Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-20-2021, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default February 21st -Photography Challenge

Hello my sweet friends!

Rebecca aka Mamabee is back with another SSD Birthday challenge... a photography challenge!

When thinking of what I was going to do for this challenge, the quote, "Life is in the Details" kept popping up. I love documenting the everyday details that I will quickly forget... so I am challenging you to take one NEW photo of five items (or collection of things) that tells us about you right now, today... and please let us know the story behind each item.

Me, as of February 20, 2021...
1. Lent has started and I've decided that I'm going to forgo chocolate for the next 40 days... *prayers for my family would be appreciated.
2. In search for an afternoon pickup to satisfy my sweet tooth, I found this tea with a dollop of cream and honey is soo good... and in my favorite coffee mug at this moment.
3. As it is winter, I'm usually cold and seeking warm... this blanket is my current favorite one - it has snoopy on it and I love all things snoopy. My favorite slippers also keep be warm.
4. If I'm not homeschooling my son, I am thinking about curriculum or researching curriculum... we just started biology, I'm very excited. History is also my favorite subject and I've been through so many curriculums!
5. Scrapbooking... that is a must that shows who I am... I try to scrapbook everyday, it is my self-care... and my favorite subject to scrap is the everyday of my family.

My 13 year old wanted a photo of his right now, too! He set this up for me and I took the photo.

1. Sherlock Holmes is his favorite author, right now. He even dressed up as him for Halloween.
2. Latin is one of his favorite subjects in homeschooling... all his friends lovingly call him the "Latin Nerd."
3. Toys... Jake is right on the line of being a kid and true teen... Lego and Rupert the lamb are never far from reach.
4. "Coffee" is his new favorite drink... He uses a previous used k-cup, so it's mostly brown water, a big scoop of cocoa and then creamer... at the end it looks like 80% creamer, haha.
5. Basher Science Figures... this comes and goes, but right now he is obsessed with these figures and they are discontinued. He is saving up his money to get pieces he still needs for his collection.

**Also I didn't even notice this until I was writing this challenge that you can see a football under the glass coffee table I was using to take photos... my son is obsessed about football. I was surprised he didn't pick football as he set up his photo... but ironically, it snuck in!

Everyone who completes this challenge by 11:59PM CST on February 23 will receive this fun freebie from Lliella Designs! I will be sending out the link, via private message.

Don't forget if you complete a Blackout in this year's Party Game A Day Bingo from February 1st, you'll be entered to win a $100 gift certificate to the shoppe too!
Old 02-21-2021, 12:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

February 2021
1. I'm crocheting a bright orange blanket at my son's request.
2. We just got dumped on with snow, so this warm cozy hat has been my favorite accessory during my walks listening to podcasts.
3. The kids tease me but Composition Notebooks are my go-to (I have them all color coded for various jobs I'm working on) where I'm tracking work related things and taking notes.
4. Plants! I recently got on a kick of trying to keep houseplants alive. This succulent was the easiest to grab, but the Rattlesnake plant is my current favorite. It has these amazing crinkly leaves & closes up at night.
5. Our Bible study is working through the prophets. We watch these Books of the Bible YouTube videos by "The Bible Project" (called "Read Scripture" if you're trying to find them) Our family loves the videos so much that for my birthday I received a print edition of the entire Bible series. The book is huge! But the illustrations are soooo awesome.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:04 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Took a quick photo of my life right now (pretty much) in my me time hole in the wall corner!
1. My computer..I spend my free time streaming or scrapbooking.
2. My earbuds...I love listening to music 24/7, right now I'm really into reggaeton and/or afrobeats
3. Sparkling Ice Water!!!! They come in tons of different flavors and it's just like soda but no sugar or calories and no guilt Plus it has antioxidants and vitamins. My current drug of choice hee hee
4. Stack of bills..Can't escape them
5. Lubriderm for this dang dry patch on my wrist that will just not go away!!!
Old 02-21-2021, 02:01 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Coming back later today with my 5 things and a photo. Have to think about it.
@Mamabee/Rebecca, I love that swirly thing you have for Lent to move your candle every day closer to Easter!

