Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Any suggestions where to start with PSE?

My trial of PSE ended so I purchased the full version and I am a bit overwhelmed.

I used to use Microsoft Picture It (I don't know anyone who used it, but I liked that it was pretty easy to use, well I had used it since 2001.)

I wasn't sure of good places for classes. My idea is to start with some hybrid projects, like the backpack, crayon, baby and paint can templates by Heather Roselli and then do big brother t-shirt transfers for my boys.

I wasn't even sure if I needed a class to start, but could use some help of how to start...thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Mom to three cheeky boys, 12, 7, 6 and Baby girl made her arrival May 13, 2011!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure about the best places for classes. I know ScrapGirls and some other sites offer them, but I've never tried them. Maybe others here can chime in.

I have two tutorials on my blog meant to be 'starter' tutorials. Creating Your First Page in PSE will introduce you to the basic tools using a quick page. Using Layered Templates in PSE will take you through the process of using a template which will come in handy if you want to use some of the hybrid templates out there.

If you try either and get stuck, just let me know.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I learned by buying a book on the program I was using. I use PSP XI mostly but also have X3. I recently got PSE 9 because I wanted to be able to use actions on my photos and picked up a book to learn about it. It has similar tools to PSP so Im not completely lost but it is different enough that itll take me awhile to get used to it. I suggest doing a google search for what you specifically want to learn and then just messing around with every option PSE has in its program to learn how to do stuff. I also did that with PSP and am doing it with PSE. I still like PSP better but like the actions for PSE so Ill probably use both.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Started with PSE and still default to it when CS5 overwhelms me... wonderful program!

Misty's tutorials *above* are a great place to start

Linda Stattgast at Scrappers Guide is a fabulous teacher, although her style is not mine... link here... her CDs are bundled with PSE at Costco

Design House Digital has technique tutorials for both PSE and Photoshop

More expensive tutorials can be found at Jessica Sprague, bigpictureclasses , etc.

Sahlin Studio had some more great free and other tutorial links in her blog post here .

Hope that helps! Have fun!