Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-01-2021, 06:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up February 17th - Fifteen Questions

Happy Wednesday!! Thanks so much for playing along with me for Day #17 of our 15th Birthday Party Game-A-Day celebration! We hope you enjoy partying with us, and that you'll love this piece of our 15th Birthday mega-collection, You Say It's Your Birthday...

For today, the rules are simple. Copy and paste these 15 questions into a new post on this thread and give us your answers! I've include a colored asterisks after each question so your answers are prominent. Feel free to change colors.
  1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? *
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? *
  4. When did you join SSD? *
  5. Did you lurk first? *
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *
  7. Show it to us!
  8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *
  9. How many pages have you made this month? *
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? *
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? *
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? *

Everyone who plays along by 11:59pm EST on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 19th will get this fabulous piece of You Say It's Your Birthday from the extremely talented Ru of Studio Basic Designs!

Don't forget that you'll receive a new piece of the collection for participating in each day's challenge, and if you can complete Blackout in this year's Party Game A Day Bingo, you'll be entered to win a $100 gift certificate to the shoppe too!

Good luck & thanks for helping us celebrate our birthday here at the sweetest spot in town!

xoxo Sheri

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 02-01-2021 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:49 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
I don't like talking about myself much, especially not about the past, so I hope short answers are okay!

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *No
How did you get started scrapbooking? *Cardmaking, I was looking for printable papers online.
When did you start scrapbooking? *2013
When did you join SSD? *2013
Did you lurk first? *not really, I just jumped right in
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *2014
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Eclectic
How many pages have you made this month? *24, so far, not all at SSD
Have you ever paper scrapped? *just when I was a kid making memory books
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *neutrals, grays, blues
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *no
What were you like as a 15 year old? *studious, sweet, and boy crazy
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *My new love.
What was your life like 15 years ago? *I was a newlywed living in WI, working at a bank
Old 02-17-2021, 12:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes, but mostly still paper. I had just come across digital scrapbooking.
How did you get started scrapbooking? I first started paper scrapping because a friend of mine was selling Creative Memories. I started digital scrapbooking after getting my first digital camera in 2005.
When did you start scrapbooking? I started paper scrapping sometime after I got married, probably around 1995.
When did you join SSD? April 2012
Did you lurk first? Nope, but I wasn't super active at first. I only posted 5 LO's in 2012.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? April 15, 2012
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Hmmm... not sure I really have a style that I can name. I tend not to do artsy pages. I'd say my style is fairly simple, with a focus on the photos. I like big titles and almost always include journaling.
How many pages have you made this month? 29, but not all for SSD... I think this could be a record!
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes, and still make cards on occasion.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? I love blues and greens; I tend to use bolder colors or sometimes use a monochromatic scheme.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? I've shown friends how to scrapbook digitally, but they haven't stuck with it.
What were you like as a 15 year old? I just created a LO about that lol.. I was a freshman in high school, on the tennis team, in the chorus, a member of the Rainbow Girls and a Girl Scout. I was the youngest of 3, and pretty much never did anything that I wasn't "supposed" to do. I was a good girl haha.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? I would be surprised that I ended up single, having gotten divorced after being married for 18 years. I would definitely be surprised about the story behind my divorce.
What was your life like 15 years ago? 15 years ago, I was busy living the mom life to 3 boys, ages 4, 6 and 8. My life was consumed by Cub Scouts (I was a den leader for several years), sports activities, and my full time teaching job. I had very little time to myself.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:15 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes
How did you get started scrapbooking? Attended Creative Memories party
When did you start scrapbooking? 2001
When did you join SSD? 2019
Did you lurk first? Yes for few years
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? Looks like August 1, 2019
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Not sure what style but probably simple
How many pages have you made this month? 5
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Disney colors, Black and Gray
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Yes
What were you like as a 15 year old? I don't remember
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? Living in different state and happily married to much better half!
What was your life like 15 years ago? Went back to college working on MBA degree
Old 02-17-2021, 12:21 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Yes, a combination of paper & digi-scrapping.
How did you get started scrapbooking? * I wanted to save newspaper clippings, notes & photos from family gatherings & vacations.
When did you start scrapbooking? * I've been scrapbooking since I was about 12 years old.
When did you join SSD? * January 2018
Did you lurk first? * Yes, for a while
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * December 2018
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * Lots of photos on each page!
How many pages have you made this month? * 22 so far
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Yes, I started paper scrapping and switched to digi-scrapping in 2004 when we had our first grandchild & got our first digital camera.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * Blues & Greens.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * I've taught my sisters to scrapbook.
What were you like as a 15 year old? * very studious, loved to read
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * That I've learned to use photo editing & digiscrapping software
What was your life like 15 years ago? * I was still working, but we were able to travel to see our kids (and our 1st grandchild) more.

Last edited by AlyciaIN; 02-17-2021 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:22 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Yes! Traditional, then digi in 2008
How did you get started scrapbooking? * I believe it was when I was on the yearbook committee in high school
When did you start scrapbooking? * High school, then first child
When did you join SSD? * 2008
Did you lurk first? * I think I fell in love instantly! But I wasn't active, more like creatively intimidated LOL
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * 2018
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * Actually, I'm not sure- it depends on my mood, product and if it is a challenge
How many pages have you made this month? * Not many, been crazy busy!
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Started out back in the late 80's/early 90's
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * blues and greens
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * Yes! I passed the addiction to my mother, and I used to teach little classes at a craft store. My daughters did it a little also, but not for many years now
What were you like as a 15 year old? * Played sports, happy, not shy but not really outgoing, friends with everyone.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * My health- chronic illness and what it has done to my ability to do things.
What was your life like 15 years ago? * I had 2 children at home, teenagers (girls, need I say more LOL) busy working FT and renovating a house (ugh, never again)

Old 02-17-2021, 12:24 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Yes
How did you get started scrapbooking? * A neighbor of mine showed me her books and convinced me that I needed to scrap all of my photos.
When did you start scrapbooking? * I started scrapbooking in 1996. Although, I've been saving memorabilia and photos in books since I was in high school in the 80s.
When did you join SSD? * I joined in 2015.
Did you lurk first? * Of course I lurked. I was too nervous to post anything.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *December 10, 2015
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * Decorative
How many pages have you made this month? *37
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Still do
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * Teals (Aquas) and Blues
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * Yes I have, I'm a Creative Memories Advisor and a Forever Ambassador.
What were you like as a 15 year old? * My mother would tell you that I was impossible. I would say that I was focused. I was in the marching band in high school and because of that I was attending school from 6:00 am to noon so that we could practice in the afternoon. We were on double sessions and I was a freshman attending with the juniors and seniors. I was also working a part time job and trying to maintain an A average at school. Yes, I'd say I had to be focused.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * That I am finally trying to get healthy and actually enjoy working out in the yard.
What was your life like 15 years ago? * I'd say pretty much the same as it is now. I'm still married, still living in the same house and still working at the same job; although I have much more responsibility at work. Back then I used to commute in my car every day for almost an hour each way in Atlanta traffic, but these days (when we are not in a pandemic and working from home) I take the train into work. The way I eat has changed so that I can be healthier, but I am still struggling with my weight, just like I did 15 years ago.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *YES- but not digitally yet! I did traditional paper scrapbooking

How did you get started scrapbooking? *I've always kinda been a scrapbooker- saving memoribilia & adding to photo albums!

When did you start scrapbooking? *Seriously paper scrapping after college- 2004 and digitally in 2008

When did you join SSD? *September of 2015

Did you lurk first? *I don't remember but probably!

When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *9/2015- I remember I was guesting for Libby!

Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *kitchen sink. I love ALL the THINGS!

How many pages have you made this month? *15- but i've been super busy with work- usually I'm scrapping more!

Have you ever paper scrapped? *Yes- but not any longer. I do still make paper cards & use stamps

What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *purple/teal

Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *I've done a few tutorials on ct teams!

What were you like as a 15 year old? *shy, perfectionist, anxious

If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *how I've learned to 'go with the flow' better

What was your life like 15 years ago? *I was planning a wedding! We had bought a house & had a new puppy!
Old 02-17-2021, 12:32 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *No, I didn't start digital scrapbooking until after my oldest son was born. At that point I had so many adorable baby photos that I needed to find something to do with them!

How did you get started scrapbooking? *I started out making siggies on a parenting forum. Some of the lovely ladies who ran various challenges and tutorial there were also on CTs for designers here. I was drawn in by the beautiful elements I was always seeing on their signatures, so I eventually followed them here.

When did you start scrapbooking? *About 11 years ago.

When did you join SSD? *I had to look this up - it was in December of 2015.

Did you lurk first? *I think so? I know I purchased kits before I joined the forums.

When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *May 2016
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Eclectic. I use templates a lot but I also do lots of cutouts, photo overlays, and other experimental techniques.

How many pages have you made this month? *Five, all for the Party A Day challenges.

Have you ever paper scrapped? *Yes, long ago, when I was in high school/college. That never appealed to me as much.

What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *I really have no idea, but looking back at my gallery, it seems that I use a lot of blue and green.

Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *Yes! I am actually a high school teacher, and I recently taught an elective class that combined family history/genealogy research with scrapbooking. It was pretty fun.

What were you like as a 15 year old? *I was extremely studious and academic. I did no sports but took a ton of AP classes. My only real activities outside of school were homework and church.

If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *Hmm...that was one year before I got married. I think I would have been surprised to learn that I eventually settled down in one small town in the United States. My husband's and my plan had always been to travel and teach abroad (which we did for four years, but then we came back).

What was your life like 15 years ago? *I was living in Boise in a tiny duplex, teaching while working on my master's degree. I was busy planning my wedding, had no kids yet, and had a life of relative freedom compared to today!
Old 02-17-2021, 12:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? I think so.
How did you get started scrapbooking? I originally did signatures and came across digital scrapbook kits.
When did you start scrapbooking? Heck if I know.
When did you join SSD? 8-19-2008
Did you lurk first? Yes
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? August 6, 2009
Show it to us!
How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Use all the things!
How many pages have you made this month? 9
Have you ever paper scrapped? Not frequently
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) blue and purple
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? No
What were you like as a 15 year old? Dumb. A reader who preferred to be by myself.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? That I had three kids. Then we were trying with no definite reasons why it hadn’t happened.
What was your life like 15 years ago? 22, no kids, turtles as pets, and married 3 years!

Last edited by ~Cindy~; 02-17-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

[*]Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *Yes. I started digiscrapping in March 2004.
[*]How did you get started scrapbooking? *My oldest was 5 months old, and every time I printed pictures I added text to remind me what was happening. As the baby got older and those comments moved from quick milestones ("1st tooth") to longer stories, I needed to find a better way to record my memories.
[*]When did you start scrapbooking? *March 2004
[*]When did you join SSD? *I was here opening day, but I don't remember if I registered then. My forum join date says Dec 2007, but IIRC either the forum came later or SSD got new forum software and dates were reset to then. Maybe both? It's been too long to remember!
[*]Did you lurk first? *Who remembers?
[*]When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *April 2008
[*]Show it to us!
This was my first LO in the gallery. Back then you could participate in challenges without using SSD products, so that's how this first LO was.

[*]How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Paper-style with large photos and small clusters
[*]How many pages have you made this month? *13
[*]Have you ever paper scrapped? *Not really. I meant to, but my 1st layout was paper and my 2nd was hybrid. By my 3rd I was 100% digital.
[*]What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *Don't really have one, but a lot of my layouts have a brown wood grain background and include either red and blue or purple and blue.
[*]Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *No
[*]What were you like as a 15 year old? *Responsible, a good student who hated math, a bookworm, loyal to a few close friends, excited about turning 16 and being able to drive
[*]If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *Umm...that I listen to audiobooks instead of reading dead tree books! Other than that, I feel like the writing was already on the wall 15 years ago for most of what my life is like now.
[*]What was your life like 15 years ago? *I was a SAHM to a 2 year old with baby #2 due in March. We'd just moved into our current house. In January we'd registered the oldest for preschool, and I had no idea what a big role that school would play in my life--15 years later I'm still there teaching!
Old 02-17-2021, 12:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? yes!
2. How did you get started scrapbooking? I started with a sketch book to collect movie tickets and show programs and journal about college life.
When did you start scrapbooking? 1997?
When did you join SSD? Feb 2012 per the forum user info -but I'm sure I purchased things prior to that.
Did you lurk first? oh dear! I can't remember!
I feel like I 'moved' to this forum when Two Peas closed up

When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? It was for a birthday challenge

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Pretty simply with clusters of flowers
How many pages have you made this month? maybe 5?
Have you ever paper scrapped? yes!
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Purple Teal
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? I've tried lol!
What were you like as a 15 year old? I was madly flirting with my now husband (we wouldn't officially start dating until the summer). My life revolved around dancing. I was on the school dance team where we practiced daily at 6AM and then spent hours in the dance studio every night after school doing ballet, tap, jazz & Broadway. Friday nights meant halftime shows. Weekends were for skiing, movies & hanging out with friends. Somewhere in there I managed school too lol!
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? It would be surprising to know we have two kids! And I'd be shocked that I left my career to stay home with the kids, volunteer run the art program at their school and juggle a few part time jobs.
What was your life like 15 years ago? I was on my way to a great career as a food broker for Costco. I spent weekends doing crafts and had an awesome dedicated scrapbooking room. Our group of friends was starting to have babies and so our gatherings were becoming planned around naptimes and early bedtimes.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:41 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes, but not digitally yet!
How did you get started scrapbooking? I started with keeping a journal, which I started adding ephemera and photos to!
When did you start scrapbooking? As long as I can remember!
When did you join SSD? 4 May 2012
Did you lurk first? Oh yes
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? 1 August 2014
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Comprehensive
How many pages have you made this month? Too many to count... At least 25
Have you ever paper scrapped? Oh yes
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) I like any palette that includes a full rainbow, not just two or three colors!
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Oh yes
What were you like as a 15 year old? Busy! I was involved in way too many extracurricular activities!
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? How much I've chilled out
What was your life like 15 years ago? Fifteen years ago, I was pregnant with my first kid and worked full time... Now I have four kids, I'm a stay-at-home mom and we are BUSY!

Old 02-17-2021, 12:45 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Yes, but not digitally
2. How did you get started scrapbooking? * Joined a mommy group on MySpace
3. When did you start scrapbooking? * Digitally, 13 years ago.
4. When did you join SSD? * hmm don't remember exactly since I'm not using the same account I had then..maybe 2010ish
5. Did you lurk first? * Yes. Total lurker until I uploaded my first LO years later.
6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * Dec.14, 2019
7. Show it to us!

8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * A mix of traditional and artsy/mixed media
9. How many pages have you made this month? * So far, about 50ish
10. Have you ever paper scrapped? * Yes
11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * purples/blues/turquoises basically peacock colors and lights pinks to dark magentas but I also love going dark like blacks and browns.
12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * I've been asked for advice here and there and love sharing my tricks
13. What were you like as a 15 year old? * Very shy, had loads of social anxiety (Didn't know that's what it was then but I had it), but a huge clown with people I was comfortable with.
14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * That not much has changed except I started working again after 12 years of being a SAHM.
15. What was your life like 15 years ago? * I got married and had my first child!

Last edited by CaroRen; 02-17-2021 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:55 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? no, but I had before and knew I wanted to again, so I was collecting things that I wanted to scrapbook about
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? my mother bought me some paper scrapping supplies when I was in high school
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? some time in the early '90s
  4. When did you join SSD? October
  5. Did you lurk first? no
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? the day after I joined
  7. Show it to us!
  8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? quick and fun
  9. How many pages have you made this month? 19
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? yes
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) autumn tones (brown, orange, gold, etc)
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? both of my kids
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? mostly angry
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? that I live comfortably and even have kids
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? I was not a good place at all at the time, financially physically or mentally... suffice to say I am doing a lot better now and I am grateful for it
Old 02-17-2021, 12:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * No
How did you get started scrapbooking? *Took a class
When did you start scrapbooking? * 2007
When did you join SSD? * 10/19/2007
Did you lurk first? * no
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * 10/19/2007
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * has evolved to quirky, art journal
How many pages have you made this month? * 9
Have you ever paper scrapped? * yes
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *green, blue
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * yes
What were you like as a 15 year old? * quiet, shy,
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * How much I like being lazy
What was your life like 15 years ago? * The same as today. Retired

Last edited by seniorgal; 02-17-2021 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:58 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? no
How did you get started scrapbooking? when I could not find a suitable baby book for my first son, I decided to do one from scratch and "fell into" scrapbooking
When did you start scrapbooking? 2014 or 2015
When did you join SSD? Dec 2017
Did you lurk first? I don't think
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? 24 dec 2017
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? not one style, I can do busy, artsy, clean and simple
How many pages have you made this month? 26
Have you ever paper scrapped? no
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) blue, green, cream/beige
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? no
What were you like as a 15 year old? awkward
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? that I'm a SAHM
What was your life like 15 years ago? working, traveling, relatively carefree now that I think about it
Old 02-17-2021, 01:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes I was very much into paper scrapbooking, teaching classes, on design teams and regularly published in Australian Scrapbooking magazines.
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? I was invited to a Creative Memories party by a friend. I knew instantly that this was the craft for me as I'd always loved my photos and I had 3 super cute little kids at the time.
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? I'm not exactly sure but I think it was around 2001.
  4. When did you join SSD? 25th January 2018
  5. Did you lurk first? I don't think so, I tend to jump right in to things like this but I definitely shopped here before joining the social community.
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? The same day that I joined. 25th January 2018.
  7. Show it to us! This is hilarious! I just went back to find my first layout and it is the same template (set) as my most recent layout that I posted today!

8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I like to try out different styles but I think I naturally tend toward fairly simple and neat layouts. I like flowers and patterned papers and I'm not good at grunge even though I love the look of it.
  9. How many pages have you made this month? I have done 14 layouts so far this month.
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes, as I said above. I paper scrapped for around 10 years until I lost my Mum and then moved house in 2010. I tried to get back into it but just never found my groove again... until I discovered the magic of digiscrapping.
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) I honestly can't narrow it down to any colour palette. I love all colours, brights, pastels, muted and natural. Green, pink, blue, orange...
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Yes, I used to run online classes for one online scrapbook shop, face to face classes for some local shops and I was an ambassador for Fiskars doing demonstrations in our local craft stores. We also had frequent crops at my house where we taught each other new things.
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? I was not a confident kid, didn't feel like I had a lot of friends (but the ones I had were great). I was a 'good girl' and always did the right thing for fear of getting in trouble. I wasn't sporty but loved a good book... not much has changed really.
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? Probably that I'm back at work after so many years of being home with my kids. I'm back teaching and also studying to qualify as a counsellor.
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? 15 years ago I was a stay at home Mum to 3 kids aged 10, 8 and 5. They were busy with sports and school and we lived a little way out of town so I spent half my life driving. My husband worked away all week and came home for weekends. My scrapbooking was definitely my outlet and my 'me time'.

Old 02-17-2021, 01:34 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default My answers

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Yes!
2. How did you get started scrapbooking? * I started doing traditional scrapbooking with Creative Memories.
3. When did you start scrapbooking? * 2004 or 2005, I think.
4. When did you join SSD? * I joined the forum in February 2021.
5. Did you lurk first? * No, I jumped right in for the PGAD birthday challenges!
6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * February 5, 2021
7. Show it to us!

8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * Unique and different than anyone else's! LOL! I do not do 12x12 pages. My pages have been 7.25x8.75, so I can print them out and put them in my Heidi Swapp Storyline Chapters book.
9. How many pages have you made this month? * 6 so far!
10. Have you ever paper scrapped? * Oh yes!
11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * I let my pictures dictate what colors I choose to work with, not the other way around. I tend to pick more neutral colors, but I love classic black and white.
12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * No.
13. What were you like as a 15 year old? * Very shy and reserved.
14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * That we are all surviving and living during a world wide pandemic! I'm working from home pretty much full time and doing distance learning with my kids for almost a year!
15. What was your life like 15 years ago? * I was married, working 2 jobs and pregnant with our first child, our daughter.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:35 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

1.- Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes, I started with a paper sacrapbooking!

