Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently Reading Week of 7/17

What's the last book you finished?
What are you reading right now?
What's on your TBR?

What's the last book you finished?

The Wanderer in Unknown Realms by John Connolly - enjoyed it gave it 3 stars

Hild by Nicola Griffith - historical fiction set in 7th century Britain. I really was enjoying this one and then about half way through it got boring and kind of dragged. 3 stars

The Mysterious Howling (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #1)
by Maryrose Wood
- this was cute..kind of lower middle grade but it's the first in like a 6-7 book series and I'm not sure if I'll be continuing them just b/c there's so much else I'd rather read. 3 stars

Miramont's Ghost by Elizabeth Hall - this book was terrible. Just awful writing, characters I didn't care a flip about, a weird plot..I skimmed the last half of the book. I think it was a kindle first book a few months ago? IDK I haven't had much luck with those and I'm beginning to see why they're offering them free.

The Broken Lands by Kate Milford

This is the prequel to a book I read a few months ago called The Boneshaker which I really liked. This is YA fantasy/horror set during the turn of the century. I didn't enjoy this one as much as The Boneshaker but it was still really good. Great illustrations too.

What are you reading right now?

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive #1)by Brandon SandersonStill listening to the audible book...it is SO.GOOD. I'm 50% done and ahhh just so good. If you love high fantasy get it!

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I hadn't read this in 25 years since I was 16 years old and since I picked up Go Set A Watchman I wanted to reread it. I remember the basics of the story but had forgotten how amazing Harper Lee's writing is. I started it last night and I've only got about 100 pages left. I keep reading passages aloud to DH and it's made me even more excited for GSAW.

And I'm still reading Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan with the kids. I had my thyroid removed last week so I can't talk very well..we've not made much progress :/

What's on your TBR?

If I just can't wait after I finish The Way of Kings I'm going to go ahead and listen to Words of Radiance

But Armada by Ernest Cline will be in my next round of books for sure...

and my next physical book will of course be Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee