, it all kind of blurs together.

My son, Max, was born on September 9, 2007, so his birthday is 09/08/07. But when we lived in Malaysia, where he was born, we wrote it 08/09/07, so I always think his birthday is September 9th. He gets so mad at me, lol.
That is funny in an bad way. I get Max because my sister, mother and brother have their birthdays just a few weeks apart at the start of the year and I am alone towards the end. My Dad was mid year, but did not want any fuss for his birthday, so we didn't do anything. By the time my birthday came around, my parents usually forgot all about it and I wasn't one to remind them. I had one aunt who always remembered it, a month late. LOL As a result, I am not big on birthdays at all, it has always been just another day for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:48 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I try not to think about it until I'm filling out medical form. Then I'm like, "Yikes!"
I'm sorry you lost a year, Lorie. I think we all feel that way with the pandemic.
Maybe that is it. I am just rewriting last year because it sucked. But then I am going to have to rewrite this year, because it isn't much better. Heck, at this rate, I will be 54 forever!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:51 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton94 View Post
Lorie that stinks... I totally agree the number isn't important, but that would throw me for a loop Deflating, like you said you missed a year. I think it's because 2020 was so awful and just doesn't count!!!

I have to calculate my age all the time - thankfully I'm 1970, so it's pretty easy to quickly math it. LOL

AND you are so right, not everyone gets the privilege to grow older (((HUGS)))
Thanks, Krista. I am a lot better with it today, but boy as I get older, time gets away from me more and more. Time flies is a cliché for a good reason. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:52 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I try not to think about my age - it's only a number, right? I usually start telling myself my age several months before it happens - guess I have to ease into it.
I totally do this. I turn the next year when my brother and sister have their birthdays, so I should have been 55 already. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:55 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I never know how old I am either. I figure it out once a year near my birthday! I figure it's enough to keep how old all my girls are, I don't really care what my age is!

My bday was just last week, I had figured out my age, and when I got out the number candles, my oldest questioned me. So I had to figure it all out again! Turns out I was right!
LOL, kids! My son knows because I was almost 25 when I had him. At dinner he said to me, Mom I just turned 30, remember, and then I knew for sure. Things is I never forgot he was 30, which makes it even stranger that I was so sure I was going to be 54.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:57 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I know how old I am only because of my son’s age, I was 30 when he was born and my dad was almost 30 when I came around. So we are 54, almost 24 and almost 84.

I have lost a year though as I still want to write 2020.
LOL, it's funny that we keep track through our kids, isn't it? My mom was 19 when I was born and I was born in 66, so I never kept track through that math! LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-05-2021, 01:57 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
COVID YEAR DOESN'T COUNT!
Amen! Do over!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-05-2021, 02:18 AM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,696
Default

Lol!
We got married on New Year's Eve and it makes it so hard to get the number of years right because the math only works out for one day a year!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-05-2021, 08:46 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Have you ever experienced something like this where you are sure about something in your life, only to find out that you're wrong?
Mine was opposite. I commented that I couldn't believe I'd be 46 in a month. My husband asked if I had lost my mind. Turns out I was turning 45. I called myself 45 for most of the year when I was actually 44. Now I am 47. Can I be 44 again since I missed that year?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:59 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Mine was opposite. I commented that I couldn't believe I'd be 46 in a month. My husband asked if I had lost my mind. Turns out I was turning 45. I called myself 45 for most of the year when I was actually 44. Now I am 47. Can I be 44 again since I missed that year?
Yes, you sure can.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-06-2021, 09:19 AM
helptheold's Avatar
helptheold helptheold is offline
So Sweet
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 373
Default

LOL my birthday is in two weeks and I constantly have to do the math to remember that I'll be 44 not 45 like I keep thinking!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-06-2021, 10:45 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,853
Default

Oh yes!!! I'm terrible with age and can never remember it!

When I was pregnant with my son, I told them the ENTIRE pregnancy that I was 36 with put me in the "advanced maternal age" and "high risk" category - anything over 35 automatically put you in that category. I was flagged for everything including gestational diabetes as a precaution, which stunk pricking my finger just because of an age!! After I had my son and went to my post partum check-up several weeks later and had celebrated my birthday that they realized I was actually 35 my entire pregnancy and not AMA or high risk (I was because of problems with him, but not because of my age). They were like "how did you mess that up?' and I said "you are a doctor, who is supposed to be smarter than me, how did YOU mess that up?!?!"

