Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default iPad Air or Mini?

I'm getting a tablet and I can't decide between the iPad Air or the iPad Mini. Do you have one? Any words of advice? (I'll be using it 95% of the time at home over wifi.)
Old 07-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I love my iPad Mini! I use it for watching movies and TV, browsing online, and a few games, sometimes for reading ebooks. I originally got the Mini because I couldn't afford the Air, but now I think it's the one I prefer anyway. The size is perfect for me to hold and carry around, and I don't have any issues with looking at a smaller screen.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

The word on the street is that Apple is releasing a larger iphone soon. Might want to check the specs on the sizes and prices, in case you have an iPhone and plan to upgrade. If that is the case then iPad Air for home use and then when your upgrade comes up maybe get the bigger screen.

I have the original size iPad (the first generation) and I have an iPhone. My kids have kindles which are around the size of the mini. If I am watching shows, looking at graphics, or shopping I really prefer the bigger screen size. I read on any and all of our devices ALOT depending on what has a full charge. For reading I actually prefer a smaller screen though since it's easier to get comfortable laying in bed or lounging around without having the bulk of a larger device.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a regular sized iPad and a kindle and like tracey said, it really depends on what you want to use it for! reading is easier on the kindle because it's lighter

Old 07-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You're right! I read on my eReader (a Kobo) and I'd mostly use the iPad for surfing the web while on the couch, or watching movies/tv in the kitchen or on the couch. I might also use it on a stand in the kitchen for recipes.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Full size iPad. The mini screen just doesn't feel like enough more over the iPhone to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have the mini and I love it, mainly because it's the perfect size to fit in my purse and carry around with me. I don't like a big purse or bag...I carry a small crossbody and the mini fits perfectly. I read on mine more than anything, but it's great for surfing and stuff as well...and easy to hold for long periods. I just really prefer it's size over the larger one. If I really need a larger screen, I just use the laptop.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In our house we have a Nexus 7 which is very comparable to size to an iPad mini and we have an iPad2. I researched a long time before getting the Nexus and I really thought the smaller size would be so convenient. DH got it for me for Christmas and I loved it. Then my job gave me the iPad... and, well... I tried to fight it but the fact is, I like the size of the iPad a lot better. In fact, my Nexus is now my husband's Nexus. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the larger size is so much easier on the eyes!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:54 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I tried both out in the stores and ended up going with the iPad because I typically use it for being on the internet. It's much easier to read webpages on the iPad than on the mini. I recommend trying them out in a store. However, once you are ready to buy, I suggest looking on Apple's refurbished products. I got my iPad that way and it was a great way to save some money on it. It comes to you looking brand new and has the same warranty that a regular Apple product has. You can find the Apple refurbished products here- http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I absolutely love my mini!! I love the size and weight of it. It fits into my purse. I feel like the screen is plenty big for my needs, but I could see how some people would want bigger.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

just fyi: i was getting ready to buy an ipad tmw but i found out a new ipad will be coming out on sept 19th so i'm holding out for that

Old 07-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm no help. We have 5 full sized iPads in our house!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE my iPad mini! I use it for everything and for me the size is perfect to take everywhere I go.