Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default how's your day?

ok, it's february. i hate february. we spend most of the month in grayness and well, it makes me ick.
SOOOO, tell me what's the weather like where you are?
what's one good thing that's happened to you today (i realize, it's early, you don't have to answer that yet)?
do you drink coffee?
what's your favorite snack?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's 8:44 am right now. But despite my BLAH mood there is some good stuff. The good things that happened to me today so far...
DH let me sleep in until 8:00. This nice hot delish coffee in front of me right now.
My beautiful kids sitting and playing together nicely.

But, yeah... I totally know how you feel. And it's perfectly gorgeous and sunny outside right now, so it has nothing to do with February. Because that's one of the best months in Florida. I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep last night and thoughts just kept coming to me... feeling like I'm failing, falling short, never can catch up. It's an awful sinking feeling. Hopefully I can shake it today.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I dislike winter in general... February is okay for me, since it's one month closer to spring... now, January - that is my least favorite month...

Weather - we are in mid of a snow situation (as the weather guy called it).... we had ice over night so everything is iced covered and slippery and we are to get 3 more inches of snow today... uck - so ready for winter to be done!

Good Thing - hmm... yeah, too early yet for that, I've only been up for 2 hours... haha

Coffee? - Oh, that would be my good thing... I think I'll go make some coffee... yum!

Snack? - I have recently become obsessed with celery and hummus as a snack... can't get enough of it! And navel oranges... have to have one at least once a day...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

February..... Not a good month for me. My Mom and Dad's birthday were in February. Also the month my Mom went to Heaven. Good memories tho but also really bad ones.

It is wet this morning. And gray and dismal and depressing.

I've only been up an hour. But the coffee is good. DH was off work yesterday and he's at work today, Thank God! DGD is at school so I have the house to myself.

No snacks but I do plan on making a Texas Peanut Butter sheet Cake today.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

what's one good thing that's happened to you today ?
I woke up fine after what could have been a really horrible accident - just being stiff and bruised, but nothing seriously wrong.

do you drink coffee? Tea

what's your favorite snack?
Healthy? Homemade trail mix sans fruit
Not Healthy? chips
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's been warm the past couple of days..pretty typical for us in February..it seems like our spring starts earlier every year. My early spring flowers are already blooming and my Japanese Magnolia.

So far today the best thing was being able to get Avery off to school with no drama. He's been in a mood this week that has not been fun.

Coffee - oh yes.

Snacks - right now since I'm back on WW I'm loving these huge naval oranges that are so sweet and good
What I'd really like to do though is bury my face in a box of valentine chocolates

Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

good morning!
i am so done with the cold weather! i am ready for warmth and Spring!
i am enjoying my coffee and anticipate a Starbucks Latte later
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Weather is kind of hazy and cool...the haze should burn off eventually. I love winter as long as there is snow. This is our second winter on the east coast and I hate the fact that we rarely get snow!

Good thing...I slept until 9:00. Oh wait, I do that pretty much everyday...

Not a coffee girl, but love the smell. Today's beverage of choice is cran-apple juice.

Fave snack...well pregnancy changes everything, but lately I've been plowing through the corn chex.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Weather is definately dreary here today! I think there is a rumor of ice and or snow tonight as well! Blargh! Yesterday was almost 60 and sunny, making me so ready for spring! Kids are up early considering how poorly they slept last night, so I'm sure it's gonna be a grumpy day! Thankfully I do have coffee (unlike yesterday when I spilled my whole cup WHILE I WAS MAKING IT....seriously, how does that even happen?! And I always fill my cup before the pot is done, so as I add to it throughout the morning, it's stays strong....so needless to say my coffee was watery...blech!)

aka Chaoticlilshadow
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's dreary and rainy here in Mid-western Illinois today...I don't love it but I also realize its the pay off for Spring up in here...LOL

One good thing...I have been working on paperwork...which means I can text at will a little more...so I've had some fun texting conversations with my bestie already today...although I think at this very moment she must have fallen back to sleep...LOL

Favorite snack? I never have one favorite...I seem to go in shifts...right now and for the last two weeks I have been craving ice cream terribly...I polished off a half gallon over the weekend...and had a Frosty from Wendy's last night!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

i had a sweet day this far. cuddling with pets, sunny outside (although it's still cold here). got lots of inspiration from the internet.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

SOOOO, tell me what's the weather like where you are?

The weather is winter.. but we usually get blue skies here so I can't complain

what's one good thing that's happened to you today (i realize, it's early, you don't have to answer that yet)?

I'm not sure if this fits but its one of the nicest things I've seen done for someone in quite some time.. I watched this video and bawled my eyes out:

http://www.kgbx.com/pages/CherylKaye...ticle=10769134

do you drink coffee? I haven't for a week today.. stopping for a bit till I get some health things cleared up. I.MISS.IT.

what's your favorite snack? Snyders butter snaps. lol
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to despise February, but now that I live in Arizona, it is one of the best months. Today, it's sunny and will get to the mid-70s, so definitely a bonus there.

One good thing? Both my kids are sick, so I didn't have to drive anyone to school this morning. How's that for the silver lining?

I most definitely drink coffee.

My favorite snack is roasted almonds.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well my day hasn't gotten off to a good start - lol. Woke up at 3:30 with the worst head cold (have felt it coming on for a few days) and had to go sleep in the recliner because lying down was just too painful

I also hate February - here it can mean an early spring with nice weather or it can be like it is today - about zero with 20 mph winds making it feel like -30 but it is bright and sunny, which makes it seem really deceiving And we're preparing for one of the worst blizzards we've seen in several years to hit tomorrow night and Saturday.

One good thing that happened today - I was able to take today off from work, and I was able to make it to the store to get some Mucinex and Ricola cough drops

I hate coffee with a hatred that is pretty deep - LOL

My favorite snack right now is crackers with my homemade roasted garlic and roasted pepper hummus
Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

weather: freaking freezing rain.
thing happen to me: we finally got approval for the Daisy meetings
coffee? DUH!!!!
snack: (they just retired them... what?!?!?!)

Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

the weather - 37 and grey & cloudy

something good - It would take too long to explain but I am, in a semi-uncharitable sort of way, enjoying a certain work task that will result a "Told you so!" going out to some people who kind of have it coming today.

do you drink coffee? yes, decaf with milk & sugar

what's your favorite snack? it changes, right now I am enjoying pretzels with nutella
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Weather: It's sunny now, if a bit cold but there's about 2 feet of snow coming tomorrow into Saturday.

Good Thing: I got a seat on the subway this morning. That's rarely happens.

Coffee: I'd prefer tea.

Favorite snack: I don't have one particular favorite. It's just whatever mood I'm in.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Weather: cold and sunny, but we are expecting a blizzard this weekend.

Good thing: DH had appendicitis last weekend, and we are finally catching up on everything and getting the house back in order. He is also starting to feel a lot better and doesn't need the good pain meds anymore.

Coffee: no thank you. I love orange juice in the morning though.

Snack: strawberries in vanilla yogurt.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

what's the weather like where you are? Today it's nasty/rainy..yesterday it was 60's gorgeous and sunny!! Crazy weather

what's one good thing that's happened to you today (i realize, it's early, you don't have to answer that yet)? My back has been sore and my floors have needed done all week..today was the first day DH has been able to be home long enough to do them and he did <3 that man

do you drink coffee? Yes please..usually have a cup every morning...this week's creamer of choice is sugar free french vanilla

what's your favorite snack? Changes frequently but right now it's the healthy choice frozen greek yogurt in fudge swirl

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Weather is cold and gray (again), and we aren't even getting any snow this winter to make up for it. Snow is the only good part of winter as far as I'm concerned! Normally the blah-ness doesn't affect my mood too much, but it hasn't helped when I'm already stressed over DS's IEP and school placement for next year.

Something good: DD had ballet class this afternoon, and parents have to stay but not be in the room. That means 45 minutes of guilt-free scrap time in the middle of the day since there's nothing else I can be doing No internet there, so it's distraction-free, too.

Coffee: Heck, yes! But I'm an early afternoon coffee drinker. That's when I need it the most.

Snack: I've been eating way too much string cheese lately. My real favorite is chocolate peanut butter ice cream, but I don't get to eat that quite as often.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's summer here, so the weather is gorgeous. It should be a lovely 25 degrees celsius, or maybe a little bit higher. Hot enough that even at 5.30 in the morning, the gym feels like a sauna, lol.

Something good: Ummm....well I haven't had to work all week. I'm on call for the kindy, and will go in if someone is sick/away, but being early in the year, and summer, I'm not needed so much. Yay for me!

Snack: Well pretty much whatever is in the cupboard at the moment. I need to be more disciplined and eat healthier snacks.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

It's cold here, and we've had a nasty inversion going on for weeks now - really icky air quality. But today, the sun is shining and the sky is blue and beautiful. It made me happy when we went out running errands this morning.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Weather is sunny, but cold.

My job (the company) continues to blow me away with the insane decisions being made, but I'm excited abt a few leads on other possibilities that I've been following up on this week.

I only drink milk, pop, OJ, and sometimes water. No coffee or tea for me, please.

My latest fave snack is making air-popped popcorn with the popper I got for my bday... and then smothering it in salt and butter-flavored oil. Which is why I only allow myself to eat it once a week.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

we're in the middle of summer here but the weather has been pretty nice, around 20-25'C so i love it!

we have quite a lot of good things happen lately last nov, i just started to work again after 8 years staying at home and it got extended (it's a temp job) so yippeee....

then Rachel got a spot in violin lesson at school (it's free, we just need to hire the violin) so another yay

about snack, i need to stop eating whatever in the cupboard i've gained some during the holidays and need to back to exercise :P
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE coffee...drink entirely too much. Try to mostly snack on fruit, but if you want to know my FAVE...chips. :/

The weather is pretty good today. Not sunny and not too cold. That's one thing I love about Colorado...even if it's FREEZING, the sun is almost always shining. Definitely helps the mood.

Nothing bad has happened today (knocking on wood)...so that's a good thing.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a winter weather fan, so Yay!! for living in El Paso. I love the warm afternoons we're having.

This has been our best day of school this week...nothing crazy going on, no outside appointment or errands to fun...just a nice, normal day at home.

Yes, I <3 coffee! I just put in a huge order for new k-cups because our stash is getting low and that's never good.

Favorite snack...chips with salsa. That was pretty much my lunch because I didn't like the sandwich I made. Ick! on lunch meat.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

I'm sick of the cold too. I'm in Southern California and it it would probably feel like a heat wave for most of the rest of America, but 60 degrees at noon is freezing in my world. I want summer.

I don't drink coffee. I have 1 or 2 diet cokes a week, otherwise I am boring and mainly drink water. Snacks- I love Kind Bars or dark chocolate covered almonds. At the moment I am baking banana bread.

Something good that has happened- I booked a hotel for me and my two little guys to go stay at in San Luis Obispo (central coast of California). It should be a fun adventure for the end of next week.

Last edited by coopert; 02-07-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Its been a dreary day here with rain, clouds and strong winds. The sun is trying to break through. I've been stuck inside the house all day, but am thankful for this weeks awesomeness to occupy my time. Looking forward to tomorrow, friday!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The weather is mid-50s light rain, fog/mist. It's just icky out there.
One good thing that's happened to me today is that I got to do an art project with my 4yo.
I don't drink coffee regularly, when I do, it's a fancy coffee with a bunch of sugar and chocolate. I mostly drink tea.
My favorite snack is chips and dip.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I had the kind of day that made me secretly wonder, if axe murder wasn't a reasonable problem solving tool...

Last edited by Ginger_79; 02-07-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

February seems so busy here, both of my girls have birthdays in the next 5 days. One is tomorrow & one is Tuesday. There party will be next Saturday. That means cupcake baking 3 times within a week.

Um, the weather is bipolar here. Yesterday and about the 4 days prior, we've had blue sunny skies and temperatures about 45-55*, this morning, we woke up to gray skies and SNOW, just a skiff, but still snow. ugh. Now it's fairly decent out, no wind, no rain, no snow, but still grayish.

Good thing that's happened today, I ignored all motherly duties and locked myself in our bedroom, so I could finish reading the chapter I needed done for tomorrows exam in one of my classes. I think hubby only let that happen because my middle child, shared her germs and I now have the fever and cough, which creates super horrible pains where my last c-section incision was made (3 years ago)

Coffee, yes, yes, yes. Except I really just like a splash of coffee to go with the cream and sugar. But I'm weaning myself from that and going with more coffee. Today I had a big cup o fcoffee. I needed coffee to battle the 'migraine' feeling and get some energy.

Favorite snack: depends on the day. I'm a salty/sweet girl. I like to mix it up. This week snack of choice has been Tomato Basil rice cakes and 1/2 apple with PB or smoked almonds and strawberries or dark chocolate covered raisins and some nuts or popcorn