Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default I just ordred this!!!

and I can't wait to start it next year...thanks Tracy & NeeNee for sharing your photos on FB to enable me LOL

and quite a few page protectors I am going to print some of my favorite digi pages throughout the year and add them in 12x12 page protectors throughout my album I am so excited to start this project anybody else going to do a hybrid album in 2012?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am waiting to see the shutterfly option
Old 12-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm not brave enough to do this...anything related to paper scrapping scares me
Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
hahaha..I have a whole room dedicated to paper stuff, but what I like about this is bascially you just put your 4x6 pictures in the slots and then put the little precut journal cards with your journaling in the other slots so we will see LOL! I think the hardest thing for me will be printing my pictures weekly!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1279 View Post
I am waiting to see the shutterfly option
Shutterfly options are already up and I'm really not impressed with them. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go the paper route or the digi route, or maybe just not at all. DH isn't too keen on the whole idea.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would LOVE to do it. I think it looks so fun, still providing the opportunity to scrap pages when you want to without feeling like you have to scrap EVERY moment/event. I'm thinking I'll start psyching myself up for it for next year.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

I can't decide if I want to do it paper or digi or a mix of both.

They have templates that fit the page protectors now so I'm thinking I can do my journaling digi and just print it then slip it on the page protectors like the photos. On the other hand just printing photos and using the journal cards from the core kit seem to be much easier.

Ahhhh I can't decide!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
I think the hardest thing for me will be printing my pictures weekly!!!
Yes...this! I am just going to have to pick a day every week to upload them and go pick them up. My printer at home isn't good enough to print them here.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

As slow as I am as a paper scrapper... there is no way I would stay caught up!!! I will totally live through you, Angie!! I'll continue with my P365... taking photos, not scrapping them until I have a printing coupon that is about to expire.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love to do a hybrid but I have no where to store the paper scrapbooking supplies without my kids getting into them. Seriously it sucks.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

almost gives me the itch to play with paper and glue again. ALMOST. lol

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i think I really want to order this too, I want to do it but I am scared that I wont keep up.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

meee my stuff should be here tomorrow
Old 12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really want to do this! And I have some Amazon credits that I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with, now I think I know!! :-)

Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizAmyLou View Post
almost gives me the itch to play with paper and glue again. ALMOST. lol
THIS ^

Although, I finally ran out of my favorite adhesive and have not repurchased any. I like the idea of PL, but with my boys being older, I'm not sure how much material I would have for it.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got the Clementine edition from my in-laws for Christmas. I put the album together this weekend and I'm SO excited to get this started!!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm still on the fence myself - I actually still have my Amazon window open to the Clementine kit...

But I have a question regarding the journaling cards - are they 2 sided? Does the backside show on your next week? Because if I do it digitally, they would be 1 sided but then are they covered by next weeks card anyway?

Hope I keep this up longer than 365

Jen
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm tinkering with the idea of just doing it digitally without the ephemera. i guess i need to make up my mind soon.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you do not have to keep up with this one. i think you can do it weeks when you want to and then weeks when you don't just let it go. it does not have to be a weekly project. i think that if i go into it with that mindset i might actually accomplish something.

my problem is i want both the digital and paper version AND i don't want the binder that comes with it i want the black binder which i guess might be available later. i'm wondering if the protectors would fit in a regular 12x12 AC album

looks like the multi packs of sleeves are out too. boo.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
i'm tinkering with the idea of just doing it digitally without the ephemera. i guess i need to make up my mind soon.
This. I'm torn between doing it all digi or all paper...can't make up my mind!

If you do it all digi Celeste, how do you plan to have it printed?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well you could print it just like anything else as a flat print i guess.
i'm also wondering if you could just do it using Jenn & Kristin's Everyday Storytelling kit. The templates are super simple and you could just build them off the journaling cards in that kit.
Or you could use Tracy's pocket pages as the base. And create your own journaling cards to fit those. It wouldn't be too hard.
I' loathe to spend 100 dollars on this right now.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The beauty of the project life kit is that it doesn't have to be a p365...it can be whatever you want it to be...if you want to do a layout a week, that's cool, if you want to do one a month, that's cool too. It's all what you make it
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

the only thing about digi is i'd have to scan stuff in. hmm. i'm so torn.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
This. Only it's my husband's wrath I'm scared of. He was relieved when I finally got rid of all things paper and went the digi route. LOL
Old 12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
you do not have to keep up with this one. i think you can do it weeks when you want to and then weeks when you don't just let it go. it does not have to be a weekly project. i think that if i go into it with that mindset i might actually accomplish something.

my problem is i want both the digital and paper version AND i don't want the binder that comes with it i want the black binder which i guess might be available later. i'm wondering if the protectors would fit in a regular 12x12 AC album

looks like the multi packs of sleeves are out too. boo.
You don't have to order the binder, I know it fits in a regular binder. I just picked up a We R Memory Keepers black leather Ding album(the same kind ALi uses) for mine because I prefer that look.

I ordered a bunch of the page protectors and will be printing my own journaling cards and such so I can do a mix of paper and digi.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha, after chatting with Aggie about it (she bought the whole kit and kaboodle) I realized it's way beyond my budget. I'm going to try a PL approach to a vacation we took, cobbling together an album and page protectors and printing out my photos. I also have a ton of ephemera from the trip, which is my main reason for wanting to do it this way. I am excited!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I want to do it, mainly for the reasons Lex stated above, but I dunno. I'm terrible at keeping up with projects like this and am hesitant to spend the money if I don't think I can do it. Still trying to decide...
Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i think i'm sold on the all digital at this point. but now i have to figure out my approach. do i buy the digi version or do i just do it on my own. choices choices.

Last edited by *Celeste*; 12-28-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
i think i'm sold on the all digital at this point. but now i have to figure out my approach. do i buy the digi version or do i just do it on my own. choices choices.
Yeah, this is me too. I have Traci's 10080 Minutes kit so I keep thinking can't I just use that and adapt it? I'm just not wanting to make an extra purchase, I guess...but I do love that Cobalt collection.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I guess I just don't get the "draw" to this. I've read up on it and to me it's for people that don't have time to scrapbook regularly...paper, hybrid or digital. It seems a lot like what I use to do years and years ago when I didn't have a digital camera and I didn't know what scrapbooking was. I bought a 4x6 album that had little lined journaling spots beside every photo slot and when I slipped my photo in I wrote what the photo was about!!!

This just seems like a lot of extra work to me...especially for you girls that scrap chronologically and keep caught up!!

If people are doing it because they can't keep up scrapping then that I might understand...but for me...I'd rather just keep a journal (diary, blog, word document) of stuff that happens with our everyday life and then when I go to scrap I can pull my journaling for that.

I guess I just feel that if I was doing that project then I wouldn't want to go back and scrap any photo I used it it because it would feel redundant and like a waste of time!!

I love love the Month in Review "thing" that was introduced her at SSD several years ago...that helps me keep journaling and remembering those little things that might have got forgotten if I waited weeks/month to scrap a day/event.

Am I missing something with Project Life...I mean not that I need another thing to "do", but if I'm interpreting it wrong then I'd really love to know what it's true purpose is....maybe it could replace "something" in my scrapping life!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with you Elizabeth. I think it would be a duplicate for me... which is extra time, money, and projects... and I don't need that!

I think it looks great and I do like the idea... but I have no desire to double up!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Elizabeth I am going to do it in place of my digital P365 that I have done the past 2 years...I just wanted a change of pace and I relaly do love my paper stuff, plus I don't like to wait to print my P365 album at the end of the year and I think this will be cool to look through the year as it goes....

I am still gonna scrap my chornological LO's but this way I can focus my P365 a different way and digi scrap all the other moments for my family album and kids albums

so really I think the thing is the project life is not suppose to be too stressful and everything is there for you to color cordinate and just pick from Plus I figure I spend close to $100 for printing an album at the end of the year and this way I am just putting the money out now as opposed to next December {i didn't spend a $100 cause I didn't buy all the stuff, but I really liked the binder, page protector styles and the core kit and paper}...if I need more I will be going to Michael's to use a coupon and replinsh my protectors and stuff
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm thinking about adding everyday storytelling, traci's templates, 10080 Minutes, and the everyday collab and maybe traci's embrace the everyday too and i bought the clementine collection and the templates.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
Elizabeth I am going to do it in place of my digital P365 that I have done the past 2 years...I just wanted a change of pace and I relaly do love my paper stuff, plus I don't like to wait to print my P365 album at the end of the year and I think this will be cool to look through the year as it goes....

I am still gonna scrap my chornological LO's but this way I can focus my P365 a different way and digi scrap all the other moments for my family album and kids albums

so really I think the thing is the project life is not suppose to be too stressful and everything is there for you to color cordinate and just pick from Plus I figure I spend close to $100 for printing an album at the end of the year and this way I am just putting the money out now as opposed to next December {i didn't spend a $100 cause I didn't buy all the stuff, but I really liked the binder, page protector styles and the core kit and paper}...if I need more I will be going to Michael's to use a coupon and replinsh my protectors and stuff
Now that totally make sense to me Angie!! I can see where this type of scrapping could benefit you 365er's!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm using mine to do more like P52. I'm not tackling it as a P365, but hoping to tell the stories of our weeks. I know that with a new baby on the way I needed something simple (uniform sizes, everything already printed if I want, etc), and this fit the bill. Plus I really love the idea of saving random bits of ephemera. I got a set of the big pocket pages and once Swerbaby arrives I'll use one of those a month to save bigger thIngs for him/her. It's kind of going to be a baby album for Swerbaby so I don't feel too pressured to keep up with a digital one.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I got most of my stuff yesterday in the mail and LOVE it...I already filled the protectors with some of the document cards and put all of my protectors in the album...I ordered 2 packs of 12x12 protectors to print some of my fav lo's throughout the year and put them in there....so I am excited to see how it comes out
Old 01-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought a kit and plan to give this a shot this year! Kinda excited to do it and get back into scrapping again! I have a ton of ephemera with nowhere to put it, so I'm excited to actually include those things into my pages with this concept. I will probably end up doing a mix of digi and paper using the stuff that came with the kit.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
I want to do it, mainly for the reasons Lex stated above, but I dunno. I'm terrible at keeping up with projects like this and am hesitant to spend the money if I don't think I can do it. Still trying to decide...
This is how I feel EXACTLY. I really would like to spend LESS time on the computer, to make LESS layouts but still have my memories captured. I think this system is perfect for me, but I want to see it first and sort through it to figure out a plan. Pretty sure I can't do that from Borneo, lol, though.

They're out of the page protectors anyway right now (I assume they'll restock, don't you?) so I think I'm going to keep a journal, keep taking pictures and then if I feel ok about letting go of more of my digi pages, I'll get a set later. And if later it isn't an option, I'll still have the pictures and the journaling and won't have really lost anything. With a baby coming this year and a big move, I feel like I need to cut back on my computer time and focus more on the important things in my life (but I don't want to neglect the storytelling).
Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

They are restocking things Kellie. They have said they plan to really work at keepIng everything restocked throughout the year. This is only the 3rd or 4th year that this product has even been out there, so they have a little bit of a hard time figuring out how much product they need in the beginning.