2.- How did you get started scrapbooking? One of my best friends introduce me with the traditional paper scrapbooking. Later the same friend got me into Creative Memories.

3.- When did you start scrapbooking? Around 15 years ago!

4.- When did you join SSD? I joined the forum in February 2015

5.- Did you lurk first? No

6.- When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? February 2016.

7.-Show it to us!

8.- How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I love to use the templates and change them!

9.- How many pages have you made this month? 5 pages. I always take time in each one.

10.- Have you ever paper scrapped?Yes. I started with it!

11.- What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) I love the pastel colors! pink, violet, tan...

12.- Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Yes, I taught how to scrapbook to my daughters.

13.- What were you like as a 15 year old? I was extremely studious and academic

14.- If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? How I can handle the pandemic!

15.- What was your life like 15 years ago? I was so busy with my kids and their different extra curriculum school activities.

Last edited by patricia01; 02-17-2021 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:50 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * No
How did you get started scrapbooking? *The paper accents looked so cute, which led me to digital scrapbooking.
When did you start scrapbooking? *I don't recall....about 7 years ago maybe
When did you join SSD? *May2016
Did you lurk first? *yup
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *a few days ago
Show it to us! https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...kholic&cat=500
How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *amateur
How many pages have you made this month? *fourteen
Have you ever paper scrapped? *sure did
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *pink & pinker
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *yes
What were you like as a 15 year old? *short, athletic, active
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *I didn't get any taller
What was your life like 15 years ago? *freshly married
Old 02-17-2021, 01:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes! More paper scrapping than digi 15 years ago
How did you get started scrapbooking? I got invited to a Creative Memories party in the basement of my college dorm!
When did you start scrapbooking? 1998, but I had 'scrapbooks' full of ephemera before that
When did you join SSD? 2014
Did you lurk first? Yes!!
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? Jan. 2019
Show it to us!
How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I guess "traditional"
How many pages have you made this month? 8
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes!
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) it depends...but I guess I have a lot of blue, green, brown
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? My daughter started her own scrapbook (paper) this year <3
What were you like as a 15 year old? Probably usually quiet & serious around others and loud & silly with my close friends/teammates?
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? Maybe that my current self is in Alaska? Oh, and definitely that my current self is homeschooling
What was your life like 15 years ago? We were stationed in Japan, had no kids & I was teaching 1st or 2nd grade. Life was like: work, scrapbooking, running & knitting. And I only did my own laundry.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes, but on paper not digital yet
How did you get started scrapbooking? Creative Memories in college really got me into it - but even as a kid I kept scrapbooks of stuff and all the pictures I took
When did you start scrapbooking? As a teenager very roughly, then in college as a young 20 year old
When did you join SSD? 2016
Did you lurk first? I am sure I probably did, and then have been in and out of the boards as time has allowed
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? Feb 2016
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? a hodge podge - I do a lot of pocket pages, but also really like the art journal/messy style lately so I guess really I am all over the place
How many pages have you made this month? 56 (not all at SSD & not all shared)
Have you ever paper scrapped? yep
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) blues and yellows
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? when I was still paper scrapping, a few friends would meet up sometimes to scrap together, and we would often teach each other new techniques/way, and I've helped a friend get started in PS
What were you like as a 15 year old? studious, determined that I'd never be married or have kids (ha!), more out going than I am now, wanted to travel (still do want to travel as much as I can when we can travel again)
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? How much I've learned about medical stuff with the kids (especially because I didn't have any kids 15 years ago, though we were expecting our first) and I am not teaching full time in a classroom
What was your life like 15 years ago? I was pregnant with my oldest, working as a 6th grade teacher, my husband & I were getting connected to a new church since we had recently moved to our new city, finding friends, etc. We hung out a lot at home playing games, watching movies,
Old 02-17-2021, 03:14 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *Yes, paper scrapping
How did you get started scrapbooking? *My friend was a Creative Memories consultant & would host monthly scrapbooking sessions.
When did you start scrapbooking? *Late 1996/Early 1997 -- I don't remember exactly...
When did you join SSD? * Well, my profile says Dec 2013
Did you lurk first? Yes. I didn't know how to scrap digitally, so I would browse through the gallery.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *Sept 2016
Show it to us

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * Probably traditional, with a little bit of artsy-ness.
My favorite style is white space.

How many pages have you made this month? * 4
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Yes, that's how I started.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * Pinks, blues, purples
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * Paper scrapping, yes ... I've showed some friends about digi-scrapping, but have never "taught" anyone.
What were you like as a 15 year old? * My family had moved from Northern Cal to Southern Cal when I was 14 ... I was a bit shy & quiet, and studied a lot.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *That I am officially a senior citizen; have a 10 year old granddaughter and I like to stay home & spend most of my day on my laptop connecting to the world. Also, that I actually use PSE -- I never dreamed that I would learn to use a graphics program.
What was your life like 15 years ago? *I was busy taxi-ing my kids around; the oldest had just started driving ... & I had celebrated my 50th b'day at Disneyland.

Last edited by jazzmom; 02-17-2021 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Not yet
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? Google-ing "decorated photo albums on computer"
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? I started in december 2006, I think
  4. When did you join SSD? 31/12/2007
  5. Did you lurk first? Probably, I'm big at lurking! LOL
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? January 1st, 2008 (so one day after joining!)
  7. Show it to us! That kid is now a TEENAGER!!
  8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Simple, graphic, often journal-heavy
  9. How many pages have you made this month? 5, all for the birthday event here!
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? Two or three times. It's definitely not for me!
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) I love neutral colors, black, white, grey, kraft, with a pop of a bright color, for example turquoise, red. I rarely scrap with yellow, though and I especially despise mustard yellow!
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? I offered a paper-scrapping colleague of mine but she didn't like it.
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? Rebellious, grungy, in love
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? That it took me so long to become a mom
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? I was just starting to work at my current place (june 2005) and loving to be finally close to home, doing my job (and not other administrative tasks like my previous job) and having great coworkers (and not bullies like my previous job).

Signature created using "This IS my happy face" by Erica Zane
Old 02-17-2021, 03:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *No
2. How did you get started scrapbooking? *When I heard from a friend that there was a thing called digital scrapbooking, I did some web searches and found a handful of digi sites (and freebies! lol!).
3. When did you start scrapbooking? *2010
4. When did you join SSD? *Aug 2014
5. Did you lurk first? *Most definitely. lol!
6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *August 2, 2014
7. Show it to us!