Here's my photo:

1. Today we plan to go on a nice walk (about 13 km) in the neighbourhood. I try to walk everyday, at least 10,000 steps. Normally the dog is my walking buddy (esp. now with the curfew, he is the only one to walk after 9pm), but he's getting old and can't walk such a long distance anymore. Because of the 'almost spring' weather, my husband will join me.
2. Because of Lent I gave up on all snacks. I try to eat only 3 meals, no dessert. There are a few snacks I allow myself tho. And on Sundays I can treat myself with a little something special. Today it's for my breakfast: 2 'pain au chocolat' or chocolat croissants.
3. I drink a lot of water, but every now a then I want to add a little flavor to it. Today I mixed half a bottle of water with half of the water-y drink with a flovor (raspberry and blueberry) from the beverage pack.
4. I am reading as well and I hope I have time to read a little bit toda as well. Right now I am reading the Dutch translation of Sunset At Central Park by Sarah Morgan. A nive read, but not a 'oh you can't live anymore if you haven't read this'...
5. And last but certainly not least: the mouse stands for my laptop and all the things I love to use it for. Scrapbooking, celebrating a certain shop's 15th birthday party, watching vlogs on YouTube, e-mailing and yes, also work (but not today, it's Sunday).

Last edited by Romajo; 02-21-2021 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:43 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

1. I'm working hard to finish my 2018 album.
2. Candy Crush Friends
3. Audiobooks in general, but currently Dark Tides by Philippa Gregory
4. I eat ice constantly. A blood test showed my iron levels are stable, but for whatever reason, I can't stop crunching ice.
5. The Ayurveda Experience: I use their face oils in the am, pm and on my hair.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:10 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Work edition, since I am currently at my job! I work with mentally disabled people, so I also work weekends and holidays but Sunday mornings always start quiet

1. My computer where I write rapports on how their day went and where I can read other rapports to see what Iíve missed when Iíve had some time off.
2. Of course my face mask is now a part of my everyday work outfit.
3. I have a schedule that tells me when I need to be where, I have 10 patients who all have their own studio, so I hop from patient to patient.
4. My work phone, so they can always reach me when Iím at someone elseís.
5. Some meds that I need to give some patients today.

Iíve crossed out the parts that have names on them, just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. My computer is my window to the world. It has been for years now. I stay home a lot due to health issues with my sweet daughter so my computer has been really important to me. I'm always on my computer working on scrapbooking or checking on friends and family.
2. I read a LOT. Both on my iPad and "real" books. This past year with Covid-19 and now with it being winter and too cold to go outside I love having my books to turn to. They have helped to save my sanity!
3. Have to have my chocolate! Always and forever I need my chocolate!!
4. I love taking photos and am trying to get better at taking them with my little camera and my phone. We live in a very rural mountain community where the wildlife visit our yard often. Deer, the neighbor's peacocks, an occasional fox, squirrels. We even had a raccoon come thru the yard one day. And there are always the birds. I have hundreds of photos of "my critters" and all the beautiful wildflowers that bloom in the spring and summer. My computer is by the window looking out into the backyard where all these beautiful animals come thru. I love it so much.
5. My sister made the cute card for my daughter's birthday and now I'm getting ready to start making cards again, too. I have a lot of supplies to make them that are begging to be used.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Jan Merkley; 02-21-2021 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:23 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1. My bathrobe has been getting a lot of use during lockdown
  2. My headphones because I am always listening to music
  3. The laser pointer because the cats go mad for it
  4. My trackball because I use it to scrap and do social media
  5. Wrapping paper because it's my husband's birthday
Old 02-21-2021, 04:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I couldn't keep it to five apparently...

1. My Mac - spend waaaay to much time at it
2. Scrapping in my Travelers Notebooks in paper. This is the one I am doing for my DD 2020.
3. Moomin mugs for my coffee and tea.
4. Sewing!!! You can't tell but underneath the needles and measuring tape is my latest sweater.
5. Making vegetarian food -and using this book a lot which is pure gold!
6. Planning for work (I am a teacher)
7. Drinking a glass of warm water and lemon juice each morning to help out with my digestion.
8. Reading!!! I actually think books are my number one passion and this is what I am currently reading. It's soooo good!
Old 02-21-2021, 06:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sitting here in my recliner with a blanket over my lap and legs, dog mostly beside me (in the recliner) but partly on me. Decided to see what was within reach to take a picture of. lol (It's still dark here. Don't have bright lights on, so the pic is a little dark.)

1. My old laptop. (The only one I use.) I was just wondering yesterday how long I've had this thing. 9 years? I feel like it's on its last legs.

2. Bought these thumb drives recently. Thinking of using them for extra backup of pictures. Probably going to buy another EHD but could still put some things on these.

3. My one cup of coffee each morning. I only started drinking coffee about a year ago. Don't want more than this one cup when I wake up.

