Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2020, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Editing people out of photos

Do you do it??

I know it's controversial... after all, these people have been part of our life and our story. But, what about exes (boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or even friends)?

I just did a layout about Christmas last year. My youngest son's ex-girlfriend is in the photo. I asked if he minded. He said no, but that she might mind (he broke up with her, and she's still a FB friend of mine, so she'd see it). So, I spent the time to edit her out of the photo. I'm hoping it just looks like she wasn't close enough to be in the photo. Ugh!

I haven't scrapped a lot of my daughter's teenage years because she is very sensitive about her ex-boyfriends. She's married with kids now & doesn't want them in scrapbooks her kids would see.

My older son had a really bad relationship, and I have lots of photos that the ex is in, but they're good photos of him.

I've also edited my brother's fiance out of photos (very long, sad story).

When my mom was scrapping my growing-up years, she asked if I wanted my ex-stepdad in photos (we had a rough relationship). I said yes, sparsely, because he was part of my story.

My mom & I always joked that we were going to create a line of stickers that were paper bags to put over people's faces

So... my question is, what do you do with "undesirables" (kind of making light here. )?