Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I am a SwagBucks Failure

I have been using this thing for like a month and i have NEVER won any points. I go to the website Jennifer showed me to get codes, and that is where all my points come from.

I use Chrome, so I can't download the toolbar, right? I changed my options so that swagbucks is my search engine, but whenever I do searches, nothing special happens, and I feel like a failure. {sniff sniff}

Can someone give me a step by step on this thing?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you using the Search like you would Google? That's how I get my points mostly...from searching for things I would normally google.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel like a failure too... but it's because I forget to use it to search and i don't like the toolbar... so it's my own fault.... but I have still failed.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

What the heck are swagbucks? LOL
Old 04-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Where is Nikki (Hawkins) when you need her???? She is the Swag queen!

I have used the swag tool bar to do my internet searches like I use to with Google. I have been at it for a month or so and almost have 450 bucks! I haven't been looking on the blog, twitter or facebook for codes though. I really need to buckle down and get it moving a little faster. What I really need is referrals!!! Nikki is banking it with those!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindys732003 View Post
What the heck are swagbucks? LOL
Seriously.....Go bug Nikki Hawkins about it. She really knows her swag bucks! LOL

Here is the website to get the general idea....
http://swagbucks.com
Old 04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I have been doing it a few months and have earned a little over 1,000 swag bucks which means I've earned $10 worth of Amazon gift cards and am working towards a new one. I have zero referals

I get almost all of mine using the toolbar. I just do my "normal" searches, but I'll admit to doing a few erroneous searches a day, randomly, just to see if I can dig up any bucks. During my random searches I look up stuff I'd like to know, like the weather, or what's on tv tonight, so it's not a complete waste of time.

I know I could do a LOT better with referals but don't really know where to go from here with it!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have earned about 1000 or so. I have like 1 referral but the person didnt download the toolbar and doesnt use it to search so I dont think I get anything from that referral. I did order a paypal gift card and still have not gotten it though. Not sure how long it is supposed to take. I think its been like three weeks.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Where is Nikki (Hawkins) when you need her???? She is the Swag queen!

I have used the swag tool bar to do my internet searches like I use to with Google. I have been at it for a month or so and almost have 450 bucks! I haven't been looking on the blog, twitter or facebook for codes though. I really need to buckle down and get it moving a little faster. What I really need is referrals!!! Nikki is banking it with those!
I swear, that worthless Nikki. She's probably off sleeping since it's like 10:30 her time, just so she can get up and do all the laundry house keeping, dinner making, child caring, etc before the rest of us wake up in the morning. She kills me. ; )

So listen you just do your regular searches through swagbucks and get points? Or do you like sit and think of random things to search until you earn points?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

LOL Kellie! Yes, Nikki is like the Martha Stewart of SSD (I mean that in a good way Nikki...we are all jealous of you pb cake )

I swear, I am so behind the times it is embarassing LOL
Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've tried to think of random things to search but it's almost like it knows, lol!! I never win anything when I do that.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep. I downloaded the toolbar and just do my "normal" searches each day. I haven't sat there and just thought up stuff to search to see if I get anything. I should probably do that every once in a while though just to rack up some more bucks.

And I am all for giving Nikki a hard time! She is a tough cookie, she can take it! LOL
Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I swear, that worthless Nikki. She's probably off sleeping since it's like 10:30 her time, just so she can get up and do all the laundry house keeping, dinner making, child caring, etc before the rest of us wake up in the morning. She kills me. ; )

So listen you just do your regular searches through swagbucks and get points? Or do you like sit and think of random things to search until you earn points?
Oh it is 10:30 my time too but I got to stay up! The shoppe will have new releases in just 30 minutes!!! LOL I can't wait another moment! I have to shop it RIGHT when the new products hit it. LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

So glad to see this thread. I've been wondering what swagbucks were. I was going to google it...or ask you, Tara, now I don't have to!!
I'm such a googler. I oughta get something out of the deal!!
I can be someone's referral...ya'll can fight over it (but I will say Tara will probably win...she knows too much dirt
Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randa View Post
So glad to see this thread. I've been wondering what swagbucks were. I was going to google it...or ask you, Tara, now I don't have to!!
I'm such a googler. I oughta get something out of the deal!!
I can be someone's referral...ya'll can fight over it (but I will say Tara will probably win...she knows too much dirt
I better win!!!!! You would be in so much trouble. Oh....that would of been bad! Yep, too much dirt and I have invested too much time. Love ya! Sending you a referral right now!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've seen so much lately about swagbucks - definitely something I want to learn more about!