8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *cluster-heavy
9. How many pages have you made this month? *6, which is more than I've made in the last three months combined due to a new baby. But I had to join in the fun this month!
10. Have you ever paper scrapped? *Nope. Contemplated it long ago but knew my personality wouldn't mesh well. lol!
11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *I don't really have one, but I'm seeing a lot of blues and browns in my gallery.
12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *Yes, my two daughters.
13. What were you like as a 15 year old? *Moody and asleep alot. lol!
14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *That I have a baby at age 40! Even one year ago it was surprising. lol!
15. What was your life like 15 years ago? *I had just started working full-time from home instead of at the office and my DH and I were trying to get pregnant with our first baby.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:43 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? My mom bought me a "scrapbook album" at Hallmark when I was in 8th grade.
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? 8th grade: 1990
  4. When did you join SSD? As soon as the doors opened.
  5. Did you lurk first? Actually, there wasn't a forum at first, so all you could do WAS lurk!
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? May 2007 It was for my very first creative team, Scrapkitchen Designs
  7. Show it to us!
  8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I put the things wherever Cindy tells me to.
  9. How many pages have you made this month? 12
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes, but once I went digital, I never looked back.
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Purple & Aqua
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? I tried to teach my cousin, but it didn't stick.
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? Totally into boys & independence
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? That I live in a different country and have a third child (My oldest was 1 15 years ago, and I was pretty committed to never having more children in favor of sleeping again.)
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? I was so overwhelmed by being a first time mom. And also I didn't have nearly so many wrinkles as I do now.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:45 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes
How did you get started scrapbooking? I got a paper scrapbook & supplies back in high school and it was so fun. I think I got into digi scrapping when I saw a kit that I loved for a challenge.
When did you start scrapbooking? Paper - 1996; Digital - 2007/2008
When did you join SSD? My profile says 2016
Did you lurk first? Oh, I'm sure I did
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? The gallery tells me 2019
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? More pictures and elements with no/little journaling
How many pages have you made this month? 6 (because of the Party Game A Day challenges)
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes, that is where I got my start
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Blues, Greens, and Purples
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Yes to my kids but they do their own thing
What were you like as a 15 year old? Shy and would rather read than anything
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? That I speak in front of a class for my job and I like it
What was your life like 15 years ago? Had only 1 kid, still married to my ex, was friends with my current partner but still pretty much the same
Old 02-17-2021, 03:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
[*]How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I put the things wherever Cindy tells me to.
LOLOLOL

Signature created using "This IS my happy face" by Erica Zane
Old 02-17-2021, 03:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes.
2. How did you get started scrapbooking? My first efforts were after the push to make cute scrapbooks using paper products hit the market big time. I was using colored markers and stickers. I don't think I had much patience when it came to cutting papers and gluing cut things on my pages though. My digital scrapbooking got started not long after I got into making cards which in turn led to getting scrapbooking kits to help create them with. The hybrid cards quickly turned to digital card making efforts and one day I thought...hey! digital scrapbooking is just like making a bigger digital card. I can do this! And with that I got pulled into it hook, line and sinker!
3. When did you start scrapbooking? I think it was in 2006 or there abouts. Maybe a little earlier with my hybrid efforts.
4. When did you join SSD? January 10, 2009
5. Did you lurk first? Right about the same time that I joined.
5. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? March 7, 2016
7. Show it to us!

8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I do a combination of creating my pages my way and using templates other times. I love the way template pages turn out but sometimes my freestyle method is less tiring for my brain. I like using a lot of flowers and clusters.
9. How many pages have you made this month? 21
10. Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes. See #1 & 2.
11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Blues and greens.
12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? No.
13. What were you like as a 15 year old? I was a typical teenager. I didn't do a lot of going out and about though. Just stuck close to home. I was an average student in school. Never part of the popular crowd. I did a lot of reading and I enjoyed writing. Loved music. Especially the teen scene stuff like the Beatles, and other groups that came from England.
14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? Probably that we have been able to land in our dream retirement place. Living in the mountains in a tiny rural community far from the city. That I totally love my digital scrapbooking and trying to become better at it. It's important to me. And that we face so many medical situations with my husband's and daughter's health. But life is still very good for us and we are so blessed.
15. What was your life like 15 years ago? I was a stay at home mom who liked doing family history and my scrapbooking. Just enjoying being able to stay home. All of our boys were married and having families of their own so I was loving the Grandma thing, too. Just ordinary every day stuff going on. We were looking forward to our retirement years coming up and wishing they could come sooner than they did. Our health issues had begun but were not as bad as they are now.

Last edited by Jan Merkley; 02-17-2021 at 05:19 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Nope
How did you get started scrapbooking? I heard about it from my cousin. I immediately liked it and decided to give it a try.
When did you start scrapbooking? In 2008. April
When did you join SSD?2016. February 4.
Did you lurk first? Of course yes.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? 2016. February 4.
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Very realistic. I use rich clustering and deep shadowing.
How many pages have you made this month? 18 pages
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes, I created some paper scrapped album in the past.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) I like the natural colors, brown and green.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? I create templates as a designer, so my templates help to create their layouts.
What were you like as a 15 year old? I lost 11 pounds. I learned a lot and was in love a lot.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? I have a happy life, my husband love me, and we have two addult childrens and a sweet granddaughter. I like my job and work from my home.
What was your life like 15 years ago? In 2006 was a sad year. My dad was a very ill all year, and in September he passed away.

Last edited by Tinci; 02-17-2021 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:48 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? No. I'm very late to the game.
How did you get started scrapbooking? I dabbled in graphic design at school so when I came across a pin on Pinterest of a beautiful layout from SSD, I clicked and the rest is history.
When did you start scrapbooking? 3 years ago.
When did you join SSD? Last year
Did you lurk first? Absolutely! That's the only way to do it lol. I found it helpful to watch from a distance until I built up my confidence to share.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? This week as part of the 15th Birthday celebration party-games-a-day. It was the gentle nudge I needed.
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I'm still finding my feet but I would say that I have a traditional style with a touch of the geometrical and abstract. I love abstract templates as it helps me to play around more with that style. I like messy/grungy, although I'm not bold with it. I tend to limit it just to the background paper or a few paints behind my clusters just to add dimension. It's a bit like cooking. I add my main style and then I sprinkle the other ones.
How many pages have you made this month? I've made 5 pages this month that I have added to the gallery and 2 pages that I haven't added to the gallery.
Have you ever paper scrapped? No, but I have tried hybrid projects.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Blues, Purples, Greens and a summer palette of yellow, orange and red.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Not yet.
What were you like as a 15 year old? Gosh, I was a somewhat rebellious teen. I snuck my first tattoos without my parents knowing.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? My teenage self would be surprised that my current self is a dental nurse. When I was 15, I had aspirations of becoming an air hostess.
What was your life like 15 years ago? I had a pretty good life as a teenager. I still had both my parents and they spoiled me a little bit. I was the youngest and they cut me a lot of slack.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:53 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Here are my answers...

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago?
Yes, I was. I think it was only paperscrapping. In May 2006 I read an article about digital scrapping.
How did you get started scrapbooking?
I found a Dutch magazine about being creative with photos. First they had all sorts of projects, but it turned out to be more and more about paperscrapping.
When did you start scrapbooking?
I think in 2003, when I discovered the 2nd issue of said magazine. In 2006 they had an article about digital scrapbooking. I turned to that more and more, leaving heaps of paperscrapping materials in the attic...
When did you join SSD?
I July 2014, although I think I had shopped before. Okay, looked that up, my first order was on 8-21-2011...
Did you lurk first?
Oh yes, I did! I was mostly about hoarding freebies, it was a hobby on it's own, lol.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery?
On july 31, 2014.
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style?
Trying different things... and always late to party. At first I didn't like pocket scrapping, now I like it for my albums to them give a clean look. I wasn't about using paint alover, now I start making pages like that. But, I'm pretty much a safe scrapper, not really standing out. I don't think that when you see one of my pages, you immediately know it's one by me.
How many pages have you made this month?
7 or 8, all for SSD challenges.
Have you ever paper scrapped?
Yes, see above!
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors)
I love pinks, light blue, cream/sand, pastels/soft colors, purples. I also like natural palettes, with browns, green and blue.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook?
Yes, my daughter. She likes to be creative with photos as well, but not as a scrapper.
What were you like as a 15 year old?
Pretty well behaved, you probably wouldn't notice me in a classroom. I started my dancing classes and discoverd boys... And prefered to read above doing my homework...
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self?
The way I have grown as a person and as a mother. The way I have handled job losses and changes. The way I have been dealing with pain daily. And also the amazing trips to Florida I planned.
What was your life like 15 years ago?
I was a mother of a 1.5 yrs old girl, impatiently waiting for my breast reduction surgery.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:03 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes*
How did you get started scrapbooking? *A friend has a Creative Memories party
When did you start scrapbooking? *1996
When did you join SSD? *2014
Did you lurk first? *Did I lurk on SSD before joining? Yes I did, for a couple of months.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *June 2014
Show it to us!
How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Advanced basic
How many pages have you made this month? *11
Have you ever paper scrapped? *Yes
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *blue and green
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *Yes
What were you like as a 15 year old? *crazy
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *I have more patience
What was your life like 15 years ago? Busy with two middle school dauaghters
Old 02-17-2021, 06:17 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago?
Yes I was. I was just starting to.
How did you get started scrapbooking?
I was a paper scrapper at first. But I didn't have much room in my appartment back then and the dinner table was full and messy. I had to tidy things up before having dinner So I started to think of ways to get more organised and thought that it would be perfect to go digital. I googled it, turned out to be an already existing thing and the rest is history.
I even taught other people to digiscrap back then.

When did you start scrapbooking?
I think it was 2004 or 2005.
When did you join SSD?
*Checking*... My first order was on october 14th 2010
Did you lurk first?
Yes I did. I never made an online purchase before, so I had to check things out before buying something and getting active on messageboards.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery?
August 1st 2014
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style?
Never thought of that one. Kinda playful with the elements and shadows I guess...?
How many pages have you made this month?
Only the 5 LO's made for this challenge I have been inactive for more than 2 years due to personal reasons. I'm starting to get back on my feet now and trying to catch up.
Have you ever paper scrapped?
Yes I have. But not for long. Digital scrapping has endless possibilities and I can keep re-using the kits.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors)
I love colors, mosty the soft ones. But I like blue and pink.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook?
Yes I have. I even made a (Dutch) messageboard about scrapbooking. Those group of people are still my friends to this day and we are still active members.
What were you like as a 15 year old?
I was in a not so happy place at that age. Lost 2 grandparents within 5 months, struggled with severe health problems and ended up in the hospital and my parents got divorced after 25 years of marriage, Wasn't doing so well in school because of all this, so my mental state wasn't that good either. But I survived and it made me stronger, so that's a plus
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self?
I guess how strong I turned out after all I had to deal with the past years.
What was your life like 15 years ago?
I guess not all that bad. But my life is way better now. I've learned a lot, lost a lot and gained a lot.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:32 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *Yes
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? *I took a scrapbooking class at a local paper shoppe and loved getting creative
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? *2004
  4. When did you join SSD? *2007
  5. Did you lurk first? *Yep
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *2007
  7. Show it to us!
  8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Ecclectic, but with a preference for clean and simple designs
  9. How many pages have you made this month? *9
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? *Yes
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *Blue, neutrals, yellow
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *Yes
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? *Total bookworm
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *That I am stronger that I ever thought possible
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? *No kids, great job, close to my family, addicted to books and coffee
Old 02-17-2021, 06:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Absolutely!
When did you start scrapbooking? * I have been "scrapping" since I was a kid.
How did you get started scrapbooking? *I started with the traditional photo and newspaper article clippings back when I was young. I started Paper scrapping memories in the way we do today in 2002 when my first son was born. I began dabbling in Digital Scrapbooking back in 2007 (first with tags, gradually moving to actual pages). Then in 2013 I made the decision to move 100% to Digital Scrapbooking.
When did you join SSD? *2012
Did you lurk first? *Yup..... I still feel like a Lurker most days.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *oh goodness..... please hold while I check.... lol
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Allllll over the place....
How many pages have you made this month? *6 in the gallery, I have 5 more in the works that are close to done.
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Yes. and I loved it.... it just was no longer practical for my lifestyle.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * Neutral -- Black, White, Craft with different Pops of Green. Green catches my Eye EVERY TIME!
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * Yes.
What were you like as a 15 year old? *Sad and Lonely.... pretty much kept to myself even though I had big dreams... I guess the same that I am now.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *How much of a Dog person I have become, I was always 100% team Cat, until we got our Snoopy..... now I can't imagine life without a dog.
What was your life like 15 years ago? *I had to get a calculator to figure out the year.... 2006 - that was a year and a half... I had a 4 and almost 1 year old, we had a roof over our heads but not one that was good enough to keep the elements out. We ended up making the decision to move later in the year, we took what we could fit in the trunk of a car (which is not easy to do with a toddler and a baby. The move was good..... eventually...... it was the beginning of a slow, but steady change for the better.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Yes. I believe I was rather new to digital scrapping. (Had been paper scrapping for a few years prior.)
How did you get started scrapbooking? I was paper scrapping pictures of my twin boys.
When did you start scrapbooking? Must have been 2003/2004.
When did you join SSD? I joined the community 1 year ago in the middle of the birthday celebreation!
Did you lurk first? Nope. Jumped right in!
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? Feb 13, 2020
Show it to us! Okay! It was sort of part of a Valetines gift for my husband. Which is why the date on the layout is the 14th even though I uploaded it on the 13th.

