Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default December 2011: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Happy Holidays Sweet Shoppers!

Those of you who have been around awhile know that we usually take December off from hosting challenges here at the Sweet Shoppe so that we can take the extra time to spend with our families! Like last year we're excited to offer the opportunity to earn points and discounts in the shoppe all year long through our challenge portfolios, but this month we're doing things a little differently.

So far in 2011, we've had 11 incredible portfolios PACKED with challenges and inspiration for you. We know it was likely impossible to get through them all, so for December's challenge portfolio, we invite you to earn points for your Sweet Rewards using ANY of the challenges which have been posted in portfolios from January 2011 to November 2011!

Put together your own portfolio and earn points from any of the challenges you'd like! Just like every month, your point goals are as follows...

10 points = 20% discount
20 points = 30% discount
30 points = 40% discount

We do have a few rules to keep in mind...

1 - You are welcome to revisit challenges you've done in the past as long as you create a BRAND NEW layout for the task.

2 - You may lift any layout on our special holiday edition homepage as a 1-point challenge.

3 - As usual, only 10 points of your portfolio can be made up of our 10-point hybrid challenges. The rest of your points can be accumulated using any combination of 1, 2 & 5 point tasks.

4 - Life Lesson challenges MUST be done in trios, but you are welcome to do 9 layouts for 15 points, etc. if there are that many challenges you didn't complete in 2011.

5 - New Release and Hybrid Bonus points can be added within the usual limits.

As you put together your portfolio, please use the following format...

February 2011 - Winter kit to create a non-winter layout - 1pt

June 2011 - Strawberries are ripe and ready - 1pt

September 2011 - Definitions on a page phonetically - 1pt

Total Points = 3 points

Please do NOT stress over this. This should be a fun and easy going month where you can revisit those challenges you weren't able to get through the first time around. As there is NO WAY for us to check and recheck previous portfolio threads, this month's portfolio is going to be on the honor system, and we know we can trust you to play by the rules listed above.

Most importantly, thanks for making 2011 an amazing and inspiring year here at SSD! We are so grateful to have such an incredible community supporting us day after day, week after week, year after year at this point, and we hope you enjoy sharing your memories with us this month!

Happy Holidays from the entire Sweet Shoppe family,

Robin
Old 11-30-2011, 07:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

March 2011- Scrap a non event-1 point

June 2011- Use a sepia photo on your page

Last edited by aly321; 11-30-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

January 2011 #12 - For many of you, January means SNOW! Embrace the white out and create a layout featuring a white background.

Last edited by jaylensmom; 12-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

October
5 – Create a page that uses 12 different pattern papers. - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Penny's 12 Months December, uploaded 12/9

February
8 - Bring a little more focus on your title! Check out this photo. Hang or attach your photo in some way. (*hint: clothes pins, tape, brads, buttons, staples are all great ideas*) - 1 primary point and 1 hybrid point

July
10 – Living on the edge - design a page (or card) using only the edge of your page. If you split your page in thirds - nothing can cross into the second third. - 1 primary point

February
21 - Technique challenge. Scrap a layout with a shape (or shapes) cut out of the background. Like these leaves. Get creative or go simple. Circles, squares, hearts, words.. Check out this simple tutorial page that explains different ways to shadow. - 2 primary points

October
21 - Technique – Use a large photo as a background. Check out Misty’s approach here. - 2 primary points

June
22- Scrap a page with a bunch of tiny strips of paper at haphazard angles like this pile. - 2 primary points and 1 NR point

April
24 - Technique Challenge!! Create a little digital lift and curl on your papers or photos. Check out this tutorial on how to make curled photo corners for tips and tricks. - 2 primary points, 1 NR point and 1 hybrid point

January
25 - Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. (Ex. Florals, bright doodles etc. Don't always rely on those polka dots & simple stripes for patterned backs!) - 2 primary points and 1 NR point for Shawna & Jenn's Very Merry & Bright, uploaded 12/9

May
28 - Splatter or scatter at least two different colors of ink or paint on your page. Here's an inspiration piece. - 2 primary points

Total Points: 21
4/5 NR points used

Last edited by kscwgirl; 12-18-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Total points: 20
NR: 2
Hybrid: 4

My spot! I'm wishing I hadn't thrown out that stack of 2011 Portfolio prompts when I cleaned off my desk last month. ETA: Yeah for procrastination! They were still here in a pile of papers I needed to sort then recycle or file.

March 2011, #5-Scrap a LO using 13 embellishments. 1 pt + 1 hybrid pt

April 2011, #24-Create a digital lift and curl on your photos or papers, 2 pts

April 2011, #27, Create a LO with at least 6 photos. 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Zoe's One For The Boys, released 1/1)

April 2011, #30, Packaging Inspiration! Browse this site and find a packaging design that inspires you. 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Melissa's Chill Out, released 1/1)

My inspiration, used in the titlework:

My LO:

July 2011, #23-Go on location. Find a new location to use for a photo shoot. Shoot and scrap. 2 pts + 1 hybrid pt (will add a photo of the printed card when I get it)

August 2011, #6-Ad challenge. 1 pt + 1 hybrid pt

August 2011, #30-Scrap 2 LOs with the same kit. 2 pts + 1 hybrid pt

Sept. 2011 #23-Scrap a 2-page LO (2 8.5x11 pages). 2 pts

Total points: 20
Hybrid: 4

Last edited by rach3975; 01-02-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 33 pts
NR: 5 pts (already included in the total above)
Hybrid: pts (already included in the total above

January 2011, 10 - National Handwriting day is in January! Scrap a page featuring a handwriting font - or your own writing! 1 pt
My own handwriting font: DJB Squirrels in My Pants

January 2011, 27 - Tell your story in just one sentence. Take inspiration from One Sentence. Capture the most interesting aspects of your story with the fewest number of words. Sometimes the most powerful statements are the simplest. 2 pts + 1 pt NR
NR: Project 2012 by Libby Pritchett; released 12/17; uploaded 12/16

March 2011, 9 - Use this inspiration to jump start your page. Scrap about something you are proud of accomplishing! 1 pt

March 2011, 13 - Vintage and lace are hot items right now. In honour of the irish who are known for their exquisite lace work, create a layout featuring something lacey! 1 pt + 1 pt NR
Using green, red, white laces.
NR: Cindy's template 111, released 12/10; LO uploaded 12/09

March 2011, 20 - Scrap a non event. Scrap the ordinary every day. Sometimes we get caught up in getting everything documented and captured, that we forget the simple moments. 1 pt

March 2011, 28 - Scrap something you believe in. From the silly fairy tales to your kids to the serious religious beliefs. Scrap something that inspires you and you believe in. 2 pts

April 2011, 4 - Be inspired by your favorites! 1 pt

April 2011, 16 - This time of year makes many people think.. PASTELS. Create a layout featuring a pastel scheme. 1 pt

April 2011, 19 - April is a month full of tradition, celebrations, and holidays for many of us. 1 pt + 1 pt NR
Did this about December, not April, though.
NR: Cindy's template Halfpack #27; released 12/10; LO uploaded 12/09

April 2011, 25 - Left Brain vs Right Brain. Split a layout down the middle and design each side as Left brained and Right brained. Keep the left clean, and organized- straight lines and simple text. Make the Right side colourful and bright, full of doodles and random organization. Get creative! 2 pts

April 2011, 27 - Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. 2 pts

May 2011, 28 - Splatter or scatter at least two different colors of ink or paint on your page. 2 pts
I used a red splatter in the left top corner, and a green splatter behind the middle cluster.

June 2011, 27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. - 2 pts

July 2011, 26 – Photo challenge – choose one of the challenges from this great list and use the photos you take on a layout! 2 pts + 1 pt NR
Day 12: Experimenting with bokeh
NR: Cindy's template 112; released 12/17; uploaded 12/16

July 2011, 29 – Head on over to the Daily Post and choose one of the journaling prompts. Now scrap your journaling! 2 pts
I journaled about "What are you thankful for ...", and the presents I got this Christmas.

August 2011, 30 – Use one kit and create two layouts with the same kit. 2 pts + 1 pt NR
NR: Cindy's template 113; released 01/01; uploaded 01/01

September 2011, 19 – Brackets { ( [ } ) ] are a great way to draw attention to words, objects or people. Use brackets on your page to highlight words or something within the photo that may be lost without drawing attention to it. 1 pt

October 2011, 22 - A day in the life - scrap a page that shows a snap shot of one full day in your family. You can do it all about one person or your whole family...whichever you choose. (A great way to catch up on your day in the life pages from Ali Edward’s challenge in August!) 2 pts

Last edited by suladesign; 01-01-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 9

April #31-Scrap 3 layouts that answer the prompt: "I just can't live without..." A person, a place, and a thing (5pts + 1pt NR bonus [DJB I Love Me Some Stephanie, released 12/3, posted 12/3] = 6pts)
A Person:

A Thing:

A Place:

June 15-Scrap about a favorite toy (1pt)

July #10-Scrap a page using only the edge of the page (1pt + 1pt NR bonus [Frostbitten-For Him from Meg/Traci, released 12/10, posted on 12/9] = 2pts)

Last edited by KyRainbow; 12-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

POINTS SO FAR - 32 POINT

1 point
September 2011 - Brackets { ( [ } ) ] are a great way to draw attention to words, objects or people. Use brackets on your page to highlight words or something within the photo that may be lost without drawing attention to it.

1 POINT
November 2011 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this November Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!
Lifted this by Steph

this is mine

1 point
November - Replace one of the letters in your title with an embellishment of the same shape. Round letters like "o" can easily be replaced with flowers, hearts, and circular embellishments.

1 point
October 2011 -Crop it tight. Turn a boring photo into an interesting one by cropping it close. Scrap that photo.

1 point + 1 POINT NR LIBBY PRITCHETT BLITZEN REL 11/25 / UPLOADED 12/1
October 2011 - Create a page that uses 12 different pattern papers.

1 point
April 2011 - This time of year makes many people think.. PASTELS. Create a layout featuring a pastel scheme.

1 point
September 2011 - Raid your favorites folder, your Pinterest board or your stash of magazine clippings for inspiration be it color, style or composition, whatever sparks your own design. Remember to credit what you used & why when you post your layout!
Turkey on the top of the cake copied from my Pinterest board

1 point
August 2011 -Choose one piece of your favorite clothing (shirt, skirt, dress...) and scrap a page inspired by its colors or patterns. Show us the shirt / skirt / dress, too.

1 point + 1 point NR - KCB Deck the Halls Natural - rel 11/25 - uploaded 12/2
January 2011 - National Handwriting day is in January! Scrap a page featuring a handwriting font - or your own writing!

1 POINT
February 2011 - Flashback! SSD is celebrating our 5th birthday this month! Scrap a layout featuring a photo or event that took place five years ago.

1 point + 1 point nr (krystal Hartely - butterflies are free to fly rel 11/25 - uploaded 12/1
March 2011 - Vintage and lace are hot items right now. In honour of the irish who are known for their exquisite lace work, create a layout featuring something lacey!

2 points
September 2011 - Sometimes an amazing photo just speaks for itself. Scrap a page with NO title or journaling. Let your photo do the talking!

2 POINTS
October 2011 - Black & White – scrap a page with a black background and another with a white background. Two layouts for two points!

2 points
January 2011 - 1 thing 6 times. Be inspired by Ali Edwards December Daily, Day 23. Create a layout that showcases 1 thing in six different pictures. Maybe it's a person, or what you wore this week, or what you ate for dinner...the choice is yours. Your layout has to feature 6 different pictures of your 1 chosen thing.

2 points + 1 point nr - KCB deck the halls Classic - rel 11/25 - uploaded 12/1

August 2011 - Use one kit and create two layouts with the same kit.

2 points
April 2011 - Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. Repeats are allowed to a minimum (ie don't use 1 photo six times.. but 2 or 3 times is acceptable). Minimalistic layouts are popular-- let's go to the opposite end of the spectrum! Pile it all on

2 points
May 2011 - Splatter or scatter at least two different colors of ink or paint on your page

5 points
November 2011 - 31 – Use one of the following product types on your page and make it the star of your page. Choose three different products and scrap three pages to earn five points.
31a – Shape Templates/Clipping Masks

31c – Brushes

31e – Digital stamps, doodles or hand drawn elements

Last edited by seatrout; 12-07-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not sure how much i can scrap but here's my spot
Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Total: 33 points
Primary: 31
Hybrid:

January 2011 - No more than 3 elements - 1pt
(staples, tag, arrow)

November 2011 - Scrap a series of photos one right after the other - 2 pts

May 2011 - Splatter or scatter at least two different colors of ink or paint on your page. = 2pts + 1 NR
NR: Traci Reed - Resolve To Grow In Relationship (3rd Dec 2011)

August 2011 - Choose a poor quality photo, play with it in your editing program to improve the quality and scrap the edited one. Show us the original bad photo, too. = 2pts + 1 NR
NR: Traci Reed - Resolve To Grow In Relationship (3rd Dec 2011)
Actually, all the photos but the house were processed for the 12x12 prints from tiny Facebook files as my friend who took them lost the source photos. Only the Facebook uploads remained.

May 2011 - Kentucky Derby means Mint Juleps all around...be inspired by this traditional drink by using lots of green leaves on your page. = 1 pt

March 2011 - Vintage and lace are hot items right now. In honour of the irish who are known for their exquisite lace work, create a layout featuring something lacey! = 1 pt

January 2011 - Tell your story in just one sentence. = 2 pts

January 2011 - Create a layout featuring a bold print background. = 2 pts

April 2011 - hybrid - Recycling challenge (using cardstock box from my tights) = 10 pts

January 2011 - Inspiration! “My fondest memories of the past year are the ones that include you.” – Bill Vaughan Create a layout inspired by this quote. = 1 pt

November 2011 – Book Cover Challenge: be inspired by one of the beautiful book covers at The Book Cover Archive. 1 pt
http://bookcoverarchive.com/book/swi...ward_the_ocean

January 2011 - Check out the inspiring journal prompts at Project Reverb. Prompt 22 Dec - TRAVEL = 1 pt

April 2011 - Packaging inspiration = 2 pts

May 2011 - 24 - Dig out your favorite Sweet Shoppe kit. Select four colors from the kit. Now use papers and elements from other Sweet Shoppe kits that match the color palette you just created. Be sure to tell us what kit you used to generate your color palette. = 2 pts

original kit: KCB - Natural Beauty
kit used: La G. - Walk This Road Together

August 2011 - 4 – Color inspiration! = 1 pt

Last edited by DeepGirl; 01-03-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot...

(maybe I can just go off of Nov.'s portfolio, since I TOTALLY failed to even try last month)

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

grabbing my spot.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

1 pt. + 1pt. NR (Template from Cindy) February - Cabin fever starts to hit hard around this time - scrap a getaway you wish to take or just some photos that are left over from the summer months.

2 pts. + 1pt NR (template from Darcy) April - 27 - Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. Repeats are allowed to a minimum (ie don't use 1 photo six times.. but 2 or 3 times is acceptable). Minimalistic layouts are popular-- let's go to the opposite end of the spectrum! Pile it all on!

2pts. July - Calendar pages! Do you give calendars for Christmas every year? It’s time to get started on those pages! Create your first calendar page for your 2012 calendar!

2 pts. + 1 pt. hybrid + 1 pt. NR (font from Darcy) - February 28 - Subway Art is a cool new trend in home decorating. Use Tatertots & Jello's Subway Art Round Up to inspire yourself to create a layout using Subway Art. To earn your points you must use at least 5 different fonts or alphas on your layout.

2 pts. + 1 pt. NR (font from Darcy) September - 23 – Two pager - often we try to cram a lot onto one page. Give your photos a bit of breathing room and create 2 pages out of an event.

2 pts. + 1 pt. for NR (Template from Darcy) June - 30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it!

2 pts. June - 27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page.

10 pts. November - 33 – Get ahead of the holiday craziness and get your hybrid craftiness on! Create a hybrid gift box, print and assemble and then take a picture to show us your wonderful design. A holiday theme is not required. Any 3-d hybrid gift box will do.

2 pts. - July - 26 – Photo challenge – choose one of the challenges from this great list and use the photos you take on a layout!

total: 31 pts.

Last edited by sigmakap95; 12-09-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total points: 31

February #28 - Subway art (at least 5 different fonts or alphas)
2 pts

April #27 Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos.
2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (12 Months: December by Penny Springmann released 12/10; layout uploaded 12/9)

May #16 Use a weatherelated element
1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts

August #27 - 1 template, 2 ways
2 pts

August #28 - Digiscrap rewind
2 pts
old layout

Aug #30 - 2 layouts with the same kit
2 pts

September #4 - color inspiration (the colors are kind of hard to see in the photo. sorry.)
1pt + 1 hybrid pt = 2 pts

September #23 - 2 Pager
2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (Seas & Greetings by Penny Springmann and KCB released 12/10; layout uploaded 12/9)

October #30 - Go retro! Scrap a photo that's at least 10 years old
2 pts

November #8 - Holiday card
1 pt

November #33 - Hybrid gift box
10 pts

Total points: 31
Base points: 27
NR points: 3
Hybrid points: 1

Last edited by KateD; 12-28-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I'll claim this spot
Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

January #1 1 PT Lift a layout by HeatherGW
Lifted 3 Months

January #25 2PTS Bold Background

January #27 2 PTS Tell your story in one sentence

January #29 2 PTS What have you done today, this week, this month that you are proud of

February #16 1 PT Journal right on your picture

March #20 1 PTS Scrap a non-event

April #12 2 PTS Make your own Bunting
New Release: Winter Wish by Melissa Bennett

April #22 2 PTS Embed a Title within a title

April #27 2 PTS Get Photo Heavy! Use at least 6 photos...

May #16 1 PT National Weather Observer Day...use a weather element

June #33 10 PTS Play with buckets or tins

September #23 2 PTS Create a two-pager

November #14 1 PT Replace one of the letters in your title with an embellishment

October #21 2 PTS Use a large photo as a background

Total Points: 31 PTS

New Release: 1
Hybrid:

Last edited by kim21673; 12-26-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

haven't joined in this in a while!

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Maybe I'll actually do it this month!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total= 30 Points
New Release= 5 points

My spot.

January: National Handwriting day is in January! Scrap a page featuring a handwriting font - or your own writing! (1 pt)

January: For many of you, January means SNOW! Embrace the white out and create a layout featuring a white background. (1 pt + 1 NR- Isn't she lovely released 12/10, uploaded 12/12)

November: 365 Days of Bliss! We’ve been sharing 365 Days of Bliss on the blog with you. Create a page inspired by one of the blissful posts found on the blog! (1 pt + 1 NR- 12 Months December released 12/10, uploaded 12/13)

May: You make me happy when skies are gray…use gray paired with another color on your page. Some eye candy to inspire and this one too. (1 pt + 1 NR- Isn't She Lovely released 12/10, uploaded 12/14)

January: Inspiration! "My fondest memories of the past year are the ones that include you." – Bill Vaughan Create a layout inspired by this quote. (1 pt)

January: Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. (Ex. Florals, bright doodles etc. Don't always rely on those polka dots & simple stripes for patterned backs!) (2 its)

February: Cabin fever starts to hit hard around this time - scrap a getaway you wish to take or just some photos that are left over from the summer months. (1 pt)

February: Flashback! SSD is celebrating our 5th birthday this month! Scrap a layout featuring a photo or event that took place five years ago. (*hint try a photo-less layout if you don't have images that are 5 years old*) (1 pt)

March: One Little Word: Wonder. Scrap a layout featuring the word Wonder in your title. (1 pt)

March: World math day is in March. Create a layout that features an equation. ex. you + me= happiness (1 pt)

March: Scrap a non event. Scrap the ordinary every day. Sometimes we get caught up in getting everything documented and captured, that we forget the simple moments. (1 pt + 1 NR- Isn't She Lovely released 12/10, uploaded 12/15)

March: Camera's are the primary tool of our scrapping hobby but we all spend our time behind them. Have a look at these 13 Fun Self Portrait Mirror Shots to inspire you to stay behind the camera and still be in your layout. (Reflection picture is in middle left) (2 pts)

April: Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. Repeats are allowed to a minimum (ie don't use 1 photo six times.. but 2 or 3 times is acceptable). Minimalistic layouts are popular-- let's go to the opposite end of the spectrum! Pile it all on! (2 its)

May: One Little Word Challenge: Feast! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!) (1 pt)

June: Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. For a tutorial, go here. (2 pt)

July: One Little Word Challenge: Sunshine! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!) (1 pt)

15 – Many people go camping in the summer. Create a layout inspired by the outdoors with plaids, browns, khakis, and some greenery! (1 pt)

August: One Little Word Challenge: Ready! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!) (1 pt)

August: One Template Two Ways! Use the same template to scrap 2 different layouts. Flip it, twist it, shrink it - get creative! (2 pts)

August: Use one kit and create two layouts with the same kit. (2 pts)

September: Brackets { ( [ } ) ] are a great way to draw attention to words, objects or people. Use brackets on your page to highlight words or something within the photo that may be lost without drawing attention to it. (1 pt)

September: Technique – Use a large photo blended into the background of the page. Check out this tutorial to learn how. (2 pt)

September: Two pager - often we try to cram a lot onto one page. Give your photos a bit of breathing room and create 2 pages out of an event. (2 pt)

September: Create a page any page! Then turn the page 90 degrees and use the original page as a template for the first page. 2 layouts for 2 points! (2 pt)

October: 30 – Go retro! Scrap a photo that is at least ten years old. (2 pt)

November: Scrap a series of photos (2 pts)

Last edited by marlathrall; 12-19-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sept 2011 - #23 – Two pager - often we try to cram a lot onto one page. Give your photos a bit of breathing room and create 2 pages out of an event.

2 pts. plus 1 NR pt. for "Christmas Countdown" by Traci and Meg. Released 12/3, UL'd 12/5.

Total: 3 pts.

Last edited by kendallt; 12-05-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sounds great.

My spot!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

my spot!!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

me!

Total - 30 points

January #3 - 3 elements or less - 1 point + Hybrid

2 points

January #10 - National Handwritting Day - 1 point + NR Very Merry & Bright 12/10

2 point

January #25 - Print Pattern - 2 points + Hybrid

3 points

February #5 - Left Over Summer Photos - 1 point

1 point

February #13 - Color Inspiration - 1 point + Hybrid

2 points

March #19 - Color Challenge - 1 point + Hybrid

2 points

April #1 - Treat of the Month - 1 point

1 point

April #27 - Photo Heavy - 2 points

2 points

July #23 - New Photo Location - 2 points

2 points

August #22 - bad photos - 2 points

2 points

September #23 - 2 pager - 2 points

2 points

October #25 - Photo Inspiration - 2 points

2 points

October #27 - Black & White - 2 points

2 points

Life Lessons - 5 points
January 32 - take every oppurtunity to say i love you

August 32e - Winners don't count the days, they make the days count

February 32b - don't be afraid to take that first step, you can't accomplish anything standing still

5 points

Last edited by lovely1m; 01-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

It's been awhile since I've done the portfolio-gonna try this month!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my spot
total: 30
NR: 3
Dec 365 Days of Bliss – Christmas portfolio bonus points! {1 pt}

Nov 28 – Use this sketch by Debbie Hodge to create a two page spread {2 pts}

Nov 30 – Life at this moment -{2 pts}

January 10 - National Handwriting day is in January! {1 pt}

January
25 - Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. (Ex. Florals, bright doodles etc. Don't always rely on those polka dots & simple stripes for patterned backs!) - {2 pts}

August30 – Use one kit and create two layouts with the same kit. (2 pts + 1 NR pt) NR":Penny Springmann 12 Months Dec released 12/10 LO posted 12/14

August 27 – One Template Two Ways! {2 pts}

November 22- Scrap a series of photos one right after the other {2 pts + 1 NR pt}
NR: Darcy Baldwin: I Love Me Some Stephanie released 12/3, lo posted 12/2

November 30 – Life at this moment {2 pts + 1 NR pt}NR: Meg Mullens and Traci Reed:

November 16 – Scrap a page with at least 11 photos and 11 elements to celebrate the 11th month of the year{1 pt + 1 NR pt}
NR: Darcy Baldwin: I Love Me Some Stephanie Templates released 12/3, lo posted 12/2

January 25 - Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. {2 pts}

April 27 - Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. {2 pts}

September 23 – Two pager - often we try to cram a lot onto one page. {1 pt}

July 26 – Photo challenge – choose one of the challenges {2 pts}

Sept 29 – Create a page any page! Then turn the page 90 degrees and use the original page as a template for the first page. 2 layouts for 2 points! {2 pts}

October: 22- A day in the life - {2 pts}

Last edited by nun69; 12-24-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

my spot!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My spot...
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope to finish this month...

1 pt tasks
1. Jan 2011 - 9 - Use the journal prompt "What if..." let inspiration lead you!
Best day ever - Eva Kipler

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...hat-if&cat=646
2. Jan 2011 - 19 - Inspiration! "My fondest memories of the past year are the ones that include you." – Bill Vaughan Create a layout inspired by this quote.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...of-you&cat=646

3. Feb 2011 - 10 - What's the ONE thing/addiction, love affection you have that MIGHT just overshadow the person you love the most? get funny and silly with this one.....don't take yourself too seriously.

4. Feb 2011 - 19 - Journal Prompt! I love you more than ____ . Fill in the blank! Scrap about anyone, or anything!

5. March 2011 - 12 - Quote inspiration! “A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” – Sarah Jessica Parker. Create a layout inspired by this quote.

6. March 2011 - 20 - Scrap a non event. Scrap the ordinary every day. Sometimes we get caught up in getting everything documented and captured, that we forget the simple moments.

7. April 2011 - 15 - Photo Editing Challenge: Take a picture of someone holding a blank sign. While creating your layout, add words, a quote, or your title to their sign.

8. May 2011 - 3 - National Scrapbook Day is May 7th. Scrap about your love of scrapbooking!

9. May 2011 - 15 - Choose one of these beautiful words and use it as a title on your page.

10. June 2011 - 18 – Scrap about five things you just have to have (ok so you really don’t need them, but you certainly want them!)

11. July 2011 - 3 – 365 Days of Bliss! We’ve been sharing 365 Days of Bliss on the blog with you. Create a page inspired by one of the blissful posts found on the blog! Alternatively, create a page that showcases your bliss whatever that may be!

12. July 2011 - 7 - Scrap your (or your child's) first name. Discover the etymology behind your name and scrap a page about it, how does it fit you? does it? What name would you rather have based on the etymology?

13. Aug 2011 - 5 – Books, Books, Books – scrap a page about reading, books, the library, your Kindle, etc.

14. Aug 2011 - 12 – August 4th is Twins Day! Create a page where you have TWO of everything on your layout. 2 buttons, 2 flowers, 2 frames, 2 photos, etc.

15. Sept 2011 - 16 – Use a photo booth style strip of photos on your page. Check out this site for a photo booth strip generator!

16. Sept 2011 - 9 – Lift-A-Babe – here’s your chance to lift the fabulous Heather!

17. Oct 2011 - 1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this September Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!

18. Oct 2011 - 3 – 365 Days of Bliss! We’ve been sharing 365 Days of Bliss on the blog with you. Create a page inspired by one of the blissful posts found on the blog!

19. Nov 2011 - 2 - Quote Inspiration! Create a page that uses this quote as inspiration. “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." -Oprah Winfrey

20. Nov 2011 - 12 – Getting ready for the Holidays... what is on your Holiday Bucket list?

2 pt tasks
1. Jan 2011 - 28 - 1 thing 6 times. Be inspired by Ali Edwards December Daily, Day 23. Create a layout that showcases 1 thing in six different pictures. Maybe it's a person, or what you wore this week, or what you ate for dinner...the choice is yours. Your layout has to feature 6 different pictures of your 1 chosen thing.

2. Feb 2011 - 26 - Create a heart mosaic like this on your layout using snipets of your favorite papers.

3. Feb 2011 - 28 - Subway Art is a cool new trend in home decorating. Use Tatertots & Jello's Subway Art Round Up to inspire yourself to create a layout using Subway Art. To earn your points you must use at least 5 different fonts or alphas on your layout.

4. March 2011 - 30 - What motivates you? What keeps you going each day? What's kept you on task working on those resolutions from January? Scrap and tell us about it! (Be silly or serious! Go where the inspiration leads you! Does coffee motivate you? Does your family? Do you have a photo that keeps you working towards your goals?)

5. April 2011 - 27 - Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. Repeats are allowed to a minimum (ie don't use 1 photo six times.. but 2 or 3 times is acceptable). Minimalistic layouts are popular-- let's go to the opposite end of the spectrum! Pile it all on

6. May 2011 - 21 - Technique – have your photo merge into text. Sweet Libby Pritchett, designer extraordinaire, created this tutorial for you. It's worth watching just to see the stunning page she created!

7. June 2011 - 30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it!

8. July 2011 - 25 – Interview! Create a set of interview questions and interview at least two people – then scrap photos of them and their answers!

9. Aug 2011 - 24 – Photo Technique – Lens Flare! Take a photo that has some lens flare and then scrap a page using the photo.

10. Sept 2011 - 21 - Technique – Use a large photo blended into the background of the page. Check out this tutorial to learn how
Oct 2011 - 22- A day in the life - scrap a page that shows a snap shot of one full day in your family. You can do it all about one person or your whole family...whichever you choose. (A great way to catch up on your day in the life pages from Ali Edward’s challenge in August!)
Nov 2011 - 26 – Now & Then - Scrap a 2 page layout where one side shows now and the other side shows then.

Total - 2 pt

Last edited by Sasha; 12-08-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total Points = 20
New Release Points = 2/5

1pt Challenges

January - Lift a layout by heathergw 1pt

January - Create a layout featuring a white background. 1pt + 1NRpt 12/19 String Me Up

February - Use the word "SMOOCH" on your layout

February - Scrap a layout featuring a photo or event that took place five years ago.

February - Scrap a layout featuring a "February" face.

March - Scrap about something you are proud of accomplishing! 1 pt

March - Create a layout that features an equation. 1 pt + 1 NRpt 12/2 Wild Horses

March - Scrap the ordinary every day.

April - Create a layout that shows growth

April - create a layout inspired by it and your favorite person, place, or thing.

May - Scrap about your love of scrapbooking!

May - Feast! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!) 1pt

May - scrap a page using at least one weather related embellishment on it - clouds, sun, snow, raindrops, etc. 1pt

June - Use one of these fill in the blank journaling pages as a start for a page.

June - – Scrap about toys

2pt Challenges

January - Scrap your day with time stamps for each photo

March - Scrap something that inspires you and you believe in.

June - Add any texture to a photo.

June - Use a sepia-toned photo on your page. 2pts

10pt Challenge

October - This month we want to see you create a calendar. It needs to have at least 6 months completed, and can be any size you like (full page, 2 page, cd, 5x7, etc). 10 pts

Last edited by loralyn; 01-01-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My Spot x
Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 6
1 of 5 NR Points used

October #27: Scrap two layouts, one with a white background, one with a black background 2 pts. plus 1 NR using Be Defined #3 Christmas by Eva Kipler, released 11/25, uploaded 12/2

January #15- One little word 1pt.

January #25- use a bold pattern background 2pts.

Last edited by carriesmom; 12-12-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I love the December "choose your own" portfolio! Grabbing my spot!!

January 2011 - National Handwriting day is in January! Scrap a page featuring a handwriting font - or your own writing! - 1 pt.

November 2011 - Lift a SugarBabe. I lifted this one by Stephanie (sczos911) 1 pt. +1 NR pt. (Holly Berry Wonderland by Darcy Baldwin - 11/25) (LO uploaded 12/2) = 2 pts.

Challenge pts: 2
NR pts: 1

Total: 3

Last edited by gms5997; 12-05-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Me!

Maybe December?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

total 31 pt
NR 4 pt
Hybrid 3 pt

1 pt
June - 15 – Scrap about toys- your favorite childhood toy, your lack of toys, your kids’ toys, or your current "toys."

1 pt + NR1 (set 112 by Cindy Schneider 12/17)
June - 18 – Scrap about five things you just have to have (ok so you really don’t need them, but you certainly want them!)

2 pt + NR1 (A Merry Little Christmas by Zoe Pearn 11/25)
Feb - 21 - Technique challenge. Scrap a layout with a shape (or shapes) cut out of the background. Like these leaves. Get creative or go simple. Circles, squares, hearts, words.. Check out this simple tutorial page that explains different ways to shadow.

2 pt
Feb - 22 - Check out this quilt Create a layout based on this inspiration.

2 pt + Hybrid 1 pt
Feb - 28 - Subway Art is a cool new trend in home decorating. Use Tatertots & Jello's Subway Art Round Up to inspire yourself to create a layout using Subway Art. To earn your points you must use at least 5 different fonts or alphas on your layout.

2 pt + Hybrid 1 pt + NR 1 (Give Thanks by Kristin Cronin-Barrow 12/17)
March - 27 - Check out this inspiring art piece. Fill the background of your layout with a handwritten type face font.

2 pt + Hybrid 1
April - 30 - Packaging inspiration! Browse this site and find a packaging design that inspires you! Create a layout based on the design.
inspiration from this

2 pt + NR1 (Set 111 by Cindy Schneider 12/10)
June - 27 - Photo editing challenge – Use a sepia-toned photo on your page.

10 pt
Oct - 33 – Get ahead of the holiday craziness and get your hybrid craftiness on! Create a hybrid gift box, print and assemble and then take a picture to show us your wonderful design. A holiday theme is not required. Any 3-d hybrid gift box will do.

Last edited by akizo; 12-22-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL 30 PTS

JAN #25 (2pts) - Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. (Ex. Florals, bright doodles etc. Don't always rely on those polka dots & simple stripes for patterned backs!)

FEB #21 (2pts) - Technique challenge. Scrap a layout with a shape (or shapes) cut out of the background. Like these leaves. Get creative or go simple. Circles, squares, hearts, words.. Check out this simple tutorial page that explains different ways to shadow.

MAR #28 (2pts) - Scrap something you believe in. From the silly fairy tales to your kids to the serious religious beliefs. Scrap something that inspires you and you believe in.

APR #30 (2pts + 1nr = 3pts) - Packaging inspiration! Browse this site and find a packaging design that inspires you! Create a layout based on the design. ( I used - http://lovelypackage.com/aqua-monaco/)

JUN #29 (2pts) - Create a list type layout that uses photos for each item on the list – add numbers and arrows or dotted lines to each photo like this piece.

JUL #24 (2pts + 1hybrid = 3) – Take two photos so that your two subjects interact without actually being the same frame. Here’s an example. Now scrap those photos.

AUG #26 (2pts) – Letterpress – watch this tutorial and create a letterpress effect on a layout.

SEP #24 (2pts) – Use a small frame on a large photo to highlight a part of the photo similar to this.

OCT #21 (2pts) - Technique – Use a large photo as a background. Check out Misty’s approach here.

NOV #33 (10pts) – Get ahead of the holiday craziness and get your hybrid craftiness on! Create a hybrid gift box, print and assemble and then take a picture to show us your wonderful design. A holiday theme is not required. Any 3-d hybrid gift box will do.

Last edited by ArielleHG; 01-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

March: 26 - Positive reinforcement is immensely useful and important. Scrap a page highlighting something you, or someone you love (Friend, family, loved one) is really good at.
2 pts

Last edited by navaja77; 12-10-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me!

January 24 - Use one of the quotes on this ad image as a starting point for a layout. You can use the line in your layout or just be inspired by the sentiment. Let us know which statement you chose! Learn Something New - (2 points)

January 6 - One Word Photo Challenge: Chill - take a photo that represents the word 'chill' to you and scrap it! (1 points)

January 25 - Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. (Ex. Florals, bright doodles etc. Don't always rely on those polka dots & simple stripes for patterned backs!)

January 29 - What have you done today, this week, this month that you're proud of? Take a moment for a little self esteem boost and scrap about something that you're proud of, and inspires you to keep going. From the simple, to the huge.. you know you have plenty to be proud of in yourself! Courage to see Santa! (2 points)

February: 21 - Technique challenge. Scrap a layout with a shape (or shapes) cut out of the background. Like these leaves. Get creative or go simple. Circles, squares, hearts, words.. Check out this simple tutorial page that explains different ways to shadow. (2 points)

April: 24 - Technique Challenge!! Create a little digital lift and curl on your papers or photos. Check out this tutorial on how to make curled photo corners for tips and tricks. (2 points)

July 26 – Photo challenge – choose one of the challenges from this great list and use the photos you take on a layout! (Photo of someone you love) (2 points)

August: 22- These days a lot of us are taking photos with our cell phones or maybe you’ve just taken a photo with your camera that didn’t turn out how you had hoped. Choose a poor quality photo, play with it in your editing program to improve the quality and scrap the edited one. Show us the original bad photo, too. (2 points)

Bad photo:

October 22- A day in the life - scrap a page that shows a snap shot of one full day in your family. You can do it all about one person or your whole family...whichever you choose. (A great way to catch up on your day in the life pages from Ali Edward’s challenge in August!) Day on the train! (2 points)

October: 33 – It's officially fall! Where has the year gone?? With the rest of the year dwindling down, let's get ahead of the game. This month we want to see you create a calendar. It needs to have at least 6 months completed, and can be any size you like (full page, 2 page, cd, 5x7, etc). Get a head start on your holiday gifts, get your own personal calendars ready for the coming year, cross something off that never-ending to do list!
Finished my calendar for the year! (10 points)

November 6 - Carpet inspiration (1 point)

November 29 – Technique - distress the text or doodles or stamps on your layout (2 points)

November30 – Life at this moment - as the Holiday season is in full swing we often forget to stop and document what life is like right at this moment. Create a layout that documents your life at this moment. (2 points)

total points = 30

Last edited by kristijoy; 12-20-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 0pt

July 11 - 31B: The last book you finished

31E: The last thoughtful thing you did for somebody

Last edited by zakirahzakaria; 12-03-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am going to give it another try this month. Marking my space.
These are some of the ones that I am going to try to pick from!

January
1 point
5 - It's a new year and a clean slate. Let's create a really clean page by not using any patterned paper on the page.
12 - For many of you, January means SNOW! Embrace the white out and create a layout featuring a white background. - 1 point

13 - Take a spin on the popular 8 random facts style blog posts. Make a list of 8 things you're thinking about right now. Keep it simple, don't over think and scrap it! - 1 point

10 points
33 - Birthday Book 2011 - January is the perfect time to get all those birthdays and important dates organized! Try your hand at making a birthday planner, so you never forget someone's special day again! - 10 Points

February
1 point
9 - Flashback! SSD is celebrating our 5th birthday this month! Scrap a layout featuring a photo or event that took place five years ago. (*hint try a photo-less layout if you don't have images that are 5 years old*) - 1 pt + 1 Pt nr (Cindy Schneider Half Pack 28 posted 1.1.2012 = 2 pts

March

2 points
23 - Camera's are the primary tool of our scrapping hobby but we all spend our time behind them. Have a look at these 13 Fun Self Portrait Mirror Shots to inspire you to stay behind the camera and still be in your layout. 2 points +1 pt NR (KCB's Give Thanks posted 12*20*11)

April
1 point
27 - Get photo heavy! Create a layout with at least 6 photos. Repeats are allowed to a minimum (ie don't use 1 photo six times.. but 2 or 3 times is acceptable). Minimalistic layouts are popular-- let's go to the opposite end of the spectrum! Pile it all on! 2 pts

June
1 point

30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it! = 2 points

July
1 point
30 – Create a page that tells about what your creativity means to you. - 2 pts

August

2 points
27 – One Template Two Ways! Use the same template to scrap 2 different layouts. Flip it, twist it, shrink it - get creative! - 2 pts

and

September
2 points
23 – Two pager - often we try to cram a lot onto one page. Give your photos a bit of breathing room and create 2 pages out of an event. - 2 pts

November
1 point
11 – November can mean going to the voting polls for many... what issues are important to you? Do you and your significant other have the same views? If you were running for public office, what would be your platform? 1 pt

2 points
22- Scrap a series of photos one right after the other - 2 pts

28 Challenge Points
2 New Release Points
Hybrid Points
Bonus Points

Total Points: 30 points

Last edited by LoriJ; 01-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot - 31 points (incl 1 N/R point

January 8 - New Year, New Beginning - lots of people start the year with significant plans like moving, redeveloping, dieting, changing jobs, going back to school. Whats your Big Plan? Journal about its beginning, and add a little about why you're going for it in 2011!

