Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default If you're pregnant...

Okay, if you're pregnant, you might try to find a Buy Buy Baby store near you.

I went there today and registered, and my registry free gift was AWESOME. You know the little goodie bags places like Babies R Us or Target give you? The ones that have like... 1 diaper, and maybe some wipes and a few coupons? Yeah, this one had coupons, samples, an Avent bottle, a pacifier, bib, LOTS of coupons, samples of lotions, boogie wipes, Gerber snacks.... I mean, it was a gift bag jam packed with stuff.

Their service was amazing. While I was registering, people kept stopping me to see if I had any questions. They offer someone up to go around the store with you as a personal shopper and help you with your registry (I declined- my mom was with me so I didn't really need the help, but it's still cool). For free. Oh, and while we were shopping, a lady walked up and said "Do you two want some water? Let me go get you some complementary water." They brought us each a water bottle, and later when I ran out, I was offered another.

It was worth going for the registry gift alone, but the service made it even better... if you have one near you, it may be worth checking out.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow. That is some serious customer service.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Wow. That is some serious customer service.
I was just floored by their amazing service. They also do the completion program (10% off anything left on your registry) like most stores, which is nice, and a friend's referral award. So if I tell someone to register there and they write my name down on the form, then I'll get a $25 off $100 purchase coupon.

If you're having twins or more, they also do an in-store discount to those who register and are buying more than one of the same exact item.

Oh, and they give you announcement cards with your registry info that you can slip into an invitation, and free gift packaging on all in-store purchases.

They also had a HUGE selection-- way more than Babies R Us in our area has. And they have everything laid out so you can see it. Like, they had an entire display of 20 different play mats, but they were open so you could see the entire thing, instead of having them in-package.

I wasn't sure what a particular thing was (it was a swaddling blanket for summer babies, but it looked like gauze almost), so the lady actually opened a package and said "A lot of women have had this question. I'm just going to get one out and leave it on display so people can feel it!" She let me feel it and everything, then tacked it up so others could do the same.

Every question I had was answered. One lady even offered to look up online reviews of things for me, to help me decide between two different brands of a product (at that point it was high chairs). She gave me tons of information about the pros and cons of each. They also had an actual, literal, car backseat in the store so you could test out how easy/difficult it would be to get some accessories and seats in and out of the car (mind you, all cars are different, but it gave a good idea of things, for me), and they offered to show me how to properly install it.

It was seriously an amazing customer experience. I cannot rave about it more!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Their selection is also so much better than Babies R Us or Toys R Us (well, for everything except toys). They're our go-to store for baby proofing products and car seats, too. You're right that the people there actually seem to know a lot about what they're selling. I love Buy Buy Baby!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Their selection is also so much better than Babies R Us or Toys R Us (well, for everything except toys). They're our go-to store for baby proofing products and car seats, too. You're right that the people there actually seem to know a lot about what they're selling. I love Buy Buy Baby!
I had never heard of it until we got something in the mail today. I immediately went up to the store (I had an appointment in the area, so... it wasn't like I made a special trip. Lol). I was SHOCKED at their baby gate selection-- and PRETTY baby gates, too!!!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll put it on my to-do list if we ever get pregnant again!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I wasn't sure what a particular thing was (it was a swaddling blanket for summer babies, but it looked like gauze almost), so the lady actually opened a package and said "A lot of women have had this question. I'm just going to get one out and leave it on display so people can feel it!" She let me feel it and everything, then tacked it up so others could do the same.
Totally amazing that she would "create a display" on the spot. Next time I'm in the area and have some time I'm going to stop in and check it out.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I just had a baby in April and someone gave me that swaddle blanket. BEST. THING. EVER! This was my 3rd baby, but my first in Arizona, and this blanket is seriously the most awesome blanket I've ever seen. It's so thin and it's HUGE so it makes a great nursing cover AND swaddle blanket. I love it.

And when I asked where the girl got it...she answered, "Buy Buy Baby, which is the coolest baby store ever!"
Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just went to a buy buy baby this past weekend and loved it!!! They have so much stuff!!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like an awesome experiance, but there is no bye bye baby in Oregon.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a great experience! Doesn't look like they have one in Iowa - and I didn't have the patience to find out where they are located in WI! lol

Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmbm View Post
I just had a baby in April and someone gave me that swaddle blanket. BEST. THING. EVER! This was my 3rd baby, but my first in Arizona, and this blanket is seriously the most awesome blanket I've ever seen. It's so thin and it's HUGE so it makes a great nursing cover AND swaddle blanket. I love it.
I had never heard of them, but I'm having a July baby. Most babies love to be tightly wrapped, but I don't want him overheating! Plus, I loved the gauzy feel of the fabric and how lightweight it was.

The lady said a lot of her customers would come in and say that the more you wash it, the softer it gets, which makes me want it even more. I registered for some, but I also think I'm going to go in and use the $5 off coupon I have to buy some anyway.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay - what's the name of that swaddling blanket? We are just kick-starting summer, and today it was +29 (85*F). My poor little baby was roasting in her swaddling blanket. She was literally dripping with sweat and was so upset, she couldn't sleep! A nice thin swaddling blanket is something I NEED.

Huge fan of:

Old 06-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The ones I registered for are the Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets. They're a little pricey ($34.99 for 4)... but apparently they're the best best best.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just saw at today that Aden and Anais has a line exclusive to Target, and they were about $30 for a 4 pack
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gosh I wish Target was in Canada already!!

Huge fan of:

Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow, what great service! If only all stores were so accommodating. If it was me, and I was uber impressed about great service, I would notify their boss/manager/whoever. All too often stores get more of the bad feedback and not so much of the good. Maybe they have a facebook or webpage where you can leave feedback?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Wow, what great service! If only all stores were so accommodating. If it was me, and I was uber impressed about great service, I would notify their boss/manager/whoever. All too often stores get more of the bad feedback and not so much of the good. Maybe they have a facebook or webpage where you can leave feedback?
I definitely informed a manager about how helpful and accommodating everyone was! I'm a firm believer in that people should be recognized for positives, too, because so many managers only hear the negative! It's important that they hear when someone does a great job, as well.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I thought you were on bedrest??
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
I am- my original post was from over a week ago, when I wasn't on bedrest... I was still allowed to go shopping at that point I guess the thread just got bumped!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha I was just going to say the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post

Proud to be creating for:

Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
Hahaha I was just going to say the same thing!
Lol, sorry for the panic guys... I *am* on bedrest, but I wasn't on 6/29, when I posted this

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like a terrific experience - it's always great to know about new and wonderful places :-) Another thing about Buy Buy Baby is that they honor coupons from Babies R Us - and BRU has coupons nearly all the time (based on what I've seen over the past few months). They'll even do it retroactively . . . on one rather hefty purchase I made, I didn't have a BRU coupon with me but BBB said if I brought one back in within 30 days, they'd honor it - and they DID!

I do have to say that the level of service does vary from store to store, though. Believe me when I tell you that after waiting 15 years for a grandchild, I've done a LOT of baby shopping lately! My DIL & I have found the folks at BRU to be significantly more helpful & friendly than at BBB, and the prices are generally a little bit lower. But, the selection on most things is definitely better at BBB and they carry some of the higher end stuff that BRU doesn't.

Like I say, I'm sure it depends on where you are and how the store is managed, but for anyone who hasn't checked out a BBB yet, it's definitely worth the trip!

My Blog: Quantum Leaps