Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default I need some help.....

We just had our third baby three months ago and still my life hasn't returned to any semblance of normal.

I feel overwhelmed. I feel like I don't get a minute to spare. I feel that by the time my older two are in bed that I'm past the breaking point.

My older two are 6 and 4 and go to camp everyday. I work three days a week. Yet even with them gone all that time we just can't seem to make it work.

My biggest issue is that they seem completely unable to play by themselves. As in, they walk around the house touching things they're not supposed to instead of playing. My 6 year old has a doll house, barbies, etc and she doesn't play. My 4 year old has trucks, handy manny tools, etc. Nope, nothing.

I need help because I'm on the verge of a breakdown and it's not pretty.

That and I have mastitis which is a real kick in the gut to someone with a low milk supply.

And the worst is that I haven't scrapped since he was born and I miss it so.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can only offer you *hugs*, Alisa.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Baby can suck the sanity and creativity out of you! I have so been there! I was SO tired and cranky for the first 6 months that we had our foster son. My 6 yo was at his worse behavior ever! Same thing.......getting into trouble, no playing, ect. It was driving me crazy. What worked for us......is when the baby actually napped (few and far between!) I made sure to have some one on one time with him. He just wanted mommy attention without the baby interrupting. It fixed itself very quickly when I started doing that.

Light is at the end of the tunnel though! I started scrapbooking when he was 8 months old and now at 11 months life is NORMAL again. Just hang in there! You are not going crazy. I promise.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Aww, you sound like you have a lot on your plate. I had low supply too and struggled to make it to six months. I was so wound up about it, looking back I should have probably just stopped and gone back on my anxiety meds. I was barely keeping it together too. My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in my second trimester, my husband was laid off 2 weeks before I was due.....not a fun time at all. Is there family/friends near you that came come over after you get off work or for a few days a week? Having someone over helped me a lot, I could hand the baby to my Mom/BFF and go to bed if I just felt like I was at my breaking point.

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Alisa, hang in there

It's so hard being a working mom. You are a MOTHER, a wife, an employee, (a daughter, a sibling, etc...). I know the feeling of trying to be something to everyone ALL THE TIME.

My kids are 6 and 4 also, and I truthfully can't imagine having a third. I know that he was a wonderful surprise blessing, but for now you need to just focus on making it through. As everyone has said, in 6 months it should be better, and 6 months after that much better, etc. But for now you're the world to three little ones and I can't imagine the daily stress from that!

I have an employee (and good friend) who has FIVE kids all under 7. I can tell that some days she's just barely keeping it all together. But she takes one or two weekends a year and goes off to a local hotel all by herself just to have her own time to recuperate and restore. It makes such a world of difference.

I say...assign chores to your hubby (they don't feel emotional drain like we do!), get the kids to help - I started having mine help clean the house and I pay them for it (spare change, LOL, but they love it). And don't put pressure on yourself to do anything more than SURVIVE each day. And just know that things will get better and better, week by week.

hang in there!!! ((hugs))

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

(hug)