Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm
Default Love letters to our kids

Our youngest just got an email account. It's mostly for him to play one particular game with his Dad online. But I love using it to drop him little love letters for him to discover when he checks it daily.

Do you send your kids love letters or leave messages in their lunch boxes or jacket pockets for them to find during the day ?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

My mom used to always leave me a note in my lunch box or backpack every single day....even up until I graduated high school she left me some sort of note. It always made my day.

Kennedy's too young to read but I still write little notes and put them in a box for her.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

not exactly love letters but I post pictures and videos and things on facebook for my kids with little messages. My youngest doesnt really use the computer much though and my oldest well Im a little upset with her attitude the last couple days. Really hoping it is just the pregnant hormones and that she is almost due because Im kinda tired of her taking it out on me

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I put a note in their lunch boxes every single day. Although I often use printables, but they have both absolutely LOVED it.

I also started a mom and me journal with my oldest a year or so ago, but we haven't been very good at keeping up with it.

I started having all the girls email grandma every Sunday, just from my account for now. They LOVE it and of course grandma loves it too. I love that you can email him little notes. That's so cute!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the reminder, Darcy. I have been slacking lately. No reason other than laziness. Sad but true. I am going to write one to Landon while he is at school today for him to discover when he gets home. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not anymore - Cheyanne doesn't use her email account hardly at all anyway, but I do post praise on her FB wall when she does something well. She really really hates the mushy stuff, and I think she gets that from me!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

these are all great ideas!! I can't wait for my youngest to start to read...but I should put little pictures in her lunch box. She would probably like that!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aww... what a great idea!! I think I'll go write a note for kiddo's lunch box... even though we homeschool - he goes to a YMCA class over noon time while I workout... so it will be unexpected.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

recap... J just came to me with the note in hand from his lunchbox at the Y...

J - "Mama, did you put this note in my lunchbox?"
M - "yes, I did... did you read it?"
J - "aww, Mama - I love you too!!" And then he started to cry and gave me a big hug... aww...

Thanks for the reminder, Darcy!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

aww That is so sweet Rebecca

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post

J - "aww, Mama - I love you too!!" And then he started to cry and gave me a big hug... aww...

^^^ awww iLOVE ^^^

http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com
Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post

Awww,
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So ironic that I am working on a layout about a love note tradition in our family.

Every year for 18 years on the night before my son's birthday, I sat down and wrote him a letter about the past year. I talked about the highlights, the low points, the way he had changed during the year, funny moments, every thing I thought worth remembering. Then I took the letter and tucked it in an envelope along with a little some trinket from the year, like a Disney Pass or special photo, sealed it and stuck it in a box that I kept in my closet.

On his 18th birthday, I gave him the box of letters. He was stunned to know I had been doing this. We sat down and he opened and read the first letter with me there. Truthfully, I couldn't remember everything I wrote, but he started to cry and gave me a huge hug and told me it was the best gift ever. He told me he was going to read the letters over time so that he could savor each one and just a few weeks ago, he said he had finally read them all, that he had saved them for days when he needed to feel extra loved. He also said it is something he wants to do with his own children. He also wanted to know if I was still writing him letters and I said he would have to wait to find out.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lorie, that is such an amazing idea. I wish I had started something like that when my babies were born! It would be so neat to have letters from their early years!

I use printable lunchbox notes. I write a personal note on them (on the back if there is a printed note on front) and send them in their lunch boxes. The kids love them. The teachers think I'm cool. LOL I don't do it for that reason, I do it because my kids love it but it has been mentioned a few times by teachers.

I also leave notes in their backpacks sometimes, in their violin cases and now and then (when their rooms aren't a disaster!) on their pillows or in their dresser drawers. I like to buy them cards too, they love getting cards.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a notebook for each kid, and I periodically write notes to them. Birthdays, first days of school, just random moments when I want to remember something we've done together.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i plan on it. someday. i also wanna do pregnancy journals. and birthday letters as well. i have a list of "kid" things to do. once we start having them.

my mom left us random notes. never in lunchboxes (we typically bought lunch), but around the house. especially if she knew we had a big test that day, or if we were in a bad mood, or needed a pick me up. it was nice, especially when we didn't find them until later in the day, when she'd gone to work. i wish i'd thought to keep them.

and lorie, that's one of the sweetest things i've read in a while. i love that he was so touched, and wants to carry on the tradition.