Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default So are you surviving summer so far?

Are all your kidlets home for the summer at this point? Do you send your kids to camp? My kid is currenlty napping.. which is bizarre. LOL I'm not sure what's going on with him but at least we're having a quiet day. We still haven't figured out our summer game plan :/
Old 06-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

no
Old 06-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

no to the surviving.. camp for Lily yes but I could have her here 24/7 and it would still be living in harmony.. not so much with lucas lol
Old 06-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's been raining for almost a week now and we're running out of things to do (that' doesn't mean going places absolutely crowded with other people trying to escape the weather). We're not enjoying summer break right now, just waiting for better weather so we can do all the things we want to do.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we have been having a 2 days Sims 3 marathon lol the house is trashed but we are having a blast
Old 06-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in "OK, summer can be over now" mode. As a teacher, I love May and looking forward to having a break. I actually worked until mid-June. And after about 2 weeks off, I'm kind of like, "Eh. We could go back to work any time." I hate waking up and not having somewhere to go and something to do. My kids don't need me to get them anywhere any more so it's a long day.

Last edited by MissKim; 06-30-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My little guy (I guess he isn't so little) went to karate camp last week...this week he starts swim lessons. I'm trying to get him to go to basketball camp but I don't think he's going to cooperate. I wish I was at home with him for the summer so I could go to camp...I get to go to work everyday.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I homeschool my kids, so summer really isn't all that different for me except that we don't do classes. I need the break from work just as much as they do! haha!

Old 06-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Summer isn't much different for us since I work, only difference is when I have weekdays off (which is often), I can spend the whole day with kiddo. He has been so busy with lots of sports, he has baseball, swimming and soccer. We love spending lots of time in the yard and at the pool in the summer, but it's been a crappy weather summer thus far. Tons of rain and lots of wind. We braved the wind this weekend and went swimming anyway since it was actually not raining. I am just sick of the weather.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have been non stop for all of June... first started with homeschool conference for me - J had a geodraw camp... then into a rummage sale that took up two weekends (long story as to why it took 2 weekends)... then into mode to get everything ready for my husband's 40th birthday and party (which was this last Saturday)... then throw in Jake's summer classes of swimming lessons, dance lessons, violin lessons, and baseball drills. I have been driving all over the place for his stuff... haha... Now, we are getting ready for putting in new flooring in our bedroom and the living room - so that means furniture all over the house, painting, etc.

Phew... I need a vacation... haha We haven't even gotten to get to our school work! And I had big plans for a lot of fun activities!

Last edited by MamaBee; 06-30-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's been going by way too quickly for me. I love summer and having the kids home and less commitments and schedules to meet. It started out really busy and we have another round of crazy coming up but I'm trying to take advantage of the time we have.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We've barely started; kids' last day of school was Wed. We went to visit family for a few days the end of the week and this weekend. This week 1 of them has a morning camp a few towns over, so the other 2 and I are hanging out over there. I'm hoping we'll get to the pool a few afternoons this week, but it may have to wait until next week when our morning activities are closer to home.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I work so my kids are still at daycare all day. At least there they are occupied and I pay them to hear "I'm bored." :P

Old 06-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Mine are home for 2 weeks mid year holidays and I'm over it already. All of us are sick so yay. And mine fight over everything.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel like this week is really our first week of summer break, the last 2 weeks have been crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2014, 08:03 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm barely surviving and not getting nearly enough scrappy time. Ian started an art class today. The kids are in swimming lessons for the next few weeks, and Rae is doing a few dance classes here and there scattered throughout the summer. We're keeping busy and somehow still driving each other crazy. Lol.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So, far this summer is like poop on a stick. It's interesting, it sure is different, but it stinks and I'm kind of over it.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Boy, do I love you, Brooky.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son has done a couple weeks of camp. He loved both! We've also had a couple weeks at home. He's a momma's boy and wants to be everywhere Mommy is (he's 7). So he's been going to my martial arts classes and watching me, going to my part time job and watching me, to the grocery store and learning how to buy groceries! etc.... Plus we've been doing fun summer Chemistry Lessons, which I am really enjoying.

It's been a good 4 weeks at home, but we are ALL looking forward to our big road trip that starts this weekend to visit family. Seattle Ho!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are surviving but only because our busyness seems to be randomly scattered about. Not because we were genius calendar planners - it just happened this way.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I'm barely surviving summer! It's so hot I feel like I'm melting... I'm still excited though... we're going to Hong Kong on the 17th!!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh...it's disgustingly hot here...heading towards 110 degrees today. Bleh!

Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

My youngest made the all star team at the end of May so June was nothing but baseball practice, baseball scrimmage & baseball tournaments. But they lost in the third round of states on Saturday so it's over , thank you Jesus, and summer proper can finally begin!

They boys have been fairly active so I really haven't had too much to deal with yet . Last time they were bored I sent them outside to clean the chicken coop. Time before that they had to drag all the fallen branches to the burn pile.

They don't tell me they are bored much anymore.

I usually have a bit of breakdown every summer, towards the end of it, when it all gets too much and go in the closet and cry for awhile. Last summer it hit me around now, but so far I'm doing good, despite all the baseball.

Last edited by Stacey42; 07-01-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I WISH I was surviving summer! We're in the middle of winter here, with only a few more days of school till the two week term break. I've told the kids we're just hanging out at home these holidays. The last term break was ridiculously busy so I just wanna chill this time.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing pretty good with it. I think it helps that the kids dad and I are switching every other week. So I get them for a week & then he does. Usually a day or two before his week starts I'm counting the hours until he gets them and then after he's had them for two days I'm counting the hours until they come back because I miss them so much. lol.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
They boys have been fairly active so I really haven't had too much to deal with yet . Last time they were bored I sent them outside to clean the chicken coop. Time before that they had to drag all the fallen branches to the burn pile.

They don't tell me they are bored much anymore.
Love it!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Our summer is going okay... I guess. I am 8 months pregnant and very uncomfortable. My right hand/arm that I need to survive has developed carpal tunnel symptoms over the past couple of weeks. The doctor gave me a brace and says it should go away after baby is born...but that still means less computer time..less scrap time.

My sister and nieces drove 13 hours to see us last week, so that was a fun break from the boredom. Now it's just more of keeping my 6 year old busy and getting the last few things ready for baby. Last summer we did a lot more venturing out. It's kind of hard this time around. She did get a chance to go to a water park when her grandparents came up in May.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Surviving here. Work for me 6 days a week and Cheyanne has physical training MWF for 1.5 hours in the morning, basketball practice MTWTH for 2 hours around midday, softball practice MW evenings, and basketball and softball games TTH nights (she alternates between the 2 since this year they happen to be on the same nights). On my one day off (Sundays) we pick a place for a day trip - usually a state park or Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor and spend the day beaching and hiking.

The only thing I'm not doing well with right now is the 90+ degrees along with 100% humidity - it sucks the life right out of me.