Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Weight Watchers weigh in for week of 5/20 to 5/26

Last week was an amazing week for ya'll for losses and I am so excited for ya!! Loved my weigh in today, I am down 3.4 lbs for a total of 23.4 lbs so far!!! I got back on tracking my points like crazy this week so I know that helped. Looking to hopefully hit my 25 lb next week. Good luck with your weigh ins this week ladies, can't wait to see your numbers!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Melissa!!! You are absolutely incredible! Congratulations on your loss.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm down 2.6 lbs this week, which is good since I was up last week. Now if I can just keep this downward trend going...

Melissa, that's awesome!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Woot Kiki!! Awesome job on the loss!!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Good job Melissa and Kiki! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you'll hit the 25 lb mark this week, Melissa.

We all got hit with a stomach bug this week, and I was hoping it would translate into even more weight loss. LOL. I'm pretty sure I had lost about 4 lbs at one point. But, of course, it was all water weight and just came back once my body felt better.

Overall, it was still a good week, though. I lost 2 lbs exactly. My total loss is 15.6, so that was a good milestone to hit this week.

Keep it up, everyone!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

congrats ladies!! awesome work!!

i lost 1.5 lbs this week, which was pretty good for my first week back after the BLR. plus, the entire house has been sick this week (at various times) - so i didn't get to exercise AT ALL and my food choices were only so-so. i'm hoping to really track well this week, and at least get some workouts in (as soon as i get over my strep throat - argghhh) ...

so my total so far is 13.5/3 weeks ...

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio

Last edited by dana; 05-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Lydia and Dana, congrats on those losses!! They are awesome numbers!! Sorry to hear about the sickies going around your houses. Hope you all are feeling better soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Kiki, Lydia and Dana!!! You had AMAZING results. I'll let you know tomorrow how I do!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I lost 1/2 pound! Holy cow.....this is SLOW going for me. I walked two miles last night and hope to walk again tonight. Maybe I can lose more than 1/2 pound next week! LOL!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That is still a loss Kjersti!! Congrats and slow loss is the best way to lose weight, cause then it will stay off better.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hi Ladies. So I just joined WW on Monday. I had great success with it 8 years ago when I lost about 35 lbs. Despite keeping it off pretty well following two pregnancies, one of them twins, a good 25 lbs have crept back on over the last couple years. Blah! I've been looking for my motivation to get it together for the last 8 or so months and finally just had to do something. I joined online again.

So now I'm finding myself almost paralyzed. It was easy to be on plan when it was just me and my husband around. I lost 35 lbs in about 4 1/2 months. Now I have 3 little mouths to feed and they have introduced all kinds of bad stuff into my pantry, fridge and freezer! It's everywhere and it's so much harder now! So this is my third day and while I've been on track with my points, I'm struggling. It's lunch time and I'm avoiding it because it's easier to not eat at all than it is to fail. Yikes! That's just short term - I don't have eating issues. I do have laziness issues, LOL. It just requires some planning and learning how the new points plus works. So far it has taken me way too long to figure out what I'm going to eat each meal. Last night's dinner was a full on research assignment! Can I afford this leftover Chipotle guacamole? Is there room for the frozen spicy breaded chicken in my point budget? (Yes and yes on both accounts! But sadly not for the delicious Chipotle chips tempting me so.)

Ok. I'm off to find something to fuel me. I can do this. Any pointers?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the weight loss this week everyone....

Angie...you can do it...stick with it...I lost weight about 8 years ago too before I had my son...it was much easier then...I could cook for 1 and I had time to go to the gym (without the guilt of not spending time with my son)...but that being said you can do it...it may just take more effort now

Ok well this week I gained 1lb...which was ok because last week I was sick (and didn't eat for 3 days) and lost 6lbs so I was expecting a gain. I'm down 10.8lbs so far...Now that I'm feeling somewhat better I need to start exercsing...that is such a dirty word in my world but I'm going to really try hard because I know in order for me to lose weight I have to exercise...wish me luck
Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Angie I completely understand. When I lost before my son 7 years ago, my husband was doing Atkins at the same time. Dinner was usually a chicken breast for me and some kind of meat for him on the grill paired with steamed veggies. That will just not work for a 7-yr-old every night and the hubby is not into the no-carb thing much anymore.

I've slowly just been modifying our normal meals to include more veggies or using lower fat ingredients. We do have some meals though (like tonight...homemade calzones) where it takes up most of my daily points. I just compensate with lots of fruits and veggies at breakfast and lunch.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Rachelle, you can do it for the exercise!! Once you get in the routine of it, it isn't so bad. Angie, I have learned to cook healthier and smaller portions for the whole family, so that has helped me. When they do want something else, I just resort to making myself something different. They have been really good about working with me on this. Once you get it down to a system it will go much better.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Great losses this week everyone! Congratulation on hitting those great numbers.

Angie, I've been doing this since January so I kinda know the points of the foods I like to eat now. I have the same thing for breakfast almost everyday, Special K Vanilla Almond, because I love it and it fills me up. I also usually have a salad for lunch, but mine is a great salad with romaine, baby bella mushrooms, green peas, cucumbers, dried cranberries, a little ham, and a 1/4 a cup of cottage cheese. I use a little no fat italian dressing and I enjoy it each day. People at work eye my salad all the time. lol

Dinner is where I change things up a bit, but I always serve at least two veggies and/or fresh fruit with our protein. I do include some carbs, but really limit my intake there. We eat a lot of turkey and chicken, but will have red meat and lean pork once a week. I also do a meatless meal on friday, usually homemade light banana walnut pancakes with fat free syrup because it is quick and easy and satisfies my sweet tooth. I tell my mother and son both that they are welcome to eat the meals I make or cook something for themselves as they are grown adults. They usually eat what I make and seem to be happy with it. Of course it could be because they are too lazy to cook. lol

When I first started WW I did a lot of menu planning to learn what worked and what we enjoyed. Now I have about 10 go to dinners that I usually rotate through during a two week period, which makes shopping and planning meals so much easier. Losing weight is a lot of work, but it is worth it.

Now, I gotta ask what is it with stretch jeans? I've lost 45+ pounds and need some new jeans, but everything seems to be stretch. I carry my weight in my lower half, so stretching anything across that is not flattering. Because I am tall, I usually order my jeans on line, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money for what I hope are transition britches. So where does a still chunky, tall girl go for a regular pair of jeans that don't cost an arm and a leg??
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh you guys have awesome advice! I cannot wait to get in the groove of it and have my go to's...it makes life easier.

Well this week I lost 1 LBS but I also lost 6 inches! Woohoo! That is so exciting...so I am at 4.6 LBS lost...almost there to the 5LBS mark...next week next week!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mari, congrats on your loss!!! Awesome numbers!! Woot!!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the support everyone and congrats on all your losses! I picked my weigh in day to be Friday so we'll see what a difference 4 days makes instead of a week.

Lorie - About a year ago I discovered Levi's 529 Curvy fit jeans, which do have the stretch material, but fit me much better than most jeans out there. I have let's say "generous" thighs and butt so maybe this style would fit you too. Last time I couldn't find them in a store, but ordered them on-line from Kohl's. I don't know anything about tall - I'm 5'2" - but these are particularly long on me compared to a lot of other regular sized pants.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Great job Mari! That 5 lb loss is in the bag, girl!

Thanks for the suggestion Angie, I will check them out.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 05-24-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Woot! Another -2.2 lbs this week. Down 25.0 lbs total!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMW Tracy!!! Congrats...that is so amazing!

thanks guys for the cheering on! We can do it we can do it! lol
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Tracy!

Mari, the support is priceless, isn't it.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh Tracy!! You hit the 25 lb mark!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! So happy for you and your loss was awesome!! Congrats. I am PRAYING that my PMS and the holiday weekend do not kill my loss for this week. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It is official! I lost 3.5 lbs this week which bring my total up to 50.4 lbs since January 1st! I am at the halfway mark for my 2012 goal! If all the exclamation marks weren't a big enough hint, let me just say that I am obnoxiously excited and unseemingly proud of myself. I am off to get a mani pedi to celebrate and maybe do a little shopping as my jeans are still hanging off my not so big as it was butt! Thanks to all of you for helping me hit the halfway point!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Lorie! That is AMAZING! You deserve a mani/pedi treat for sure!! Huge congrats to you!!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lorie - Halfway is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Thanks everyone for your comments and support. Here's hoping we all have good weeks after the holiday. (I know I'll be using all my extra points since most of them are already gone after today)

Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh Lorie, you are a ROCK STAR!!!!!! Congrats, I am so happy for you!! Awesome numbers this week!!