Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default End of Year Review

On January 22, 2019, I had finally made 7,000 comments. I was so proud of myself because I'm not a very chatty person in real life. But earlier this year, I had made a personal goal of getting more involved with SSD and getting on Page 1 of the Members List with my comments. However that also meant that I needed to have a comment count HIGHER than 11,728 comments to get on that first page, if that number didn't change with other people's comments!

Here's a screenshot of my post 1-22-19

That's a lot of comments, to get to the first page, especially since it's not a static number. I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd get there this year because it meant I'd have to make a little over 416 comments a month, plus most of January was already over! But I tried anyways, even though I knew we were moving because I wanted to see if it was possible!

We are about to flip the calendar in to 2020 and I'm SO happy to say that not only am I on that first page, but I hope to make the remaining 122 comments before tomorrow night to make it an even 12,000 comments for 2019. I'm doing it!!! Or should I say, I did it!!

Who knows, maybe in 2020, I'll make another 5000 more comments and surpass Kellie or Kristin--I doubt it because they are quite active with their comments, but I do know I'll continue commenting in the gallery because there are so many amazing and talented scrappers uploading their layouts! Being in the gallery was a huge highlight of my year!

I'm also very excited to see that something I set out to do the beginning of this year, something that I didn't think was possible, I was actually able to achieve and make it happen! Still a little in shock that it happened!

Where are you on the Member's List?
---> click the Community button above, next to the FAQ's
drop down

---> select "Members Lists"

---> once that page opens, select "posts" and it will generate the member's list from highest to lowest comments.

---> Look for your name to see where you are

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have any commenting goals you made this year? Did you make it? Do you plan on making any next year?

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 12-30-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Wendy!

I like to comment in the gallery as well. I love looking at layouts and I believe that there's something nice to say about every layout.
I don't make any commenting goals, but I always comment on the people who leave love for me. And to pay it forward I comment on two other layouts as well.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good for you Wendy! That's a lot of talking
Old 12-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Way to go Wendy!

I like to comment in the gallery as well. I love looking at layouts and I believe that there's something nice to say about every layout.
I don't make any commenting goals, but I always comment on the people who leave love for me. And to pay it forward I comment on two other layouts as well.
You are IMPOSSIBLE to catch up!! I think you had 10k earlier this year and now look at you!! Next year you are going to be passed Robin!
Old 12-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Who knows, maybe in 2020, I'll make another 5000 more comments and surpass Kellie or Kristin--I doubt it because they are quite active with their comments, but I do know I'll continue commenting in the gallery because there are so many amazing and talented scrappers uploading their layouts! Being in the gallery was a huge highlight of my year!
LOL! You could probably easy pass me. Remember that's years and years worths of posts in the gallery and forums.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can't believe that you did it!! Woohoo!
Old 12-30-2019, 05:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Wendy!!!!!

I don't make any commenting goals. Like Sarah, I just remember to return the love I get in the gallery and try to pay it forward too.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Wendy that’s quite an accomplishment!!
I would like to be more active but many times I feel like a thread killer, lol.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I didn't make any commenting goals... but I would like to do better at getting into the forums to leave love.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome, Wendy!

I'm going to set a goal of making it to 1,000 comments in 2020. Doesn't sound like much compared to what you've accomplished! I'm going to really focus on returning comments to all of the lovely people that leave comments for me! I'm so bad at commenting, though. I feel like I say the same things on every page. Something else to work on, I guess!
Old 12-30-2019, 08:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I never even knew about that.

Remember when Paula commented on every.single.layout. posted? Her legacy lives on, even though she hasn't been active here in years!

Wendy, I bet you could overtake a lot of people since so many of the people on the first page aren't active here anymore. And also I like getting to know you better this year, plus you leave great, genuine comments on layouts.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:16 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Way to go, Wendy!! I can understand your sense of accomplishment! I think what makes it even better is the fact that you know you'd make someone smile from reading a comment left on their page
Old 12-30-2019, 10:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, congrats, Wendy! 5000 or so posts in a year is a huge accomplishment, and it's even harder to do now than it was when many of the front-pagers got their high counts since the forums and galleries are less active now!

I'm still there on page 2. Looking at that list is such a blast from the past. Given that many of us who are on pages 1 and 2 joined in 2007 and 2008, I don't know whether to be sad seeing the names of scrappers who aren't around anymore or impressed with how many of us are still here!
Old 12-30-2019, 10:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WTG, Wendy! So glad you were able to complete what you set out to do.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I can't believe that you did it!! Woohoo!
Me either! I honestly didn't think I'd do it, in fact my back-up plan was by the end of 2020!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Way to go Wendy that’s quite an accomplishment!!
I would like to be more active but many times I feel like a thread killer, lol.
I feel like that sometimes too!! Maybe that's why lately I've been sticking to the gallery???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
That's awesome, Wendy!

I'm going to set a goal of making it to 1,000 comments in 2020. Doesn't sound like much compared to what you've accomplished! I'm going to really focus on returning comments to all of the lovely people that leave comments for me! I'm so bad at commenting, though. I feel like I say the same things on every page. Something else to work on, I guess!
That's awesome!! You can do that! I know you can! That's less than 85 comments a month!! You figure with the passport challenge, you already have 15 gallery comments, plus one to start your tracking, leaving you with only 69 more comments to make! You got this! I know you can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I never even knew about that.

Remember when Paula commented on every.single.layout. posted? Her legacy lives on, even though she hasn't been active here in years!

Wendy, I bet you could overtake a lot of people since so many of the people on the first page aren't active here anymore. And also I like getting to know you better this year, plus you leave great, genuine comments on layouts.[
I think my new goal is to be one of the top 15 by the end of 2020....I think. I'm still doing my math to see if I can do 500 comments a month and if that will get to where I want to be at the end of the year!

You can always get to know me better!! I'd love to get to know you a lot better too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Way to go, Wendy!! I can understand your sense of accomplishment! I think what makes it even better is the fact that you know you'd make someone smile from reading a comment left on their page
Aw, you are so sweet!! I think it was you and Sarah who got me commenting in the gallery. You guys were always doing it and I thought "I can help them" and now it turned in to a thing where if I'm stuck scrapping, I'm in the gallery. If I'm sad, I'm in the gallery, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Wow, congrats, Wendy! 5000 or so posts in a year is a huge accomplishment, and it's even harder to do now than it was when many of the front-pagers got their high counts since the forums and galleries are less active now!

I'm still there on page 2. Looking at that list is such a blast from the past. Given that many of us who are on pages 1 and 2 joined in 2007 and 2008, I don't know whether to be sad seeing the names of scrappers who aren't around anymore or impressed with how many of us are still here!
I've been told that the Designers used to keep their CT Forums here and when the ct commented, it helped with their comment count. Now that most have gone to social media, it's really hard to get a lot of forum comments. That's why I stick with the gallery--no one has to be on the same time I am for me to leave love on beautiful layouts!

You'll get out of page 2 and be on page 1 one day! I know it!! And yes, it is sad to see so many of them either not scrapping or moved on. But hey, some are starting to come back, so there's hope they might return one day

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 01-01-2020 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:38 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Aw, you are so sweet!! I think it was you and Sarah who got me commenting in the gallery. You guys were always doing it and I thought "I can help them" and now it turned in to a thing where if I'm stuck scrapping, I'm in the gallery. If I'm sad, I'm in the gallery, etc.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow! What an accomplishment Wendy! I know I notice and am thankful of people who comment on layouts.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

How awesome! Congrats!