Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-19-2021, 01:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Organization

The other day I called our son just to chat, and he mentioned he was organizing their garage. I asked him if he enjoyed doing that sort of thing and he said "Yes, I think I got that from you". It made me stop and think that I really am a hard core organizer.

I organize everything from food in the pantry to personal items in the bathroom closet ... to our grandkiddos toys in their playroom. I like things neat, tidy AND organized. Truth be told, I even organize pens/pencils, markers etc by color! LOL.

Are you an organizer? Or not so much? ... I know lots of people that are not organized whatsoever, however; they know exactly where everything is ...
Old 09-19-2021, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is a hard one to answer. Yes, and no.

I love organizing and I feel so much better in a space that is organized and kept that way. However, I am also a perfectionist and if I can't do something perfectly, I don't want to do it at all. This leaves me with a mess sometimes. For example, if I don't have time to put my clothes away in the organized fashion that I prefer, I pile them on the dresser with the intention of organizing them properly later. Later might not come around for a few weeks.

Organizing things is also a slow process for me. It takes multiple iterations of something before I figure out what works best for me. It took living in our old house 8 years before knowing exactly where everything should go and how I wanted it orgnanized. It was great... right before we moved. We've been here 5 years and I feel like I'm constantly moving stuff around trying to find a better system. We are finally starting to get somewhere, I hope!

I'm much more organized at work than I am at home, but I am struggling a little this year. I'm in a new position this year. I went from having my own classroom space to a shared space with another person. I have so little storage and what storage I do have is a few shelves. I am struggling to find what works for me in this new space. I was in the other room for 8 years. I could walk in while it was dark and find exactly what I needed in 30 seconds or less. Now I am looking through piles on the bookcase to try and figure it out. I also have no plan time so I have kids back to back from breakfast through the end of the day other. Its hard to organize when there is no time to do so, I stay after almost every day until 5 or 6 (get off at 4) and I'm still not making a lot of progress.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am an organizer!!!!!
Everything in its place and a place for everything.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to know if my mom went into my bedroom as a kid if one of my little trinket had moved... so yeah... definitely an organizer haha

maybe a bit too much!
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
This is a hard one to answer. Yes, and no.

I love organizing and I feel so much better in a space that is organized and kept that way. However, I am also a perfectionist and if I can't do something perfectly, I don't want to do it at all. This leaves me with a mess sometimes. For example, if I don't have time to put my clothes away in the organized fashion that I prefer, I pile them on the dresser with the intention of organizing them properly later. Later might not come around for a few weeks.

Organizing things is also a slow process for me. It takes multiple iterations of something before I figure out what works best for me. It took living in our old house 8 years before knowing exactly where everything should go and how I wanted it orgnanized. It was great... right before we moved. We've been here 5 years and I feel like I'm constantly moving stuff around trying to find a better system. We are finally starting to get somewhere, I hope!

I'm much more organized at work than I am at home, but I am struggling a little this year. I'm in a new position this year. I went from having my own classroom space to a shared space with another person. I have so little storage and what storage I do have is a few shelves. I am struggling to find what works for me in this new space. I was in the other room for 8 years. I could walk in while it was dark and find exactly what I needed in 30 seconds or less. Now I am looking through piles on the bookcase to try and figure it out. I also have no plan time so I have kids back to back from breakfast through the end of the day other. Its hard to organize when there is no time to do so, I stay after almost every day until 5 or 6 (get off at 4) and I'm still not making a lot of progress.
I have to agree with you in that I feel better when things are organized. I think I would be stressed if I couldn't be organized at work.
We've lived in our home for 37 years and I still move stuff around when I'm (re)organizing - that drives my husband crazy!
Old 09-19-2021, 02:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I am an organizer!!!!!
Everything in its place and a place for everything.
My motto exactly!!
Old 09-19-2021, 02:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I used to know if my mom went into my bedroom as a kid if one of my little trinket had moved... so yeah... definitely an organizer haha

maybe a bit too much!
Never ever too much, is there?! LOL
Old 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im so sorry, y'all would cringe in my place. I literally could not care less and I no longer strive for perfection in pretty much anything I do lol, BUT I can NOT handle clutter. So neat but not organized
Old 09-19-2021, 09:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm also yes and no on this. Everything has a place, and its place is probably labeled. But like Sherri, when I don't have time to do it perfectly (and all at once) I just let things sit there until I get to them. It doesn't bother me at all to have piles of papers on the table or to pull clothes from a clean laundry basket instead of a drawer. So I guess I'm the opposite of Tanyia--I'm extremely organized but not neat!
Old 09-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I love organizing and all the containers and storage vessels that come with it. I try to get my possessions under control so there’s not a lot clutter, but shoes and jeans are my weaknesses.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It depends. If you ask most people I work with whether I'm organized, they would all say yes. I have a very rigorous method for cataloguing meeting notes, project plans and pretty much everything else. I frequently coach people on organization. At home, I'm moderately organized. Certain parts of the house are super organized with everything labeled and then there is the garage (see Tammy's thread, lol).
Old 09-19-2021, 11:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

it depends. I go through fits and starts. A little while ago I decided to organize my closet and have so far kept it up. I did the same with the front hall closet that contains coats, jackets, and shoes which was great as I got rid of a bunch of shoes and a few coats.

We did the basement a few years ago when my son decided to move there as he had more space for a bedroom, computer/work area and he created a sitting area. Things are now in bins and under the stairs. . . .getting the Christmas stuff out is a nightmare but thankfully I don't decorate too much. This brings up another point, I need to reorganize those bins.

I am organized at work though.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh I’m an organizer. So much so that my husband just calls and asks me where things are at and I can usually tell him within inches of its location….
Old 09-20-2021, 08:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am super organized at work, I have to because of my position.

At home I am organized, but not to the degree at work. I am working on getting things to the places/levels I want now that I am an empty nester and can do things my way. (Also, see the garage post. LOL)
Old 09-20-2021, 11:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Im so sorry, y'all would cringe in my place. I literally could not care less and I no longer strive for perfection in pretty much anything I do lol, BUT I can NOT handle clutter. So neat but not organized
If it doesn't bother you - then it ought not bother another single soul !!
Old 09-20-2021, 11:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
I love organizing and all the containers and storage vessels that come with it. I try to get my possessions under control so there’s not a lot clutter, but shoes and jeans are my weaknesses.
Oh yea! I love the organizing vessels! LOL! Finding the perfect receptacle is half of the fun of organizing! When I did paper scrapping, I loved organizing and reorganzing all of the goodies!
Old 09-20-2021, 11:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
It depends. If you ask most people I work with whether I'm organized, they would all say yes. I have a very rigorous method for cataloguing meeting notes, project plans and pretty much everything else. I frequently coach people on organization. At home, I'm moderately organized. Certain parts of the house are super organized with everything labeled and then there is the garage (see Tammy's thread, lol).
Being organized work-wise is something I do as well ... I can be a lot more productive if I'm organized!
Old 09-20-2021, 11:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywisecrafts View Post
Oh I’m an organizer. So much so that my husband just calls and asks me where things are at and I can usually tell him within inches of its location….
Diddo!!
Old 09-20-2021, 01:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love organizing! It makes me happy to have things neat and tidy. That being said, I have SO much stuff laying around. There aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done. You'd think a year and a half after moving, I'd have it all together, but nope... piles, piles and more piles!
Old 09-20-2021, 01:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Honestly, we all have different things that are important to us. If being organized is not important to you, then it shouldn't bother anyone else!
Old 09-20-2021, 01:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
I love storage containers, too!!
All my Christmas/Halloween decoration containers are numbered, and I have a list of what is in each container so that I know which box I need.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Does organized chaos work!? LOL I have some organization but I am ADD as well and I have kids too. My pantry is organized and labeled, I try to organize the fridge too but kids, hubby it can get out of hand. Kids room, forget it. I try but nope. A teen and preteen...I am just thankful nothing is growing or living in there with them...esp the teen. Hubby is pretty good about "cleaning" but not organizing.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I like things organized, everyone else in my house seems to like chaos. It's a neverending battle.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I love storage containers, too!!
All my Christmas/Halloween decoration containers are numbered, and I have a list of what is in each container so that I know which box I need.
WOW! now THAT takes organized to a whole other level!! Love it!!
Old 09-20-2021, 05:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
WOW! now THAT takes organized to a whole other level!! Love it!!
LOL! It makes life so much easier when it's time to decorate!
Old 09-20-2021, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I am a mix. I know where things are, and they are organized to my liking. But sometimes, my husband will come along behind me and reclean/organize things that I just did.

I enjoy finding creative spaces to store and keep things, and I'm great at piling or stacking things to give us more space. I need to deep clean my pantry and my freezer but I don't have any motivation to do that right now.