Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-08-2020, 12:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Collecting?

Lea's on Rae's thread about her mugs got me thinking... Do you collect anything (other than digital supplies)? If so, show us pictures!!
Old 03-08-2020, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm really not a collector. I have odds & ends of silly things that I enjoy, but nothing that I would say is a collection. Although, when I was paper scrapping, I sure had quite a paper and sticker collection! LOL!

My DH collects vintage Hot Wheels, and skateboard decks.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

that scrap room

I love how D has his decks hanging!! That's so cool!!

Collecting . . . . .I'm not sure if I collect anything outside of digi. I'll have to ask my kiddos.

I do have Young Living, but that's because I use them like I would medicine. So I don't really see that as collecting.

Oooh!!! We do have a magnet board of all of the places we've visited. It's more a conversation starter when people come in the home and when the kids want to talk about a previous place we've visited. They'll show us the magnet or we'll search for where they are thinking but can't remember the name. It's fun and we love them. But we don't really collect unless we've been there, so it's not something that I'll order off Etsy if we've never been there.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 03-08-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh don't even get me started on my paper card making supplies...

I do collect mugs- kinda just started on the starbucks sereis, and my family likes to buy me mugs (the wife one & the awesome ones from last Mother's day!)

We also collect W's- one was our wedding cake topper!

And... I bake a lot of cupcakes, and sorta have a sprinkle addiction... BUT I do use them frequently... I just will never run out! lol!

Hubby for christmas got me a sprinkle of the month box (I get 3 new ones every month!) #enabler
Old 03-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

My ex used to collect Hot Wheels in the boxes... sadly, when he died, I'm pretty sure they were given to Goodwill by his wife.

OMG Amie... those sprinkles! That's awesome!

Love the W's too... very creative.

Not sure I really collect anything other than scrapbook stuff and craft supplies.... although I do have a pretty good sized snowman collection (that I need to put away lol).

Old 03-08-2020, 03:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's so cool! I love all your collections! I can just pretend I have collections by just living through you. (does this sentence even make sense??)

Like I said in the other post, I don't collect much because I have an addictive personality. I don't let myself go there.

I'm addicted to desserts! lol but I don't keep them around long enough to show haha

I used to collect Lularoe clothing but don't wear them anymore.

We have a magnet from each of the States/country we have visited. Everything is in boxes right now since we are moving so I can't show anything.

I collect kitchen appliances?? lol jam maker, ice cream maker. instant pot, crock pot, stand in mixer, vitamix, mandoline, graters, mashed potato mill, George foreman...

doTERRA essential oils, but I stopped buying because I don't use them as often as I should.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tammy I can only imagine how much money you had in that paper and sticker supply!!! Love your organization.

Amie love your sprinkles. Cupcakes. Mmmmm. I've been dieting too long!!

I collect nothing! And have no desire to. I'd love to purge more! Scrapbooks?! :P All the talk of mugs has me really wanting some pretty mugs. To use, not to collect. We have quite a mismatch collection and a few pretty ones that match sounds really nice about now.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Tammy! What a wonderful paper collection - and so stinking organized~! I'd love to have a nice big craft area!!

Amie - Love (!) the W's and your cookie baking goodies are awesome!!

Lori - what a great snowman collection! I collected them several years ago.

Hubby likes to collect vintage Pyrex bowls - and I pick up odds and ends at flea markets that intrigue me (and add them to the stuff that my parents gave to me before they passed away - most everything was already vintage before they gave it to me - I doubt anything is worth $$, but it makes my heart happy to have it)

Toys … I guess you can say I collect toys! I don't like a lot of clutter - so the grandkid's play-place is in our rec room, in our finished basement … if all of their toys were upstairs I'd be having an anxiety attack - lol! The area works great though - because if I'm super tired when they leave, it's okay that I don't pick up the mess until I've rested up and it doesn't bother me! I have everything organized - lol, it's my way of dealing with so much "stuff"! (This is just one area of the basement that is their domain! In another area we have a playset with a slide and a full size tent set up for them to play in!)