4. A stack of printed 8x8 layouts. I counted 52 in this stack. There are 8 more on the side of the fridge that get rotated out frequently as new ones are printed. And there's a dozen or two more stacked in the kitchen that came off the fridge over the past few months and I, apparently, never walked them into this room to add to the stack in the picture. Guess I need to trim these and get them into albums. lol Maybe learn more about photobooks from Shutterfly or whoever.

5. My people. The "background" on my computer screen. The reason I scrap. Love them!

Last edited by SweetChar; 02-21-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:59 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

What a fun challenge. Photography is my favorite hobby; led my to my second favorite, scrapbooking.

This is me as of 21 Feb
1. There is a foot of snow on the ground, but I'm planning for warmer days...a book on flower gardens.
2. My fall/winter specialty coffee mug...I use this when I'm experimenting with different coffees, syrups, etc.
3.Currently reading Mrs. Jeffries series by Emily Brightwell.
4. My Bose speaker and iPod...must have music.
5. My camera bag and my model, Bailey. Bailey is 13 and very patient; so a great model. I should have picked the eighth or tenth frame when she stuck her tongue out.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

What a fun challenge! I love learning more about everyone... here's me right now.

1. My Mac. I splurged on the 27" screen last year when online teaching was just starting, and I absolutely love it! Of course, I really love it for my favorite hobby - scrapbooking!
2. A current project I'm working on for my side business, which I started about a year and a half ago. I love the creative outlet!
3. Coffee - never thought I would drink it. Only started a few months ago. I am an intermittent faster, and it's the way I start my day now... black even. My sister is still in shock lol.
4. My winter hat - although winter is my least favorite season, I'm forcing myself to get outside and hike trails this year. I need to stay active year round.
5. Remote - usually when I'm scrapping, I have on some mindless tv.
6. PBL Handbook - I'm currently reading this for school, and it's really making me think about the way I teach and the way kids learn.
7. Cat toy - I love my 2 furballs! We first got kitties in 2018 (I was allergic forever) but now I can't imagine life without them, and allergies don't bother me, thankfully!

Old 02-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Its almost 7am my time. I am waking up and enjoying a cup of coffee in my favorite mug. I am sitting on the couch and rest my items on a wood tray. One of the first things I do is check the Sweet Shoppe Party Game-A-Day.

It was hell week in San Antonio Texas with the snow and freeze. For entertainment during power outages I started the puzzle games in the Natural History book and read through National Geographic's Atlas of Space. Power is back on and I continue to play puzzles!
Old 02-21-2021, 08:24 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1. Currently working my way through the latest challenges.
2. I use games, crosswords and quizzes as a buffer to break up monotonousness tasks.
3. We are a family that enjoy cooking together. Right now I am helping my son make lunch.
4. Reading White Bones by Graham Masterton.
5.I have a small notebook for my random thoughts. It travels everywhere with me and is full of my thoughts, quotes, ideas for my sons' albums and even my shopping list from time to time.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I write my bullet journal book
2. Color by number painting is my hobby today.
3. Mini printer, to print photos from my phone.
4. Favorite ice cream.
5. Read book on my phone. Diana Gabaldon: Outlander 3/2
Old 02-21-2021, 09:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. My early birthday gift, my new Samsung watch. I've wanted a smart watch since they came out and we never could afford it. But this year we upgraded phones and I got the watch for free!!!
2. My scrapbooking keeps me sane so one of the albums I've created.
3. My Bath & Body Works mist, because I'm obsessed with all the scents!
4. My adult coloring book for days when I just want to veg out and relax.
5. The beautiful markers to color said book.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

PXL_20210221_141335735.PORTRAIT by wvufan2, on Flickr

Oh this is a great challenge and definitely made me think a bit to narrow it down to 5 - here are my 5 things though