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I have no idea! Probably more to the realistic look of things and not much of the art journal or lots of blending.
How many pages have you made this month? So far this February? Looks like 20. I have a few finished to post probably tomorrow.
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) greens/blues/teals with browns and creams
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Not from start to finish. I've explained parts of the process or techniques.
What were you like as a 15 year old? Happy and laughed a lot.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? That I have a wonderful, loving, God fearing husband and a 10-year-old.
What was your life like 15 years ago? Emotionally rough. Had recently come out of my divorce. But, had met a sweet man at church and was getting to know him slowly. He turned out to be a blessing!

Last edited by SweetChar; 02-17-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Nope only 12, not too far off though.
How did you get started scrapbooking? * I was in a mommy forum learning to make siggies with PSP9 and went web surfing for goodies and found the holy grail. lol
When did you start scrapbooking? * In 2009
When did you join SSD? * In 2014, but was stalking way before that
Did you lurk first? * Yes indeed
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * 2015
Show it to us! ok....

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * Whatever I want it to be. lol. I lean toward traditional but will venture into art journal and other styles as I am inspired.
How many pages have you made this month? *Only a few.
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Nope
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * I like kits with purple and blues, but I don't have favorites. I can pretty much scrap with any palette now.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *Tried teaching my kids for a bit when they were younger, but it was fleeting and they became disinterested quickly as kids often do
What were you like as a 15 year old? * Pretty much like I am now. Just younger. I was the responsible older sister, caring friend, creative introvert.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * Hmmm? I guess the weight I've gained. lol
What was your life like 15 years ago? *I had two young kids running me crazy, I was a stay at home mom, and I could stay up past 10pm without passing out on the couch.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *just starting
  2. How did you get started scrapbooking? *looking for tubes and frames for Paintshop Pro
  3. When did you start scrapbooking? *2006
  4. When did you join SSD? *June 2008
  5. Did you lurk first? *no
  6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *I'm assuming June 2008, but my gallery was empty when I came back to SSD after a period of inactivity
  7. Show it to us! Again, not the first but the oldest
  8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *traditional
  9. How many pages have you made this month? *lots--I don't keep count
  10. Have you ever paper scrapped? *no
  11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *earthy colors (green, blue, brown)
  12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *sort of. My daughters have been next to me while I've been helping them with school projects using my scrapbooking supplies
  13. What were you like as a 15 year old? *a punk. I honestly thought that my life was half over, so I didn't take good care of myself
  14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *that I work out and exercise and eat pretty healthy. I was never that woman. lol
  15. What was your life like 15 years ago? *rough. My kids were toddlers and that was definitely not my favorite stage of their childhood. They are close in age and fought constantly. I'm glad they get along now. whew!
Old 02-17-2021, 07:13 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? No, I started in summer 2012.

How did you get started scrapbooking? I was searching soemthing fun to announce my second baby.

When did you start scrapbooking? I started during my second pregnancy in summer 2012.

When did you join SSD? I joined SSD when I joined Rubia's creative team.

Did you lurk first? Yes

When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? 2018

Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I don't know if I have one style. I like C&S, artsy and pocket page styles.

How many pages have you made this month? 20, I scrap around a page or more per day

Have you ever paper scrapped? No, I dream to find time and place at home to become a paper scrapper.

What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) I love palettes with blue and I begin to love sweet colors like purple or pink.

Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? No

What were you like as a 15 year old? I was an introvert girl always studying (not funny)

If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? The most surprising thing would be to see that I am no longer working.

What was your life like 15 years ago? I started my teacher job and came in the town where I live now.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:19 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

How did you get started scrapbooking? * I took a Creative Memories class to make a memory book for my Grandmother's 75th birthday.
When did you start scrapbooking? * 1996
When did you join SSD? * July 10, 2018
Did you lurk first? * Yes
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * March 2, 2019
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style?* Probably traditional with journaling . I am trying to be a little more creative and artisy these days.
How many pages have you made this month? * Seven, here at Sweet Shoppe.
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Yes
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * Blue and Green
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * Yes, My Mom and I used to go to crops.
What were you like as a 15 year old? * Social butterfly!
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * How resilient I am.
What was your life like 15 years ago? Busy, full time job with 2 little ones but I always found time to scrap.

Last edited by Route66; 02-17-2021 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *Only paper scrapping... started digi in 2009
How did you get started scrapbooking? *Started paper scrapping in 1998... I wanted a pretty was to save photos ofour daughter. Then......I used to make shutterfly books and look through thier gallery.... I was hooked on some of those beautiful pages that still looked like paper scrapping but with more elements and much prettier.
When did you start scrapbooking? *My first digital page was made on Veteran's Day in 2009. School was closed and I was off... told myself I was gonna learn this Photoshop Elements!! I had had the software since Mothers Day (my gift)
When did you join SSD? *Joined the forum in May 2018...I had shopped a bit before, I loved Ambers kits.
Did you lurk first? *I don't think so
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *May 30. 2018
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Ummmm.... lots of ellies...wood paper..... farmhouse and country-ish lol
How many pages have you made this month? *maybe 20ish
Have you ever paper scrapped? *Yup!
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *Pinks and blues.... but also have a thing for wooden backgrounds...
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *Oh yes.
What were you like as a 15 year old? *Ummm dorky...unsure of myself...
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *That I work from home.
What was your life like 15 years ago? *Crazy busy (or so I thought...lol) 4 small children, teaching in a small private school and thinking about going back to school.

Last edited by StacyLynn; 02-17-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:28 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *Yes
How did you get started scrapbooking? *I saw a few things a friend made, I think
When did you start scrapbooking? *2004-ish
When did you join SSD? *January 2016
Did you lurk first? *Well I had to peek to know the answer on the question above
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *February 5, 2016 (And if you look... my seconds was on February 5, 2021)
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *Chaotic, just the way I am myself...
How many pages have you made this month? *25-ish?
Have you ever paper scrapped? *Yes, but bought a lot and didn't do that much with is... it's way to much clutter and I don't like to clean ;-)
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *teal and blue probably
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *no, but would love my boys to learn how to work with photoshop.
What were you like as a 15 year old? *a mess
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *That being a mom is a much harder job than I thought! Oh and that I'm not in a wheelchair!!!
What was your life like 15 years ago? *just married, but still living in the same house. Recovering from mayor surgery and counting the months to get pregnant.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:38 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? * Yes, but traditionally and not digitally
How did you get started scrapbooking? * My friend introduced me to it
When did you start scrapbooking? * 22 years ago
When did you join SSD? * Dec 2011
Did you lurk first? * Yes
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *
Show it to us! Jan 2016

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * I just like to make pretty things
How many pages have you made this month? * About 20 (on a team on another forum)
Have you ever paper scrapped? * Yes - that's how I got started - still scrap with my friends
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * I like blues and yellows
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * Yes, my daughter
What were you like as a 15 year old? * I was a good student and a homebody
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * How outgoing I can be
What was your life like 15 years ago? * I had a 5-year old grandson that kept me going

