Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 07-25-2021, 04:20 PM
ChristineF's Avatar
ChristineF ChristineF is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,163
Default M1 macs

I'm getting to the point were I need to upgrade from my 2015 macbook pro and these days it's all about the M1 chip with Apple. So what I was wondering is if anyone has either of the new M1 macs and if they work just dandy for digiscrapping just like any other mac?

Also, I think I might have convinced myself to get the iMac vs the macbook, anyone have any pros or cons they want to share I'll gladly listen. I have loved my macbook pro, but it's got a small screen and since I have the newest ipad pro I don't really need the portability as much. So upside, I get bigger screen, downside it's not portable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2021, 05:39 PM
MamaBee's Avatar
MamaBee MamaBee is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 15,203
Default

I’ve been waiting for the m1 chip to be able to get a new macpro laptop (my current one is like 8yrs old). My husband is a mac fanatic (he is vice chair of the local Mac user group, haha)… these are suppose to be the best and will keep up with my scrapping… and I can bring my laptop to its knees.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2021, 12:42 PM
KristinCB's Avatar
KristinCB KristinCB is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 19,832
Default

I won't be upgrading my mac for at least a few more years hopefully so I haven't read much on the new chips. I will say i LOVE having an imac and couldn't imagine working or scrapping on a laptop and enjoying it the same way. While it's not totally portable it's really not that hard to move it around if you have a desk in more than one area of your home since it's just the single piece you have to move.

One nice thing about the imacs is it is super easy to install ram yourself (it's just like putting in a battery) I don't upgrade my ram when I buy the mac from apple because it's super expensive and I've just upgraded via amazon instead.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2021, 03:59 PM
ChristineF's Avatar
ChristineF ChristineF is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I’ve been waiting for the m1 chip to be able to get a new macpro laptop (my current one is like 8yrs old). My husband is a mac fanatic (he is vice chair of the local Mac user group, haha)… these are suppose to be the best and will keep up with my scrapping… and I can bring my laptop to its knees.
Yeah that's pretty much what I've learned by watching endless test and reviews of it. It's just the leap from laptop to desktop that seems scary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2021, 04:05 PM
ChristineF's Avatar
ChristineF ChristineF is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I won't be upgrading my mac for at least a few more years hopefully so I haven't read much on the new chips. I will say i LOVE having an imac and couldn't imagine working or scrapping on a laptop and enjoying it the same way. While it's not totally portable it's really not that hard to move it around if you have a desk in more than one area of your home since it's just the single piece you have to move.

One nice thing about the imacs is it is super easy to install ram yourself (it's just like putting in a battery) I don't upgrade my ram when I buy the mac from apple because it's super expensive and I've just upgraded via amazon instead.
Well the bigger screen is the big sell for me and actually the main reason I want to upgrade. As far as the RAM I don't think it's as easy to upgrade on your own on these new ones. Still the bigger screen <3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2021, 04:25 PM
KristinCB's Avatar
KristinCB KristinCB is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 19,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
As far as the RAM I don't think it's as easy to upgrade on your own on these new ones. Still the bigger screen <3
booo that's a huge bummer
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2021, 11:06 AM
ChristineF's Avatar
ChristineF ChristineF is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,163
Default

I went with the iMac. So excited! I haven't scrapped on a large screen since 2013! First I had the 11inch macbook air and upgraded to macbook 15inch. So this will be HUGE, but hopefully I'll get even more scrapping done.

Best of all, it's blue <3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-28-2021, 08:27 AM
Kellymr Kellymr is offline
Sweetie Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
Default

I have both a desktop and the laptop and truthfully I prefer scrapping on the desktop. I love the larger monitor and I am able to have a 2nd monitor with all my kits elements and papers open and then I can drag/drop.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2021, 01:20 AM
ChristineF's Avatar
ChristineF ChristineF is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellymr View Post
I have both a desktop and the laptop and truthfully I prefer scrapping on the desktop. I love the larger monitor and I am able to have a 2nd monitor with all my kits elements and papers open and then I can drag/drop.
Yeah, the larger size screen makes it all much easier. So excited to get it, if only it didn't take Apple forever to ship it out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs – The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative