Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 12:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default If you make calendars as gifts...

how do you balance including all the families?

I make calendars for my side of the family. They include my parents, my family, my sister's family, and my brother's family. Each of the 4 families provides photos, and I gift calendars to everyone. Back when I started making them, my oldest was the only grandchild and my siblings weren't married. The entire group of us was only 7 people; now we're 14 people--6 grandkids in 3 different families plus 4 sets of adults. My parents like to have every grandchild on every page, which means I'm packing between 3 and 6 photos on every page. It's just not fun to make the calendars anymore. I love the result, but even pre-made calendars require so much tweaking that they're not fast. I don't want to stop making them, but I don't want to keep doing it like this, either. So hit me with your best ideas for how to divide up the pages. I'm thinking of assigning 2 pages for each family, 1 page for a group photo of the cousins, 1 page for a group photo of all of us, and then having the 3 or so remaining pages include all 6 kids. Has anyone done anything different? Thanks!

Last edited by rach3975; 12-17-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There are six siblings in my family and I do one for my mom every year. I don't always get pictures from my siblings, but can scavenge off FB sometimes. So it really depends on the pictures. Since there are 6 kids, I usually devote the top of the calendar to one family so each of us would have 2 months focus. But if I don't have enough pictures then I would combine - for example - this year I did all the first day of school pictures of the grandkids I had - or halloween pictures of grandkids for October, etc. Then I put a picture of each person on their Birthday and anniversary in the calendar grid. I also add pictures down in the calendar grid on the non date squares just to add the extra pictures that may not have fit anywhere else.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knclark View Post
There are six siblings in my family and I do one for my mom every year. I don't always get pictures from my siblings, but can scavenge off FB sometimes. So it really depends on the pictures. Since there are 6 kids, I usually devote the top of the calendar to one family so each of us would have 2 months focus. But if I don't have enough pictures then I would combine - for example - this year I did all the first day of school pictures of the grandkids I had - or halloween pictures of grandkids for October, etc. Then I put a picture of each person on their Birthday and anniversary in the calendar grid. I also add pictures down in the calendar grid on the non date squares just to add the extra pictures that may not have fit anywhere else.
Thanks! That sounds like what I was envisioning. I asked for Halloween photos from each family for Oct, and other than that I'm not going to try to tie into the seasons. I think my brother and sister will send photos, but if they don't I've probably already got enough!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Each family gets a few pages, much like you, and some pages are group pages. I usually assign a month based on birthdays, or near birth months for the grandkids. I just make sure every family is equally represented and every grandchild shown. And it's just for my Dad....
Old 12-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only make one for my parents and I only include photos of Cheyanne - I started when she was a baby as a way for them to have a yearly "album" of her photos.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks! I'm actually looking forward to working on them, and it's been a few years since I could say that. I've got photos from 2 of the 3 families, but I still have to sort through mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk