Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 03/02 Small Joys

I'm a big believer in relishing the small moments, taking pleasure in the little things in life.

That is today's question....

Tell me about a small moment. What is a little thing that brightens up your day, makes you happy?
Old 03-02-2020, 12:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My son wakes up every day and makes a point to come out of his room and tell me good morning. My daughter...she can be awake for hours and not come out until she's hungry. lol

Old 03-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cliche but the kids telling me they love me and seeing them smile. It’s been a tough 7/8 months for us all and we’re coming through the other end now and I’m so thankful for them
Old 03-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sunshine....it makes me happy to wake up, come into the kitchen and see clear skies outside. I am not a fan of rain which we get a lot of here on the west coast. Every morning I make my coffee, grab my phone and sit down on the kitchen stool.I check the weather app to see what the day will be like. I try to plan Taz's walks around the weather if possible.

I also am really happy about my phone app that I can read my digi books on. I start each morning by drinking my coffee and reading....every....single....day. I used to have a Kobo reader but now that I can read on my phone, it's so much more convenient. I never go anywhere without my phone so always am able to read when I'm waiting for appts, in a checkout line, etc.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Every morning all 3 boys (who are all in their teens) will say "Love you Mom" as they leave to walk to their bus stop for school. Even if they are in a foul mood, not feeling 100%, or if they are rushing out the door because they got a late morning start, every single one of them does it. In fact, there have been times when my oldest was running late and rushed out the door without saying it, but then I'd see him from my desk run down the driveway, pop his head back in the door to yell "love you ma" then slam and run out again LOL It means everything to me. <3
Old 03-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Most nights at bedtime, I tell my kids a "secret". I stole this routine from someone who stole it from her sister I whisper, "I love you more than ____" and fill in the blank with something I love. For instance, tonight I told my daughter "I love you more than purple" and I told my son "I love you more than I love putting my pajamas on after wearing work clothes all day".
It's just a special little moment that we all look forward to... And sometimes, they'll give me a secret too.

Last edited by knittingbec; 03-02-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Of course I love the usual "i love yous" from my kiddos....

but the best are the surprise ones from others.... like one of my littles was having a rough week (those 3 year old listening ear just were not working). Every day when I tuck them in for nap, i tell them, "Good night, sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite, I love you" and as I was walking over to tuck him in, he says, "I love you Miss Stacy" oh my heart...... that was kinda a big joy...

and coffee.... coffee is my small joy every day....lol

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-02-2020, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son Eli have a daily routine when I pick him up from school I say hello handsome how was you day and we discuss how his school day was. It’s just as important to him as it is me. One day when I was overly stressed over Doug shortly after him being his by the school bus I forgot to say it and just said did you have a good day. He was unusually quiet and I thought maybe his dads injury had him overly worried too. He opened up to me later that night and told me he missed me not saying hello handsome when I picked him up, two little words I had started with ease as he is my handsome boy. So my beautiful small moment is my afternoon hello to my handsome son.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Sunshine....it makes me happy to wake up, come into the kitchen and see clear skies outside. I am not a fan of rain which we get a lot of here on the west coast. Every morning I make my coffee, grab my phone and sit down on the kitchen stool.I check the weather app to see what the day will be like. I try to plan Taz's walks around the weather if possible.

I also am really happy about my phone app that I can read my digi books on. I start each morning by drinking my coffee and reading....every....single....day. I used to have a Kobo reader but now that I can read on my phone, it's so much more convenient. I never go anywhere without my phone so always am able to read when I'm waiting for appts, in a checkout line, etc.
I wish i could read with ease from my phone, I have to read off of my iPad, my eyes are just too far gone. I even have to use large print on it in order to read comfortably. It’s tough because I love to read and often forget to grab my iPad when heading out. My phone would be ideal.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I too believe in cherishing those little moments Rae ... I find joy in lots of little things throughout the day ... sometimes it's that first cup of coffee that tastes especially good -- sometimes it's not having issues with all of the daily reporting I do at work -- other times it might be seeing a cardinal or bald eagle on my drive throughout the day. Nothing, however; tops hearing "I love you, Grandma" from my grandbabies!! (That, and their hugs - those little people give the BEST hugs ever!)
Old 03-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs from my kids and my husband always help brighten any crappy day...and we've been having a lot of them lately. I love watching the sunrise in the morning and some times that's all it takes to jumpstart my day on a positive note seeing the sky turn from dark to purple & pink to bright and sunny!
Old 03-02-2020, 10:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Not counting the joys from my husband and son, a great commute to work, either going there or coming back home, is a small joy.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love many small joys. Laughter is huge for me though. To laugh or hear my kids laugh...what a joy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2020, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Having my family and friends is a small joy (actually that's a big joy) and definitely having my sweet little doodle TAZ is a small joy. He makes me laugh and smile every single day. Another small joy is the weather (when its good). This morning I woke up to sunshine and it just makes me happy, makes me feel lighter and less stressed (about you know what LOL).

On the west coast we can go days without much much sunshine so this is a wonderful treat today, to have warmish temps and lots of sunshine. Can't wait for a lunchtime walk with Taz today.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Other small joys are not having frost or dew on my car in the morning - saves me time since I can just get in my car and go. There's no room in our garage for my car.

Also, getting an email, message, or text from a friend I have not heard from in a while is a small joy -- sometimes, it's a big one.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Small joys: Love You text from hubby, forehead kisses, RAK from kids (ie: making coffee unexpectedly or doing an extra chore without asking), seeing wildlife when we're out in the mountains, sunshine (especially this time of year, when it's cloudy/rainy so often), first spring flowers
Old 03-04-2020, 05:12 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

It's that first sip of coffee before anybody else is up in the morning. It's silent, and calm, and this moment that I'm just alone. It's usually still dark, and my den is like this cocoon where I can curl up and sip my coffee while I wake up. It's usually only about 20 minutes before my kids are up, and then the joyful/chaotic/hurried pace of getting ready for school starts. And that's joy in a different way. But because there's so little of the alone and the quiet, I really cherish it.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I agree with you on this one - sunshine makes me happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Sunshine....it makes me happy to wake up, come into the kitchen and see clear skies outside.
Also - coffee before everyone is up is also a delight!
Old 03-04-2020, 07:31 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I just walked outside and it was cold enough to make me brrrr. I love cold weather and I got so excited that I can start the fire tonight. I love the simple pleasure of a warm fireplace and how peaceful it is.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh I totally agree with you about the sunshine- even if it wakes me up shining in the window!

One thing that I love- every night when putting my son to bed, I say "I love you more" and then he says "I love you most" and then we 'argue' over who has known the other the longest and thus loves them the most!
Old 03-04-2020, 11:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 3 year old today was making up songs and kept singing about "I love my mom ... my mom's my best friend" <3

Old 03-05-2020, 04:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What brightens my day if my teens allows me (yes, allows me) to give him a hug and if it is really good day...I might even get a kiss Besides that...I do find my first latte macchiato of the day bliss for sure. Picks me right up and then it's time to start the day
Old 03-05-2020, 06:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My cat smooching against my legs and purring his little heart out whenever I pick him up for a cuddle.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It warms my heart when my 9-year-old is playing and I hear a quiet song coming from him as he plays. And...the song is a hymn.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My spring bulbs are all poking up out of the ground. I go outside every morning to check progress and gloat over them.