1. Camera - I love photography, I used to have a business many moons ago and miss it but know for right now I just don't want to give up weekends to do "work" so I can be at all the kids activities and family stuff. It took a few years to not feel the loss of it but now I just miss it and am not sad about it. I also always have it at games, and shoot entirely too many photos I'm sure during soccer games - but I share with other parents on the team so I feel like that makes it okay, so much so that I have been known as the "camera lady" in NE when we lived there and now in TX. My camera is also a tool I use for one of the organizations I volunteer with that means so much to me, NILMDTS.
2. Wacom Tablet/Pen - this is my newest favorite way to edit and scrapbook. Scrapbooking is a love of mine and I'm so glad I get to tell our stories and get them printed. Editing is more for retouching work I do for NILMDTS than my own photos, they typically just get quick adjustments/crops and that's it, but with NILMDTS I do much more involved edits and the pen makes a huge difference.
3. Knitting - I just recently learned to knit (Dec) and am working on a scarf. It's something I do almost daily now, usually when watching tv with my husband at night after the kids go to bed, or when we watch a family movie (I can't seem to just watch a movie or show) and I take it with me when kids have appointments and I will be waiting (3 hours a week I wait in the car while my youngest is at speech/OT).
4. Planner - Pretty sure I would be lost without this! For the calendar and keeping up with everyone's schedules of course (though we use Google calendar for that stuff as well) it's also where I have notes I jot at church, lists lists and more lists of things from scrapbooking challenges, to-dos, projects, volunteer info I need to remember. It's just all the things
5. Coke - as much as I know I should give this up, I haven't and it's my one vice/treat. I wish I could learn to drink coffee but haven't been able to even after several attempts so far.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. My shoes to represent my daily workouts
2. My computer represents teaching (was teaching all my classes online for the past 3 weeks, we went back to face to face this week, but still have one fully online course). Also represents my daily scrapping
3. Bread - love to bake, bake bread every week for my family as well as cookies.
4. One of my teaching text books - I am the Department Head of our Exercise Science program and am currently the only full time faculty in my department as well. So this takes a lot of my time.
5. Checkbook represents our own business. I manage our accounts, due payroll and manage the behind the scenes part of our business as well as offer Nutrition appointments as an RD part time.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:38 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

This is my crazy life right now:
1. Teaching online, but we are going back to the building tomorrow.
2. The Great Courses-The Mayo Clinic Diet: The Healthy Approach to Weight Loss. Love to learn about nutrition. I have a long list of courses that I want to take next.
3. Beachbody on Demand. I am trying to work out every day, at least for 30 minutes.
4. Studying to add an endorsement to my existing license.
5. Using my planner as a journal. (I need something to help me remember what I did last night)��
Old 02-21-2021, 10:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me on Sunday, 02-21-2021

1) Sunday is pancake day at our house.
2) Can't start a day without coffee. Today my Dad is heavy on my heart. Tomorrow is his birthday. How Great Thou Art was his favorite hymn. I can't hear this hymn without thinking of him. Miss you so much Daddy.
3) Donald and Minnie because we are a Disney family. I miss going to the Parks and making fun memories with my family. I look forward to things opening back up and it being safe to have a Disney day!
4) I've been on a Jelly Belly kick. I let myself have 10 each afternoon. They are my special treat.
5) Been lovin the coconut Bath and Body Works shower gel and lotion I received at Christmas.
6) Heading to the grocery later today, so looking at the Publix Ad. Going to try and make it a quick run so I can get back home and do some scrappin and celebrating at SSD!

Old 02-21-2021, 10:53 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

This is me right now:
1. I work full-time outside the home (well, at home for the time being) as a paralegal. I didn't know how to document that without revealing actual work product, but I remembered I had a certificate from my membership in the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas, of which I have been a member for 20+ years.
2. The scrapbook page from a book shows that I love scrapbooking.
3. "3 Ways to Make Mini Meatloaves" is a favorite recipe. I've been trying new recipes for the last couple of years. I've had this particular recipe for 12 years but only recently dug it out. It's so easy! It's on Kraft's website. The main ingredients are a pound of ground beef, box of Stove Top Stuffing, and shredded cheese (I don't add that anymore). Then you add a spice and some sauce, which depend on whether you want it American, Italian or Mexican.
4. That is my Roku remote - I love watching shows and movies on the different apps on the Roku. Right now Tubi is my favorite app. It's free, and everything on it is free.
5. Downton Abbey - that is probably my all-time favorite show. I have all the DVDs and the Downton Abbey movie, which is pictured.

Last edited by lizziej; 02-21-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:56 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the fun challenge.

1. My hockey sweater cuz it's hockey season.
2. My "Lucy" water glass, to keep hydrated.
3. My Art Brush Lettering book, currently practicing.
4. Current book, my favorite author.
5. Currently creating, Julie Nutting doll tag for a St.Patrick's swap because I love to play with dolls.

Last edited by Route66; 02-21-2021 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the fun challenge!