I guess you could say I collect positive affirmations signs (this is my little planner area in my craft room)

Last edited by JillW; 03-08-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When I was a kid we did a lot of road trips. My parents didn't want to buy us expensive souvenirs at every stop, so the deal was that they'd buy us postcards along the way and then 1 souvenir at our destination. By the time I was about 8 I started saving the postcards, and I've added to the collection at every new destination I've been to since then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2020, 05:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Jill, I love your signs... and I have some pyrex bowls from my mom. Your toy area looks amazing. Lucky grandkids!

Old 03-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Hubby for christmas got me a sprinkle of the month box (I get 3 new ones every month!) #enabler
I have their website saved for when my daughter and I start making macarons that are good enough to decorate with their edible glitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Hubby likes to collect vintage Pyrex bowls - and I pick up odds and ends at flea markets that intrigue me (and add them to the stuff that my parents gave to me before they passed away - most everything was already vintage before they gave it to me - I doubt anything is worth $$, but it makes my heart happy to have it)
I have one of those sets from my grandmother. It's my mixing bowl!! I love them! They are amazing and nothing on today's market compares to them!

Quote:
Toys … I guess you can say I collect toys! I don't like a lot of clutter - so the grandkid's play-place is in our rec room, in our finished basement … if all of their toys were upstairs I'd be having an anxiety attack - lol! The area works great though - because if I'm super tired when they leave, it's okay that I don't pick up the mess until I've rested up and it doesn't bother me! I have everything organized - lol, it's my way of dealing with so much "stuff"! (This is just one area of the basement that is their domain! In another area we have a playset with a slide and a full size tent set up for them to play in!)
Wow!! Your kiddos/grands are so lucky to have an amazing house to come to and play! I love how homey and inviting it is!!
Old 03-08-2020, 07:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a fun thread, I love to see what everyone collects. Aside from the mugs I don't really collect anything anymore. I used to hunt garage and estate sales for old tupperware but stopped doing that yrs ago and gave a lot of it away to the kids but kept enough to keep me going (forever). I still think tupperware is some of the best made stuff out there.

I also sorta collect pens, fine point. I don't keep a large stash but am always looking at supply stores and have a few packs on hand. I also like to collect different colored sharpies/highlighters.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i also collect mugs

Old 03-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a collection of spun glass. Maybe around 20 pieces -- some of them were special gifts (birthday or anniversary presents) and some was picked up in a flea market.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have collected a number of things over the years.

I'll have to take pictures later, but right now the things I'm still collecting are "state" magnets for any new state we go to. I usually get a magnet for any new place we go as well.

And a few years ago, I started getting a Christmas ornament that represented our family vacation for that year.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
that scrap room

I love how D has his decks hanging!! That's so cool!!

Collecting . . . . .I'm not sure if I collect anything outside of digi. I'll have to ask my kiddos.

I do have Young Living, but that's because I use them like I would medicine. So I don't really see that as collecting.

Oooh!!! We do have a magnet board of all of the places we've visited. It's more a conversation starter when people come in the home and when the kids want to talk about a previous place we've visited. They'll show us the magnet or we'll search for where they are thinking but can't remember the name. It's fun and we love them. But we don't really collect unless we've been there, so it's not something that I'll order off Etsy if we've never been there.
It was an amazing craft room. It will be nice to have one again, even though the only crafting I do now is digi

That's a fun collection! It keeps those places at the forefront of the kids' minds!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2020, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Oh don't even get me started on my paper card making supplies...

I do collect mugs- kinda just started on the starbucks sereis, and my family likes to buy me mugs (the wife one & the awesome ones from last Mother's day!)

We also collect W's- one was our wedding cake topper!

And... I bake a lot of cupcakes, and sorta have a sprinkle addiction... BUT I do use them frequently... I just will never run out! lol!

Oh, Amie! Your mug collection is so bright and colorful!! I love all the Ws! That's so clever!!

Old 03-08-2020, 10:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
My ex used to collect Hot Wheels in the boxes... sadly, when he died, I'm pretty sure they were given to Goodwill by his wife.