I might have also celebrated a birthday thinking I was older than I was only to find out, I was actually a year younger than I thought I was....now I am only 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, etc because I can't seem to remember how old I really am any time someone asks me. I'm currently 45 and have been for a few years. I "think" I'm actually turning 45 next year?? Not sure though To me age is irrelevant once you turn 21
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-06-2021, 11:09 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,186
Default

I love how that happens...I get that too and my husband loves to remind me of it plus he is one year younger than me and he likes to remind me of that too. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,767
Default

My grandfather would always say he was "29" and holding. So I tell my kids I am "29" and holding. I have to do the math to figure it out...LOL I just don't care so I don't keep up. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:21 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helptheold View Post
LOL my birthday is in two weeks and I constantly have to do the math to remember that I'll be 44 not 45 like I keep thinking!
I think it's better when you think you're older because it is a pleasant surprise when you realize your actually younger. The other way around is not as much fun. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:25 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Oh yes!!! I'm terrible with age and can never remember it!

When I was pregnant with my son, I told them the ENTIRE pregnancy that I was 36 with put me in the "advanced maternal age" and "high risk" category - anything over 35 automatically put you in that category. I was flagged for everything including gestational diabetes as a precaution, which stunk pricking my finger just because of an age!! After I had my son and went to my post partum check-up several weeks later and had celebrated my birthday that they realized I was actually 35 my entire pregnancy and not AMA or high risk (I was because of problems with him, but not because of my age). They were like "how did you mess that up?' and I said "you are a doctor, who is supposed to be smarter than me, how did YOU mess that up?!?!"

I might have also celebrated a birthday thinking I was older than I was only to find out, I was actually a year younger than I thought I was....now I am only 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, etc because I can't seem to remember how old I really am any time someone asks me. I'm currently 45 and have been for a few years. I "think" I'm actually turning 45 next year?? Not sure though To me age is irrelevant once you turn 21
I can see how holding to 45 could work. I may try it when I turn 55. Just hold it until I am actually 60 and maybe even a little longer. LOL

I am not bothered by my age, I am bothered that I honestly forgot how old I was. When you watch a parent go through dementia, forgetting important stuff becomes a little more scary. My mom's dementia started in her 50's, so that is probably why I am freaked more than I maybe should be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:25 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,107
Default

I always have to think about it... then sometimes do the math... ugh... getting older sucks!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:25 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I love how that happens...I get that too and my husband loves to remind me of it plus he is one year younger than me and he likes to remind me of that too. LOL
My son is a year younger than his wife and he seldom mentions it or he gets "the look." LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:27 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
My grandfather would always say he was "29" and holding. So I tell my kids I am "29" and holding. I have to do the math to figure it out...LOL I just don't care so I don't keep up. LOL
LOL, I could go that route. My mom would say she was celebrating the 34th anniversary of her 21st birthday. Try doing that math every year. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-06-2021, 01:28 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I always have to think about it... then sometimes do the math... ugh... getting older sucks!
It sure does. I really don't like much that involves any kind of math!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-06-2021, 07:00 PM
HavaDrPepper's Avatar
HavaDrPepper HavaDrPepper is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
LOL, I could go that route. My mom would say she was celebrating the 34th anniversary of her 21st birthday. Try doing that math every year. LOL
Back in the 80's there was a female comedian that always put age that way only (if I remember right) she used 20 instead of 21. Made it easier to add. I thought it was hilarious and would joke about my age that way saying I was celebrating my 15th anniversary of my 20th birthday.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-06-2021, 07:13 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I always have to stop and count the years to remember how long we’ve been married...almost 24 years.
We hit 23 in May. I definitely have to stop and count that too. We have been together for almost 27 and I keep trying to add an extra year in there. We've known each other 32 years though, so it kind of all blurs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-07-2021, 12:48 PM
stephc777's Avatar
stephc777 stephc777 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,177
Default

I did this too - I rounded up and then realized when my birthday came around that I had been telling everyone who asked my age in the last year the age I was about to turn LOL Age just isn't as big a deal now that I am over 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
I never know how old I am until I figure out what year this is & do some math...I was a year off this year too, but I was skipping a year & thought I was a year older
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-07-2021, 04:03 PM
lovely1m's Avatar
lovely1m lovely1m is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,596
Default

My husband never remembers his age. He always needs to ask me. lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs – The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative