Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default When you post in other galleries do you...

Pick out some favorites you've recently done to upload and get you started or do you start with new pages only?

I was looking for a place to start another gallery to share my layouts and I remembered one that I already had from years ago when I was paper scrapping so I thought I'd just use that one. I was thinking I'd pick some of my favorite layouts that I've done and upload them just to get back into it..... And then post new ones after that. What would you do?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have never done that only because I just never had the time...or just didn't want to take the time to do that. LOL! Sounds like a good idea though.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I guess it depends who you want to share them with, and what you want them to see. If you just want a place to have all your layouts online, then upload them all. If you just want your best work on display, then just upload your favourites. There's no right or wrong - it all depends on what you want. My main gallery is here at SSD because I'm on the store CT, and I don't use outside products.

Personally, I also find pinterest and facebook good places to share CT layouts. I found many open galleries like DST didn't actually get many page views. I gave up posting at those places because it took so much time to upload pages, yet no one looked at them, so what was the point?

Last edited by jacinda; 04-15-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Might depend on just how many layouts that might be to do them all. It's nice to see the evolution in style from the past to today and that can get a little muddied if you post recent stuff and then go back occasionally to add older ones. Like Jacinda said, if you are creating a new gallery with a purpose of having a body of work to refer people to see maybe just your favorites. If it's like a backup source for your layouts, by all means do them all. I've done both!
Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies.

The gallery here at SSD is also my main gallery... Besides a few templates now and then I only use SSD products. When I was paper scrapping I had a gallery set up at scrapbook.com to share those pages, I also had a digital gallery there (omg has my style and skill ever changed since then!!!), I don't want a gallery for everything, just another spot to showcase the best of my best... the idea is to draw more people to my pinterest boards (and of course to SSD).

Oh and the evolution of pages is AMAZING! I was looking through my gallery here last night and I see a HUGE difference in my work just since last summer... I never expected it to be as noticeable as it is in less than a year.

Thanks ladies! Talking about this with people who understand has really helped.