OMG Amie... those sprinkles! That's awesome!

Love the W's too... very creative.

Not sure I really collect anything other than scrapbook stuff and craft supplies.... although I do have a pretty good sized snowman collection (that I need to put away lol).

I definitely won't tell Hubs about Hot Wheels being given to Goodwill! LOL! I think it would make him sick

Your snowman collection is so cute!!

Old 03-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my hubs is the collector in the fam, hot wheels, cold wheels, lol any kind of wheels. he is a rev head of epic proportion. I have a show cupboard in our bedroom, outside of our bedroom, in his office, and anywhere else he thinks he can get away with it, full of miniature cars. even boxes in the sheds outside. he keeps telling me they will be worth something some day.... hmmmmmmmmm
Old 03-08-2020, 11:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm a huge collector; that's how I got into digi in the beginning... hoarding all the freebies! I have to resist buying all the toys for my kids just because I want to collect them all myself. Right now it's the LOL surprise dolls for my girl. I find all these great deals on them but I can't possibly buy them all, so I stop looking.

Does anyone remember Polly Pockets? I used to have a huge collection (like 50+) of them. Gave them away when I was a teenager... I would be rich now if I still had them!! I recently got their 30th-anniversary one. It's cute as ever. <3

Old 03-08-2020, 11:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
That's so cool! I love all your collections! I can just pretend I have collections by just living through you. (does this sentence even make sense??)

Like I said in the other post, I don't collect much because I have an addictive personality. I don't let myself go there.

I'm addicted to desserts! lol but I don't keep them around long enough to show haha

I used to collect Lularoe clothing but don't wear them anymore.

We have a magnet from each of the States/country we have visited. Everything is in boxes right now since we are moving so I can't show anything.

I collect kitchen appliances?? lol jam maker, ice cream maker. instant pot, crock pot, stand in mixer, vitamix, mandoline, graters, mashed potato mill, George foreman...

doTERRA essential oils, but I stopped buying because I don't use them as often as I should.
Haha!! You can enjoy everyone else's collections
I collect kitchen appliances, too. Except I don't like to cook! It makes no sense

Old 03-08-2020, 11:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Tammy I can only imagine how much money you had in that paper and sticker supply!!! Love your organization.

Amie love your sprinkles. Cupcakes. Mmmmm. I've been dieting too long!!

I collect nothing! And have no desire to. I'd love to purge more! Scrapbooks?! All the talk of mugs has me really wanting some pretty mugs. To use, not to collect. We have quite a mismatch collection and a few pretty ones that match sounds really nice about now.
Cindi, I don't even want to think about how much money I had invested in paper supplies. LOL!

Old 03-08-2020, 11:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Tammy! What a wonderful paper collection - and so stinking organized~! I'd love to have a nice big craft area!!

I guess you could say I collect positive affirmations signs (this is my little planner area in my craft room)
Jill, your Pyrex is beautiful! I love vintage kitchen odds & ends. I have canisters from my grandparents that will be on our counter as soon as I find them.
That play area is amazing!!! I'll bet your grandkids love it!

Old 03-08-2020, 11:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
When I was a kid we did a lot of road trips. My parents didn't want to buy us expensive souvenirs at every stop, so the deal was that they'd buy us postcards along the way and then 1 souvenir at our destination. By the time I was about 8 I started saving the postcards, and I've added to the collection at every new destination I've been to since then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Post cards are a great souvenir, Rachel!! I have a bunch that I inherited from my grandparents.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
What a fun thread, I love to see what everyone collects. Aside from the mugs I don't really collect anything anymore. I used to hunt garage and estate sales for old tupperware but stopped doing that yrs ago and gave a lot of it away to the kids but kept enough to keep me going (forever). I still think tupperware is some of the best made stuff out there.

I also sorta collect pens, fine point. I don't keep a large stash but am always looking at supply stores and have a few packs on hand. I also like to collect different colored sharpies/highlighters.
I love seeing old Tupperware at vintage swap meets! I haven't bought any, bit it brings back memories.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
i also collect mugs

That's an awesome collection, Laura. Do you get them when you travel, or just pick up ones you like?

Old 03-08-2020, 11:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
I have a collection of spun glass. Maybe around 20 pieces -- some of them were special gifts (birthday or anniversary presents) and some was picked up in a flea market.
That sounds lovely! How do you display your collection? Is it all in one spot, or around the house?

Old 03-08-2020, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Collections... I have had a few different ones throughout the years, but now, with 6 kids and about 1000 sqft house; most of my collections now are dust, dirty laundry, and stray socks.
Aside from those things, my current collections include
*Pioneer Woman Cookbooks and kitchen stuff
*Guns
*Fabric, craft supplies and partially completed projects (which I have to keep contained into a small section of the laundry room)
*Cameras (which are boxed up in the shed until we get a bigger house)
*Coffee Mugs (this one is paired WAY down now, but before I shared a house with anyone other than my own kiddos it was a thing)

I used to have a collection of John Deere Tractors (everything from mini toys to dishes) and farm animals.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I have collected a number of things over the years.

I'll have to take pictures later, but right now the things I'm still collecting are "state" magnets for any new state we go to. I usually get a magnet for any new place we go as well.

And a few years ago, I started getting a Christmas ornament that represented our family vacation for that year.
I can't wait to see pics of your collections!
Do you have all of your state magnets on the fridge?
I love Christmas ornaments as souvenirs. It's so fun to unwrap them and reminisce as we decorate the tree.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
my hubs is the collector in the fam, hot wheels, cold wheels, lol any kind of wheels. he is a rev head of epic proportion. I have a show cupboard in our bedroom, outside of our bedroom, in his office, and anywhere else he thinks he can get away with it, full of miniature cars. even boxes in the sheds outside. he keeps telling me they will be worth something some day.... hmmmmmmmmm
Oh my goodness! That's so funny, Jo. My hubs used to have them all over the house. Now that he has his office set up, they will be relegated to that space

Old 03-08-2020, 11:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
I'm a huge collector; that's how I got into digi in the beginning... hoarding all the freebies! I have to resist buying all the toys for my kids just because I want to collect them all myself. Right now it's the LOL surprise dolls for my girl. I find all these great deals on them but I can't possibly buy them all, so I stop looking.

Does anyone remember Polly Pockets? I used to have a huge collection (like 50+) of them. Gave them away when I was a teenager... I would be rich now if I still had them!! I recently got their 30th-anniversary one. It's cute as ever. <3
I had such a hard time resisting toys when our kids were young.

My daughter had some Polly Pockets when she was younger. She loved them. I kept one for her in her memorabilia box.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaT View Post
Collections... I have had a few different ones throughout the years, but now, with 6 kids and about 1000 sqft house; most of my collections now are dust, dirty laundry, and stray socks.
Aside from those things, my current collections include
*Pioneer Woman Cookbooks and kitchen stuff
*Guns
*Fabric, craft supplies and partially completed projects (which I have to keep contained into a small section of the laundry room)
*Cameras (which are boxed up in the shed until we get a bigger house)
*Coffee Mugs (this one is paired WAY down now, but before I shared a house with anyone other than my own kiddos it was a thing)

I used to have a collection of John Deere Tractors (everything from mini toys to dishes) and farm animals.
Oh wow, Manda! Those are quite the collections! I hope you have room to really display them someday!

Old 03-09-2020, 02:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I always say I don't collect anything because my mom has TONS of "collections" and I'm an only child, so one day all of those....will be mine. Salt & pepper shakers (which I think are no longer an 'active' collection & are packed up in the attic?), pretty dishes, teapots, snowmen... yikes. When my cousins say "I love this snowman platter!" I tell them, "you can have it someday, but it will come as a set with all the other snowmen!"

I use to collect moose figurines. Actually, I didn't collect them, I just got a bunch as gifts all the time & didn't get rid of them. My favorite animal is a moose--even though I've never seen one IRL...but that will change as we're moving to ALASKA in July!!!!!-- and the problem when anyone knows you have a favorite anything is that you end up with a bunch of them. My moose items are all packed in boxes somewhere. They're cute, but I would need a "Northwoods lodge" themed home to display them, haha.

I do collect Christmas ornaments: we get the Hallmark decade series every year plus one on vacations (or keychains when ornaments are un-findable). I often pick up a familiar book in a foreign language when traveling too.

DH collects money from different places we live & visit. He also 'inherited' a bag of coins his dad collected.

Of course I have lots of fabric, yarn & craft supplies, but I don't consider those collections. They're just things that are waiting to serve their purpose
Old 03-09-2020, 03:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I collect pens (I am a huge pen hoader esp now that I have discovered cute Korean pens...oh my, I order way too many of those) and I collect Funko Pops. I don't have a good way of displaying those yet so no photo and I do not buy Funko Pops every single week but when I am in a store where they sell them, I always have to buy one
Old 03-09-2020, 06:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm also a magnet and sprinkles person. I also used to collect business cards but not anymore.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm really not a collector. I have odds & ends of silly things that I enjoy, but nothing that I would say is a collection. Although, when I was paper scrapping, I sure had quite a paper and sticker collection! LOL!

My DH collects vintage Hot Wheels, and skateboard decks.

OMG!!! LOVE the craft room!! All that pretty paper.....sigh......

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-09-2020, 07:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage Little Peoples!!! I have mine, including that A frame house I see in your pic, in the basement in a box. I have all of my own children's Little Peoples! But they get played with every day by my littles!

Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

My girls were very into Polly Pockets!!! I think we may still have most of them in the attic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-09-2020, 08:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If you ask my hubby I collect everything....

I have Disney plates, Precious Moments, toys, books....

I used to have two Curios, but cramed then into one last year to have more space in the living room.

This is maybe 1/3-1/2 of my books.

And these Little Peoples were my kiddies and now my daycare littles use them. I had my hubby make me a shelf just for them.

I have been waiting to clean out some toys and supplies, I just don’t need them all. But my oldest graduates this May with a degree to teach so I’m saving them for her.....

Last edited by StacyLynn; 03-09-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Polly Pockets! Yes! I had 3! lol my girls actually snagged one from my parents' house last time we went on vacation. I found it in our suitcase. They didn't tell anyone. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Haha!! You can enjoy everyone else's collections
I collect kitchen appliances, too. Except I don't like to cook! It makes no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I collect pens (I am a huge pen hoader esp now that I have discovered cute Korean pens...oh my, I order way too many of those) and I collect Funko Pops. I don't have a good way of displaying those yet so no photo and I do not buy Funko Pops every single week but when I am in a store where they sell them, I always have to buy one
never heard of Funko Pops. Off to google it!

Last edited by Leablahblah; 03-09-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
My favorite animal is a moose--even though I've never seen one IRL...but that will change as we're moving to ALASKA in July!!!!!-- and the problem when anyone knows you have a favorite anything is that you end up with a bunch of them. My moose items are all packed in boxes somewhere.
Replace "moose" with "dolphin" and that's me!

I used to collect craft supplies (it's a different hobby than using them!)

My dad collected coins and stamps. I can't say I collect, because I'm not organized, but I hoard foreign coins and euro coins from different countries (each country of the European Union issues its own coins, but they are accepted in all countries). It's my favorite collection, because, you know, they are still cash, I don't feel like I've thrown my money on something that won't be of any worth in a few years.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our household seems to collect books and boardgames. But since we moved (even though it's been over a year!) we aren't fully organized and I am NOT taking a picture of them. lol Too many are in the messy basement.

Y'all have some pretty collections, though!
Old 03-09-2020, 03:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
we're moving to ALASKA in July!!!!!-- My moose items are all packed in boxes somewhere.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE the 50 States Alaska kit - those Northern lights journal cards and the colors of this kit! I almost bought it even though I've never been to Alaska and have no plans to go! And the Lumberjack Bash kit! PERFECT for your moose collection and lodge theme! Think of all the new scrapping goodies you'll get to use! I'm excited for you!! See, aren't these great?!

Old 03-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I collect pens (I am a huge pen hoader esp now that I have discovered cute Korean pens...
I'm not familiar with cute Korean pens. Can you post a pic for us?!
Old 03-09-2020, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I always say I don't collect anything because my mom has TONS of "collections" and I'm an only child, so one day all of those....will be mine. Salt & pepper shakers (which I think are no longer an 'active' collection & are packed up in the attic?), pretty dishes, teapots, snowmen... yikes. When my cousins say "I love this snowman platter!" I tell them, "you can have it someday, but it will come as a set with all the other snowmen!"

I use to collect moose figurines. Actually, I didn't collect them, I just got a bunch as gifts all the time & didn't get rid of them. My favorite animal is a moose--even though I've never seen one IRL...but that will change as we're moving to ALASKA in July!!!!!-- and the problem when anyone knows you have a favorite anything is that you end up with a bunch of them. My moose items are all packed in boxes somewhere. They're cute, but I would need a "Northwoods lodge" themed home to display them, haha.

I do collect Christmas ornaments: we get the Hallmark decade series every year plus one on vacations (or keychains when ornaments are un-findable). I often pick up a familiar book in a foreign language when traveling too.

DH collects money from different places we live & visit. He also 'inherited' a bag of coins his dad collected.

Of course I have lots of fabric, yarn & craft supplies, but I don't consider those collections. They're just things that are waiting to serve their purpose
Alaska!!! Yay!! I loved Alaska when my daughter and I visited. Hubs & I have talked about taking a road trip up to Alaska.

How fun to be in a place where you can see your favorite animal

Quote:
I'd love to see a picture of your pen collection, Biancka!! I love Funko Pops, but don't want to get started down that path. LOL! I have 2. I'm calling it quits with those

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm also a magnet and sprinkles person. I also used to collect business cards but not anymore.
Do you keep all of your magnets on the fridge, Lynn?
Old 03-09-2020, 04:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
OMG!!! LOVE the craft room!! All that pretty paper.....sigh......
Thanks, Stacy! I love color, so it was fun to look at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
If you ask my hubby I collect everything....

I have Disney plates, Precious Moments, toys, books....

I used to have two Curios, but cramed then into one last year to have more space in the living room.

This is maybe 1/3-1/2 of my books.

And these Little Peoples were my kiddies and now my daycare littles use them. I had my hubby make me a shelf just for them.

I have been waiting to clean out some toys and supplies, I just don’t need them all. But my oldest graduates this May with a degree to teach so I’m saving them for her.....

Wow!! Look at all those Precious Moments!! That's a fantastic collection!

I love how you've organized your books!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Replace "moose" with "dolphin" and that's me!

I used to collect craft supplies (it's a different hobby than using them!)

My dad collected coins and stamps. I can't say I collect, because I'm not organized, but I hoard foreign coins and euro coins from different countries (each country of the European Union issues its own coins, but they are accepted in all countries). It's my favorite collection, because, you know, they are still cash, I don't feel like I've thrown my money on something that won't be of any worth in a few years.
Do you have a place to display your dolphins, Cindy?

My Grandpa collected stamps. He started me on it when I was young, but I didn't continue.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Our household seems to collect books and boardgames. But since we moved (even though it's been over a year!) we aren't fully organized and I am NOT taking a picture of them. lol Too many are in the messy basement.

Y'all have some pretty collections, though!
Books and boardgames are good things to collect, Charlene! It's hard to get things organized after a move! You'll get it in order someday For now, just enjoy!!
Old 03-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love to find and collect shells! The best thing, it's pretty much free aside from the occasional paid beach access. I have an Instagram page where I share my obsession: https://www.instagram.com/brookshells/?hl=en

I also collect card & board games and BOOKS. Lots of books.

Last edited by YepBrook; 03-09-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
What are these Korean pens you speak of?!

Old 03-09-2020, 05:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Besides digi kits I'm not much of a collector. Unless you count these pounds I'm trying to get rid of