Last edited by gwalters; 02-17-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *No but almost there, it's been around13 years.
How did you get started scrapbooking? *I had always made photo albums but after my son was born I started scrapbooking.
When did you start scrapbooking? *I started in 2008
When did you join SSD? *02-11-2014
Did you lurk first? * yes
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *December 25, 2015
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * I use a lot of clusters, love art journaling but also pockets, any style is ok with me, just gimme a template LOL
How many pages have you made this month? * So far around 20-25 I guess.
Have you ever paper scrapped? * once, I gave up immediately and started digi.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *pinks/greens/blues
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *No, years ago tried to teach my kid but he gave up as soon as he realized he had to be seated for a while LOL
What were you like as a 15 year old? *I was an introvert, spent my free time reading and making photo albums.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? * That now I'm an Omnivert, just depends on the situation I am in. And definitely be surprised that I gave up fit training and don't care about weight or food anymore.
What was your life like 15 years ago? *I was a SAHM, overwhelmed with motherhood as my kid was hell on wheels, but other than that a happy snob life w/o stress or difficulties.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? Nope
How did you get started scrapbooking? A few of my friends scrapbooked and showed me how and I was hooked!
When did you start scrapbooking? About 10 years ago
When did you join SSD? Just after I started scrapbooking, about 10 years ago
Did you lurk first? Nope
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? June 11, 2011
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Fluid. It changes as my mood changes.
How many pages have you made this month? 8
Have you ever paper scrapped? Nope
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) Blues and Browns
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Nope
What were you like as a 15 year old? Like most teenage girls, insane.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? How much I've slowed down!
What was your life like 15 years ago? Quieter (no kids!)
Old 02-17-2021, 07:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? *Yes
2. How did you get started scrapbooking? *I saw a Creative Memories table at a craft fair and was instantly hooked on the idea of preserving my photos in an artistic way
3. When did you start scrapbooking? *I started scrapbooking in 1996 after my oldest was born
4. When did you join SSD? *the date in the corner says Feb 2007, it was when SSD first opened
5. Did you lurk first? *no
6. When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? *probably right away, but not really sure since a lot of my early pages were in designer galleries that are no longer here and they were removed
7. Show it to us! Here is the earliest page still here

8. How would you describe your scrapbooking style? *I dabble in lots of styles on various occasions, but most of the time I would call it "full"
9. How many pages have you made this month? *9
10. Have you ever paper scrapped? *yes. I still have my paper stuff, but only use it occasionally
11. What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) *primary colors red, blue, yellow and green
12. Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? *yes
13. What were you like as a 15 year old? *one of the smart band kids
14. If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *that I am still at home with the kids
15. What was your life like 15 years ago? *We lived in CO then, but all of my days still revolved around taking care of our family. I got more scrapbooking done back then though

Last edited by mmbstaley; 02-17-2021 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:57 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

How did you get started scrapbooking? * I always loved looking at my mothers old scrapbook she made when she was in high school
When did you start scrapbooking? * When I was a teenager. I really picked up paper scrapbooking when I was in college.
When did you join SSD? * 2015
Did you lurk first? * yes
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? * 2016
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? * I let the photos speak for themselves, I use lots of flowers, glitter and word art
How many pages have you made this month? * around 20
Have you ever paper scrapped? * yes I was a paper scrapper until I had my first son. He kept getting into my supplies. Digital was easier to do with a toddler running around.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? (name at least two colors) * Since I have boys, bright primary colors red, green and blue
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? * yes.
What were you like as a 15 year old? * oy... very into boys, boy bands, Dawson's Creek, etc.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? *
I am a stay at home mom. I never saw myself staying at home.
What was your life like 15 years ago? *
This was a crazy week 15 years ago. I lost my most favorite person in the world, my grandmother, and I started dating my future husband in the same week. So the week was an emotional roller coaster ride. 2006 was an interesting year. I started dating my husband, I had my first teaching job teaching emotionally handicapped teens and spent many hours in the car driving 5 hours to see my future husband. He was still in college in Tallahassee and I lived in my home town.

Last edited by shellbyj; 02-17-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:05 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Were you scrapbooking 15 years ago? I was! It was on paper though, not online.
How did you get started scrapbooking? When I was 18, I spent a summer working in a scrapbook store. It got me hooked! I took classes there for free, and got a sweet discount to build up my stash. I'm not even sure how much money I actually made that summer, lol.
When did you start scrapbooking? I was 18, so 21 years ago...
When did you join SSD? I joined in 2018, thanks to Rebecca, aka Knittingbec! We were chatting about scrapping, and I was lamenting how I didn't really have the time/space to lay my things out, and then be able to think about it, arrange it, etc. The kids would always come in and touch/play with it.
Did you lurk first? Of course! I'm more introverted, and usually like to read the room before I warm up.
When did you upload your first layout to the gallery? Feb of 2019! It was the first passport I participated in.
Show it to us!

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Ooooh, I was just chatting about this yesterday! I don't know if I have a style yet; it's always evolving. I'm drawn more to 1-page layouts for my albums, but I also am a pretty dedicated PL scrapper, and those are mostly 2-page/week. I love playing with clusters, and scrap-lifting my own pages from sketches on Pinterest.
How many pages have you made this month? 8, not counting the PL I have almost done on my screen right now.
Have you ever paper scrapped? Yup! I paper-scrapped for a long time before coming on here. I love digital scrapping so much more though! It's nice to be able to rearrange embellishments to my heart's content, and to be able to put it down, and find it exactly as I left it when I come back. It's also nice when I have it printed out, because the albums are so much lighter and easier to pull out and look at.
What's your favorite color palette to scrap with? I think I'm drawn to aquas and grays. I mostly pull colors from the photos I'm working with, and try to incorporate one or two pops of bright contrasting colors to help draw your eye around.
Have you ever taught anyone else to scrapbook? Nope, though I've sent a lot of people to this site to teach themselves!
What were you like as a 15 year old? I was a quieter, pretty nerdy kid. I loved reading and listening to country music. Similar to today, I had a few very deep friendships vs. lots of acquaintances.
If you went back 15 years, what would be most surprising about your current self? I'd probably be surprised about the kind of parent I've turned out to be. I thought I wouldn't ever let my kids watch TV or play video games (fail.) I was sure I would be a stricter parent, but it turns out I'm WAY more relaxed. And I'm so happy I am, just that 15-years-ago Laura probably would fall over from shock.
What was your life like 15 years ago? I was living in the Bay Area, in CA, with my fiancé. I worked as a special-ed teacher on an emergency credential in Oakland, while I was planning our wedding and attending full-time night school to get certified. It was a VERY busy time. I was constantly on the go!