Old 04-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm LOVING Swagbucks!! I've cashed in $80 in amazon cards already - and I just joined in December The biggest secret to getting tons of bucks fast is referrals (that are active. Getting them to be active usually just takes them seeing you get lots of bucks - it motivates them to do it every day). Because of my referrals - I average around 75-100 bucks a day.

For searching... it really is random. For example - I've only won bucks from searching once today. I usually get it at least twice (but then, the day isnt' over yet). I search once in the morning (and I just search anything -- I don't think it honestly matters, but I do try to make it something I'd really look up). Sometimes I'll misspell it on purpose so that it asks me "Did you mean..." and it will give me another search. Then I'll check each of the results pages and maybe the image results too. If I don't have any bucks by then - then I call it good for an hour or two. I try to do this three/four times a day (basically when I wake up, when I put my son down for a nap, and maybe around dinner time, and usually once before I go to bed). There's no tricks to getting it other than just using it like you would google (don't use it too much - over searching can get your account deactivated)...

I use the tool bar -- it helps me remember to search. I also have my account hooked up to my facebook -- it gets my results out there for others to see and helps me get referrals (I have 12 referrals - 7 of them are active). I have friends that also have their account hooked into their facebook - so everytime they win during a search, or find a code -- it's a little reminder that I need to search real quick, or that there's a code out.

Oops -- I just wrote a novel, lol. Sorry -- but I'm SO happy with Swagbucks! I'm saving for a camera, and I'm just shy of 200$ - 80$ is thanks go Swagbucks!

Last edited by Jen22; 04-17-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I just started the other day and just have looked at their blog for clues on what to search for. I hadn't checked today yet, so I saw they have several things you can enter a raffle for. So i used those things as ideas to search for. Searched apple, macbook, external hard drive, and then when I searched Chilis I got 12 swagbucks. I'm no expert obviously but it has seemed to work so far because that is how I've gotten them all so far.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Kellie -

I don't do anything special. I have the swagbucks plug in for Chrome, which makes my primary search engine Swagbucks instead of google. I just use it to do searches throughout the day, for whatever I'd normally use google for, unless I'm doing some major searching, then I go to google (just typing in google.com to actually get to google then searching). I didn't bother with the toolbar because I don't like that kind of stuff.

I've earned about $120 in Amazon cards since I started back in Oct/Nov. I get points all during the day, but on no particular schedule. My husband said he has problems getting search points, too, and quit pretty quickly because it was a pain for him. But I know it's easy to just plug in ANYTHING in the search bar during the day that you're on and going for it.

I won't say that your location might hinder you if they have scheduled times throughout the day when they release those points. I don't know how random the point generator is, but it should be fairly random, however, I do happen to see friends on FB all getting search points at about the same time, so it might not be completely random during the day, if that makes sense?

If you have the widget, that helps, too. I just have mine in my google reader and use it at odd times. Do you have Swagbucks as your friend on FB? And do you have Engineered for a Debt Free Life as a FB friend? That's where I get all my extra codes during a day - they always post that there's a code available.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Swagbucks was a pain for me, too. But this post is giving me some ideas to make it easier - Thanks everybody!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah8914 View Post
I feel like a failure too... but it's because I forget to use it to search and i don't like the toolbar... so it's my own fault.... but I have still failed.
This is me too... If I remember to use it... also I just don't surf that much.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Rebecca -

Often I'll just plug in stuff...websites I normally visit, random words..just stuff to try to get the search codes.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I go to sleep for a few hours and everyone starts talking about me...I knew my ears were burning this morning for some reason! lol!

Okay..yes I'm a swagbucks nut lol...the biggest way to rack up bucks is to get referrals (ahem so if you want to click the link in my siggie and use mine I wouldn't mind that at all lol) anyway, I have 11 active referrals (Jessica was my best one but she's capped out on me...the limit is 1000 bucks per referral.

So that's where MOST of my bucks come from. You also want the swidget downloaded somewhere (i put mine on my igoogle homepage) so that you can check it for code hints. Download the toolbar b/c they give codes through it periodically and be sure to check the blog and facebook page during the day.

As far as searching goes this is my method. I don't use it for my normal searching..for that I use google...Usually when I'm doing my morning internet rounds I will start a search in swagbucks...literally it doesn't matter what you search for...every day I type in "google" in my search bar and then every few minutes I will go back to the search results page again and click "try again" usually after the first 3-5 times I'll win. Once you win DON'T search again for several hours...I've learned you are more likely to win if you space your wins by about 8-9 hours at least. I know they say the more you search the better your chances but I've not found it to be true. I search about 2 times a day until I get a win - and I usually win 15-20 swagbucks a day just from searching.

Also visit their "special offers" page...you just have to click through the offers..not fill out anything and you can win between 1-3 bucks a day that way..not much but every little buck counts

Still the key is referrals...the more the better...I have my account linked to facebook so anytime I win it automatically posts the win on fb and then people can click your referral link from there...I've gotten several referrals that way and then a lot from here when we were talking about this a few weeks ago...which btw THANK YOU!!! ♥ my referrals!

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 04-17-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I posted this on fb yesterday..it's a screen shot of the past month and a half of gift cards I've won...50 dollars in a that time...in all since I started swagbucks last fall I've earned over 100 dollors in gift cards...it's not going to make me rich lol..but who doesn't love free stuff? The good thing about the amazon cards is you can bank them in your account at amazon and use them how ever you want.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Oh! OH! I need referrals!! LOLOL!!

http://swagbucks.com/refer/ColleenSwerb

Yea, I'm all about swagbucks. I search similar to Nikki. I go for 3 times a day or so. I search totally random things. I've found that the more specific your searches, sometimes the better the chances. I retry my searches 3-4 times in succession, and if I don't win I try another search, and repeat. If 2 or 3 searches like that don't get me a win, I leave it and come back to it a little while later. Of course this works for me because I spend my days sitting at a computer at work.
I do the special offers thing as often as I can remember. I have Swagbucks and Engineer a Debt Free Life as friends on FB and earn free codes like that multiple days a week.

Ijust got my 3rd Amazon giftcard, so that's $15 in 6 weeks or so. I just need to get more referrals
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am sorry I haven't made you a swag-millionaire Kellie!

I usually win from searches 1-3 times a day. I sometimes use the search instead of my bookmarks, so I would just type "Sweet Shoppe Designs" in and use the link to get to the forum.

I also follow on of the cheat sites that posts the codes when they are out PM me if you want a link to it.

If anyone is interested in signing up here is my referral link - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennstar82 and just PM me if you need any pointers.

I have racked up $60 in Amazon GCs and $15 in PayPal cash since January!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:38 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I love Swagbucks too!!! I've earned about $25 in Amazon GC's in about two or three months! I haven't spent them yet, but I'm making big plans!

Of course, I'd love more referrals! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ltarbox

Old 04-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I mostly just do the search at random a couple times a day until I get some points doing it. Sometimes I hit up the blog and things but I get frustrated trying to track down codes hidden in websites so most of my points are search ones. I make about $10 a month in Amazon gift cards

I have no referals but I'd dear love some! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Stacey42
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ummm,i get swagbucks everyday, sometimes more than once just for having the tool bar. i don't even use the search, i just have it up there, lol. i have 304 bucks! of course all the really cool stuff cost like thousands. so in about 4 years maybe i'll have enough to get something neat, lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think Swagbucks only works for residents of the US, Canada & UK so that could be the problem Kellie, so even though you are from the US but since you don't currently live here it might not work.

I've been using it over a year now and regularly win enough points to get several Amazon gift cards each month. But I only have 4 referrals (of which only two are active earners) but I don't really try to recruit new members much.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I looooooovvvveeeee Swagbucks! I'm sure some of my FB friends are tired of seeing, "Megan won 17 SBs searching the web" or "Megan just snagged a free $5 Amazon GC from the Swag Store."

I usually win through searching 2x a day... sometimes 3x a day. I am guilty of putting in random searches... whatever word pops into my head. lol I use the toolbar too and go through the no obligation special offers like Nikki once a day as well. I also visit the special offers and click on the videos tab on wall 1 and watch their little videos - a couple SBs each. I usually just turn my sound off and play a video and walk away to do something else so I don't actually have to watch their obnoxious advertisements.

But really, referrals are the biggest tool. Anyone is welcome to use my referral link too. I joined Swagbucks last month and it took me about a week and a half to earn a $5 Amazon GC without referrals. I currently have 27 referrals and now I earn enough points for an Amazon GC in TWO DAYS! I'd say half of my referrals are active. You can only redeem 5 of each prize per month, and I've already redeemed five $5 Amazon GCs so I'll have to save up for a larger Amazon card.

How to get more referrals: make sure you connect SBs with FB and your friends will see when you win and when you redeem prizes. Every now and then post your referral link with a little blurb about how awesome SBs is. If you have a blog, blog about it and explain how it works to your readers. Put their referral banners on your blog(s) if you got them.

It's seriously fun. Love it. I'm saving up to get a new lens for my camera.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty much brand new to SB.. just joined last week! Here is my refer link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/tborntreger I hope I can earn a few goodies!! Thanks for all the info ladies. (and Sir)

Theresa's Addiction

Siggy created with Girl Crazy by Melissa Bennett.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trixie Scraps Send a message via Skype™ to Trixie Scraps

I have to try this again... I had started using it, but to be honest, I hate the search engine. The results are NOWHERE near as good as Google's are, in my opinion... and I guess I didn't feel like I was earning bucks fast enough to make giving up Google worth it.

But, reading through this thread... I think I should probably try again... y'all are earning some nice things with your swag! lol
Old 04-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie Scraps View Post
I have to try this again... I had started using it, but to be honest, I hate the search engine. The results are NOWHERE near as good as Google's are, in my opinion... and I guess I didn't feel like I was earning bucks fast enough to make giving up Google worth it.

But, reading through this thread... I think I should probably try again... y'all are earning some nice things with your swag! lol
I would suggest not actually using it as a replacement for Google. Just use it real quick to try to get some bucks. If you get bucks - just move onto Google. If you don't get any bucks, move onto Google anyways so you don't get flagged for over searching. Keep things at Swagbucks random and light - not TONS of searching all at once.

Don't give it up! I got mine. Got a few bucks. Then forgot about it. It was a few weeks before I started back into it (because I kept seeing all these people on Facebook getting bucks and thought - they're getting them, so I should be able to too)... I'm SO glad I did
Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

{sob} Mimi signed up under me, but I didn't get any credit for it. Swagbucks hates me.

Maybe Sheana is right, but if it doesn't shower me with points when I return to the States this summer, I am quitting.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
{sob} Mimi signed up under me, but I didn't get any credit for it. Swagbucks hates me.

Maybe Sheana is right, but if it doesn't shower me with points when I return to the States this summer, I am quitting.
You don't get credit for them signing up (they'll get 30 bucks for signing up - but you won't get a copy of that). What you get is a copy of every buck they get while searching - up to their first 1000 bucks.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Yeah - I haven't given up Google for my normal searches. I do a bunch of searches on Swagbucks everyday to get some bucks, but for most of my internet searches, I still use Google.

None of my FB friends care enough to actually sign up. I've had a few people ask me about it, but none of them have signed up. I'm really wishing for more referrals. I think I'm saving up for a Kindle.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Swagbucks!! I just cashed in my 3rd $5.00 Amazon G/C and I have only been seriously doing this since March. I have 4 referrals but only 3 are active.

Here is my link

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
oh well that sucks
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have an account, but I always forget to use it to search.