Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-13-2016, 06:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Gotta Ask -- December Daily/Holiday Album Plans?

Anyone else starting to plan for December Daily/Holiday Favorites/some other type of holiday album?

I still have a handful of pages to do from last year's & it is definitely shaping what I plan on doing for this year's book.

I think I am going to give up numbering & dating my pages. GASP. It actually takes quite a lot of time to remember which day is which, since I don't start on December 1, and then dating them all. No one actually cares what day it is in my album or which date something happened so I'm letting it go.

I'm also going to go back to using templates & a square page. I didn't do that this past year, and it just takes me forever to come up with a design. I've done DD the past two years in a smaller rectangle size, and while it was fun, going back to the size I scrap everything else in is going to be so much better for me.

Can you tell I have a 2 1/2yo and need to spend the minimum amount of time on this each night before I pass out exhausted in bed?!
Old 11-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not 'doing' an album this year (I do DD on odd years), but I am going to finish the Holiday Faves 4x4 album I started two years ago... Last year I printed the pics (that I took in 2014), but didn't like them, so I'm more or less starting from scratch this year...
Old 11-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to make an album about all the hallmark movies I can't watch :P
Old 11-13-2016, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing DD again this year... or try too, still working on 2012, 2013 and 2015... did 2014 and forgot about it when I tried scrapping it and had dejavu... haha

At this point it's just habit... like taking a photo everyday... I will get them scrapped at some point... just what decade is the question.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started an album last year and didn't finish it...always good intentions with me. LOL!

Old 11-13-2016, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

KCB, you make me giggle so. Surely there is a way to get Hallmark movies in Canada. WE WILL FIND A WAY!
Old 11-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I didn't do one last year. I am thinking to do one this year and looking around for a set of templates that I might use for it
Old 11-13-2016, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I already feel so overwhelmed with December that I don't think i'll do one. I love them but know it won't get finished this year and then it'll be 1 more project not finished, ya know? I'll just take photos & scrap whenever I can. Like Rebecca, it just depends on what decade lol!
Old 11-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have always wanted to do one and never have. I am such a December daily slacker. LOL!
Old 11-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I'm going to make an album about all the hallmark movies I can't watch :P
I don't do DD because we don't really get winter here and I rarely take Christmas photos so was thinking of maybe making it a 25 days of Christmas movies we watched as a family.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am horrible when it comes to "pre planned albums" like planning to do a daily, or even weekly thing so I just don't do them. The most I do is I will take a photo of the Elf every day, and EVENTUALLY those photos will be put on a double spread, but that's about it.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did a DD in 2014 but skipped last year as I figured it would be the same, lol. I may try again this year but with the boy gone away to college I don't even put the tree up until a week before Christmas and don't decorate. Not really much for me to take pictures of. I may do one for January as something different.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing something. I never finished last years but this is our last christmas as a military family so I want to make sure to document this one
Old 11-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did a DD in 2014. I changed my format a week or so in and redid the pages... I ended up using a 1/4 of a 12 x 12 page since it's just one photo a day. I don't know if I'll do one again. Things that make you go hmmm......
Old 11-16-2016, 10:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea of a DD album, but I just know I won't have time to do it. There's literally not one weekend from Thanksgiving to Christmas that we don't have some sort of plans or obligations. 'Tis the season of crazy schedules!
Old 11-16-2016, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes - I'm going to do a December Daily! It's my favorite album.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

I always try to do a December Daily album every year, I haven't finished single year though but that won't stop me from doing it again this year. I'm torn between doing all digital or 6x8 traditional album.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:36 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea behind DD but find myself never being able to commit to it. Instead I get my Christmaselated layouts printed (that I'd be having in our family album anyway) and add them to a 12x12 leather album that I have with other Christmas-y pages from during the past 6 years. I find that's at least doable for hardly any additional work. Mind you I haven't printed off last year's yet so I'd best get around to that. :P

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 11-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
Oh yes - I'm going to do a December Daily! It's my favorite album.
Oh good! I still have your album from last year bookmarked in hopes that it will eventually inspire me to finish one of my partially done DDs!
Old 11-29-2016, 06:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing DDs for six years now, or so (stopped counting, and can't really remember). Done digital (with printing), done hybrid (and even finished one), did a hybrid one last year that I finished except for a few pages that go inside the pockets between the pages and won't be missing, if I don't get them done.

For this year, I'm going very simple again. I love having the choice between digital and hybrid, folks. Digital makes our lives so much easier.

I'm using a template (which I also share on my blog, mistyhilltops.com) that I created so I can print out the pages on A4 paper and turn them into a book quickly. That template really makes the process a lot faster, because every page is set up the same way, and all I need to do is fill my layout with papers, photos, and ellies.

I don't really like to call my album December Daily anymore, because where I'm at, we're already well into the season's celebrations, and I'd be missing on documenting some of vital elements (like the first Christmas cookies of the season, putting up decorations, etc.) if I only did an album about my December. So, I just call it Document Christmas.

I've already whipped up a couple of pages from the last few days. Here's one that's not very Christmasy but - hey! - we had snow last week, and I'd already started my DD album, and definitely loved having a snowy page to include. Still dreamin' of that white Christmas ...

Old 11-29-2016, 09:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Fall is busy for us between working extra hours, the kids' activities, traveling for Thanksgiving, and having guests during Christmas break. So by September I start getting further and further behind on my scrapping. I have about 3 Project Life albums that are done except for November and December. So no, definitely not undertaking a December project! My goal this year is just to get weekly pages made for November and December.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 10:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was inspired to create a traditional scrapbook for DD 2016. I have my foundation pages done: http://www.kristalundphotography.com...er-daily-2016/

I can't wait to fill them up!
Old 11-29-2016, 11:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Your album is INCREDIBLE, Krista!
Old 11-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I signed up for Nettio's Holiday Faves again this year. The page protectors I ordered should be arriving today so it looks like I might actually get a good start on this one.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
I signed up for Nettio's Holiday Faves again this year. The page protectors I ordered should be arriving today so it looks like I might actually get a good start on this one.
Yay!
Old 11-29-2016, 05:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Your album is INCREDIBLE, Krista!
ah, thanks!!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:19 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I pre-planned a "DD" album which is supposed to run parrallel to my Project Life... we'll see how that's going to work out. I love doing albums, so I'm looking forward to it. I just have to remember taking pictures every day, because there will be december days where nothing really happens, so... we'll see. I'm hopeful.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

This will be my first year doing a specific December album. My mom has stage 4 lung cancer so I want this year to be happy and documenting our visit with her, this will probably be her last Christmas. Last year we went on a cruise and spent time with my in-laws that we don't see very often so that year is a more vacation album.

I love reading all your ideas because it is giving me permission to not be strict how I am planning mine. I have templates and a specific kit I will be using to make all the pages go together but that is the only thing that is set. If I don't have any set "rules" then I won't fail at the idea.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbesendorfer View Post
This will be my first year doing a specific December album. My mom has stage 4 lung cancer so I want this year to be happy and documenting our visit with her, this will probably be her last Christmas.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I finally decided how I'm going to change it up this year... double spread, one with all that is going on for the day and the other will be a "behind the story"... I hope I can come up with 25 things to go behind the story on... haha... but I'm excited to try...