February 5 - Cabin fever starts to hit hard around this time - scrap a getaway you wish to take or just some photos that are left over from the summer months. - 1 point

February 18 - Stuck in a scrapping rut? How about some inspiration? We love browsing paper scrapping sites- throw your hand at a little Paper to Digi layout lift. Check out Jen Jockisch's Gallery and lift a page that inspires you! - 1 point scraplifted http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...-pants-ac/?c=t

March 2 - Nobody knows I...... Share a confession. Write a letter, journal your secrets, your dreams, your wishes. Get creative. Be silly (Nobody knows I eat entire jars of pickles by myself in one sitting!) or Serious (Nobody knows how I feel about... ). - 1 point

March 11 - Scraplifting is a great way to find new inspiration, learn new techniques, and push yourself creatively. Here at SSD we just adore our paper 2 digi challenge and will keep bringing you new galleries to be inspired by! Check out Jill Sprout aka Fevvers this month! Lift a layout from her amazing gallery. - 1 point

March 12 - Quote inspiration! “A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” – Sarah Jessica Parker. Create a layout inspired by this quote.

March 24 - What makes you different, unique, special, or just weird. March to the beat of your own drum! Scrap a page about your uniqueness (or the uniqueness of a friend or loved one).

April 1 - Lift a layout by Sue Setiadji, our Treat of the Month for April, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. -1 point. scraplift of https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-child&cat=500

April 26 - We all have struggles.. Each person has their own weight to bear. Scrap a layout about your current woes and heavy hearted moments. Journal heavy and honestly!

April 33 - Celebrate Earth day this April by reusing, and recycling things you have around the house to create some amazing new projects! From albums using starbucks wrappers and toilet paper rolls (yes! even those), to re purposing old cards, phone books, water damaged books, paint chip samples, magazines.. or even altering that old flower pot or pencil case that you no longer use! There's tons of possibilities if you just get creative and focus on reusing some old things you have laying around! Mix your recycled project with digi goods and presto instant hybrid project! To earn the full 10 points this month please show us the before and after of your project. Be sure to include some SSD goodies in your final project too!

May 19 - May 11th is 'Eat What you Want Day'. If you could have a day where you could eat absolutely anything you wanted and calories didn't matter, what would your menu include? Lots and lots of chocolate? Fried food? Pizza?

June 30 – Home is where I can look and feel ugly and enjoy it. Take a photo of yourself as is - no makeup, straight out of bed or just how you look lounging around the house. Scrap it! (N/R - 1/1)

July 12 – Al fresco! July means picnics and barbecues around here... scrap a picture of you or your family eating outdoors!

August 13 - One Little Word Challenge: Ready! Scrap a layout based on that word (use it as your title!)

August 27 – One Template Two Ways! Use the same template to scrap 2 different layouts. Flip it, twist it, shrink it - get creative! - 2 points

November 9 – Lift-A-Babe – here’s your chance to lift the fabulous Tracy!

November 11 – November can mean going to the voting polls for many... what issues are important to you? Do you and your significant other have the same views? If you were running for public office, what would be your platform? - 1 point

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 01-05-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL: 30 points

hybrid: 3

2 points January Challenge #25 (Bold patterned background) + 1 point for hybrid = 3 points

2 points January Challenge #30 (Extracting) + 1NR point (Krystal Hartley :: Dusk // LO uploaded on Mon 29 December) = 2 points

2 points February Challenge #21 (Technique)

1 point Challenge #15 (Beautiful words - SUNSHINE)

2 points May Challenge #21 (Technique)

2 points May Challenge #28 (Splatter of scatter)

2 points September #24 (Use a small frame on a large photo to highlight a part of the photo)

1 point September Challenge #30 (365 Days of Bliss - post on birthdays) + 1 point for hybrid = 2 points

2 points August Challenge #28 (Digiscrap rewind)

This is the LO I rewinded:

2 points August Challenge #30 (Two layouts with one kit) + 1 point for hybrid = 3 points

1 point September Challenge #9 (scraplift Heather) - I scraplifted this idea

1 point October Challenge #5 (12 patterned papers) + 1NR point (Penny Springmann :: 12 Months December // LO uploaded on Sat 10 Dec 2011) = 2 points

1 point November Challenge #8 (Holiday card)

5 points November Challenge #31

31a – Shape Templates/Clipping Masks - I used paint splatters as my clipping masks to clip the pink paper

31c – Brushes

31d – Photo Masks

Last edited by adrianka; 01-01-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am here!!!!!

Points - 14
NR-
Total = 14

March 2011 - #26 - Positive reinforcement is immensely useful and important. Scrap a page highlighting something you, or someone you love (Friend, family, loved one) is really good at. Even hearing the simplest things like, dear child you do such a great job making your bed every day, can set the tone for an amazing day. 2pts

Sept 2011 - #23 – Two pager - often we try to cram a lot onto one page. Give your photos a bit of breathing room and create 2 pages out of an event. 2pts

Sept 2011 Hybrid 10 pt project - Banners are super popular lately, popping up all over the place. Whether done in fabric, paper, or even tissue paper, they bring a certain something to a room or an event. Your challenge this month is to create a banner that has at least 5 pieces or pennants to it. It can be any shape and for any occasion, so have fun with it!! 10 pts (using KCB's Deck the Hall Chic and Meg's Felt stitch alpha neutral)

Last edited by taracotta7; 12-07-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'll see what I can come up with. I love all of the previous months' challenges, so I'm excited that this is the option for December.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok my spot ... I really need to do this!

March #25 Fears - 2 points + 1 point New Release
Misty Cato All Torn Up released 12/3/2011

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 12-10-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total points - 20 pts.

December 2011 - 5 – Get inspired by the site thxthxthx.com - 1pt

November 2011 - 2 - Quote Inspiration - 1pt

November 2011 - 9 - Lift Tracy - 1 pt

November 2011 - 25 - Down Low - 2pts

November 2011 - 29 - Distressed - 2pts.

November 2011 - 31 - 5pts.

shape template/clipping mask:

brushes:

digital stamps, doodles:

October 2011 - 26 - 'things this generation of children will never know' - 2pts.

October 2011 - 31 - list of journaling ideas - 5pts

August 2011 - 11 - Bad Photo - 1pt

Total points - 20 pts.

Last edited by Valgal; 01-01-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Saving my spot!!!

saving my spot!