Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-31-2015, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post

For me limiting my self to just a pre-bound planner with daily pages seemed ideal, the less obsessing and decision making I can do the better... In addition to the daily spreads there are monthly spreads, no weekly, but honestly I always look at my weekly pages in other planners like little individual days and I find the transferring from month to week redundant so I'm hopeful it will be just what I need.... we will see!!
It is so interesting to see different planner styles & ideas. The style you chose really covers a lot of areas in one page. I like the idea of crossing off glasses of water. I think I might add that to mine this year. I also like the idea of a 15 min task to accomplish each day. Do the preprinted tasks seem like activities you will actually want to do? This style is also sort of inspiring me to include an area where I accomplish even something small on a scrapbooking project for 15 min. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
It is so interesting to see different planner styles & ideas. The style you chose really covers a lot of areas in one page. I like the idea of crossing off glasses of water. I think I might add that to mine this year. I also like the idea of a 15 min task to accomplish each day. Do the preprinted tasks seem like activities you will actually want to do? This style is also sort of inspiring me to include an area where I accomplish even something small on a scrapbooking project for 15 min. Thanks for sharing.
A lot of them I do think I'll want to do, and the ones I don't I'll just replace with a fly lady challenge or a cat nap )

"declutter your nightstand"
"wipe down your washer/dryer"
"clean out your purse"
"look over your menu and schedule for the week" <---- that is a regular sunday one
"purge your inbox"
"clean out your car"

sorta fun, i'm not honestly TOTALLY sure I'll do those every day, but it is a fun little way to mix it up I think.

LOVE the 15 min scrapbooking challenge idea

Old 12-31-2015, 08:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have started an art journal type planner, not so much to plan things but to record things and to note dates for birthdays etc. I have been wanting to do some hybrid stuff so I think this is a good project for me...... it's a way of keeping the everyday memories and events up to date as well as being creative in designing and printing out planner style pages to paste into a spiral visual art notebook. I can use my paper based scrap booking stuff to jazz it up along with paints and other art journal media that I already have. For me its a starting point to do more hybrid stuff and I guess that is what it boils down to, creating something that will be useful for YOU!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post
the purposeful planner by Corrie Clark. I knew I wanted something spiral bound and something with a daily page for each day.

I really like the looks of this one, and feel a weekly format would be preferable if I'm going to to try and attempt a planner again...
I've always been an epic failure with planners. I'm just not a "list" oriented person. but as my schedule gets fuller with ALL the activities/practices the boys have [x3] and with my own volunteer schedule growing - I find it hard to keep track of it all at times, especially since my memory isn't what it used to be.

so after some looking around, I'm not having much luck finding something with a layout similar to the one Shawna posted [which appears to be sold out], so are there others options like it out there?
Old 12-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
I really like the looks of this one, and feel a weekly format would be preferable if I'm going to to try and attempt a planner again...
I've always been an epic failure with planners. I'm just not a "list" oriented person. but as my schedule gets fuller with ALL the activities/practices the boys have [x3] and with my own volunteer schedule growing - I find it hard to keep track of it all at times, especially since my memory isn't what it used to be.

so after some looking around, I'm not having much luck finding something with a layout similar to the one Shawna posted [which appears to be sold out], so are there others options like it out there?
Here is one in weekly format from her -

http://corieclarkshop.com/collection...ant=7244210885

it looks like this in the weekly spreads - so not exactly the same:

you are right, the daily spiral ones are sold out in that style but she does have a few other styles:

http://corieclarkshop.com/collection...oseful-planner

Old 12-31-2015, 10:24 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I also use an Erin Condren Life Planner and have for a couple years. It really helped me while I was in college, working, and balancing a home life. I used a vertical (like Liz has) before, but during the summer I switched to a horizontal. Here is my instagram, which I don't regularly update, but does show the decorating I have done using some digital scrapbooking kits.
https://www.instagram.com/pixel.paper.plan/
Old 12-31-2015, 11:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
Not much to choose from here unfortunately. Unless I order international looking at this one which I can buy, anyone tried the Heidi Swapp ones?

I got this one on clearance over the weekend and it's cute. There are two things I don't like so much about it though.
1. It is undated, I bought the number stickers to fill in the dates, it is tedious and I really prefer dated planners.

2. The weekend is combine in only one space, I prefer the weekend to be separated.

3. You can't really use other inserts from other brands because the rings on this one are only 4 compared to other personal planners such as KikkiK or FIlofax.

You might want to look at KikkiK planners, they ship worldwide and is having a sale right now.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

These are some of my planner photos, I used ring planners before I found the arc type planners and I've been using it for months.

I like decorating my planners, some weeks are more embellished than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-31-2015, 11:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I got the Carpe Diem in Aqua, 41% off right now & they ship international for a very reasonable price too. http://blitsy.com/events/simple-stor...rs-accessories
I wish you hadn't posted that--with 40% off and a $10 coupon for new members, now there's a platinum Carpe Diem on its way to me, too! It's too big to be my main planner (I use a discbound 5x7 that I can easily carry around) but I'm either going to use it for big projects (planning our first Disney trip and some home renovations) or for weight loss and fitness. Maybe both. Can't wait to get it!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I wish you hadn't posted that--with 40% off and a $10 coupon for new members, now there's a platinum Carpe Diem on its way to me, too! It's too big to be my main planner (I use a discbound 5x7 that I can easily carry around) but I'm either going to use it for big projects (planning our first Disney trip and some home renovations) or for weight loss and fitness. Maybe both. Can't wait to get it!
Ruh roh.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have two filofaxes, one A5 and one Personal. I use the A5 most - that's where I note appointments and such. The Personal I use mostly for to-do lists and meal planning. Part of the fun for me is making my own inserts and dividers, that I also sell on etsy. The fancy decorating with stickers that many do isn't for me though.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After seeing this thread, I ordered this:

Good Things Are Going to Happen Planner

It was on sale and already comes decorated. I have no plans on decorating it myself so I needed one pre-prettied.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well aren't we a bunch of darn enablers! Jacq- I absolutely love your style!!! Now I feel the need to make myself some stickers.
Julie - That is just adorable! I miss you girl!!!!

Any advice on what kind of sticker paper to print on? I'm pretty sure I can use my Print and Scan mat for my Silhouette to cut the final stickers out.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post

Any advice on what kind of sticker paper to print on? I'm pretty sure I can use my Print and Scan mat for my Silhouette to cut the final stickers out.
I just use either Avery 6470 Removable Labels (the removable is nice if you are fussy about lining things up) or the Avery 8165 (which aren't removable, but are cheaper). I know some use DigiOrange labels, but I never have. They are cheaper, but I've heard they aren't great with a silhouette.

I have a Silhouette, but I've never used it. So I cut my stickers by hand. There are facebook groups about using the Silhouette to cut stickers for planners. This group is geared for the Erin Condren planner, but I'm sure there are others too.

Have fun!
Old 01-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post
Well aren't we a bunch of darn enablers!
This!! But, that's ok I switched to a paper planner this year (cheap one from Staples, I think) and I much prefer it over trying to keep track of everything on my phone. I just ordered an Erin Condren one, but I had some xmas money so I don't feel bad about it.... and if I like it, I'll ask for another one for xmas next year - win, win.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

FYI there's a facebook group for scrappy planner people Planners Who Scrap
Old 01-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I love making my pages digitally, and then I make notes as the week got on. I don't sticker them up as I go or anything. I stopped buying the binder inserts a few years ago because they were boring and then I started keeping a digital calendar. But I do Not get stuff done if I can't write it down day to day. I got a pretty Becky Higgins planner binder, but have been creating my own 6x8 pages, since what designer really wants to provide every size imaginable? Lol!! But I really love the 6x8 since I can put the page protectors in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's the main planner I'm using for 2016, a 5x7 DIY that I discbound. The cover is from a set of dividers by The Happy Planner that I cut down and had laminated.

This is what I meant when I said that I wanted to have pretty inserts without taking the time to decorate each week. I used Woodland Winter by Studio Flergs to digiscrap my January inserts, and I'll reuse the same design all month. Luckily I remembered to photograph before I wrote too much all over them.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That's beautiful rachel! where did you print your insert pages?
Old 01-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh I love that Rachel!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
That's beautiful rachel! where did you print your insert pages?
I used Best Value Copy online. I chose a thicker paper (28 lb, I think) for the inserts and they came out very well. So much easier than last year, when I manually cut all my paper to 5x7 and then fed it into the printer one sheet at a time so I could get the double sided printing to come out right!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Did you use any sort of template to start your pages or did you do it all from scratch?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Did you use any sort of template to start your pages or did you do it all from scratch?

I mostly did it from scratch. I bought Mari Koegelenberg's layered planner insert files and was going to use them, but in the end I decided to try it myself first since I prefer vertical days and couldn't find a template with them. I did use Mari's flag shape for the days and her horizontal lines.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I decided not to use a planner this year (I used one from KikkiK last year and loved it), but all of these gorgeous photos are making me regret my decision a lot!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome!

Old 01-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I also use an Erin Condren Life Planner and have for a couple years. It really helped me while I was in college, working, and balancing a home life. I used a vertical (like Liz has) before, but during the summer I switched to a horizontal. Here is my instagram, which I don't regularly update, but does show the decorating I have done using some digital scrapbooking kits.
https://www.instagram.com/pixel.paper.plan/
Julie your horizontal is so pretty. I have horizontal too but I don't use it. It was originally a blog planner but deleted the blog, then it was going to be a fitness planner and I stopped that.

So if someone wants an EC horizontal planner to try out, I can send it to you. It won't have a cover (since the covers are personalized) and I would cut out the pages I wrote on. But I stopped using it in like August and it was an 18 month. So you could use it all year.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
I decided not to use a planner this year (I used one from KikkiK last year and loved it), but all of these gorgeous photos are making me regret my decision a lot!

the new year just started so it's not too late
i'm going to join the craze and got one from Kikki.K this year

now, where do you ladies get the accesories - stickers & all the cute stuff from?
i don't want to print too much at home because of the ink cost

Old 01-02-2016, 04:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Am I the only one here who admire those beautified and cutesy awesome planners and wished to make one every year but always end up using a simple planner?! I feel ashamed
Old 01-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanthia122 View Post
I just ordered one online, and 2016 will be the year I get back to a pen-and-paper planner! I used to have a planner (we called it "schedules") when I was in high school... everyone had them. In college I just had everything in my head, by at the rate my memory is going, it's really time for me to have an actual planner again.

The Carpe Diem planners are 40% off on Blitsy now, plus you get $10 off the first time you order... I wish I had waited, but I already got my Happy Planner coming. Can't justify 2 planners yet!!
I used to do this with my planner in high school as well. I pasted tons of pictures, magazine cut outs, stickers, glitter glue, etc. to the outside. In the inside I used fancy pens, stickers, added journalling, favorite quotes, poems, lyrics to it. And then I lost it. That would have been neat to have now. I usually just write stuff on the calendar or put it in Google Calendar now but I'm intrigued and need to check this out later.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

These look so neat! Not seeing much available in Canada though without ridiculous shipping and exchange.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I just use either Avery 6470 Removable Labels (the removable is nice if you are fussy about lining things up) or the Avery 8165 (which aren't removable, but are cheaper). I know some use DigiOrange labels, but I never have. They are cheaper, but I've heard they aren't great with a silhouette.

I have a Silhouette, but I've never used it. So I cut my stickers by hand. There are facebook groups about using the Silhouette to cut stickers for planners. This group is geared for the Erin Condren planner, but I'm sure there are others too.

Have fun!
Thanks! Just added these to my cart!
Old 01-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't believe that I'm actually going to do this! I was bummed that the planner Shawna posted was sold out... so did a lot of looking around. I really love so much of what all of you are doing! but in the end I went with the SS Carpe Diem [thanks for THAT enable, Flergmeister xx!]. I figured I could afford to take the risk at that price point and I really love that they make page/pocket protectors to use with it.

so now you guys need to hook me up with the essentials! like I'd probably would've just used pencil... but really love the idea of the Frixion erasable pens & highlighters that Lynnette and Rachel were talking about. what mm point do you gals use? I like a fine point, as long as it doesn't feel like it's scratching the paper when you use it.

any favorite spots for cute washi tape and stickers? I'm grabbing some of the sticker paper Julie recommended for printing out some of my SSD faves.

also! I think we should have a weekly/monthly "Planner" thread [like we do for PL] ... I think that would really help me to find ideas and inspiration, seeing what so many of you creative chickas are up to. what say you?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yes I'm a noob so a planner thread sounds awesome! I didn't buy any extras only the daily inserts. Kicking myself! Hopefully I can find something pretty here to satisfy myself lol.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes, I'd like a planner thread. I could use the encouragement to stick with it.

For those who want to participate but may not have a budget for the fancy planners, I purchased a PlanAhead planner at WalMart. I was able to choose one with large print which made me even happier. I don't decorate mine much but I use removable labels and dots from WalMart/Target and I have some washi type tape from Dollar Tree that I use to mark birthdays/family parties.

Last edited by scrap2day; 01-03-2016 at 03:15 AM.