Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default help! any great gift ideas?

help! i need to buy a thank you gift for someone i don't even know and i cannot figure out what would be nice and appropriate! we rented a lake house this summer - and this would be a gift for the owner. she's a widowed woman about 50 years old .... i don't know that much about her, really - but i'd like to give her something nice that costs about $100 - $150. she seems fairly traditional and formal ... i was thinking some personalized stationary - but that's not enough ... ughh - any ideas ?!?!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Maybe a nice crystal vase...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't have even thought of giving the owner a gift. What does that say about me? Crystal would be nice. Or the stationary and a nice pen.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Well in the vein of you renting her house...I'd go with something home-y You've seen her house! Monogrammed towels or a monogrammed stone on sheppards hook? I personally love the stationery idea...maybe you could beef that idea up by creating some custom stamps for her and a beautiful pen set?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I agree, something for the home. Have you looked on etsy? They have such beautiful home decor. Plus you have seen the home, you should know her style.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

thanks everyone i was definitely thinking of something for her home - and i've scoured etsy ... i'm just horrible at deciding LOL! i had some crystal stuff picked out from another store (which i now want for me! LOL!), and then decided to go back to the monogrammed stationary idea b/c that seems like something she would like (she writes me beautiful emails about things like how to work the air conditioner! LOL!) ... so i got 4 different packs of monogrammed notecards and stationary from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/siskastudio ... i got some mommy cards from her and i LOVE them ...

i love monogrammed towels too - i was looking for some cute tea towels but couldn't find any i liked ...

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hehe, glad you have it worked out Dana love. You are so thoughtful Totally know how you feel about finding a great present idea and then realising you'd like it for yourself too! Haha
Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post
Well in the vein of you renting her house...I'd go with something home-y You've seen her house! Monogrammed towels or a monogrammed stone on sheppards hook? I personally love the stationery idea...maybe you could beef that idea up by creating some custom stamps for her and a beautiful pen set?
Love the stationery and towel idea. Maybe a very nice engraved pen to go with the stationery.