1 Noom - signed up a few weeks ago and am methodically making healthy changes
2 Grapes - part of the healthy changes I'm making
3 Water - another healthy habit I'm getting used to
4 Camera - I have been passionate about photography since grade school. I lug my camera along with me just about every time I leave the house, just in case that "perfect" photo opportunity presents itself!
5 Brighter Day BBW Candle - this is my new favorite candle scent - smells heavenly!
Old 02-21-2021, 11:12 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1. My laptop and current scrapping, since its my creative "me" time.
2. My Disney coloring book which was a Christmas gift from my son and my favorite Caran d'Ache Watercolor pencils.
3. Cup of black coffee, always, in my favorite Eeyore mug.
4. Hand weights that I use daily in a new workout routine hubby and I are doing.
5. The sponge brush represents the current renovation chaos that is happening in my house right now and why my laptop is currently situated on a TV table, ugh!
6. My trusty shadow, Riley who is never far from my side.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Rebecca for this fun challenge!
My kids were surprised and very interested in this idea and they wanted to participate too.
Thank you because it was fun to see their choice.

Here's mine:

1 My new laptop, the last one died a few months ago, I find this one good but I'm disappointed because it has very little memory and I have to constantly use external hard drives. I'm using it for all, internet, shopping, scrapping, retouch pictures and so on...

2 My camera I had a year ago for Christmas and was the gift I've always dreamed of. I use it constantly but thanks to Sarah, I use my iPhone more and more often because it is much more practical and the photos are still of good quality for everyday events or even landscapes. (Thank you for the tip Sarah)

3 Scented candle, I have them all over my house and I love it. Even my kids are used to it and claim it. I particularly like the sweet scents. I hate cooking smells after eating so it's very convenient and I find it soothing.

4 Fairy figurines from my daughter, she loves figurines, especially those of birds and fairies. She will be receiving some in a few days for her birthday and it reminds me of her.

5 This is Piou Piou, my son's first blanket and he has never forgotten it. The poor guy has been stitched up and repaired several times and even botoxed but he can't do without it and he leaves it with me every morning in the library so that I think of him when he's at school. For now it's winter vacation here but I still see it every day lol

My daughter's pick:

1 A phoenix figurine, my daughter loves everything about phoenix-like and will be getting a new one for her birthday soon.

2 A large box of colored pencils that she received a short time ago, she loves to draw and often color birds and fairies ...

3 Still faeries figurine especially Tinkerbell she particulary loves but it can be Bayala figurine too. She plays with it very often during the holidays.

4 The Trolls DVD she recently had and loves immediately.

5 One of her fave book, if there's birds in the story, it's a good book!

My son's pick:

1 Piou Piou again, he just can't do without.

2 His terrestrial globe and his planisphere, he is passionate about the World and wants to know everything about other countries, other cultures and even tries to learn foreign languages ​​on his own with his tablet.lol. He would like to travel later and know the whole world.

3 His car and his tow truck, one of his favorite toys at the moment. In general he is very fond of small cars.

4 And his other passion, the highway code and road signs. This is something that interests him a lot too. He always wants to know everything and is very respectful of the highway code. Watch out for me if I don't respect.

5 Mario and Nintendo Switch, it is the first console that he and his sister had and he loves electronic games surely a little too much but sometimes they play with their imagination too and invent new rules.

That's our five fave pick, Thank you so much again for the fun!
Old 02-21-2021, 11:26 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I’m on my iPad so I can’t figure out how to paste my photo in this thread, so I’ll update in a little while. Lol UPDATED!

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ayflat&cat=500

1. I’ve been cooking a lot of New York Times recipes. It has kept us eating good food every night the last month.
2. I have been participating in Jen Hatmakers book club and I really need to go to reading!
3. I have been participating in the #100daychallenge. I am focusing on yarn projects. I’ve made 3 hats and now working on my favorite character.
4. Obviously coffee lol
5. The cold of winter (represented by a pin from the 2021 St Paul Winter Carnival)
6. and lastly of course a recently printed scrapbook to represent my love of scrapping however much I can every day.

