Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default The new Disney FastPass+

HELP!

I posted this on FB, but I thought I would ask here too. I'm so lost with this new FastPass+ thing... trying to set it up right now for our visit at the end of the month.

I am having trouble figuring out how this will work. I'm stuck at step1: Do I make the same selections for all of us even though Grace (5) is probably too young to do some of the rollercoasters we ride? If I give her a separate itinerary does that mean some of our fastpasses might overlap?

I'm also wondering if this means I have to know which park we will be visiting on each day. Lastly, are there certain rides that have such long lines that we will NEED to grab a fastpass for them now that they have this system? Like... get a FP+ for toystory mania no matter what? Can I change my scheduled FastPasses at a later time? Ugh! Help!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Brook, I was just in Disney in November. I can help you out with it. I can warn you that resort guests can book their FP+ starting 60 days out from their first day so it might be hard, at this point, to get some of the more popular ones (ie Anna & Elsa, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, parades, fireworks, etc.)

You will have to decide which parks your visiting each day in order to make you FP+ in advance (you can wing it and make them day of but risk not getting more popular rides/attractions)

If it's a popular ride and it's available, I'd grab it if I were you. You can make changes to the times of your FP+ as well as change it entirely. Also, once you use the three you initially schedule, you can can get a 4th, 5th, etc.

Grrr...I edited to add more here and it just got sucked into the nether reaches of the internet. *sigh* If you PM me, I can offer you more suggestions or answer any other questions you have.

Last edited by JuliaM; 01-07-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been since they started the new system, but the disboards.com is the best place to ask anything you can imagine Disney related.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I would say for sure fastpass Toy Story Mania. The wait for that one is always super long.

I really don't love the fastpass+ system and I'm really hoping that they will revamp it. But it is nice that you can make your selections before you go and change them if you want on the fly.