Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default starting a new FB profile

Has anyone ever started a new FB profile from scratch before?? I am thinking of doing it and wondered if it's ridiculously tedious and time consuming? I would like to use FB to connect with my online friends and not have extended family on there, but I feel bad just deleting them all. There was a falling out and now people are spying on me and it feels weird. I know if I delete them outright it will cause even more drama than there already is.... Anyone have thoughts or done it before?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's a tough one. In the past I had multiple accounts (back when gaming was the thing to do on facebook) just to keep those friends separate. I can definitely see the benefits of keeping friends and online friends separate from family, it is a little bit of a pain switching back and forth, and sending out new friend requests. I have a few people that I don't like seeing everything that I post, I just make sure when posting things I want kept from them that I do a custom post and I select to not share that post with that person, or I lock photo albums so that one person can't see what is posted in them. It's also a little bit of work because you have to change the settings every time you post something, BUT not bad when it's just one or two people.... if there are quite a few people, then having a second account may be the easier way to go, just my opinion / experience.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have people I don't want to see my junk on acquaintances. Then I set my layouts to public. Then all my pictures are friends except acquaintances. I thought about making a family facebook and a games/scrapbook/etc but, then I'd end up only actually posting on one.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I think if I were in your shoes, I'd create a custom list of the family that you'd like to keep out of your business. You can set it not to share with that certain list. That way they aren't seeing anything you post, but they don't feel like they've been deleted either. It's actually pretty easy to set up. I've got lists for family, high school friends, etc. I really should make a scrapping friends list. LOL

I think that would be way less annoying than having to switch between accounts.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

going through my friends list sounds so time consuming. lol! I thought a new profile might be easier? *sigh* I wish that you could edit in bulk like you used to be able to do! I might start with trying that...the lists things. I have started before but got fed up after a bit lol
Old 03-20-2015, 04:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You can just make your account custom, where they can't see your posts & photos. I do that with people I don't want to completely delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

THIS is one of the main reasons I stepped away from FB. A couple of my siblings are very angry, nasty people, and they seem to find a way to insert their nastiness into all kinds of situations. Even if it wasn't me they were talking to (though it often was) I would see their angry outbursts and status updates and it was breaking my heart. So I got really fed up one day and blocked my sister. Of course she figured it out pretty quickly and raged about it. Then a few months later I did the same with my brother. More drama. I have enough trouble trying to stay positive in my daily life w/o seeing all their negative crap all the time! lol!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I did 3 years ago. Once I logged out of the old one I never went back. But I'd probably just put those family members on a restricted list to stop them without blocking.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I have too many photos and memories on mine, I've had it since 2007, and I don't want to delete it. I thought about the same thing. I went through and deleted a ton of people, and put a bunch on restricted. It was a little time consuming, but the negativity I deleted out of my life is astounding.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

making a list isn't too bad! it would be easier than starting a new FB i think
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
but the negativity I deleted out of my life is astounding.
What she said!
Old 03-20-2015, 11:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you set them to "restricted" or "acquaintances" and then additionally do not follow them (without unfriending them) they will not know that you are basically ignoring them. Every once in a while post a funny comic or inspirational photo or something that is visible to them so they just think you are quiet.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have started the listing and blocking. I have one list of "Exclude" and my posts are set to always block them. I just went through my feed and I found one family member and then went through our mutual friends because I am not up to going through all of my friends list. :/ Thanks for the advice! We will see how this goes but I so hope these whackadoos will leave us alone a bit!