Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I had my baby girl!

Some of you already know but I had my baby super early! I'm not complaining, I was feeling so done with this pregnancy.

Anyway, Leonie (middle name Juliette) came into the world in the comfort of our home. Water broke Friday night at 20:24 (8:20PM) and she was born Saturday at 00:20 (12:20 AM). It was a dream birth since my first baby was a breech cesarean, my second was a VBAC at the hospital, and my third was finally what I had hoped and dreamed for my other two.

Only problem was she was only at 36 weeks and 6 days of gestation. So just under the 37 weeks cut off for preemie. Her lungs weren't fully developed and she had a bit of a hard time breathing. It was a choice to get her to the hospital just to be safe. And she and I have been there ever since. She has reached some milestones and is well on her way home but we need her to kick that jaundice asap and get more hungry so she can breastfeed fully. Thing is they keep giving her a full meal through her feeding tube after I try breastfeeding her so she's never hungry enough to wake up fully. They expect babies to wake up on the clock every 3 hours to eat but everybody is different and in my opinion she could just eat what she wants when she wants. I told the nurse and she agrees but higher up said not yet... frustrating!

My two girls at home are missing me and I get to see them but outside of the hospital because of measles outbreak in the area and only for 30 minutes at a time. My oldest (4) is sad, my middle one (2) is just mad at me and that makes it hard for my husband to deal with them. But he's been a great father and has been home to care for them ever since and I'm grateful that his job allows him the paternal leave (and paid on top of that!!!)

And I can stay at the hospital and be fed for free because they need my milk for baby.

Alright I have to go and see what's new in the forum before I have to see baby again.