Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2
Default Keeping Track of Projects?

How do you keep track of all that you have going on in terms of Scrapbooking stuff? I have some incomplete P365 projects I want to finish, Baby books, vacation, reunion etc. All projects I want to complete but thinking about them just overwhelms me.

How do you keep track of all that you'd like to get done or have on your scrapbooking plate?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a "To Scrap" folder on my computer, and within that folder I have sub-folders for every album I'm working on. I store all the photos, journaling notes, and other ideas there. But even with things organized, I felt like I was adding more things to those folders than I'd ever have time to scrap. If all you want is organization ideas, you can stop reading here. But if you're feeling overwhelmed by the amount you want to scrap, read on.

What has finally helped me this year is giving myself permission to do some things quickly and simply so they just GET DONE. I finally did a Shutterfly album with some of the vacation photos that have been hanging over my head for years. It's very simple, a 1-night project of photos on a white background with a little text. It came today, and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have it completed on my shelf instead of in my To Scrap folder. I've also started Project Life to give myself a home for all the photos and stories that I want to remember but that don't really need their own 12x12 pages. I still love scrapping and want to do lots of my usual "regular" digital pages, but I feel like I'm regaining the freedom to scrap the stories or photos that really inspire me.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Don't laugh, but I have a spread sheet. Each column is a project and under it I list each page that I want to do for that project. Then as I complete them I add the cross through font option. And when I print it I change the background color for that box.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyHC View Post
Each column is a project and under it I list each page that I want to do for that project.
I didn't mention it above, but as I add photos and journaling to the album's folder I organize them by layout, giving each page its own folder. If I haven't gotten around to organizing the photos yet but know some of the pages I want to do, I have a Word or text document listing it all.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've been googling and doing some reading and Evernote came up as a suggestion for this list and I pulled up my acct to see what I could do. and I guess I started something way back in 2010 LOL.

I have 1 project entered into this list my son's preschool book - with a goal date of Christmas 2010. Yeah, my preschooler is now in 2nd grade and his book is STILL not done.

My goal this year is to get some stuff printed and DONE.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm old school (and old ) I use a pen and a steno style notebook, for layouts I want to do & the bigger projects, like finishing Journal Your Christmas, resizing & printing 31 Things & putting together my 2011 365 photo book, are on a white board by my desk.

I've learned over the years that I just don't "see" to do lists on my computer, even though I spend 8 hours a day on it. I need to physically write it down to see I need to do it.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In my head. I don't have the best of memories, but for some weird reasons I can remember my projects. Even if they take years. That didn't help you, I know.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dont have too many projects going on- I have my son's NICU album, our Disney trip, and our 10th anniversary trip. Otherwise, when I eventually print anything not in those projects will just be in a general book.

I keep track of credits and other things in Evernote. I LOVE that program- I feel like its got my whole life in there.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a Text File on my computer with a list and one on my phone too. I don't know if they match- lol! I have too many unfinished and/or to scrap projects!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, my... I'm one that has a LOT of unfinished projects... my goal this year is to finish some of them... first going to finish 2010, 2011, and 2012 P365, WITL 2012 and DD of 2012 - then we'll see if I can tackle others...

I'm another that orders by folders - just the finished tiffs and print jpeg, not the photos - those are still in the photos folder.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

even though i usually am someone who doesn't follow through on anything, i do follow through on my scrap projects.
when i am doing a book or like in pl, i have categories in acdsee to gather my stash for that and may have additional editor files for rules i want to follow.
i can get quite obsessed about organizing my stash, this way i love to pull the stuff i want to use on a layout.

i heard of someone who is preparing her pages by opening a psd file, pulling all photos for the page and add journaling and/or ideas.
when she has the mojo, she comes back to complete the page.
i never did that but i think it may be useful for a tiny steps approach.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I try to keep my projects to a minimum. I scrap pics as I take them each week. I have half of p365 from 2012 to do cause I chose to try weekly layouts. I'm going back to doing monthly for this year as I seem to be able to stay caught up with those. I dream of everything I must do each night, no lists here.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
I try to keep my projects to a minimum. I scrap pics as I take them each week. I have half of p365 from 2012 to do cause I chose to try weekly layouts. I'm going back to doing monthly for this year as I seem to be able to stay caught up with those. I dream of everything I must do each night, no lists here.
Do you have examples of what a monthly P365 looks like?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm old school.

I keep a pad of paper and I outline the pages (with number of pictures) I want in a project/book. I scratch them off as I go. Right now, I need to finish my December Daily and I will have a vacation book in Feb. too.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I keep folders within my "In Progress" folder with the name of the project, like this:

I also have dedicated days that I work on each of them!! This way I can take a quick look into the folder and see where I am at and what I have done!!!

My days are:
Sunday: Project Life
Wednesday: Month In Review - although this is just caught up from last year....once I'm done this project is over - I have 3 months left!!
Thursday - Project Love me!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm_y2 View Post
Do you have examples of what a monthly P365 looks like?
This is my 2011 monthly layouts. I didn't push myself to have to have one everyday as it was just too much. I used a template from one of my old great CT's.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofpurrpurr View Post
i heard of someone who is preparing her pages by opening a psd file, pulling all photos for the page and add journaling and/or ideas.
when she has the mojo, she comes back to complete the page.
i never did that but i think it may be useful for a tiny steps approach.
I've seen that tip before, but I don't think I'd try it because of the size of layered files. If I had a layered file for every LO I've ever considered doing, I can't imagine how big a HD I'd need! Maybe if I scrapped things soon after they happened, but I have folders going back a few years that still need scrapping.