Last edited by mnjenlittle; 02-21-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Take your pick....so many masks! We need to mask up every time we go somewhere and there's a mask for pretty much any task.
2) We are getting snow here in South Lyon, MI it seems like every other day. And I'm not talking snow that just melts when it touches the ground! Nope! It's the sticking kind. So, when the dog needs to go out (at least 3 times a day), the boots must go on.
3) Digital. Scrapbooking. Need I say more?
4) One of my new obsessions is the Bacardi Rum Punch. So good!
5) I use my iPad as my Kindle. I read everyday, pretty much without fail.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:00 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Me, as of February 21, 2021...
1. Books. I am always reading and collecting books. It is my escape.
2. Tea. I have a cup each day and love any of the berry flavors
3. I am a homeschool mom to a 6 year old and I am always teaching, prepping, and looking to see what else we can learn to foster his love of learning.
4. 5 pound weight. I made a goal at the beginning of the year to exercise consistently and I have stuck to it and I am feeling amazing!
5. Science experiments, Kiwi Crates, Legos, and any thing else I can find to keep my busy 6 year old entertained as we currently live in 10 inches of snow and 10ļ weather!

Old 02-21-2021, 12:10 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My text reads:
My life this weekend in a snapshot would have to incudes these five items. First is my laptop, open to the challenge on Sweet Shoppe Designs where I am doing a different game each day. Second, these old photos of three of my six children. We are in the process of cleaning out the basement and I unearthed these photos yesterday while sorting through an old box. Third is my little box of numbers. Each week Sean and I draw a number, between one and one hundred. When we draw the two numbers we add them together and that is the total amount we deposit into our savings account for the week. This week will be $170! Fourth is my Sudoku book. I just canít get enough of it! Fifth is my mask - my biggest challenge. I work in the Activities department of a nursing home and due to events surrounding Covid, I am being asked to move from doing activities in the Nursing Center to the Villa. I do NOT want to do this but I may not have a choice. I really love my job and am not looking forward to the change.

Old 02-21-2021, 12:30 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1. The soft, warm & fuzzy gray blanket keeps me warm in this month's colder than normal temperatures. It's a great companion for the book I'm reading along with my cup of hot tea.
2. Our family's 2019 (digital) scrapbook represents the digiscrapping I do every day to document our family members' lives. I'm currently working on books for 2020 family life, my mom's life and my life. I like to use some of the monthly challenges I do to complete pages for one of these books.
3. Yesterday I got my 1st COVID vaccine and in 3 weeks will get the 2nd one. My husband has had both of his shots so I borrowed his sticker to represent this milestone.
4. Harney & Sons 2021 Lunar New Year tea is one of my current favorites. It has a lovely caramel coconut flavor. Hot tea is my go to beverage of choice year round, but especially in the winter months.
5. I included one of the books I currently have checked out of our library. I read 3-5 books per week. I find reading relaxing, taking me away from some of the craziness of our world and interesting, giving me opportunities to learn and experience lots of new things that I might not otherwise know or experience.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What a fun challenge. I love reading all of these posts! Here is mine:

1. My bag is packed for school tomorrow. Teachers go back to the building tomorrow and students will come next week. It's a big change and I am excited and nervous. I will get my second round of the vaccine Wednesday.
2. My personal computer. Without scrapbooking, I would be so lost. It not only preserves my family history, but brings me great joy and a true creative outlet.
3. My "book" - I keep track of challenges, notes on anything I need for personal or professional life, make menus for the week, etc. I live by lists!
4. Diet coke = fuel
5. Grandma bib - What keeps me going these days is the next visit with my precious grandson (1st) who is almost 5 months old!
Old 02-21-2021, 12:58 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1. 2 drinks: coffee and water until noonish when the coffee runs out and then water for the rest of the day. I often leave my coffee and water randomly throughout the house then have to hunt it down.
2. School books: with the kids distance learning, I spend a lot of time on schooling with them.
3. Busy calendar: right now with Ghabe's medical stuff and school stuff, plus working full time. Add in some IEP meetings and routine dental appointments with conferences and you have a busy, busy mama.
4. head phones: I am LOVING audiobooks right now. I can listen while I do housework or while I craft. I can even listen while I'm at work!
5. hybrid/physical scrapbook stuff: In 2020, I decided to try hybrid scrapping after 13 years of purely digital and I LOVE it! It has brought a lot of joy back to the craft for me and I'm learning soooooo much!
Old 02-21-2021, 12:59 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

So I am currently reading President Obama's book which is amazing. I am almost halfway through. He is an amazing writer.
Second is my CDC vaccination card. I got the first Pfizer vaccine on Friday. I can't wait for another three weeks to be fully vaccinated and not have an anxiety attack
Third is my source of caffeine since I am not a fan of coffee. With 3 boys running (and crawling for the 11 month old), I need some energy!
Fourth is my old wallet which represents my university and my mad FSU football obsession.
Finally it's my 11 month old's baby Yoda (Grogu) he loves to carry around in his mouth. I have an insane obsession with the Child. Yoda was my fave Star Wars character to begin with and then the Child came out when I was pregnant with my 11 month old. So now any piece of clothing I find that is the Child, I buy for my 11 month old.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:05 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

1 - In the morning, when I wake up, I can't do anything until I have had a full-bodied double espresso. Not to mention that I also drink it after lunch, and dinner .... and sometimes, in the afternoon oops. I know, arfff I drink too much.
2 - As the blood orange season is very short, I take an orange juice cure. I love these oranges.
3 - No day without doing digital scrapbooking, my favorite subject: my granddaughter
4 - At the moment, my bedside book: "The Flowers of Evil" by Charles Baudelaire.
5 - And right after reading, I relax by doing crosswords or sudoku.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1 - My work computer and monitors. I love working from home and this is where the bulk of my day is spent.
2 - My big silver travel mug. Usually filled with tea twice a day. I found a new tea company during quarantine that I love and have a great variety I rotate through.
3 - My google mini. Used to answer questions, give me the weather, and play music throughout the day.
4 - The cable remote. I have the TV on all day while I'm working. Often just for background noise but I do try to get a little news when I can (and I little guilty pleasure soap on my lunch)
5 - My little Grogu just makes me happy
6 - Lotion. My hands get so dry this time of year.
7 - My notebook. Used to take quick notes/jot down reminders during the day for work as well as keep track of my SSD Passport challenges and sale reminders.

Last edited by bienejen; 02-21-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:12 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

1. A cup of jasmine tea, which is my favorite.
2. The book my husband and I are reading currently for our book club of two.
3. The journal I started this year to help me remember things.
4. Animal crossing which I check-in on every day.
5. One of my many cross stitch projects I have going on.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Watching movies on my computer
2. Reading on kindle
3. Talking to friends on phone
4. Using my headphones to block noise of husband watching Family Feud
5. Had to use Winter had when ran errands.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Weights: I always start my day with a workout.
2. Fitbit: A friend invited me to a "Weekend Warrior" challenge.
3. All mighty packs: Sundays are usually laundry day for me.
4. Swiffer: Aside from laundry day, Sunday is also the day I clean the house.
5. The Book Of Two Ways by Jodi Picoult: I curl up with a book each night before going to bed. This is what I am currently reading.

Last edited by immaculeah; 02-21-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. Every night before making dinner I get a craving for these... I told myself I won't buy them again that way I won't be tempted... but oh so good and I don't even like spicy stuff!

2. Beautycounter Baby Balm for my hands that have the worst eczema since Covid started. It even started bleeding in some spot recently. Ouch!

3. Milk and Honey breastmilk jewelry. I had some earrings done with my milk and this is one of my most precious possessions along with number 4

4. Tiny Tag necklace with the name of my 3 girls. Augustine, Eloise and Leonie

5. my mouse because obviously the computer is a big part of me
Old 02-21-2021, 02:18 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Laptop - I use it daily for everything including digital scrapbooking
Ipad - I use it to play games and read Bible Recap plan (one year chronological bible reading) daily
Disney mask - planning our Disney trip that is coming up so soon!
Dr Pepper - my fav drink!
Chiefs gnome - A huge Chiefs fan here!
Old 02-21-2021, 02:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My life....

I am obsessed with Disney, Outlander, photography, crafting, scrapbooking and art.

I love to read.... these are some of my current books. My Nook is missing from the photo cause it is upstairs on my nightstand and my hubby is currently napping.... I always read at night on my nook so I don’t disturb my hubby sleeping. And currently I am rereading all the Outlander books on it.

I am trying to stay healthy so I usually have a cup of water or crystal light with me. (Made with my Cricut)

My headphones so I can listen to music, books or podcasts while I walk and exercise.

And my planner. This one has room for meal planning and weekly Bible verses for inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by StacyLynn; 02-21-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 Currently loving my new sherpa throw - super warm and cozie
2 My favorite bright bag filled with colored pencils which a prefer over crayons or markers to color
3 My current fav coloring book
4 My iPad perfect for games and reading
5 And cold-weather essential Burts Bees lemon cuticle butter
Old 02-21-2021, 02:30 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Loving this challenge and reading everyone's 5 things.

SSD_15birthday_D21_5things

1 - My Ugg Slippers have been on my feet since my bestie sent them to me for Christmas, they are SO comfy and suit me perfectly, peep toe leopard print, might actually be my middle name.
2 - My vape, I gave up smoking a while ago and for some vaping isn't the answer, but for me it is and is better for me - I can feel the difference when I workout.
3 - Card project, there is always a card project on my desk, as I am primarily a card maker and digi scrapping is a new love, but paper and ink will always be my first and true love.
4 - My glasses - I wear off the shelf readers, there is normally a pair on my head, on my face, on my desk, on the floor, on a table - they are everywhere.
5 - Coffee 'Cauldron' - I LOVE Coffee and I like it in BIG mugs - my Hubby calls them the Cauldrons. This one is my current fave, a Christmas gift from my MIL.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. Jesus Calling devotional book - my mom gave me this book a few years ago and I never read it. I decided to give it a try starting the first of this year and I am loving it. Really encourages me to keep my thoughts away from my worries/struggles and on the one who can actually take care of them all and loves me!
2. Grill pan - I bought this stove top grill pan last summer at Costco and never used it. Finally got it out this winter because I really wanted to make grilled steak/chicken/fish (and it is way too cold for outside grilling here) and it has been a delight - nonstick and works great.
3. Reading glasses - I don't know how I didn't need reading glasses until this year (everyone else I know that is my age has been using them for years), but I need them now. I have several pairs all over the house =)
4. My recipe book - pretty much gets used daily. I love to make beautiful 4x6 cards of my favorite recipes with digital scrapbooking stuff.
5. Mask - never thought I would ever wear one of these comfortably a year ago - now they are stashed in my purse, my car and I can wear them a reasonable amount of time when I need to be out and about.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:15 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Life is in the details

1.My computer is my lifeline. I do everything on it: work, help with my kids' school stuff, play my games, work on my scrapbook stuff in PSE, I've been doing the daily challenges all month in this forum, keep connected to people on Facebook, stream my shows... the list goes on and on.
2. Coffee is a must have! My hubbins brings me home coffee from work every morning (he works overnight).
3. My daily journaling book. I have been keeping a daily journal or memory keeping for the last 6 years. This is my 19th book! I write our daily ins and outs, put pictures, memories, receipts, and anything else in it. I love spiral bound journals, s they have room to expand. I love it when my book gets fat and chunky!
4. My phone. My other connection to the outside world. Besides the regular phone stuff, calling and texting, I use it for Instagram and Snapchat.
5. My fuzzy slippers. I have lived in these Stitch socks lately. They are so comfy.
6. The comfy blanket. We actually gave this blanket to my son for Christmas, but I have used it more than him. It is so soft and fuzzy, I love it. I told my son that I owe him a blanket, lol!
Old 02-21-2021, 03:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is what my evenings look like, when my daughter is in bed and I can call it a day (literally!)
1. Scrapping on my pc (featuring my favorite layout from this week's new releases)
2. Drinking a soft drink (or having a snack)
3. My planner, with menus and shopping lists
4. My miniature beetle, a reminder that I need to get a driver's licence - postponed due to the pandemic
5. A letter to Santa by my daughter. She wants a Chef Smurf figurine. I happen to have one in my toys stash, so I made her write a letter to Santa. I can't wait to see her face tomorrow morning! (note to self: take photos!)
Old 02-21-2021, 03:32 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1. My Laptop- What I use to scrap and participate in these fun challenges!
2. My water glass, gotta stay hydrated!
3. A book, trying to read some classics this year.
4. Skip-Bo, I love card games, this is one my grandparents would play all the time, I will always remember when I was finally old enough to join them on Friday Game Night!
5. Chocolate...always
6. and as a bonus.... if you look in the background you will notice Louise from Bob's Burgers, my spirit animal from my favorite tv show.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’m just loving these “snapshots” into your lives!! It’s so interesting to see what we have in common and not.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:09 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Old 02-21-2021, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I needed something pretty in the house now that I put the Valentine's stuff away, so I went with these pretty flowers. They make be fake, but they still make me happy until it's warm enough for cut flowers!
2. Mountain Dew. It's my favorite. I probably drink too much of it, but it makes me happy!
3. My camera. I'm always taking pictures. Lately, it's mostly of the snow,although my daughter and I did get to see some of the ice sculptures for the Ice Walk they did in our town this year instead of the Fire & Ice Festival.
4. Candy that I have on my desk. My husband always makes sure I have something to put in my little candy jar that was my late grandmother's. These pretty colors make me happy, too!
5. My cheap earbuds. I am always listening to music whether I'm cleaning, cooking, or scrapping. I love all kinds of music, although, lately, my daughter has me hooked on Shawn Mendes!